• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

Worse will be when Amazons 2 isn't subbed.

I mean, North Americans will probably get it someday from Amazon. Rest of the world? Pffft. Either become pirates or try to VPN, if it works.

You too busy trying to rule Harlem

I'm not even on that new shit. I'm classic.

8ec33660d70d89228fbba72939abbafc.jpg

vareon

Ow, OT skipping Ex-aid. Ex-aid doesn't really have that "Urobuchi hype!" like Gaim so I hope there's still a lot of interest.

RangerBAD

Worse will be when Amazons 2 isn't subbed.

I mean, North Americans will probably get it someday from Amazon. Rest of the world? Pffft. Either become pirates or try to VPN, if it works.

I don't think you need to Amazons seasons 2 in the same basket as Ex-Aid. It's only probably going to be 12-13 episodes. Not a year long show.

Tiu Neo

I don't think you need to Amazons seasons 2 in the same basket as Ex-Aid. It's only probably going to be 12-13 episodes. Not a year long show.

The problem with Amazons is that it is licensed. For a Streaming service. It'll be out officially in Japan and the US... and region-locked at the rest of the world.

BTA

I want to finish Ghost before I watch the first episode of Ex-Aid, but that'll probably happen before the second episode's out anyway. Hopefully this new sub group's good...

I bought the Sports Gashat. I resisted buying a Gamer Driver but I also resisted buying a Break Gunner...

EDIT:
Wasn't that about Gaim? The guy he's replying to is protected, so we got no context.

The question was about Gaim, yes- they were wondering about whether they didn't do Gaim just because Aesir said they were or if they had already decided not to.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yeah but rad is far from a meme

Genm Direct 1

Furry Pancakes 32

2dXrZKY.jpg

Good character building episode for the team, and honestly how I prefer character quirks to be handled. People wanted Misao to change as early as the Tusk/Misao ep, but I feel that would be a quick character change, and honestly I like how consistent they were. Hopefully this means Misao won't be playing the same jokes.

With that said I really enjoyed how despite being hit by the reversi-beam, it didn't affect Leo because he's just that honest, and it made Tusk into a nicer guy lol.

shaowebb

oh baby, ex-aid 1 subs are out, time to see if excite will keep it up

I haven't watched any of the new stuff in awhile. Completely avoided Ghost...reaaaaaaaally sketchy on Ex Aid but it may just be dumb enough to be fun if handled right. So long as its not a snore like Wizard and remembers to develop its main cast I guess I'll be okay.

vareon

Ex-aid 1 was....nice. It's good to see a proactive protagonist again. It already won my heart for the doctor and "saving people" theme.

Its aesthetics and presentation won't bring many people in, though. It's -really- childish and "gamey" I can see some people being put off.

delSai

I have to say, EXCITE did a pretty good job with the subs. Font is good, no dumb colors or effects, text seemed good to me as well. They did a pretty good job!

Ex-Aid 1
I loved it. The fighting was so dumb and over the top. I liked what we saw of the characters, music was good too. We're off to a good start. Definitely removed all my doubts i had about Ex-Aid, let's just hope they continue like this and dont fall apart later on.

Boss Doggie

Also notice is the sudden change of character when Emu goes M and Asuna goes Poppy.

Also is Dan Kuroto this world's Inafune? His Mighty Action X looks barely different than the handheld version! Oh well it looks better than Mighty No 9 at least.

WarRock

Ex-Aid 01
Ok, sure. That was fun. Besides the giant meatball monster that belongs in Clayfighters.

Love the sounds effects and the Rider Kick.

I haven't watched any of the new stuff in awhile. Completely avoided Ghost...reaaaaaaaally sketchy on Ex Aid but it may just be dumb enough to be fun if handled right. So long as its not a snore like Wizard and remembers to develop its main cast I guess I'll be okay.
I think you'll like Drive.

Dambrosi

Banned
Ex-Aid 1 was...interesting. Most of it was cringy as hell, and the Level 1 forms do the Riders no favours in the "get taken seriously" stakes. The Maitii Kritikaruu Sturrrraikuu! looks like something you'd see Lili from Tekken do, and I liked the 7-hit sword juggle combo in the main fight. Also, I got a faint Ryuki vibe from the other Rider cameos. I hope the series follows through on that.

