• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

javadoze

Ex-Aid 41

-Though "Reset" seemed like a cool idea, the show largely treated it as a minor slap-on-the-wrist, which sucks. I wish they'd at least do something cool with a power like that (maybe not as crazy as rewinding to the start of the show, but something more meaningful).

-Actually, Reset gives Dan more lives. I change my mind; it's the best thing ever.

-I have the feeling this episode would've been way more effective had Graphite been better-developed as a character. Even more baffling is how he suddenly grows a personality in his last scenes: calling Pallad and Poppy his best friends, hungering for a good battle, and looking for purpose as a videogame villain. Why couldn't he have been like that the entire show?

-Wait. Didn't they want to wipe out the Kamen Rider Chronicle gashat? Why did they summon Gemdeus when they also had the new save function on Muteki?

Kyuranger 23

Yosha Lucky count this episode: 1
Yosha Lucky count overall: 231

-I knew it. Tsurugi sapped the catchphrase power away from Lucky.

-That said, I appreciate how Tsurugi advances the plot and characters. He lends more focus to Spada and Raptor while giving Lucky someone to clash with. The addition of the Vice Shoguns is also a good way to step things up.

-Tsurugi's gonna end up dying, isn't he?

Tiu Neo

-Wait. Didn't they want to wipe out the Kamen Rider Chronicle gashat? Why did they summon Gemdeus when they also had the new save function on Muteki?

They started summoning Gemdeus before Emu showed up with Muteki. They just couldn't stop it, I guess.

-Tsurugi's gonna end up dying, isn't he?

That would make him a full early 2000s style sixth/extra member.

I dunno why, I got the impression that somehow, he has something to do with Armage being alive.

WarRock

Ex-Aid 41

-I have the feeling this episode would've been way more effective had Graphite been better-developed as a character. Even more baffling is how he suddenly grows a personality in his last scenes: calling Pallad and Poppy his best friends, hungering for a good battle, and looking for purpose as a videogame villain. Why couldn't he have been like that the entire show?
To be fair, he always treated Pallad as a great friend and had a lot of respect for him, and like Pallad he always supported fellow Bugsters and wanted them to be successful though he preferred combat based approaches. He just spent a good amount of time (not) dead and we only saw Pallad.

NeonZ

It would be hilarious if the original Amazon was the actual origin of the Amazon cells.

That was my first thought.

Only if they change the writer. If Kobayashi remains the writer don't expect any ties to the original Amazon. When she started writing Rider with Ryuki, she was known for never having watched the older series. I don't know if that's still true nowadays, but she always avoided writing any crossover of her series with older shows, so I don't think that changed.

Tiu Neo

Only if they change the writer. If Kobayashi remains the writer don't expect any ties to the original Amazon. When she started writing Rider with Ryuki, she was known for never having watched the older series. I don't know if that's still true nowadays, but she always avoided writing any crossover of her series with older shows, so I don't think that changed.

I think even if a person watched the original, trying to merge the two universes would be incredibly silly. The tones are completely different. The original Amazon has gone to Japan by swimming from the Amazon River up to Japan!

Beardy

True Ending is confirmed to be set after Ex-Aid's ending. So don't watch it just yet if you don't want to be spoiled on the Ex-Aid ending.

NeonZ

Winter movie confirmed to be Heisei Generations Final.

T779pqQ.jpg

I guess W might be really coming back - It's getting a DX bottle release in the 1st quarter alongside Ex-Aid's, and keeping the title Heisei Generations suggests we aren't getting just the two current Riders.

I think even if a person watched the original, trying to merge the two universes would be incredibly silly. The tones are completely different. The original Amazon has gone to Japan by swimming from the Amazon River up to Japan!

I mean, it's not like they'd need to bring up the time Daisuke went swimming to Japan. And he isn't a normal human anyway. We've gotten a Faiz epilogue that featured Den-O characters too.

WarRock

Oh, I know. It just sounds very strong (also easy to remember, clear and to distinguish from the others, Summer Wars Megamax Rider Taisen Heroes GP be damned), I like it.

Also makes me wonder if the era transition is part of the reason Build (seemingly) looks like early Heisei shows and if the next Rider will present a new direction to the shows somehow.

Tiu Neo

You guys are not seeing the bigger picture

it's AU Amazon

No, NO.

Luckly, Enrique Sakamoto is somehow too big for Kamen Rider now.

I mean, it's not like they'd need to bring up the time Daisuke went swimming to Japan. And he isn't a normal human anyway. We've gotten a Faiz epilogue that featured Den-O characters too.

Yeah, they would probably downplay the sillyness of the original series, if they ever did something like that (which I doubt they will).

But it WOULD be hillarious anyway, because we know.

I think that, if they even bring the actor to the series, it'll be either a cameo or as an totally unrelated character.

javadoze

One of the interesting/amusing parts of the endgame in Rider shows these days is to see how they'll repurpose suits to squeeze out one last powerup, rider, or villain.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One of the interesting/amusing parts of the endgame in Rider shows these days is to see how they'll repurpose suits to squeeze out one last powerup, rider, or villain.

from what I gathered that's mainly depending on the show's (toy) success towards its end

it's why Mach had that kitbash form

Been binge-watching Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and here's a breakdown. This is my first Toku show, by the way.

Episodes 1-5:
Huh. Reminds me of Power Rangers with the silly jokes and what not. It's kinda whatever. Don't really see what people are raving about. Kinda childish.
Episodes 6-15:
Yo this is pretty damn interesting. Some cool plot, decent suits, and it's definitely picking up.
Episodes 16-22:
I'M A KAMEN RIDER. This is rad and awesome and I can't believe it's ending soon! Really neat. I'm so game.
Episodes 23:
What. There's MORE? Where can they go from there?
Episode 25:
Oh. They go there, apparently.

