• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

NeonZ

It's also written by Yuya Takahashi, Ex-Aid's main writer, so it seems like the connection between the movie and the show should actually work this time.

Barrage

I marathoned and finished Kamen Rider OOO. Unmarked spoilers below, please skip my post if you haven't watched it.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-

-

Overall a very enjoyable series, better and more consistent than Kabuto. Although i'm not sure about "and Hina lived with her brother, well into adulthood, instead of pursuing her dreams in Paris" as her endgame.

Also, while watching this series you get very used to asspulls of information, the whole "Have you forgotten...the TENTH cores?" made me roll my eyes.

Poor Gamel, man... :(

Barrage

Which series are you going to watch next, Barrage?

Hew, I'm gonna take a break for a bit, man...Toku too addictive. I was watching 5 eps a day.

But when i've accumulated enough Cell Medals, i'm picking between W and Fourze.

I really want to watch Wizard, tbh (I LOVE the Suit designs)...but i've heard mixed reviews, and don't wanna waste hours of my life. What are the issues people commonly have with that series?

NeonZ

I really want to watch Wizard, tbh (I LOVE the Suit designs)...but i've heard mixed reviews, and don't wanna waste hours of my life. What are the issues people commonly have with that series?

Wizard is strongly tied to the "monster and victim of the two weeks" format, with running plotlines not having much presence - in addition to having a small cast that doesn't get very developed in spite of all the time the format should allow. There's the main protagonist, who sometimes is portrayed as cheeky or arrogant, but most of the time is just a plain "heroic" character without any distinctive traits aside from liking donuts, and aside from some exposition regarding his backstory, only gets any development near the ending of the series. You have a comic relief character who, after his introductory arc, only gets further development near the ending of the show too; There's a policewoman who does get a couple of decent episodes, but still too little considering how small the cast is, and that's alongside at least one really bad arc focused on her too; And there's the actual main heroine, whose character is hurt a lot after the first 10 episodes due to her actress being tied to idol activities, and so having little time to appear for recordings outside of the studio (so, most of the time, she only appears in scenes taking place in a single set. It gets pretty noticeable when they attempt to make flashbacks involving her later in the series and they keep reusing the same few usable scenes).

There's a secondary Rider too, but he's mostly comedic focused, and basically has no ties to the main plotline during most of the series, with his own subplot carrying minimal presence in the show too. He does get a couple of good moments though, including near the ending.

Initially, Wizard at least attempts to do something with the episodic format since the Phantoms need to cause despair on a specific victim in order to give birth to a new phantom, but after a while the show's writers get lazy and every week it's the same "the fear of death will cause you to despair!" (No, it won't). And it just gets worse after each arc since
they never succeed, not even ONCE after the show's backstory, not even in some off screen incident.

After a certain plotline is resolved, the show makes it clear to the viewer that there won't be any real progress until the end-game starts - and the end-game's impact is based on a very obvious twist that most people originally guessed after the first few weeks of the show. The end-game itself is generally decent, but still has some really dumb character writing for a specific moment and the monster of the two weeks format continues until almost near the ending of the show.

Link1110

I loked the Phoenix in wizard, but they kill him of pretty early. Could've at least made outer to the halfway point. You know, one day he's gonna
get powerful enough to survive the sun. Maybe on decade 2 they'll fight him as some all powerful god or something

Wizard should've been so much better. It was between Fourze and Gaim with a good premise which could've made for way more interesting stories and maybe some good villains had the ones that were there succeeded one in a while. Shame

vareon

Ha, I remember when Wizard tried to be creative with how the Phantoms breed. Destroying their dreams, their loved ones, their mementos, etc. Then later the Phantoms just harasses people and hope they fall into despair.

Hew, I'm gonna take a break for a bit, man...Toku too addictive. I was watching 5 eps a day.

But when i've accumulated enough Cell Medals, i'm picking between W and Fourze.

I would suggest Fourze out of those shows.

delSai

Ex-Aid 5

I'm pretty happy with the big reveal. The Bugs design reminded me a bit of Kabutos lol. Lvl 1 Snipes Bullet move was weird. Gekitotsu Robots transformation song is amazing. And so was the critical strike.

