• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Ex-Aid is a good Kamen RIder series. I think it's one of the best they made in the last couple of years, to be honest. There was a lot of cool characters in it and had moments that they stand out sometimes. I would recommend first timers to watch this series.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid is a good Kamen RIder series. I think it's one of the best they made in the last couple of years, to be honest. There was a lot of cool characters in it and had moments that they stand out sometimes. I would recommend first timers to watch this series.

We had some great series last couple years, but yeah, Ex-Aid is one of the best.

Even at the end, when the plot was kinda meh, the characters carried the series easily. It'll be hard to top Dan Kuroto so soon.

We had some great series last couple years, but yeah, Ex-Aid is one of the best.

Even at the end, when the plot was kinda meh, the characters carried the series easily. It'll be hard to top Dan Kuroto so soon.

The characters are one of the best things in that series. Each one of them brought something to the table. Dan Kuroto is definitely a character is going to show up in future Kamen Rider stuff. He is so much fun to watch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mighty + Burgers: Kitchen Battle

DIS2sBsV4AArBY-.jpg

delSai

I never would've guessed that Ex-Aid would turn out to be this amazing when the first images showed up.

Been a great season, hopefully Build doesn't disappoint.

Boss Doggie

Also, Ex-Aid is getting a second Hyper Battle Video, this time featuring Ex-Aid and Para-DX with a "combination" form, looks like a kitbash of Knock Out Gamer and Robots Gamer though.

WarRock

Ex-Aid didn't have the strongest final arc (that prize still goes for Drive), but one can easily make an argument for it having the best season finale of Heisei.

Emu actually became a mature, reliable person whom you can believe will keep his promise of shouldering all the lives lost to Chronicle. Hiiro finally learned the lessons Saki wanted him to learn. Taiga made amends with his past and can look forward to having a future. Nico had an awesome conclusion. There were no asspulls for the villain of the heroes, last battle was cool looking (that delayed continue!).

Top 5 season without doubt.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid:
I mean, it got me to give a damn about Kamen Rider to the point where I'm watching other shows and have replaced my other desk figures with Dan, so I think it's an easy 10/10 for me.
The ending was cute and the battle was neat. I'm glad that there's still space for future adventures and what not with the rest of the "dead" people affected because of Chronicle.
(Dunno if Kamen Rider does that type of thing.)

It was really great and I hope that Build will have the same quality content.
Aaaaand that the gimmick gets some decent use cause the main figure is like, $35.

javadoze

Ex-Aid Finale

...What was Masamune's deal anyways? Oh well, I guess that's something for the V-Cinemas.

The show as a whole was alright, I guess. Similar to my opinion of Drive, it's like a middle-tier Rider show to me (good, but not amazing)

Kyuranger 27

"Holy Moly" count this episode: 7
"Densetsu" count this episode: 14!?!

...Clearly, I've been betting on the wrong horse this whole time.

I do love how both this and Ex-Aid this week have fighting scenes that are essentially "we don't even need to be at our strongest to beat you up!".

Stuart444

Kyuranger 27

Eh, so they're continuing with the two clip shows per season thing.

At least it was funny.

Two? o_O Did that happen last sentai as well? (Kyu is first sentai I'm watching from the start to finish)

Either way, it was funny which is why I didn't mind it.

Tiu Neo

Two? o_O Did that happen last sentai as well? (Kyu is first sentai I'm watching from the start to finish)

Either way, it was funny which is why I didn't mind it.

Yeah, both Ninninger and Zyuohger had a mid-season clip show, in addition of the one near the end.

Probably cost-cutting measures. Eh, as long as the episode is funny, I'm fine with it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Build's Trial Forms look neat---also HawkGattling looks rad in action.

I used to be pretty dumb when I first got into Toku and thought the suits worked just like the toys and were simply interchangeable, like with W I thought they had two half-suits they just connected together. Then I realized they actually had to make a suit for every combination. Same with OOOs.

vareon

Ex-Aid didn't have the strongest final arc (that prize still goes for Drive), but one can easily make an argument for it having the best season finale of Heisei.

Emu actually became a mature, reliable person whom you can believe will keep his promise of shouldering all the lives lost to Chronicle. Hiiro finally learned the lessons Saki wanted him to learn. Taiga made amends with his past and can look forward to having a future. Nico had an awesome conclusion. There were no asspulls for the villain of the heroes, last battle was cool looking (that delayed continue!).

