• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

javadoze

So scans are out

Kiriya (hawaiian shirt doctor)
is Kamen Rider Lazer

also they recolored Genm's Level 3, it's so hilariously bad that it snaps back to radical

they're also going all out in gaming theme too, props like bricks and chests contain coins that power up the riders

The level 3 form for Genm literally looks like an arms change from Gaim.

Also, the thing about Kiriya opens up some fun possibilities...
...namely, an arc where he antagonizes Emu and says something like "you're not worthy enough to ride me!"

So scans are out

Kiriya (hawaiian shirt doctor)
is Kamen Rider Lazer

also they recolored Genm's Level 3, it's so hilariously bad that it snaps back to radical

they're also going all out in gaming theme too, props like bricks and chests contain coins that power up the riders

Is this the first series where someone henshins
into the bike
? I think so. Closest is
Auto-Vajin

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
into the bike
? I think so. Closest is .
well he transforms first into
level 1
so there's that

and he's called
Lazer
because the
bike shoots lasers, kinda like Cheeda Niku

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That's pretty creepy and weird.

Also the Riders can apparently collect power-ups during fights.

Tiu Neo

Man you don't know how hard it is to find anyone else who liked, or even tried Hibiki lol.

I like Hibiki, just wish the second part was... not that messy. Maybe, maaaaybe that some things happened a bit faster, but even that is questionable, since one of it's charms is the laid back nature.

into the bike
? I think so. Closest is
Auto-Vajin

Accel, kinda?

Debirudog

I didn't really think Accel was all that great in W even when he eventually softened out but the Accel movie is when he finally won me over. Great husbando.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 50

Eh, it was ok, I guess. Javert training was good. The ending was... ok? I guess? Alain
becoming a takoyaki maker
is fitting.

Ex-Aid fighting looked fun. I like the effects used. That Amazons teaser at the end too, heh.

Ghost... It's over. It's finally over. With that theme, there was potential for it to be a good series, but it was all wasted. The villains were meh, and not menacing. Takeru was boring, Makoto was not very good, Akari was ok but didn't do much most of the times, Kanon was worthless. Sage was fun, but didn't really show up that much. Alain and Onari carried this series. Also, the opening theme was pretty good, so that's a plus.

I hope Onari's actor gets some good roles in the future. He deserves it.

Debirudog

On Rider cameos...

Wait gory violent Amazons are shown? They are so wildly different, I'm not sure if they could fit them in properly...

NeonZ

On Rider cameos...

Wait gory violent Amazons are shown? They are so wildly different, I'm not sure if they could fit them in properly...

They're including them in the upcoming 3ds game. I mean, Shin's movie was pretty violent too, and he appears in the crossovers just fine.

Although the original Amazon's violence was quite goofy, it still received complaints from parental groups. When they wanted to show Amazon tearing apart enemies in Skyrider, they just made the monster basically a robot inside, which only had mechanical pieces visible when Amazon tore its arm and head. They could do the same thing with the new Amazons if they want to showcase their violence in a more all ages movie - like making it tear apart a Roidmude rather than something that can bleed.

Shirakura has said that he doesn't want any crossovers or guest appearances during the Amazons show though, so, any cameos likely will have to wait for the series to end.

BTA

In Ghost's movie they did have Ex-Aid collect coins during the fight, so it's cool that it's also a thing in the show. I'm blanking on if he got a distinct power-up or not, unfortunately.

I wonder if they'll show a VS screen at the start of fights like the movie did, though, because that was rad.

Sou Da

In Ghost's movie they did have Ex-Aid collect coins during the fight, so it's cool that it's also a thing in the show. I'm blanking on if he got a distinct power-up or not, unfortunately.

I wonder if they'll show a VS screen at the start of fights like the movie did, though, because that was rad.

Did they do it in the epilogue?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 50

It's over.
Ex-Aid looks fun. Love his pre-battle catchphrase and all his game-style moves.
That kid is going to be Takeru's future son isn't he? But we won't find that out for months as that answer will likely be revealed in the Movie War.

I gave my overall thoughts on Ghost last week, and they haven't really changed. Wasted potential with way too much padding to cover what little story they had. The rules getting broken all the time didn't help.

So last episode of Ghost, meh it was ok, Ghost in general was just meh ok to be honest. I'm wondering if Ex-aid will be dark at all given what was teased in the last episode of Ghost.

