• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninja Steel is coming back August 12th.
I can tell it's a bad season since I wasn't thirsty for it like Dino Charge.
I could try re-watching the first 8, but that would mean re-subjecting myself to Victor & Monty.

I could try re-watching the first 8, but that would mean re-subjecting myself to Victor & Monty.

I can't get over that insane conclusion of Dino Charge. So, the Rangers exists in an alternate reality like the world of Power Rangers RPM?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't get over that insane conclusion of Dino Charge. So, the Rangers exists in an alternate reality like the world of Power Rangers RPM?

No clue.
I don't think Lynn or anyone else has answered this. Maybe at Power Morphicon we'll get answers?
Yeah, the finale feels like it was ghost-written by Studio Gainax.

No clue.
I don't think Lynn or anyone else has answered this. Maybe at Power Morphicon we'll get answers?
Yeah, the finale feels like it was ghost-written by Studio Gainax.

Well, there are no mentions or sightings of dinosaurs in Ninja Steel, so I guess they exist in a different form of reality.

jwk94

I've started reading spoilers. I never read PR spoilers. At this point, I don't really care anymore. Ninja Steel is just really bad.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why do Toku dudes seem to shave their whole body---but their armpits?

I'm talking about Tsurugi's debut, btw.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this is so hilarious I have to share it

G19VPH2.jpg

also next week ep spoilers

QbivoG4.jpg

Delio

I've started reading spoilers. I never read PR spoilers. At this point, I don't really care anymore. Ninja Steel is just really bad.

Shame cause the cast seems super fun ( Nico has been a gem on instagram) but yeah i havent just sat and watched PR in so long. Then again I havent been keeping up with Sentai in general other than knowing about powerups and such. Rider has been keeping me engaged tho.

Tiu Neo

Geed 04

I love how dated the aliens look on this and Orb. It's part of the charm. The solution for this week's MOTW was different, heh. I kinda forgot about that.

I like this support cast. Moa could get annoying in the future, but she was ok here.

So, will Zero be Geed's mentor? Or more like just keep tabs on him?

ash321

EX-AID 41

DAN IS THE BEST KAMEN RIDER EVER lol

I laugh so fucking hard this episode.

Especially the part where he fucking die because he burn out lol

Also, way to kill the serious moment with Poppi name and the "tou tou tou tou "

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 23

Those new villains look cool. The plot has taken an interesting turn too, both in the Red vs Red conflict, but also the whole past conflict. I wonder what's up with the villains being "reset" without their memories.

Anyway, it's refreshing, even the elements that are not new are being done in a different way. It's kinda cool that I don't know what to expect in the future from this.

I hope future series keep doing new things like that. Sentai needed a shakeup on the formula for quite some time.

Tsurugi is the best thing to happen to Lucky as a character.

I already have some wild theories about what happened in Tsurugi's past and his fight with Don Armage but all I can say is that it involves that sleep chamber.

Also, I'm sorta glad Eris is not a one-shot character?

delSai

Dan was even more amazing then usual this episode. He completely stole the show. Dude's a treasure.
Not having him around in Build is gonna suck, but hopefully they'll have another good comedy character again. Onari was great in Ghost, perhaps even the best part about it.

jwk94

Ex Aid 41
This episode was fantastic. Was that a new location for the final fight? And it dawned on me that the fight went on for a few hours. These dudes have a crap ton of stamina!

EX-AID 41

DAN IS THE BEST KAMEN RIDER EVER lol

I laugh so fucking hard this episode.

Especially the part where he fucking die because he burn out lol

Also, way to kill the serious moment with Poppi name and the "tou tou tou tou "

Dan was even more amazing then usual this episode. He completely stole the show. Dude's a treasure.
Not having him around in Build is gonna suck, but hopefully they'll have another good comedy character again. Onari was great in Ghost, perhaps even the best part about it.
Dan's the best joke character since Tsurugi in Kabuto. I don't see this dude being topped for a while. What makes him work is that his antics are plot-relevant and he's not just the funny dude. He's the comedic relief dude because he's pretty much power crazy. I love him so much lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, if I got it right, it's August 2 at 13:30 Japan Time.

Damn, I'll be asleep...though IIRC it'll be a bit later in Japan that night before the conference is revealed outside of the event via TV and then the website.

jwk94

Need your help Tokugaf. Trying to get my roommate to watch a season of power rangers with me. He's giving me one episode. He likes hi shows to have plot and character development. He also likes Arrow. I'm thinking first episode of RPM or Time Force. What do y'all think?

WillyFive

Need your help Tokugaf. Trying to get my roommate to watch a season of power rangers with me. He's giving me one episode. He likes hi shows to have plot and character development. He also likes Arrow. I'm thinking first episode of RPM or Time Force. What do y'all think?

Time Force and RPM are definitely the ones to use, but which one of those depends on your friend's tastes. Time Force's premiere was meant for Fox prime time, so it has a huge amount of budget and quality compared to pretty much anything else in the entire series, but RPM has the shock value and comedy angle that makes it more enjoyable and surprising. Read your friend.

jwk94

Very cool.

Time Force

Time Force and RPM are definitely the ones to use, but which one of those depends on your friend's tastes. Time Force's premiere was meant for Fox prime time, so it has a huge amount of budget and quality compared to pretty much anything else in the entire series, but RPM has the shock value and comedy angle that makes it more enjoyable and surprising. Read your friend.

Thanks, guys! I think I'll go with RPM. I strongly believe Time Force is the overall better season, but RPM has both a strong premiere and follow-up episodes. Time Force kinda stumbles after that premiere.

Jeffrey

I needa catch up on the current season lol. Took a break after final form.

Like the new rider suit though it looks a bit bulkier in motion than I expected.

That is one fabulous pose though.

Tiu Neo

That trailer had, imo, less of a Neo-Heisei and more of a early Heisei vibe. Even a bit of Showa, at that surgery/dark place scene. The setting is kinda different too, with Japan divided in three. Kinda like an AU, I like it.

Of course, can't really know a lot just by the trailer, but it's promising, imo.

And while Build's main suit is great, and the enemy Riders look good, I'm not really feeling the visor for some of the alternate forms.

Top Bottom