• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

WarRock

Looks like someone called RTA subbed Ex-Aid 6 already.

Hi. I'm a translator. I find Ex-Aid surprisingly interesting, despite the ridiculous, and not in a good way, designs. And apparently there seem to be demands for quick Ex-Aid subs, and I'm pretty bored, so here's a quick one man job done under two hours.

What to expect:
- Accurate translations for the dialogue within the episode itself
- Reasonable timing, typesetting, etc
- Fast job for future episodes*

If you only care for the above, then this is the file for you
*Depends on personal mood, overall demand, and Excite's speed. If at any point I feel there's no longer any purpose of doing this, I'll just silently disappear.

What not to expect:
- OP/Movie promo/etc stuff that don't relate to the main story translated
- Fancy typesettings, super accurate timings, proper QC beyond a single pass, etc

If you want higher quality release, then I suggest wait for Excite-subs which has been doing fantastic job so far. I'm just doing this for my own...excitement.

Credits:
RAW by Gustavaum
Base timing from JP captions taken from Kitsunekko
Terms, basic styles are taken from Excite's Ex-aid release.

That's all I have to say. Cheers.

Ex-Aid 6

Brave's backstory was a little boring, but hey, we finally see the consequence of a bugster fully taking over. Obviously we're going to get more bugster generals down the line.

I really liked the explanation on how Brave was able to work with rhythm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like someone called RTA subbed Ex-Aid 6 already.

I think that's how people have been watching ex-aid here for a while now, since I've seen ep thoughts before excite's.

But for me I'm sticking with Excite since I want a bit more consistency.

shaowebb

Okay now that the shock of Polymar x Sakamoto is a little less I'll post my original question.

Is there anyplace online or otherwise where I can get translated SIC hero saga novels? Dying to read the OOOs one where Shocker makes a 6 medal Rider because the figures are dope as hell.

UARGK2g.jpg

And who the hell is "Cutes Magoo" on the bottom right? I saw her teased in blind boxes as the hidden figure before.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees videos showing off the new movie Megazord toy* I like it!
*sees comments getting angry over it* Meh...

vareon

WHAT!?!

I was coming in to ask if there was anywhere to read the SIC Hero Saga novels in english then BAM! Polymar!!!!!!
6miP6YK.jpg

ORE NO POLYMAR!
GOkvUIL.gif

GWgXy8N.gif

mQEU4Mr.gif

oH9DyhM.gif

4PIgFIh.gif

Tatsunoko's live action adaptations are...I don't know, unnecessarily dark and edgy? Hopefully this one is good.

Tatsunoko's modern anime adaptations fare better IMO.

As for SIC Hero Saga, I've been looking for years, too. Other than summaries that pop up now and then I couldn't find anything.

jwk94

Finally getting around to catching up on Ex-Aid. Finished ep 5. I was not expecting that reveal. I thought it was the gaming dude who's been around that Bugster this entire time. Damn. The more I watch this, the more I want a third-person action/adventure or something. Why can't someone do Kamen Rider justice?

EDIT:
Finished ep 6. So now that we know someone disappears when the virus completely takes over, does anyone else think that the grunts this season are the people that Bugster took over? It would explain why the grunts are just people with chicken bodies on them.

WarRock

Ex-Aid 6
Watched both subs. RTA's are impressive and really well done, but I'll keep waiting for Excite. Theirs are more polished and natural sounding. A couple of things though, I prefer RTA font choices and the Dragon Quest reference when Hiiro activates the ice sword.

Onto the episode itself:
WOWA Hiiro was always a shitty person, who could guess that. Asuna bullying continues, as does the awesome visual effects. The whole rhythm game UI is impressive and the ice sword finisher is too cool.

Shout outs for this mook that kept rapping without even having a voice during the first fight:

He replayed his role during the second fight, where other three or four mooks actually tried to play the game, each one with their own choreography!

Brave+DoReMiFa Beat suit kinda looks like a Megaman Battle Network custom Navi, so it's the first Ex-Aid design (well, besides Graphite) that I'm completely cool with.

Dude debuts trying to run over the Gekirangers multiple times with a huuuuge custom truck (that he may have stolen for all we know) and knocks Jan out with the truck's door over a piece of pork cutlet. Five minutes later he's trying to literally buy Jan's friendship with forced bonding over food like nothing happened. Who could be ready for that? And in the following episode he shamelessly admits to selling the most powerful artifact from the Wild Fist school. His aloofness brings the rest of team together more than any other threat so far haha.

Besides that, I was expecting a judo or sumo inspired character, so his fighting style being ki blades paired with a Rhino motif was a nice surprise. And I'm a fan of white/orange palettes, so that's nice too =)

Boss Doggie

the irony is that CPR is probably more about predictable, repetitive rhythm than a dynamic rhythm found in rhythm games lol

Tiu Neo

Oh, GekiChopper, I expected something completely different from him too. Great intro and only gets better.

Ex-Aid 6

Ok, it's things like that I wanted when I said more Gamer Emu. Him getting perfect at the dance attack (while Brave misses everything, lol)

Wait, what's that, it's not even episode 10 and one character already has a well developed backstory, even with the reasons of why he has his strange perks? What a change from Ghost, huh.

vareon

I like how they can take a bizarre combination of design (Fantasy RPG and Rhythm game) and personality (Hiiro is a no-nonsense dude who does not play games) and make it work.

BatDan

Ex-Aid 6

Brave's Level 3 combines RPGs with Rhythm Games? He's Kingdom Hearts!