WarRock

I just now realized how great a Battle Network style game with the Rider franchise would be.

Now lemme cry in a corner since this will never happen.

Boss Doggie

Man, Genm is so rad.

What are the chances HE is the actual secondary, what with being a P2 motif?

Did they do it in the epilogue?

Nope, but they're making a big deal about it in the magazine, so it's gonna be abundant in the show hopefully, since it's a collectible (actual physical collectible) for another Ex-Aid specific arcade.

vareon

Man, Genm is so rad.

What are the chances HE is the actual secondary, what with being a P2 motif?

Nope, but they're making a big deal about it in the magazine, so it's gonna be abundant in the show hopefully, since it's a collectible (actual physical collectible) for another Ex-Aid specific arcade.

... It never occured to me that Genm's color swap could be a P2 reference..

Boss Doggie

DJgVL7f.png

and even has Mugen/Infinity

also

axhhng.gif
wlnegp.gif
ktspks.gif

oxxkvp.gif
lnzrfu.gif
nhpftq.gif

Ghost 50

Ex-Aid is getting me hyped. Also, pretty sure Alain and Makoto could visit whenever they want to, right? Why have a big goodbye like they can't come back?

Gemn stepping up on the kid after he took the Gashat was legit funny.

Boss Doggie

So saw the scan of the all cube Zyuoh mecha

Holy shit it's so fucking beautiful compared to its toy version!

also apparently in the Ghost x Ex-Aid movie, there's gonna be a "surprise hero"

EDIT: also more scans of said magazine

LMAO GENM SLAPPING EX-AID WITH HIS BIKE WHEEL

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The ex aid writers look better with every reveal.

why the hell did i type writers? i meant characters

NeonZ

Ghost 50

Ex-Aid is getting me hyped. Also, pretty sure Alain and Makoto could visit whenever they want to, right? Why have a big goodbye like they can't come back?

Gemn stepping up on the kid after he took the Gashat was legit funny.

There's already a special magazine episode announced where they return some months later and face Leonardo DaVinci Ganma and Saionji. I'm just wondering whether they'll attempt to make Genesis fit in continuity somehow or this will be DaVinci Ganma's proper in-continuity introduction.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Right before he disappeared Ayumu mouthed "tousan", so yeah, timeline shenanigans.

javadoze

Ghost 50

I feel like this episode was pretty much a reverse Movie Wars Genesis. Except instead of Takeru going back to the past and him attending to save his father, we have
Takeru's supposed son travelling to modern day and I guess trying to do... something? Is Takeru going to die sometime in the future and leave his son behind or something?

Anyways, the Genm and Ex-Aid fighting scenes were pretty sick. I loved the chainsaw/GBA/zapgun thing Genm had ripping across Specter. If the fighting scenes in these crossover scenes were any indication of how they're like in the show proper, it'll be a fun ride.

ahdurian

just watched the Kyoryu 100 years after...and I'm curious....I wonder if they'll ever do a Super Sentai [n] Years After vs. series

like how they've had the Hurricanegers and Dekarangers have a 10yrs after special...if they'll ever do one where it's two Sentais in the future facing each other

or even a Kyoryu 100 years after vs a Ninnin 100 years later (with "new" ninjas)

Boss Doggie

They had 10 years after because of availability. Magiranger had plans to have one, but it fell through due to actors not being around, and their staff were supposedly moved to Gavan vs Dekaranger.

Tiu Neo

I guess that boy will be important in the Ex-Aid crossover? Or it was kinda pointless, really.

They had 10 years after because of availability. Magiranger had plans to have one, but it fell through due to actors not being around, and their staff were supposedly moved to Gavan vs Dekaranger.

Really? I would like a Magiranger 10 Years After, it's one of my favorite series. Oh well, same case as Abaranger, I guess. Eh, at least we got more Dekaranger out of it.

Boss Doggie

So apparently DX Gamer Driver doesn't have any electronics at all?

Nope, it's pretty much like W Driver

All the electronics are coming from the Gashat, as the driver only has mirrors to reflect the gashat and nudges to press gashat buttons

Really? I would like a Magiranger 10 Years After, it's one of my favorite series. Oh well, same case as Abaranger, I guess. Eh, at least we got more Dekaranger out of it.

Really sucks too.

Though at least MagiYellow/BeetBuster's actor is always around it seems.

Top Bottom