I recommend this show to everyone ever.
Also, trying to find a LVUR figure for Ex-Aid is going to cost so much.

Tiu Neo

Geed 05

So, we got all the initial forms, and all the main cast was presented. New form looks cool.

That end was pretty cool too, and by the preview, it probably means he'll mess up. Well, let's see.

Damn.
Been binge-watching Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and here's a breakdown. This is my first Toku show, by the way.

Episodes 1-5:
Huh. Reminds me of Power Rangers with the silly jokes and what not. It's kinda whatever. Don't really see what people are raving about. Kinda childish.
Episodes 6-15:
Yo this is pretty damn interesting. Some cool plot, decent suits, and it's definitely picking up.
Episodes 16-22:
I'M A KAMEN RIDER. This is rad and awesome and I can't believe it's ending soon! Really neat. I'm so game.
Episodes 23:
What. There's MORE? Where can they go from there?
Episode 25:
Oh. They go there, apparently.

I recommend this show to everyone ever.
Also, trying to find a LVUR figure for Ex-Aid is going to cost so much.

Welcome, and who is your favorite character in the show?

NeonZ

Does Gamedeus hold the record for the shortest appearance?

Great Eyezer from Ghost was the actual final boss and it only was around for a cliff hanger and then one episode. Also, (Ex-Aid spoilers)
GameDeus should still appear once more, since his Super GameDeus form (the CG one) hasn't been seen yet, but it was in a magazine spoiler for the tv show mentioning that it appeared after GameDeus was defeated).

I don't even remember who Ghost's final villain even is. Out of boredom I decided to boot up the episode to check, skipped to a random point and was waylaid yet again by all this spiel about Takeru being Jesus or something. Yup, that's the show in a nutshell.

EDIT: Regarding next week's Ex-Aid

It looks like it's Taiga who is going to be Cronus #2. I'd like to say I'm disappointed as hell that it's not Nico, but Rider has a terrible record when it comes to female characters and Ex-Aid hasn't bucked that trend. So realistically I wasn't expecting the showrunners to have it in them to give Nico anything interesting to do.

WillyFive

Fourze still has my favorite Rider finale; it would have been Gaim if it had ended at the actual finale and not the one or two pointless episodes that came after it, which weren't even by the same writer.

NeonZ

How many major villains are Kamen Riders in the Heisei era? I feel like we are getting a lot more as time goes on.

Up to Fourze, there was only various Ryuki Riders, especially Ouja and Odin, Dragon Orphenoch/Delta and Dark Kiva. The movies generally all had one evil Rider though and often that was the main villain. As far as tv shows go, it really started from Wizard - Wiseman, various Gaim Riders, Gold Drive, Great Eyezer was a recycled Rider suit too, and now various Rider villains again in Ex-Aid.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 42

All that hype for Gamedeus, and he gets overshadowed by Masamune literally absorbing him. Considering he still has time-stopping powers... fuck that's OP
At least my "everyone is fucked" prediction came true.

Kuroto continues to be the best.

Only four episodes left? Wow.
Can't wait for W 2.0, I mean Build.

ash321

Ex-Aid 42

All that hype for Gamedeus, and he gets overshadowed by Masamune literally absorbing him. Considering he still has time-stopping powers... fuck that's OP
At least my "everyone is fucked" prediction came true.

Kuroto continues to be the best.

Only four episodes left? Wow.
Can't wait for W 2.0, I mean Build.
I mean all credit to
KAMI DAN KUROTO
(don't click if you haven't catch up yet). He design it so Chronus will always win again Gamedeus. So it kinda make sense in that way.
Check this out lol
https://www.facebook.com/Tokullectibles/videos/2326352930923679/

10/10 will buy again.

Ultraman Geed:
This fucking show introduce a bad ass female sword fighting character, in a series about GIANT KAIJU. And when she have a chance to shine, the monster run away. Jesus this is dumb.

Also, Riku's "GEEEEEEDDDD" is as annoying as Lucky's "yosha lucky". Why can't we have a normal main character ??? WHY ? Give me someone like Gai damn it, or better yet make Zero main character.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Blast through Ex-Aid over the weekend and what a show guys, I haven't been this invested since Gaim. I'm glad I got the belt before it was hard to get but I am noticing dual gashat of Para-DX is expensive to get.

Also regarding RESET:

Occurred to me if Cronus used RESET back in episode 40 I'm betting on Saki coming back as a result.

Up to Fourze, there was only various Ryuki Riders, especially Ouja and Odin, Dragon Orphenoch/Delta and Dark Kiva. The movies generally all had one evil Rider though and often that was the main villain. As far as tv shows go, it really started from Wizard - Wiseman, various Gaim Riders, Gold Drive, Great Eyezer was a recycled Rider suit too, and now various Rider villains again in Ex-Aid.
I thought Ghost had some?
It does NOT get better, does it?
Also...

Kamen Rider EX-AID 31:
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN.
10/10 WOULD BE A GOD AGAIN

Dan Kuroto is the best.

NeonZ

I thought Ghost had some?

Dan Kuroto is the best.

Necrom was a villain for a while. Although he really didn't last that long as a villain once he actually became Necrom, and most of his time in the show was as an ally. And like I said, Great Eyezer the final boss was a recycled suit from Kamen Rider Extremer, Dark Ghost's final form from the movie.

Necrom was a villain for a while. Although he really didn't last that long as a villain once he actually became Necrom, and most of his time in the show was as an ally. And like I said, Great Eyezer the final boss was a recycled suit from Kamen Rider Extremer, Dark Ghost's final form from the movie.

Thanks for the reminder.

Top Bottom