• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

I have no idea if they planned this out ahead of time, but let me just say I love that Ex-Aid's post-Henshin post was always waiting for Parad's high five.

tumblr_otk2obcsVk1rnuwldo2_540.gif

It's just one of those nods that I really like in my fiction.

Slayven

Is Geed the first Ultraman where they dumped the pseudo military support team? I know Orb they kinda was getting away from taht

vareon

For some reason I thought today was Ex-aid's finale and next ep was a team up special leading to Build.

Is Geed the first Ultraman where they dumped the pseudo military support team? I know Orb they kinda was getting away from taht

Ginga doesn't have a military support team, IIRC, at least not until Ginga S.

Slayven

For some reason I thought today was Ex-aid's finale and next ep was a team up special leading to Build.

I think everyone was thinking that, but who knew Cronus was so cheap?

Ginga was a bunch of people in a small town that deal with monsters. I honestly forgot about Ginga and only thought of Ginga S.

Honestly, I'm enjoying Ultraman now thanks to Crunchyroll.

I still mentally tune out some of the fights, but Tsuburaya is very good at giving the fights a sense of weight. Even in the human-sized combat. There are some parts of the general conceit that I'm still not completely onboard with (the timer, the Ultra Beam always coming at the end of the timer), but overall I'm feeling it.

Liking Orb more than I'm liking Geed so far.

NeonZ

No, I just thought I read it somewhere.

Build's cameo for this episode was confirmed by the toyguide, so most people just assumed it'd be like in the last two years, and after an episode with a cameo we'd get an episode entirely focused on the crossover.

Tiu Neo

Those "new" build screens give me even more of a early Heisei feeling.

Geed 07

I love those episodes where the hero and the villain meet on a civilian setting. Orb's was better, and it was one of the best episodes, but this was very good too. Him summoning the monster in front of everyone was kinda... eh. But good episode overral.

And then, that ending cliffhanger, damn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ex-Aid

Level 1 forms are pointless, they said. The show would be better without them, they said.

That was an awesome fight.

ahdurian

I've never actually watched any episodes of Ultraman...I think other than the original
was just looking at the henshin of Geed / Orb...are all of the recent series fusion based on previous Ultramans?

You can tell that Ultraman franchise change with the introduction of Zero in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy The Movie. After that, there was a lot of things that change franchise later on.

ash321

Ultraman Universe work like Comic universe. All of them know each other, despite different continuity. Mostly because they can travel between Universe.

Also I love how in Ultraman, to bigger the beard, the stronger you are.

Stuart444

Kyuranger 26:

Really enjoyed the episode. Always love Naga episodes.

This really made me think of Dark Mercury from PGSM though, right down to the Dark Kyutama stuff.

Enjoyed it though :D

Tiu Neo

Kyurangers 26

C'mon, Naga, that's the oldest trick ever. I kinda forgot Naga had those powers, heh. Lots of new useless Kyuglobes this episode, too. Gotta show all the 88 before the series end.

While I didn't really like how they did the whole villaness plot and how Naga is acting, the idea is good, and with some good parts and worth watching for Naga, even if the actor felt a bit forced at some scenes. Evil Naga is fun to watch.

I didn't expect this to be a arc/multi-parter. Dividing the team is a great way to give different characters some time to shine.

jwk94

Just watched Ex-Aid 43 and 44. My god they need to kill Cronus already! Dude has waaayyy overstayed his welcome. His death in that canyon scene was perfect, but nah just gotta keep bringing him back. It totally fits with the game theme of bosses having multiple lives/health bars, but jesus is it annoying.

I'm mad that Poppy didn't transform again, though. She was one of my favorite riders this season. Hopefully Nico transforms one last time.

Ex-Aid

Level 1 forms are pointless, they said. The show would be better without them, they said.

That was an awesome fight.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So from Build's appearance in Ex-Aid this week (really enjoyed what we saw of his personality), I guess he'll obtain new Mix Bottles by defeating foes and absorbing their essence?

CfNGxqL.jpg

This is probably the Diamond Smash.

TJ80zct.jpg

And maybe Gorilla Smash?

jwk94

Why is it so hard to watch Power Rangers without cable? You can't buy it anywhere so you have to rely on nick's website, unless they're cable locked. This doesn't make any sense

Top Bottom