• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Jeffrey

the megazord honestly looks like... a suit actor can wear it lol. I mean its basically just a dude. Could be any toku dude.

latest

some rescue fire vibes for me.

Jeffrey

it would be insane if the megazord looked just like the toy.

based off the poster, i'm guessing its gonna look like MMPR movie/ Beast wars chromish cg mecha but, 2016 tech?

Tiu Neo

Orb 18

Poor Gai, always dragged on those things.

Nice episode, good to see more about the uncle. That double fight was so good, and it's good he had his cool moment.

Aaaand... he's back.

Has anybody check out the Power Rangers comic? I heard mix things about and I read the free comic book day issue.

I keep up with it and I like it. It being a comic allows for the Rangers to show more personality and allows us to see their interpersonal relationship beyond "Friendship and Teamwork with no problems!"

Glass

Has anybody check out the Power Rangers comic? I heard mix things about and I read the free comic book day issue.

This video is a telling of the story collected in the first trade paper back, its got a great production and tells you the whole story, just not verbatim. It's like a motion comic, without the motion.

https://youtu.be/v1HFzcYgxWE

The art is great, and the writing pretty interesting. It's just nice to see more of the original PR team.

On the subject of Power Rangers, what's the general concensus on Dino Charge? I've just got done watching Linkara's History of and it ended on a sour note with Megaforce.

This video is a telling of the story collected in the first trade paper back, its got a great production and tells you the whole story, just not verbatim. It's like a motion comic, without the motion.

https://youtu.be/v1HFzcYgxWE

The art is great, and the writing pretty interesting. It's just nice to see more of the original PR team.

On the subject of Power Rangers, what's the general concensus on Dino Charge? I've just got done watching Linkara's History of and it ended on a sour note with Megaforce.
Dino Charge is really good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
First half of Dino Charge is good.
Second half (Super Charge) has issues with pacing and tone, but it's still solid. Certainly better than Megaforce.

WillyFive

Only seen the 1st half of Dino Charge so far; characters are great and out-of-Ranger segments are excellent, but as soon as they start morphing and fighting, it is really poor, with bad VO, horrible foley effects, bad music, terrible pacing and very anti-climactic. They put in a lot of effort to make Kyoryuger footage seem weak, which is outstanding.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Only seen the 1st half of Dino Charge so far; characters are great and out-of-Ranger segments are excellent, but as soon as they start morphing and fighting, it is really poor, with bad VO, horrible foley effects, bad music, terrible pacing and very anti-climactic. They put in a lot of effort to make Kyoryuger footage seem weak, which is outstanding.

The music stands out as really bad. They need to dump Noam Kaniel, but I know they won't because he's Haim Saban's protege.

The sound mixing hurts it too. Like Doctor Who, the music and sound is often louder than the dialogue.

These are issues that pervade the Neo-Saban era in general.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What the hell. From what I could gather, Fujioka kept being a badass and protected himself anyway. Is Kenzaki's actor okay?
Golfgom's revenge?

apparently he was in argument with someone and that someone's friend came up from behind and hit him with a club, currently in coma but that's old news so we don't know his current condition

I'd make a joke about Leangle being the real traitor but that'd be in bad taste

javadoze

A friend ask me today if there is any good tokusatsu podcast and I couldn't think of any. Does anybody here have any suggestions that I could give him?

I'd generally recommend Tokusatsu Network podcasts and Rider Club Radio (which pretty much covers the weekly Sentai/Rider episodes every week).

Tiu Neo

I like Gekiranger and never watched Blade, so I can only help with Geki. Any reason you stopped?

If you didn't like something, some things get better after a few episodes, but the series doesn't really change that much, in tone and theme. Still, 4th and 5th members are cool.

Tiu Neo

The only thing I didn't really like that much in Geki was Jan, sometimes. But even that wasn't that bad, and he had some great moments too.

Then, I watched the movie (that was only subbed by TV-N), and now I wonder how could anyone watch it like that.

Tiu Neo

Yeah, he was like the last few shows Red, but with an even more childish/innocent personality. This gave us some great moments (like him training with master Shark), but also got a bit irritating after some time.

I dunno if it was toned down or I got used to it, but at later episodes that didn't really bother me that much.

WarRock

start Blade so you can hop into cool memes and great show
hahahah
I watched the first episode some time ago actually, there was just something about Tachibana that kept making me laugh.

I like Gekiranger and never watched Blade, so I can only help with Geki. Any reason you stopped?

If you didn't like something, some things get better after a few episodes, but the series doesn't really change that much, in tone and theme. Still, 4th and 5th members are cool.
Nothing specific, I wasn't big into sentai back then + I went with big expectations after some hyperbolic recommendations. I actually liked the setup a lot (the fly narrator is great).

NeonZ

There's a pretty big change after the first 10 or so episodes in that the main villain basically becomes a parallel protagonist after a while, with a pretty big and active role even while opposing the heroes.

There's a pretty big change after the first 10 or so episodes in that the main villain basically becomes a parallel protagonist after a while, with a pretty big and active role even while opposing the heroes.

That is one of the cool things about Gekiranger that I tell people about the show.

Geki is within my top 3 Sentais aswell, along with Boukenger, and I want to say maybe Gokaiger.

it really did mix things up a bit in my view, and even with Jan's mannerisms, he was still a solid character and had a good story...plus there have been worse screaming/energetic Reds.

Top Bottom