• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

Really sucks too.

Though at least MagiYellow/BeetBuster's actor is always around it seems.

Yep, and the ending was nice, but did leave some things open for a 10 years after story.

And yeah, if he keeps doing cameos like that he'll someday surpass Kenji Ohba in number of sentai.

javadoze

Yamato's actor confirmed to be a clone of Marvelous's actor.

tumblr_inline_ods0ssQw0L1qhr70g_540.jpg

Debirudog

I can't wait to watch Gobusters after I'm done with Jetman, which is probably my favorite sentai despite some of it's dated special effects.

Jin and J look really cool. *o*

WillyFive

I can't wait to watch Gobusters after I'm done with Jetman, which is probably my favorite sentai despite some of it's dated special effects.

Jin and J look really cool. *o*

Jin and J are awesome, the show should had been about them instead of those mopey and poor core 3 Rangers.

javadoze

Ex-Aid's "I'll clear this with no continues!" catchphrase feels like a direct jab at Ghost dying and coming back to life 3-4 times.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid's "I'll clear this with no continues!" catchphrase feels like a direct jab at Ghost dying and coming back to life 3-4 times.

Well, which was the last Rider that didn't die at least once? Never watched OOO and Wizard, so I'm not sure about those.

Would be good if they changed that a bit, for variety.

NeonZ

Well, which was the last Rider that didn't die at least once? Never watched OOO and Wizard, so I'm not sure about those.

OOO didn't die. Wizard also didn't, but
Wizardragon, his power source, did die and then resurrect for the debut of Wizard's final form.

Tiu Neo

die?

Don't feel like riders usually die ever.

well...
philips in W
kinda did until an eps later.

Shoutarou almost died to get Extreme, Gentaro died until Meteor ressurrected him, Kouta died but got better, Freeze killed Shinnosuke who was ressurrected by Kiriko. Ghost... died like four times.

The Post-Decade Riders I watched almost always die or fake-die on their final form debut.

EDIT:

Finished Battle Fever J.

Weird series, you can see they were still experimenting with a lot of things. I like the feel of the series, even if the story was inconsistent and most of the costumes were very, very dated. Even Amazon looked better, and it was older than it.

France and Kenya were my favorite characters, but most of the main team (and the mentor) were good. The only member I can say I didn't really care about is Miss America I, who was... weird. She wasn't there most times, and when she was she didn't really do anything. No wonder they changed her mid-series. Cossack I was a bigger lose, but Cossack II was also a good character by himself. It was curious how he was and pretty much the opposite of the first one - and how that fit well in the team balance.

The robot battles had some interesting variations some times, and didn't happen every episode, which was nice.

Good series, but if you want to watch something older, I still like Sun Vulcan a bit better.

vareon

So I went to Indonesia Comic Con today probably the biggest event of its kind this year. The guest artists are heavenly for a Toku fan like me. Forgive the potato quality photos but I'm generally having fun lol. Also forgive the long post of basically me geeking out.

First have Tsuyoshi Nonaka, who was credited for many Sentai mechs including Daizyujin. He's also a really cool guy, very playful. He sculpted a triceratops-eating man, who became a triceratops man, using playdoh ish thing in the stage all while humming Kamen Rider V3 and Ultraman Mebius. I forgot to bring my Winspector Fire figuarts, though.

Then there was Mitsuko Horie, of Voltes V no Uta fame. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of her, but she had a really nice voice. For a moment she switched into her Sailor Galaxia voice and sound like a totally different person. She then switched with...

...Akira Kushida, who opened with Jiban's theme. Unfortunately he didn't sing Gavan and Sharivan, which is supposed to be tomorrow.

Horie and Kushida finish the session with both performing Himitsu Sentai Goranger.
Regarding Sharivan, though...

Hiroshi Watari (Iga Den/Sharivan) himself came. He's a really cool guy, very funny and energetic. He did a flawless Sekisha move. This photo was him singing the Spark! Sharivan. Hiroshi Watari coming here was nice, because last year we have Kenji Ohba---

OH WAIT THERE HE FUCKING IS. His was a surprise visit, none of the viewers knew he would come. We have a great Retsu-Iga banter for a few moments.

And the last...

...is The Man himself. That was me shaking hands and grinning like an elementary schoolboy.

Hiroshi Fujioka was an awesome man in real life. Upon visiting this country, he requested an agenda to visit an orphanage and entertain the kids there. He invited the kids to his panel, asked them to come on stage and hugged them one by one before taking photos. The kids never knew who he was, but he said it doesn't matter, he's just doing whatever he can to help.

So yeah, new Kamen Rider. Bring it on.

WillyFive

So, of those four... Goggle V, Turboranger, Gingaman or GoGo V?

Ginga or GoGo.

GoGoV in particular is a spectacle, it had a big budget and contains the best looking practical and miniature effects to date. Story wise however it's similar to Magiranger, but not as good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 14

Zenowing (Torin's counterpart) is finally here in the last six episodes. Cool to see him.
Seems Arcanon can fuse two people together with ease. I imagine he did the same to Heckyl & Snide.
The subplot with the band audition wasn't bad, if only for the character development for Tyler. It looks like Tyler & Shelby are a couple now.

There's still the Halloween and Christmas episodes. I'm curious when those will air.

WarRock

...is The Man himself. That was me shaking hands and grinning like an elementary schoolboy.

Hiroshi Fujioka was an awesome man in real life. Upon visiting this country, he requested an agenda to visit an orphanage and entertain the kids there. He invited the kids to his panel, asked them to come on stage and hugged them one by one before taking photos. The kids never knew who he was, but he said it doesn't matter, he's just doing whatever he can to help.

So yeah, new Kamen Rider. Bring it on.
That is some cool stuff =D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ex-Aid has no OP in its first ep, also the first few mins feel like Drive

Oh and we see a fucking WONDERSWAN! Makes me hope to see Bamco stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
xfdxkz.gif
jshfhw.gif
mlijfe.gif

mkagay.gif
upndub.gif

I won't share the action, but man this ep is promising.

Also they actually do the video game aidop and video sfx really well unlike some garbage movie (Scott Pilgrim *cough*), helps that it doesn't have terrible protags and the video game aspect is actually important to the plot unlike said garbage movie

WarRock

Also they actually do the video game aidop and video sfx really well unlike some garbage movie (Scott Pilgrim *cough*), helps that it doesn't have terrible protags and the video game aspect is actually important to the plot unlike said garbage movie
what am I reading

The audio for the opening "Excite" is out, with rough subs. Not bad. Feels like they're trying to do an Ex-Aid>Excite pun here.
aaaand into the trash it goes, hate this at least as much I hated Wizard's OP

vareon

We are enemies forever now, Boss Doggie.

Top Bottom