Top 5 season without doubt.

Yeah, Masamune drags and as far as crazy villains go Banno still reigns. But each characters having a resolution felt really great.

WarRock

Build's Trial Forms look neat---also HawkGattling looks rad in action.

I used to be pretty dumb when I first got into Toku and thought the suits worked just like the toys and were simply interchangeable, like with W I thought they had two half-suits they just connected together. Then I realized they actually had to make a suit for every combination. Same with OOOs.
Aren't the W suits are like that? Using zippers?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Aren't the W suits are like that? Using zippers?

Nah, I think that's just how the suit looks but doesn't actually work---

I remember seeing some behind the scene pics and I'm pretty sure each "combination" is a unique suit. A unique mask, a unique "chestplate", and a unique undersuit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 27

Didn't expect a clip show. Pretty funny one though. But man this felt low budget even by clip show standards. Only Tsurugi transformed, and the home team just walked around doing nothing.

Ex-Aid FINALE

I loved that the final battle was with their standards forms. A nice touch there.
So nice how everything wrapped up. Emu really matured here.

Ex-Aid overall was a pretty good series. Plenty of great action, character moments, comedy and suspense, it was a very enjoyable watch. Can't wait for True Ending to come out Blu-Ray and get subbed.

For now though, bring on Build!

That moment when you watch three episodes of Ex-Aid with a friend and by the third one he's already got the "I'M A KAMEN RIDER" timing down.

Feels good, man.

Boss Doggie

Nah, I think that's just how the suit looks but doesn't actually work---

I remember seeing some behind the scene pics and I'm pretty sure each "combination" is a unique suit. A unique mask, a unique "chestplate", and a unique undersuit.
nah they confirmed it's a "component piece" suit, OOO is also that

Tiu Neo

Other option is to do the weird thing and crossover PR with it's base sentai.

Kinda like Kyuranger x In Space 2.

...it actually would make some sense, but the in-suit fights it would be weird as hell.

WillyFive

Other option is to do the weird thing and crossover PR with it's base sentai.

Kinda like Kyuranger x In Space 2.

...it actually would make some sense, but the in-suit fights it would be weird as hell.

They'd have to do the Dekaranger 10 Years After thing of putting up normal mode vs super mode Rangers.

Tiu Neo

Maybe they could develop a contained continuity where there's a Sentai/PR team with multiple factions around the globe.

It would be pretty cool if they did something like that, like the Power Rangers In Space 2 simply being other people chosen by the same Kyutama, after Kyuranger. Or the Power Rangers being the international version of the sentai group - Kinda like if SPD was the US version of Dekarangers.

Will never happen, but eh.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So Ex-aid had ended, that was a fun ride despite the fact that I wasn't too hot on it at the start.

I still maintain that Brave was the best rider on the show as I felt that he developed the most from going to a high and mighty doctor to a soft hearted doctor.

Now onwards to Kamen Rider Build, our last Heisei Rider.

Also do we know who will be subbing Build?

BatDan

I feel if a crossover were to happen, the show would need to move off Nickelodeon. They don't seem to want anything risky.

So Ex-aid had ended, that was a fun ride despite the fact that I wasn't too hot on it at the start.

I still maintain that Brave was the best rider on the show as I felt that he developed the most from going to a high and mighty doctor to a soft hearted doctor.

Now onwards to Kamen Rider Build, our last Heisei Rider.

Also do we know who will be subbing Build?

Nope. O-T usually waits until after seeing the first episode to decide so we'll know Sunday.

So I'm watching all the subbed extra Ex-Aid supplementary videos and holy shit why are they all bloody and violent? The Snipe episodes have some stuff thing but that one Kamen Rider Brave video is fucked up.

BatDan

So I'm watching all the subbed extra Ex-Aid supplementary videos and holy shit why are they all bloody and violent? The Snipe episodes have some stuff thing but that one Kamen Rider Brave video is fucked up.

Not on TV so they don't have to adhere to TV standards.

The V-Cinema stuff tends to be more violent and sexual (Baron movie showed Kaito's dad hanging himself, and Chaser movie had that naked Roidmude)

jwk94

Couldn't a hypothetical crossover just be dubbed in Japanese/English? Get JYB and Yuri Lowenthal to do all the male voices lol.

Top Bottom