• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Ah, I love when there is a purposeful pun.

Guys I watched Kamen Rider Ex-Aid episodes 1 & 2. I'm sold on everything so far to be honest. It's so fun and whacky. I mean I'm not a fan of the lead actress in her game persona though.

I love how he's rocking pink.

Yea, I'm same with Asuna, kind of jarring to be honest. Outside of a few other things, I'm enjoying Ex-Aid so far.

I meant this particular plot. Like Snipe just says it with no way to back up if it's true, how would it even help them rid the virus for good?

This shit isn't even magic, it's manufactured.

Yea that's the thing, I GET that with Ghost the set number of collectibles might have served a mystical purpose, but I think that in part led to things fizzling out. Here it just seems odd to have a set number necessary to somehow get rid of all of the viruses, I'd rather it'd be like Drive or Gaim in that the trinkets show up when necessary...unless you're Kiwi arms.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nintendo EXTREMU MAKSHIMUMU DRIVE

gd19B4w.jpg

Tiu Neo

Juspion is now fully fansubbed, wow...

I rewatched a few episodes some months ago, and it's probably one of the series that aged the worse. I like it, it's worth watching, but damn, even older series didn't look this... weird.

The first episode in special is so much of a Star Wars ripoff that it's funny.

I rewatched a few episodes some months ago, and it's probably one of the series that aged the worse. I like it, it's worth watching, but damn, even older series didn't look this... weird.

Wasn't there a lot of Star Wars references in Dairanger?

I mean by far, the action was probably the best part, but Changeman was the show for 1985. I never liked Byclosser.

Mr-Joker

Banned
After watching episode 3, I am slowly warming up to Ex-aid.

Though seeing the preview of him on the bike made me go "Oh yeah he's a Kamen Rider" as I got so used to seeing Ghost barely being on his bike.

Nintendo EXTREMU MAKSHIMUMU DRIVE

gd19B4w.jpg

....Okay I need this set up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
CYAQ7GUUwAEMKF6.jpg

These dudes always struck me as a reference to General Zod and his friends from Superman. If I recall the big guy never talked just like Non.

He did, but he was always the "stupid one".
I think, it's been a while since I watched Dairanger.

The Gorma theme was basically the Imperial March, like "close enough they could almost sue"
Plus, the whole arc with Ryo and his dad having gone to the dark side.
That is the part that I was thinking of.

CYAQ7GUUwAEMKF6.jpg

These dudes always struck me as a reference to General Zod and his friends from Superman. If I recall the big guy never talked just like Non.

I totally didn't catch that the first time I watch.

Tiu Neo

Finished GoGo V!

Great series. It's incredible how every 3-4 episodes, there is a big crisis or something. The fights are ok, but the model work on this series is incredible! It reminded me a lot of Magiranger (family theme) and Timeranger (general style and atmosphere), and while it isn't as good as those at what they do, the mix is pretty good. The villains were kinda eh, not that good at the first few episodes, but they got a lot better, and had a good development. In the end, they were pretty good.

I'd say this is easily a top 10 series for me.

Now I'll take some time out, and then maybe choose what to watch next in a few days or weeks.

Wasn't there a lot of Star Wars references in Dairanger?

Yes, but Juspion is a bit more... Well, obvious. The first episode even has a cheaper looking cantina scene, iirc. And of course, we have Satan Goth, which is very familiar.

tumblr_lpdc5bH0O61qii6jto1_500.jpg

Tiu Neo

Orb 16

Continues were the last episode left out, and man, it is great.

We get a lot of backstory, more character building, and even a peek at Gai's real form.

BatDan

Dino Super Charge 16

Another body swap episode, but this one was good at least.
Davi playing double duty was pretty nice, good range between the two characters (as well as impersonating Michael Taber). It makes sense he would have a current day relative.
Seeing Zenowing assist in the mentoring makes me realize that he should have been around the entire series and not these last few episodes... oh well.

"I never cared for your precious Sentai 6" Snide is an angry PR fan.
Incoming Heckyl redemption arc.

Ultraman Orb 16
Like the information we got in this episodes and how this will affect the rest of the show. Glad that they have this overarching story in this series so far.

Boss Doggie

I love the actual airing of Zyuoh's ep, it had Yamato's friends seemingly dying with Yamato in despair, followed by a HAPPY MEAL commercial!

BatDan

Zyuohger 35

Fuck, this show is so good! What is wrong with you Japan, how can you not like this? Not enough hyperactive moron Reds?

Wild Tousai Dodeka King! Wasn't a complete clusterfuck of an Ultrazord, so that wins points. The Cube legs are silly but acceptable.

So long Bunglay. Though I can't imagine it will be for long considering Kubar is clearly planning something with Bunglay's hand.

A Halloween episode?! That's surprising.

