• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

jwk94

Did we get more info on the artisan Aura and Kiba changers like we were supposed to today? Really want to order me one.

MARIKA?????!!!!

Man, it took me a bit of time, but I found some images.

Marika looks dope as hell.

There is also Ichigo Arms, which is pretty fucking hot as well, Pineapple Arms, Jinbe Arms, and the other 3 New Gen. Riders.

14639581_10154176476078983_9080021423600577214_n.jpg

Don't like the scarf and her waist seems oddly small, but as long as she's not a crazy web exclusive, I'll buy her.

Wondering if Strawberry and Pineapple are armor sets or full figures. I'd pick them up if they're armor sets.

Loving the SIC styling this time around, leaning into the specific armor types.

Looks like Hiroshi Tanahashi will be appearing in the new Kamen Rider movie war.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/10/hiroshi-tanahashi-appearing-kamen-rider-heisei-generations/
Pro Wrestling star and celebrity Kamen Rider fan Hiroshi Tanahashi will appear in the upcoming Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pacman VS Ex-Aid & Ghost With Legend Riders as Dr. Pacman’s ally, Soji Raise, who becomes the Roboru Bugstar.

Tanahashi belongs to New Japan Pro Wrestling, holding the title for longest Championship belt defense. He is known for using Kamen Rider catchphrases as well as dressing in Rider-themed costumes in the ring. His trademark pose was inspired by Kamen Rider Kabuto.

Tanahashi has previously appeared in the Kamen Rider V3 music video from the Kamen Rider Girls and the Life is Showtime music video from Kiryuin Sho. He also portrayed an ancient Garo in the GARO: Ashura special earlier this year.

In regards to his appearance, Tanahashi remarked, “It was like entering a dream, being part of the Kamen Rider universe”.

Tanahashi’s Bugstar pose is crafted to make the character look as if he’s crushing an object, something Tanahashi says he doesn’t usually work into his own poses in the ring.

Within the movie, Pacman is a mysterious game virus life-form attacking Earth, prompting Ex-Aid, Ghost, and the Legend Riders to confront the threat.

The Movie Taisen series has officially been revamped into Kamen Rider Heisei Generation. This time around, the movie will also contain Kamen Riders Drive, Gaim, and Wizard as guests.

Slayven

Don't like the scarf and her waist seems oddly small, but as long as she's not a crazy web exclusive, I'll buy her.

Wondering if Strawberry and Pineapple are armor sets or full figures. I'd pick them up if they're armor sets.

Loving the SIC styling this time around, leaning into the specific armor types.

I am shocked they didn't take the Belly Dancer motif to the Xtreme

Snaku

Banned
Having a debate with my sister which is the most hype Sentai OP song. We've narrowed it down to Timeranger, Dairanger, and GoGo Five. I'm leaning GoGo just because every time I hear that song I have to sing along, and I feel pumped from how epic af it is.

Tiu Neo

Kiva starts off pretty good eh? Only watched 2 episodes but they were fun, still enough time for everything to go to shit lol. I'll continue watching it though.

I like Kiva! It would be worth to watch the series even if it was only Otoya, but the whole cast was pretty strong.

Having a debate with my sister which is the most hype Sentai OP song. We've narrowed it down to Timeranger, Dairanger, and GoGo Five. I'm leaning GoGo just because every time I hear that song I have to sing along, and I feel pumped from how epic af it is.

From those, I think both GoGo V and Timeranger are pretty good choices, but I'd probably go with GoGo V.

Outside of those, Gaoranger is a eh series, but has my favorite OP. Also, Abaranger. Can't forget Abaranger.

jwk94

Not sure if new thread worthy, but this image got released a little bit too early, it seems. First look at the T-Rex zord from the Power Rangers movie. We'll probably get more info next month as one of the Bandai peeps was just saying there's a lot of PR news for next month.

Not sure if new thread worthy, but this image got released a little bit too early, it seems. First look at the T-Rex zord from the Power Rangers movie. We'll probably get more info next month as one of the Bandai peeps was just saying there's a lot of PR news for next month.

Not going to lie. That looks like a dollar store off brand quality toy. "Mighty Warriors" type shit.

vareon

Kiva starts off pretty good eh? Only watched 2 episodes but they were fun, still enough time for everything to go to shit lol. I'll continue watching it though.

That's awesome

Kurenai Otoya carried the series through its darker times. He's just so fun to watch.

Pluto

Kiva is great with awesome designs and and interesting concept. It's one of my favourites despite having some flaws, not,as good as W and Fourze but it's still up there.

Jeffrey

caught up on ex-aid, is it just me or is there just too many riders too quickly?

