• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Is Ex-Aid Frog Fractions 2?

mother-of-god-gif-photobucket-i3.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Whale of a Tale 31

Another action packed ep! Love the spear weapon and the villain plot. And I love how they actually pres on Misao's issues.

Also Dodeka-Oh looks great as a suit. The toy looks clunky but in-show it looks great. For some odd reason I am reminded of Galaxy Robo.

I want armor movements in transformation sequence like Den-O, Kabuto, or Gaim, but eh I'll take it.

by Blade 2.0 I mean memes

also Gasshat and Driver commercial

Slayven

If Genm was truly evil he would have a weapon based on the Game Gear, every time he uses it, it drains the life force of thousands

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 31

Dodekai-oh so good! Now to wait for the eventual "everyone combines" combo in a few episodes.
Poor Whale just misses his old friend.
Cool that we got some Misao development too. Same with next week (at least it looks that way).

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 31

Whoa, that spear is giant. Mecha-whale looks cool, too. Kinda like an older sentai robot, using heavy armor. Like if Flash Titan was red and could move.

While I like Misao's weirdness, I hope he grows a bit from it next episode.

Will the Deathgallien do... something? A clone-whale? Giant GIFT?

ahdurian

Zyuohger 31

Dodekai-oh so good! Now to wait for the eventual "everyone combines" combo in a few episodes.
Poor Whale just misses his old friend.
Cool that we got some Misao development too. Same with next week (at least it looks that way).

i like Dodekai-oh...but god the "everyone combines" zord...i don't know which I hate more. Zyuohger's or ToQgers

Slayven

Any chance that monster from Whale's origin will come back? I mean they just froze him and threw him into space

I'm really hoping that Kyuranger will have more concise designs for its mechs. Bandai should take a page from Megaranger's Galaxy Robo.

Megaranger's second set of mechs was great, too bad they never did anything individually

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If Genm was truly evil he would have a weapon based on the Game Gear, every time he uses it, it drains the life force of thousands

It would die on him right out of the henshin phase. He's gonna need the battery pack to be effective

Boss Doggie

rumors, take it with a grain of salt

仮面ライダーエッシャー Kamen Rider Escher
Parado Puzzle Gashat - Puzzle Gamer LV1-LV2
パラドパズルガシャット

Jyuku Visual Gashat - Visual Puzzle Gamer LV3
塾ビジュアルガシャット

仮面ライダーユウシャ Kamen Rider Yuusha
Washi Simulation Gashat - Simulation Gamer LV1-LV2
ワシシミュレーションガシャット

Americle Warrior Gashat
アメリクルウォリアーガシャット - Warrior Simulation Gamer LV3

仮面ライダーウィッチ Kamen Rider Witch
Gachi Gachi Horror Gashat - Horror Gamer LV1-LV2
ガチガチホラーガシャット

Gururu Monster Peach Gashat
グルルモンスターピーチガシャット - Monster Horror Gamer Peach LV3

Gururu Monster Plum Gashat
グルルモンスタープラムガシャット - Monster Horror Gamer Plum LV3

Slayven

So we really doing "I recordered all your fights and built a robot to counter you, so you have to figure out how to form the ultrazord" trope?

Well we just did the "the biggest zord hates us for reasons so we have to tame it with friendship" trope

Boss Doggie

Is this the same source from where we got Kamen Rider filenames or different?

just found it in /krg/

So we really doing "I recordered all your fights and built a robot to counter you, so you have to figure out how to form the ultrazord" trope?

Well we just did the "the biggest zord hates us for reasons so we have to tame it with friendship" trope

nah this isn't that one

we actually got a fresh reason than "I was only testing you" or "I'm just a tsundere mecha!"

basically it was born at the same time as Cetas became the first Zyuohger, and it probably didn't know Cetas passed away for hundreds of years, so it was more of an animal not giving a fuck about them until Cetas's spirit says it's okay

Debirudog

I'm still peeved at Ryouma's implication that she was concealing something leading to nowhere.

I don't actually quite remember that moment (Was she hiding some intention with Kaito? I dunno)...but I do think Urobuchi ditched a few story elements. Takatora seemed like he was gonna play a huge role and while I love his character overall, he did a feel little less significant in the end.

Gaim's still amazing though. Probably my favorite Rider show.

I don't actually quite remember that moment (Was she hiding some intention with Kaito? I dunno)...but I do think Urobuchi ditched a few story elements. Takatora seemed like he was gonna play a huge role and while I love his character overall, he did a feel little less significant in the end.

Gaim's still amazing though. Probably my favorite Rider show.

That was before she started getting involved with Kaito iirc

Mage was horror, but Mayu henshining was still worth it.

Also, this is an early multi-Rider show. Best case we get another Marika.

Man, I loved Marika, she was great
...shame about her getting killed in the end.

I wish we could get another female rider, preferably more Marika and not Kivala/Nadeshiko.

BTA

Still 5 episodes or so behind Ghost; I hadn't watched more since I caught up enough for the movie until this week. I've already been relatively spoiled (nothing too unpredictable) but I do have one question: do they ever address Kanon's whole deal?

Was she actually ever dead? They've since established Eyecons/Ganma bodies are just backups/surrogates while the original body was somewhere else so... did she actually get turned into that Eyecon or was that wish just entirely wasted because Makoto never said "actually, she's technically alive and safe; I just need to retrieve her body and I can't do that manually because reasons"?

Tiu Neo

Still 5 episodes or so behind Ghost; I hadn't watched more since I caught up enough for the movie until this week. I've already been relatively spoiled (nothing too unpredictable) but I do have one question: do they ever address Kanon's whole deal?

Was she actually ever dead? They've since established Eyecons/Ganma bodies are just backups/surrogates while the original body was somewhere else so... did she actually get turned into that Eyecon or was that wish just entirely wasted because Makoto never said "actually, she's technically alive and safe; I just need to retrieve her body and I can't do that manually because reasons"?

If that was the case,
he could just go back to the Ganma world like he would try to do with his body later? I don't think she ever had a fake body, but she simply died, and Makoto kept her soul/consciousness/whatever on that eyecon so he could ressurrect her.

NeonZ

She had an adverse reaction to the Ganma world's atmosphere, like the mother of Alain's family, and the later died due to that, so, yes, she was dead. The only issue is that later on the Ganma never seem to show the ability to store actual souls of the dead in Eyecons, unlike the heroic Eyecons prepared by Takeru and his father.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
rumors, take it with a grain of salt

If true, I'm guessing Escher is definitely Parado, the one Bugster general---wonder if he's still a villain here, or if he goes good?

Yuusha sounds amazing---Washi Simulation, Americle, even Yuusha (USA?) makes me think he'll be an over-the-top American.

And is that a Pokemon reference with there being two versions of the Gururu Monsters Gashat? Nice.

delSai

I have to say, i love Hibiki so far. Almost 30 episodes in and at this point i would say it's my favorite Rider Show. I know it's supposed to go downhill at some point so all that might still change.

I have to say, i love Hibiki so far. Almost 30 episodes in and at this point i would say it's my favorite Rider Show. I know it's supposed to go downhill at some point so all that might still change.

It will be interesting to hear what you think about the show when you're done with it.

vareon

Man you don't know how hard it is to find anyone else who liked, or even tried Hibiki lol.

Boss Doggie

So scans are out

Kiriya (hawaiian shirt doctor)
is Kamen Rider Lazer

also they recolored Genm's Level 3, it's so hilariously bad that it snaps back to radical

they're also going all out in gaming theme too, props like bricks and chests contain coins that power up the riders

Top Bottom