I never would've guessed that i would like Ex-Aid that much, i remember my first reaction just based off the design lol. But so far, it's been reeeally good.

It's like a more extreme version of Chases Break Gunner

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Someone should put together a guide to Wizard episodes that actually affect the main plot. Because there are too many two parters that don't matter at all

Great news for Ultraman Orb!
As of October 2016, the Orb Ring, the primary transformation device used in the series Ultraman Orb, has sold 51% better than its predecessor, the X-Devicer from the Ultraman X series, which itself sold 20% better than the items featured in Ultraman Ginga S.

In addition, viewing figures for the show’s online streaming showcase a massive 89% increase from the previous series, Ultraman X. As of episode 15, the show’s worldwide streaming figures total 480 million.

FIELDS also once again mentioned an Ultraman Orb spinoff to air in December on Amazon Prime Video following the main show’s conclusion.

Ultraman Orb is currently streaming with English subtitles on Crunchyroll for viewers in several countries worldwide.

Tiu Neo

[URL="http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/10/ultraman-orb-viewing-figures-89/]Great news for Ultraman Orb![/URL]

It's my first Ultraman in years, but great news! It's a good series, it deserves to do well.

But... Amazon Video for the spinoff? BOOOOO. Put it on Crunchyroll too, not every country has Amazon Video.

It's my first Ultraman in years, but great news! It's a good series, it deserves to do well.

But... Amazon Video for the spinoff? BOOOOO. Put it on Crunchyroll too, not every country has Amazon Video.
It's really great to hear Ultraman Orb doing really well on Crunchyroll. I hope they can get more tokusatsu shows on there, or at least more Ultraman shows.

Ex-Aid 5

Continues to be hype as hell. The big reveal was a bit obvious, but it was still played up quite well. They are really going in with the "everyone is two faced" angle.

Level 3 being as strong as it was was a bit of a surprise. Gemn pretty much walked through everyone, even when they were prepared to fight this time. Those upper levels are going to be something to see.

I have a feeling that they will.

I'm wondering how they will get around the rights issues with the ones that are wrangled up with Chaiyo. It would be nice to have stuff like Ace, Jack, Taro and the like. Also it would be great if they manage to get Tiga/Dyna on there. I really regret not buying those Tiga box sets when they were released here in the states. I kept telling myself "Oh I have them recorded off of JP tv, I'll get them eventually" and I just kept putting them off. -_-

Tiu Neo

Another good thing about Ultraman being successful on CR is that this opens up for more toku to show up there. Probably not Toei stuff, but eh.

If it wasn't for Saban, maybe even some Toei Stuff. I mean, a random Brazilian service got the rights to stream Changeman, Flashman and a few Metal Heroes, so there is hope.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, I love Metal Heroes. At least Toei remembers they exist sometimes, so maybe someday we'll get an Amazons-style MH series that somehow comes west?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh I am liking the theory that Graphite is the Drago Hunter Z bugster.

Furries in Costumes 36

8letN9G.jpg

they never really do Halloween episodes huh? This was pretty comfy, and dat ending

next ep tho

uMmJXhM.jpg

mecha beard

Tiu Neo

And since we're speaking about MFC and Metal Heroes... They just finished subbing Gavan!

They'll continue with Sharivan next, from the news they posted. Glad to see MH getting some more love from the subbers.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 36

Ah crap, here comes the stupid Halloween clip show that Nickelodeon mandates every year. Wait, wrong side of the ocean.

I'm surprised at seeing Sentai do Halloween. It was a fun episode too. Next episode looks awesome though. Wait, not next week? GOLFGOOOOOM!

Tizoc

So a few questions
1- When will Yuusha Yoshihiko Series 3 air?
2- Is Tokyo Encounter ever going to be collected in Blurays/DVDs?

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 36

I don't really remember other series having a Halloween episode. Fun episode, and with good action, too. I like how they found a way to make Misao funny without making him too repetitive.

The mix of good action, funny moments and... Carnival? reminded me of Kyoryuger. That's a good thing, I guess.

And whoa, already only 10-12 episodes left, depending on Golfgom.

Top Bottom