• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

javadoze

...Are those boxing shorts? Is he supposed to be a boxer monster?

I barely notice any of this stuff until I stop and look at the monster designs.

Tizoc

Yuusha Yoshihiko S3 Ep. 1
Holy shit they got a budget!
and spent it all on the intro :V

Gotta love how
Buddha still messes up his lines and trails off into gibberish.

Remind me how it is they're able to use the DQ monsters in this show? No licensing issues with S-E?

delSai

IXAs beltvoice has to be one of the worst. Cool design though.
And Otoya really is the best, that one scene at the auction was amazing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Excite 5 is out!

IXAs beltvoice has to be one of the worst. Cool design though.
And Otoya really is the best, that one scene at the auction was amazing.

Glad I'm not the only one. It sounds like it is experiencing excruciating pain when talking.

EDIT: Oh, First confirmed in Rider Revolution.

WarRock

Huh, thought I was the last one to notice the tank top o:

Just saw that my post with last impressions of Shinkenger didn't go through, thanks internet that can't deal with some rain. To sum it up, it's a solid show, but didn't grab me like GoBusters or Gokaiger. Last 8 or so episodes are real good and worth the slight slog from the mid 30s.
Worst things about the finale easily are how the very last episode didn't felt as climatic as some of the previous ones... And the unnecessary twist so Takeru ends up
being the next Shiba head for real. Kaoru stepping down or not, the two fighting together would be amazing, and Takeru becoming ronin searching for his own life goals after so much time playing pretend would be great. He even could end up journeying through the world with Genta.

Ex-Aid 5
Lazer beats Taiga in table tennis, lol. Brave still is a shitter and yet he gets the next level 3. Yawn.

SO. THIS IS THE HYPEST ROCKET PUNCH SINCE SHIN MAZINGER. WOWA. THIS SHOW. I was in love with Ex-Aid ground pound finisher, but DAMN.

Gemn's identity was obvious as hell, but I still had hope he would be
the hospital director

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 5

Holy shit that Rocket Punch! That Level 3! That twist! Too good, too fucking good!

I wonder if this is going head in a similar direction to Gaim. Too early to call I know, Gaim took 13 episodes before it went into total "holy fuck".

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 5

Cool to see all the Riders fighting "together". The villains are better developed than Ghost's were at this point too, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if, at the end, they do the "connect with people's hearts" thing better on Ex-Aid than they did on Ghost, and that was a big thing on Ghost.

Genm's identity is not surprising, but may add some interesting things on the plot, I guess. Kinda like if Yggdrasil wasn't that antagonistic with the Riders on GAIM.

If there is one thing I want to see more developed in this, it's the whole "genius gamer" part of Emu. We saw him playing a game at the first episode and that was it.

javadoze

Ex-Aid 5

This god damn episode. At the start it seemed like the beginning of your regular Victim of the Week episode, but then we got something even better: a standoff with (mostly) all the riders, the Gekitotsu Robots Bugster, and Genm. At this point the show really shines with the big intersection of all the character motivations colliding (Hiro wanting to stop Taiga and Genm, Taiga wanting to take the gashat for himself, Kiriya taking on Genm, and Emu in a corner just wanting to just save a patient).

Of course, there's also the fear that the Lvl 3 form this episode could've felt undeserved, but the fight ended up rather nicely and felt like Emu earned it (that 2nd person POV on that rocket punch).

Absolutely thrilled to see what's coming next. One thing of interest though is how Pallad mentions how
you can't solve a puzzle through brute force.
This probably sounds like a vague gaming reference, but at the same time I'd have to wonder if eventually
he turns out to be the puzzle-themed Kamen Rider Paradox.

TnTAzQD.jpg

I can finally retire my tapes. Now to wait for Carranger's announcement.

BatDan

I can finally retire my tapes. Now to wait for Carranger's announcement.

Got mine in too. Can't wait for Carranger (since it sounds like this one is selling well too)

I did see images that compared the subs with MFC's subs. Real messed up if true.

Got mine in too. Can't wait for Carranger (since it sounds like this one is selling well too)

I did see images that compared the subs with MFC's subs. Real messed up if true.

MFC has already reached out to Shout about the issue, so hopefully we'll hear about what has actually happened.

WarRock

If there is one thing I want to see more developed in this, it's the whole "genius gamer" part of Emu. We saw him playing a game at the first episode and that was it.
I love how the only things separating him as a "gamer" next to the other Riders are the fact that he recognizes the games and he remembers to use power ups.

Besides that, he has the worst kept secret identity this side of Spiderman.

Tiu Neo

I love how the only things separating him as a "gamer" next to the other Riders are the fact that he recognizes the games and he remembers to use power ups.

Besides that, he has the worst kept secret identity this side of Spiderman.

Oh, yes, there's that too!

Still, I just want to see why is he so legendary.

Jeffrey

hope they don't dedicate 4 eps for each 'level up' for each rider.

Still wish there was more 'gaming' aspect to the show. Seems like the hospital drama is more important atm.

javadoze

hope they don't dedicate 4 eps for each 'level up' for each rider.

Still wish there was more 'gaming' aspect to the show. Seems like the hospital drama is more important atm.

I feel that's probably what they'll do, but then again, we're also getting Hiro and Taiga backstory next episode. So as long as we're having a main story focus of sorts, I'm fine with that.

WarRock

Until episode 9ish they are probably going to rush dem toys. After that we should get some more plot and establish the setting. Hopefully we'll see more of the game aspect - or of the medicine aspect, both are pretty flimsy now (though it's not that different from how W dealt with its "investigations").

Tiu Neo

Well, at least the plot progression is already a lot better than Ghost was at this point, imo.

It's a nice setup, they just need to work a bit more on those aspects when they run out of new toys to sell.

Tiu Neo

That is really great.

And to tell the truth, I'm not sure if even the Ghost writers had any idea of who would be the BBEG.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I liked Emu going for the Gekitotsu Bugster first---I saw that as a "gaming moment" where you take out the goons supporting a boss.

BatDan

Being honest here: aside from the dire lack of colors, I kinda liked the movie Megazord.

Very curious to see it combine.

I'm waiting to see it in action. Hopefully the full trailer has a bit of it.

I know people hate it because "Bayformers" but let's be honest, that's what makes money.

NeonZ

I'm waiting to see it in action. Hopefully the full trailer has a bit of it.

I know people hate it because "Bayformers" but let's be honest, that's what makes money.

I don't think it looks "Bayformer"-like at all, aside from the grayish colors. The main issue with that design is that it looks too much like a person in armor, rather than a robot (or a lump of metal parts like the Bayformers). I guess in the movie itself the zords will just "merge" together, rather than actually combine mechanically.

vareon

I don't think it looks "Bayformer"-like at all, aside from the grayish colors. The main issue with that design is that it looks too much like a person in armor, rather than a robot (or a lump of metal parts like the Bayformers). I guess in the movie itself the zords will just "merge" together, rather than actually combine mechanically.

The toy leak seem to suggest that they do combine. At least, they toys *can* combine.

Though my guess is that in the movie it will combine in an overcomplicated way, like Bayformers, while the toy is much simpler.

Top Bottom