• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

So, Ninja Steel Pink's instagram. Yeah that ain't g-rated, she wears her color well though.

Lord Jesus. Booty and abs for days.

stephen-colbert-wipes-sweat.jpg

Jeffrey

dang...

and yeah yoshistunts is basically half naked in every pic he posts on twitter lol.

Are there any pics of modern japanese toku stars shirtless?

Wonder if you can get decent gains from a water diet :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Saban is finding the sexiest people possible to be the new Rangers on both sides.

Jeffrey

Saban is finding the sexiest people possible to be the new Rangers on both sides.

i feel like rangers have always been '(sexy) teenagers with attitude'

They all still have to do some out of suit action so I assume you have to be somewhat athletic.

wonder if a front flip is a requirement during auditions?

WarRock

dang...

and yeah yoshistunts is basically half naked in every pic he posts on twitter lol.

Have you seen Kyoryuger or Shaider Returns?

dang...

Oddly enough, most toku stars in Japan are thin, but not necessarily fit.

That's why outliers like Gaku Sano (Gaim) and Hiroaki Iwanaga (Birth) are so impressive.

Current Saban seems to be casting at least a few athletes and stunt actors directly. Many of these folks are super fit. I guess they assume if the acting is going to be sub-par anyways, you might as well find people who can do the stunts.

I'm impressed it's based on the original MMPR and not on the upcoming movie MMPR.

I imagine you'll be able switch between both iterations.

The only thing I like is that you can start out in civilian form, which is one of the main things I wanted in a PR game. I got it, but...not like this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
You know I am really loving Animal Sentai Zyuohger the cast are just so likable, the costume looks great and the plot is really keeping me engaged.

Though we never did see what happen after Larry met up with Baird.

So I watched the first episode of Ex-aid and er it's really campy and childish but I also felt the same with drive and I ended up loving that around the 10th episode so maybe Ex-aid will be the same later down the line.

Jeffrey

MMPR got good music, don't think anything else holds up.

I still like watching season 2 just to see how they cut together footage lol and to spot random dairanger stuff they missed.

season 3 was just weird...

WarRock

What baffles me is people going "oh thank god it's MM". Dude, you didn't even try newer seasons to judge them, and almost if not all of your complaints are valid for MM too.

Edit: That said, I still love it and have tons of fun watching it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mmpr again.

Sadly...
Someday, Boom Studios will have the freedom to create stories with different teams. Give me an In Space comic, a Lightspeed Rescue comic, a Time Force comic, an SPD comic, hell I'll take an Operation Overdrive comic.

WillyFive

MMPR got good music, don't think anything else holds up.

I still like watching season 2 just to see how they cut together footage lol and to spot random dairanger stuff they missed.

season 3 was just weird...

MMPR doesn't have the best music though, it's just the one people listened to the most. MMPR also holds up really bad compared to other Power Rangers shows.

BTA

Was trying to finish Ghost on my long flight home from Japan... turns out my downloads of 48/49 were messed up. I learned this through 48 breaking halfway through, right in the middle of a pretty big scene. I'm gonna finish it in the next couple days, but till then...

Ghost 48ish
How does this cast continue to be so great with a plot so full of absolute nothingness? At least with Wizard there was very little good about it (basically the music and Beast) so it was clearly bad. Here, the characters are great, the suits are cool, and the plot's not even bad, it's just nonexistent. They dragged an arc that started from episode 17 or so and should have lasted maybe 10 episodes max for another 20 episodes beyond that. All progress is immediately made worthless and the suits are reused constantly, so I have to wonder: did they even have a plan for the last half of the show? It was also really weird seeing them ignore the movie they were advertising for a few episodes (even while having Argos in flashbacks) and even then we only got the Dark Ghost joke out of it. Some big shit happens in that movie, and it's completely not talked about... yet they reuse the pinkie promise, Musashi's actor, Dark Ghost's suit, and even some of the locations/sets from the movie.

I just wish characters I enjoy this much individually had gotten the show they deserved. Akari in particular- she was such a better character than I feared she would be based on that "skeptic" line in her bio. Short of being a Rider herself (she so should have become a tech-based Rider!), she was handled excellently and her competence was never questioned. Alain's great, Takeru/Makoto are good, Kanon's ok to good, and all the side characters are above average. Even Onari, despite being such a joke character, never really got on my nerves. Honestly, the show's pretty funny more often than not.

It's just... such a disappointment. There's so much lost potential here and that sucks.

k2eizo now has Taddle Quest

that music is awesome! And now I got it that taddle = tadoru

also the gashat box looks like a cart box lol

I bought Sports; the box's spine is really cool and looks like a game box's spine, but sadly the rest of the packaging is kinda generic Rider toy style.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, still not liking those suits. Or how everything looks, really. Maybe this movie is just not for me, dunno.

Still, maybe it'll be good. But I don't think it'll be for the same reasons that people like sentai/PR in the first place.

Jeffrey

Yep. It's sad.

The thing that worries me the most is mobility. Those things are suits of armor, basically. They're not the spandex we usually have. How agile can they be during fights in those iron man suits?

the on set shots seem spandex or some other flexible stuff. I can't imagine the action looking awful at the very least.

Power-Rangers-Movie-Suit-Behind-The-Scenes-2.jpg

WillyFive

Everything about the movie, from suit design, zord designs, color choices, to even logo design, it all just seems like bad art.

vareon

I liked the suits (it's OK) but not the helmet. Sculpted lips were a mistake. Much prefer something that is shaped like lips, like Iron Man or even Gundam, than actual lips. Or go with something like Tiger and Bunny's Wild Tiger.

Top Bottom