I love the actual airing of Zyuoh's ep, it had Yamato's friends seemingly dying with Yamato in despair, followed by a HAPPY MEAL commercial!

I saw a Webm of that. Bad form guys.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 35

Great arc. Bunglay got the end he deserved (until Kubar ressurrects him and he is defeated easily).

Yamato is such a good Red. I hope KyuRed doesn't go back to hyperactive red, let's give that a few years of rest.

Zyuohger 35

Great end to the Bunglay story.

Ex Aid 4

Man, if this series can keep up this quality, it'll definitely be a favorite of mine. I love that the medical aspect is just a means to an end.

vareon

I just realized that we're 35 episides in with Zyuohger. Genis has done jack shit but watching his game unfolds so far, but no complaints! The narrative supports it and the other villains feel competent.

As we enter the last third of the story, he'll probably show up more.

I just realized that we're 35 episides in with Zyuohger. Genis has done jack shit but watching his game unfolds so far, but no complaints! The narrative supports it and the other villains feel competent.

They did a good job with the villains this year.

javadoze

Zyuohger 35

Bunglay finally gets killed off
(yes, there was a bouquet).
Not much to say except I can't wait to see where the story goes from here...

...after the halloween filler episode that is.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid 4

This episode is also aces. Kiriya and the moves he does with his henshin (and Lvl 2 henshin) are entertaining to watch. Genm shows up again to be a standout in the fighting scene he's in (seriously, that wheelie finisher). This episode also comes complete with another random Ultraman cameo (with Taiga's actor previously starring in the investigation team in Ultraman X), this time we have Hikaru from Ultraman Ginga.

One last thing I noticed, but is it just me, or does Graphite look related to the Drago Knight Hunter gasshat?

Anyways, good episode. I'm also glad that the victim-of-the-week stories have mostly been in the background of these episodes instead of the primary focus so we can use that time for the main characters..

Boss Doggie

hahahaha I love /krg/'s thinking

Genm makes games so terrible they makes people ill and evil bent on taking over the world.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, if there's one thing I don't like much about Zyuohger are Genis and the Deathgalliens doing... pretty much nothing since they lost The World.

At least Bunglay was good, and now Kubar's story is looking interesting.

delSai

Finished Hibiki

Yeah, i loved it. I liked the characters, how weird and different it was, the music and i'd love to see another Rider fight with an instrument because it's awesome. The relationship between the Oni and their students were so good, some really strong and emotional moments, especially with Zanki and Todoroki. Interactions between all characters and not just Oni & Disciple were good i would say. Had some funny moments like Todoroki giving Hinaka a fish too. I really enjoyed it, even the second half. And the last scene was great.

What i didn't like: The changes, like removing the on-screen kanji stuff, even smaller stuff like the Oni no longer using the claws. The ending felt kinda... meh and could've been waaaay more epic... i would've liked to seen more of the 2 main villains as well, the experiment stuff was interesting.

Even with it's problems i would put it in my Top 3.

Yeah, if there's one thing I don't like much about Zyuohger are Genis and the Deathgalliens doing... pretty much nothing since they lost The World.

At least Bunglay was good, and now Kubar's story is looking interesting.

I want to say it kinda works, seeing as Genis' entire character is someone who prefers to watch the action rather than get directly involved. He was bored during the period between The World's defection and Bunglay's arrival.

Boss Doggie

Huh, so apparently the sister is played by Shinken Red Kaoru's actress

Only in Japan can design hell lead to the extinction of man kind

it's more of a "how could you develop so many games yet end up glitching them without checking" comment, a nod to the "Dan is a shitty developer" humor

BatDan

Ex-Aid 4

The Rider is a bike!
It's been way too long since we've had some Kamen Rider action. I imagine this won't last but I'll take it.

Genm Level 3. Oh snap. Was that Aerosmith playing?

10 games all getting insane glitches that make people sick. Someone lacked a QA department. Must have been Ubisoft.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot.
"The coroner? I'm so sick of that guy"

Finished Hibiki

Yeah, i loved it. I liked the characters, how weird and different it was, the music and i'd love to see another Rider fight with an instrument because it's awesome. The relationship between the Oni and their students were so good, some really strong and emotional moments, especially with Zanki and Todoroki. Interactions between all characters and not just Oni & Disciple were good i would say. Had some funny moments like Todoroki giving Hinaka a fish too. I really enjoyed it, even the second half. And the last scene was great.

What i didn't like: The changes, like removing the on-screen kanji stuff, even smaller stuff like the Oni no longer using the claws. The ending felt kinda... meh and could've been waaaay more epic... i would've liked to seen more of the 2 main villains as well, the experiment stuff was interesting.

Even with it's problems i would put it in my Top 3.
The ending to Hibiki was one of the things that I didn't like about that show.

Top Bottom