• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

delSai

New Kamen Rider game announced? Welp theres the one thing i wanted from TGS.

I like the arena brawler stuff, so thats pretty cool. Hopefully characters like Gills will be in this time

Tiu Neo

I missed Build last night, but apparently O-T worked overnight to sub it, so...

Build 01

Oh, so this is more Showa than I expected. At least the origin story. The tone is a mix between Showa, Heisei, Neo-Heisei (with some strong W vibes) and something new. I like the main characters, and the support team is useful for a change, which is pretty cool. I also like how the bike not only was used a lot, but also it'll apparently continue to be used a at least on the next episode.

So, is the hero working for the villains now? This... should be interesting.

Nothing I really disliked this episode. It's a very strong start, but it's still early to say anything, I guess. The world shown and built on the first episode is promissing.

Oh yeah, they tried a few different things with editing. I kinda like it, but dunno if they'll keep it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
aVODvD5.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kamen Rider Build

Definitely a different series. The whole experimentation aspect really feels like the Showa era. Fitting how Heisei ends with a callback.

Time to work towards tearing down the wall.

Tiu Neo

I hope Build continues like that, and is popular enough to influence future Riders. I really like the way they're going with it.

Actually, since I'm also currently watching Kuuga, I'd say the tone shift in Build reminds me a lot of it.

WarRock

Very strong debut for Build. Brief world building, a quick night fight, climax with a bike chase and villain tease.

I REALLY like the overall vibes and Build's HQ. Your fly is open, YAY!

Here is a question that some may have already wondered...

If Build gets his bottles from defeating a Smash monster, taking their essence and developing it into a bottle, how did he get Rabbit Tank? Did that lassie give them to him, does he perhaps have an unseen blank form, or did the anatagonists invent Build to be some form of soldier, equipping him with Rabbit Tank as a base form?

vareon

Despite liking the debut episode, I feel like there's something...off...in the fight department? Like the hits lack impact and, the shots were focusing on the wrong character, and the cuts were too quick that it doesn't show impact. I'm comparing this to Ex-aid's first episode though, which was balls. Also the bigger fight is usually in Episode 2.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too negative because I like Sento a lot. The last time we got a Rider that was already a Rider before episode 1... was Wizard!

Jeffrey

Finished up ex aid the other day. Final boss was around way too long. But besides that I enjoyed it. Solid cast. Fun fights. Probably the most yaoi vibes in a toku of recent memory lol. A lot of energy in the air ;)

Neat to see o-t back. Will give build a watch.

WarRock

Here is a question that some may have already wondered...

If Build gets his bottles from defeating a Smash monster, taking their essence and developing it into a bottle, how did he get Rabbit Tank? Did that lassie give them to him, does he perhaps have an unseen blank form, or did the anatagonists invent Build to be some form of soldier, equipping him with Rabbit Tank as a base form?
He never said that is the only way to develop bottles/power ups for Build.

Tiu Neo

One of Rabbit/Tank was probably his monster form or something like that.

Or it'll just go unexplained on the main series, kinda like Cyclone/Joker.

Anyway...

Geed 09

Oh, good to know that somebody else is suspecting Fukuide Kei. And apparently they at least know the team is involved in this somehow.

And good to get some Laiha focus, too. I wonder if her Little Star will return somehow to combo with the Zero Capsule.

Bandai has gone too far with their Rider clothing line this year: http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000117697

I've made the joke that that's why he's gonna be Kamen Rider Clothes, or so i'd think. Also, he seems like a secondary rider-type, and his name is RYUga, and Clothes' motif is a dragon.

Build 01
I loved it. It...sold me on the concept of it as well as the setting and the main characters are both really interesting.

Jeffrey

I do love how they split up Japan literally by partisan lines.

I'm curious how political they will dive into this season? With the setup you'd hope they at least attempt some kind of insightful something.

Ex-Aid 34-45

While the end wasn't as strong as the rest of the series, I think Ex-Aid is my favorite Kamen Rider series, story wise. Everything was nicely paced and well told. The final episode's fight was hype and it ended on a good note. The only flaw was, as others have said, Chronos took up way to much screen time and defeating him took longer than it should have. The elements were there for a great finish, but it didn't pan out as well as it could have. Still, it's overtaken Gaim for me.

Build 1

I'm not totally sold on this just yet. The fights weren't too hot and the story isn't grabbing me just yet. The characters have potential, but it's still up in the air for me.