Cool to get Hiiro's backstory. You can see why he's so dedicated, why he refuses to get involved with patients' stories, and why he loves sweets. Only on the sixth episode. The pacing is a much needed improvement over Ghost.

Boss Doggie

what I like about this is that usually after an episode like this, the rider gets to mellow out

nope, Hiiro is still a dick lol

WarRock

I hope the same happens to Lazer and Snipe. Keep everyone a jerk, with or without tragic pasts.

And you guys are hyping me to plow through the remaining ~20 episodes of Gekiranger lol

Tiu Neo

Hm, new in-suit photos of the Kyuryuger. New suits, too, with silver parts.

I hope it isn't just a rumor or another cosplay group this time.

KingDirk

My wife is still not feeling Ex-Aid and I fear it may cause marital strife. Really like this season so far after not being able to stick with Ghost.

Mr-Joker

Banned
My favorite part of Ex-aid 6 was Ex-aid dancing while Brave was just standing there and not giving a fuck.

Does anyone have a gif of that?

Anyway Brave is quickly becoming my favorite rider on the show and I really enjoyed his backstory.

The Dino Charge finale... WTF? I had to leave the room for a bit so I guess I missed A LOT of dialogue but that didn't go at all how I expected.

BatDan

Sooooo Dino Charge is going to be AU'd like RPM right?
Because that ending pretty much negates most seasons of PR. Especially Dino Thunder.
Also, shouldn't their memories all be erased since they went back in time and prevented the season from ever happening? Shouldn't Tyler's dad have aged 10 years?
Is Keeper just a title because Heckyl becomes a keeper at the end. Then what's Keeper's true name? What's his alien race?
Also, the Rangers destroyed the Earth. ... OUR HEROES! This was the exact same thing they did the 2012 TMNT cartoon, earth was destroyed by a black hole and the Turtles went back in time to save it. Did Nickelodeon mandate this finale? I sense they mandated some of the awkward humor that permeated the second half.

I guess crossovers are going to be impossible since Koda and Ivan won't be around. Unless they somehow do more time shenanigans and pull them from when they were Rangers.

I get it Judd, first time you actually ran the show. Not an easy task. Sometimes things are going to fumble. Hopefully now that you got a season under your belt, Ninja Steel will go smoother.

Despite this bizarre finale, Dino Charge was an overall improvement. The first half felt like they put all their good ideas there, and the second half suffered pacing issues. But it's certainly the best Neo-Saban has given us.

Hopefully Ninja Steel is good, maybe it will make up for Ninninger being so dull and lame.

Slayven

So glad X-aid isn't going to drag out that plot line.....oh wait never mind

So Genm is just there for all Level 3's to practice on?

Jeffrey

hmmm wonder when the rest of dino charge will end up on netflix. might just marathon the whole show.

So does it live up to some of the better 'recent' seasons like RPM?

jwk94

hmmm wonder when the rest of dino charge will end up on netflix. might just marathon the whole show.

So does it live up to some of the better 'recent' seasons like RPM?
Nah. Dino Charge was OK. Super Charge had lots of problems. Both are still better than MegaForce, but not as good as samurai imo.

jwk94

Sooooo Dino Charge is going to be AU'd like RPM right?
Because that ending pretty much negates most seasons of PR. Especially Dino Thunder.
Also, shouldn't their memories all be erased since they went back in time and prevented the season from ever happening? Shouldn't Tyler's dad have aged 10 years?
Is Keeper just a title because Heckyl becomes a keeper at the end. Then what's Keeper's true name? What's his alien race?
Also, the Rangers destroyed the Earth. ... OUR HEROES! This was the exact same thing they did the 2012 TMNT cartoon, earth was destroyed by a black hole and the Turtles went back in time to save it. Did Nickelodeon mandate this finale? I sense they mandated some of the awkward humor that permeated the second half.

I guess crossovers are going to be impossible since Koda and Ivan won't be around. Unless they somehow do more time shenanigans and pull them from when they were Rangers.

I get it Judd, first time you actually ran the show. Not an easy task. Sometimes things are going to fumble. Hopefully now that you got a season under your belt, Ninja Steel will go smoother.

Despite this bizarre finale, Dino Charge was an overall improvement. The first half felt like they put all their good ideas there, and the second half suffered pacing issues. But it's certainly the best Neo-Saban has given us.

Hopefully Ninja Steel is good, maybe it will make up for Ninninger being so dull and lame.
The Rangers weren't affected by the time travel. That's obvious by the fact that they had no clue about the changes that were made in the new timeline. Essentially, when they returned, the Dino Charge Rangers replaced that time line's versions of themselves.

WillyFive

I doubt Ninja Steel will take place in a world where dinosaurs are walking around everywhere.

But dumber things have happened in Power Rangers before.

The way the show ended seemed like a cliffhanger for a teamup episode (with various members of the team being separated without good goodbyes), but there hasn't been a Power Rangers 'teamup' since Samurai (or technically, since Operation Overdrive).

Slayven

I doubt Ninja Steel will take place in a world where dinosaurs are walking around everywhere.

But dumber things have happened in Power Rangers before.

The way the show ended seemed like a cliffhanger for a teamup episode (with various members of the team being separated without good goodbyes), but there hasn't been a Power Rangers 'teamup' since Samurai (or technically, since Operation Overdrive).

Zynx

RTA's Ex-aid 7 is out.

I wish the level 3 upgrades and subsequent fights weren't so predictable, but it's nice to see we're getting more backstory. I'm still liking the aesthetics a lot, if we're going to have inexpensive overlaid CG effects, these gamey ones fit in a lot better than the jarring fake explosions and such from other series.

Top Bottom