• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

WillyFive

Dragon Knight was a straight up fanfilm aired on TV. Every element of that show that was not the fight scenes was completely and utterly amateurish, as if it was made by kids who knew nothing but to hold a camera.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Dragon Knight was a straight up fanfilm aired on TV. Every element of that show that was not the fight scenes was completely and utterly amateurish, as if it was made by kids who knew nothing but to hold a camera.

Let's be real here

Fan films couldn't get that kind of budget for even one costume :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm just peeved that yet again, they use ayy lmaos for villains

Zoo 34

I really love Zyuohger's "let's start everything funny, but then slowly go dark and intense". The action's really great with the "dark rangers" and fuck I never knew Gorilla could go all out like that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

we got fanfilms in samurai and megaforce too. dragon knight was a lot more palatable than those

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 34

Now now, perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. Oh wait, it does in Sentai.
Man, that got nuts.

The all-cubes Megazord looks better in action than it did in the catalog

Sou Da

Ehhh, I actually enjoyed Dragon Knight even though they pussied out of the Rider slaughter at the end.

I like the directors a lot too, iirc they do Power Rangers now.

Fun Fact: They were going to do Blade next because of the card theme and high amount of riders.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 34

WTF was this episode. I expected something lighter from the first half.
Good twist and use of shadow sentai. I guess either Bunglay or more probably Kubar will be the final big bad?

And yeah, the every cube robot looks way better on the series.

WillyFive

we got fanfilms in samurai and megaforce too. dragon knight was a lot more palatable than those

Samurai and Megaforce were not fanfilms, they had rather impressive production values for PR and Toku and were about one would expect to be with any TV show on the air. The Samurai/Megaforce problems were with it's creative staff.

Dragon Knight however makes me think of the Database Ranger fanfilms he makes from time to time. They are both the same to me, except one got to TV.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Zyuohger 34

Good twist and use of shadow sentai. I guess either Bunglay or more probably Kubar will be the final big bad?

Bunglay will die next week

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Samurai and Megaforce were not fanfilms, they had rather impressive production values for PR and Toku and were about one would expect to be with any TV show on the air. The Samurai/Megaforce problems were with it's creative staff.

Dragon Knight however makes me think of the Database Ranger fanfilms he makes from time to time. They are both the same to me, except one got to TV.

All the work done on those shows were on the Japanese end. Fan films usually have better acting than either.

Sou Da

Dragon Knight is head and shoulders over Post revival Saban as a whole.

javadoze

Zyuohger 34

I feel like
with the way Kubar's scheme has been going, he'll probably attempt to kill Genis, but then Genis will reveal he knew Kubar's identity all along and kill him. From there, I'd guess Genis would take an even more active role in the blood game with some kind of "true form".

Tiu Neo

I feel like
with the way Kubar's scheme has been going, he'll probably attempt to kill Genis, but then Genis will reveal he knew Kubar's identity all along and kill him. From there, I'd guess Genis would take an even more active role in the blood game with some kind of "true form".

I feel that would be a good way of doing it.

Right now Genis is a bit too passive, most of the times. I don't really know if it's because at some time someone will turn against him (in this case, Kubar), or because he has a hidden secret power and doesn't want to use it.

SIC Gaim showed up today.

CvFh1PgWAAAPq8z.jpg

CvFh13cWgAEQvnK.jpg

Nice. Forgot I bought this.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 3

This is shaping up to be a great series. The conflict is interesting, the setup is good, the fights are fun to watch. Each rider having a very distinct style is a nice choice.

While I still don't like the OP, the rest of the soundtrack is pretty good, too.

So much potential. I hope it lives up to it.

javadoze

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid 3

Really good action directing this episode. Though I didn't really care for the victim of the week, Taiga's addition to the cast adds a bit more intrigue and not to mention some rider vs rider fighting. That last conflict of the episode is probably going to be resolved next time, but I'm glad they actually followed through with the consequences and had
Taiga snatch Emu's gashat.

Ex-Aid 3

This is shaping up to be a great series. The conflict is interesting, the setup is good, the fights are fun to watch. Each rider having a very distinct style is a nice choice.

While I still don't like the OP, the rest of the soundtrack is pretty good, too.

So much potential. I hope it lives up to it.

I have to agree with you here. It feels like this will be a good show from what it is presented.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 3

We Rider Wars now.
Excellent action this week. I'm surprised there's an FPS Rider since shooters aren't majorly popular in Japan.
Only 10 Gashats? There's going to be way more to this series than that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ex-Aid 3

A little detail I love is how each Rider selects their character uniquely and the unique Level Up catch phrase.

Guys I watched Kamen Rider Ex-Aid episodes 1 & 2. I'm sold on everything so far to be honest. It's so fun and whacky. I mean I'm not a fan of the lead actress in her game persona though.

I love how he's rocking pink.

Sou Da

I don't remember how vital collecting was in it, buy maybe OOO?

I meant this particular plot. Like Snipe just says it with no way to back up if it's true, how would it even help them rid the virus for good?

This shit isn't even magic, it's manufactured.

Top Bottom