NeonZ

I think what Masamune/Ex-Aid's final arc really needed would be some high ranking Rideplayers to take some of his early losses. It's kind of odd that we went through almost 20 episodes there with only a single new "monster" suit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Like I said in my thread, the best thing about re-used assets in Climax Fighters is hopefully a lot of characters---

I'm think everyone playable from Genesis will hopefully return, + Ghost and Chase now initial instead of DLC.

From Ex-Aid I think we'll see Ex-Aid, Brave, and Snipe as playable---the first two for sure, I think Snipe could go either way. I don't think Lazer will be playable but his bike form will appear. Dan seems like a good DLC character.

Probably the two initial Amazons will be playable...um, Alpha and Omega? I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Build will be in we know, but I bet RabbitTank Sparking will be a separate DLC like Toukon Boost was for Genesis. And I see Claws as DLC like Spectre was.

Finally watched Build and I think this show could be another good rider or a bad rider show. There is the potential of it going either way for me. I will continue to watch this series.

Jeffrey

build's pose is a bit too flamboyant for the character, so far. he seems to be having way too much fun as a rider vs his normal personality. Wonder if this explained later.

yeah the fight choreography isn't great... come back to kr sakamoto :<

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 28

This was a nice episode. I kinda wish they changed Naga's evil suit a bit more, since this looks more like he's just using some clothes above his suit, like BoukenRed's lucky costume, than a different form, but oh well.

Naga's planet with everyone looking like him was funny. And it was nice to have an episode focusing on two of my favorites, and even expanded their origin story. I just hope they don't drag this evil Naga too much, it could get boring.

The robot fight was a very creative way of using the Kyuglobes powers.

And that ending. You know, this change we had for both Ex-Aid and Kyurangers, and now Build, it's really paying off.

Slayven

Calling my shot, the Pandora box is full of the minds of aliens and the flash over wrote minds of everyone there. Smash are their attempts to build better bodies for the take over

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Calling my shot, the Pandora box is full of the minds of aliens and the flash over wrote minds of everyone there. Smash are their attempts to build better bodies for the take over
the close up shots of the people are gonna be the boss enemies

WarRock

Bingo

and Build will be a renegade alien that took over the body of the MC, but either sacrifice himself or something went wrong.
What about the cafe owner's daughter then? She wasn't a politician or reporter to be on the site of the pandora's box event yet has a power that apparently not even the MC fully understands.

I really think that the MC/Build = alien is improbable.

Slayven

What about the cafe owner's daughter then? She wasn't a politician or reporter to be on the site of the pandora's box event yet has a power that apparently not even the MC fully understands.

I really think that the MC/Build = alien is improbable.

She can refine the bottles, so she is the literal Pandora

Am I craze or does that Cafe look like the one in Den-O?

Stuart444

Kyuranger 28

Good episode, poor Balance though :(. He went through all that, even using his Galaxy move to hurt both of them so Naga didn't need to suffer from the attack alone.

The preview for the next ep looks interesting, also quite a cliffhanger for the next ep.

The clone mecha fight but funny. Some nice humour after the seriousness of the Naga/Balance stuff :(.

I just hope they don't drag this evil Naga too much, it could get boring.

Doubt it will last that long but it's better than ending it after an episode. Before seeing the episode, I thought they would have fixed it this ep but I'm glad they didn't. They will probably save Naga and end Evil-Naga during the next Naga focused ep (aka after the past stuff is sorted)

Tiu Neo

Doubt it will last that long but it's better than ending it after an episode. Before seeing the episode, I thought they would have fixed it this ep but I'm glad they didn't. They will probably save Naga and end Evil-Naga during the next Naga focused ep (aka after the past stuff is sorted)

Oh, yeah, that would be fine. They can even drag this a few more episodes, if done right. My problem would be with Naga showing up every episode to kick the team's ass or something like that, it would get boring fast.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kyuranger 28,

Man that was a good episode and you really feel for Balance and Naga.

Build 1,

It took Drive 10 episodes for me to get sold on it, Ex-Aid 13 but Build has me hooked day one and it was really refreshing to see the Rider already established but still starting from scratch.

Also in 1 episode alone the bike got more action than Ex-Aid and Ghost bike ever did.

But yeah Build is giving off strong W vibes, which is good as I loved W and it was the show that got me hooked on Kamen Rider.

Jeffrey

wonder if they will ever explain why baddies are called 'smashes'.

seems like this would only fit baddies that are 'thing' or 'hulk' ish.

delSai

Build 1

I liked it. Sento seems like an awesome character, really love his personality. Good to see a bike chase scene too. I like the concept of his Rider Kick, but it just comes off as really weird. Fight scenes were kinda lame, but i guess that could improve. Overall pretty happy with the first episode.

Top Bottom