Getting a bit overwhelmed with the ever growing cast and pretty much 1/4 of the eps is everyone henshining and lvling up lol.

A bit early in the season for this eh?

alvmew

caught up on ex-aid, is it just me or is there just too many riders too quickly?

Getting a bit overwhelmed with the ever growing cast and pretty much 1/4 of the eps is everyone henshining and lvling up lol.

Gaim was about the same. By episode four, we had four riders (Gaim, Baron, Zangetsu, and Ryugen) along with Pine Arms for Gaim. Looks like the next Ex-Aid episode won't be adding anyone new, but Gaim added two more riders AND Ichigo Arms in its fifth episode, and then yet another rider in its sixth.

That's Gaim speed. Not standard for main-cast multi-Rider shows, but not way out there.

Ryuki: Knight 1, Scissors 5, Zolda 8, Raia 22
Blade: Garren 1, Chalice 2, Leangle 16
Kabuto: TheBee 7, Drake 11, Sasword 19
Gaim: Zangetsu 2, Baron 3, Ryugen 4, Gridon/Kurokage 5, Bravo 6

vareon

Apparently, this year's sentai crossover movie will be just plain old vs Ninninger? Kinda disappointing.

Super Hero Year, everyone!

That's Gaim speed. Not standard for main-cast multi-Rider shows, but not way out there.

Ryuki: Knight 1, Scissors 5, Zolda 8, Raia 22
Blade: Garren 1, Chalice 2, Leangle 16
Kabuto: TheBee 7, Drake 11, Sasword 19
Gaim: Zangetsu 2, Baron 3, Ryugen 4, Gridon/Kurokage 5, Bravo 6

Yeah, Gaim and Ex-aid follow the same toy release pattern for post-Decade riders. A lot of toys are dropped in Q1 until around Christmas. There's always something new introduced in each early episodes, be it armaments, forms, or since Ex-aid is multi-Rider shows, Riders.

javadoze

Apparently, this year's sentai crossover movie will be just plain old vs Ninninger? Kinda disappointing.

That's pretty lame. The Gokaiger crossover was pretty cool, so I was hoping they'd do more with the whole 40th Sentai thing. Then again, I don't know what I expected from a company that pretty much relegated a Kakuranger/Hurricanger/Ninninger crossover to a single, somewhat mediocre episode.

That's pretty lame. The Gokaiger crossover was pretty cool, so I was hoping they'd do more with the whole 40th Sentai thing. Then again, I don't know what I expected from a company that pretty much relegated a Kakuranger/Hurricanger/Ninninger crossover to a single, somewhat mediocre episode.

They're at least doing the Blu-ray specials with the alumni from previous series.
..(which looks better for a 40th anniversary celebration than Let's Go Kamen Rider)

Tiu Neo

Well, now we can say that the Super Hero Year was kinda disappointing for Sentai ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least we got that Gokaiger crossover, I guess. Does Gavan vs Deka count on that?

WarRock

Zyuohger is so good, Toei had to balance it somehow, can't let fans get spoiled.

So, Shinkenger 42-43! Did not expect to make another post about it before wrapping it up, but MAN, that Akumaro payoff is great huh? Using Juuzo since the beginning, and then Juuzo's character is used to involve Genta and strengthen his resolve without making a fully featured focus episode. Nice arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 17

Wow, Sledge is back. I guess they wanted their money's worth of the original suit.
Surprisingly, he's the one that kills Arcanon and Singe. Reclaiming his place as the big bad. Maybe he'll transform into Deboth's true form?
Shame we won't get Killborero's true form, just his cloaked form. At least Icerondo's true form got used as Scumlaw. Then again, there's always the Christmas episode.

Tiu Neo

Orb 17

I kinda expected that kind of twist
since the first time Natasha showed up
, but it was a nice way of doing it.

And finally, Orb true form! I wonder how
Juggler will come back. That's not the end of him, for sure.

jwk94

Dino Super Charge 17

Wow, Sledge is back. I guess they wanted their money's worth of the original suit.
Surprisingly, he's the one that kills Arcanon and Singe. Reclaiming his place as the big bad. Maybe he'll transform into Deboth's true form?
Shame we won't get Killborero's true form, just his cloaked form. At least Icerondo's true form got used as Scumlaw. Then again, there's always the Christmas episode.
This episode was particularly bad. I felt like we could've done without the zombie stuff. That should've been the Halloween episode. Arcanon using the dark energem and then dying so quickly sucks. I feel like dude was an underutilized and kinds worthless villain. Then Sledge coming back was underwhelming. I think Super Charge needed to build things up some more. Having events happen at the tail end of episodes makes it all seem so rushed, especially when that even is supposed to be significant yet it doesn't really tie into the rest of the episode.

Top Bottom