Also, the subs weren't as bad as I feared. Keep it up, EXCITE!

Boss Doggie

watcha talking about? Lv1 had amazing choreography among the CGI! I didn't expect it to do somersaults!

Dambrosi

Banned
That's because -- now, be calm and listen closely, for you might be shocked to hear this -- Level 1 was entirely CG during that part. Hard to believe, I know!

No, really, the CG was so bad. If GARO can (sometimes) present good CG combat, why can't Kamen Rider series? I mean, meatball monsters that'd be rejected from Parasite Eve on PS1 for looking too fake, jeezus.

Boss Doggie

That's because -- now, be calm and listen closely, for you might be shocked to hear this -- Level 1 was entirely CG during that part. Hard to believe, I know!

dude, they literally hired new suit actors for the level 1 forms

also this ain't CGI

eyC9iE3.jpg

I figured you're gonna assume I was talking about the obvious parts where he was jumping and doing vidya attacks, but I'm talking shit about those handstands and even posing. The fact that they're actually going to have fights with Level1 even outside of the meatball and them showing good action with it makes me happy. This shit you don't normally see on Robotack or Kabutack's "toy" forms. Even when Level1 went off to the kid, he didn't look like he was having trouble moving or bending, or crouching, which is usually something you'd see on a bulky suit.

Don't get all snappy with me, I've breathed toku since as a kid lol

WarRock

The meatball is the worst thing since I don't know what, but the rest of the CGI was incredibly passable for a low budget children's TV show.

And I can't even tell if the monster looked that bad thanks to bad CG tech or straight bad design/art. I mean... if you told me it was a poopball monster I would believe you.

javadoze

Ex-Aid 1

A really strong start to the show. People who watched the raw seemed generally lukewarm on it, but the pacing seemed good to me. Emu's regular goofball attitude switching to a more confidant persona was a breath of fresh air (I can't stand first fights where you have a rider flailing around for the most part). The Lvl 1 fight was endearingly over-the-top while the Lvl2 fight was a nice spectacle; though I usually dislike CG as a stand-in for practical effects, this show is probably the one big exception I'd make to that (that rider kick).

So yeah, I'm EXCITEd to see what episode 2 brings.

Boss Doggie

oh yeah I agree, the meetball virus was hilariously bad

though I kinda expected it, Toei gonna Toei

remember those Underworld Phantoms?

Hey uh, I've been gone from this thread for a while(not into the current KR or Sentai team), has the new ones been announced and/or out?

Jeffrey

Hey uh, I've been gone from this thread for a while(not into the current KR or Sentai team), has the new ones been announced and/or out?

A new kamen rider show (video game themed) literally just started yesterday lol.

I'm not a huge fan of the ninja megazord, especially when it came after dairanger's kick ass mecha, but man is the legacy toy nice.

https://youtu.be/GexAmNceTNU

All that articulation in a megazord gets me weirdly aroused.

delSai

New Kamen Rider (Ex-Aid) episode just came out. The trademark for the new Sentai also showed up. Space i think it was?

Why does everyone Rider show start out with a big CG set piece?

Get the kids hooked with a bit of money.

I liked Ex-Aid. Emu is proactive, which we haven't really had since Gentaro. I think the show will settle down once they're done blowing their budget on pushing the game theme so hard. It all depends on how they execute on the other Riders.

So I just watched the first episode of Ex Aid after not watching 2 seasons of kamen rider. I like the premise, I like the main guy and I DID like the girl until the end of the episode when she got suuuuuuper annoying.

I'll definitely keep up with this one for a bit though.

Tiu Neo

Ok, let's go.

GoGo V first impressions are very good! Nothing really bad to say about it right now, the characters are good, and the model work on this is really impressive.

Zyuohger 32

Ahahaha, I like how they play Tusk being an tsundere and Leo already being an asshole.

I hope Misao gets a bit more confident now. The joke was funny, but by now it's a bit overused.

That ending, too, oh my god.

Ex-Aid 01

First episode looks good, but most of them are. I wonder if they'll keep all those game CG effects on the series.

The director looks fun, I hope the rest of the support cast is also good.

Emu is fine, has a motivation, and his personality change when he transforms was cool. The action and fighting were fun, and the details are nice.

The monster and foot soldiers (wtf, chickenheads?) really look sentai-like.

WTF, Asuna.

Top Bottom