• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

I still have to watch the remaining Rider shows. Maybe I'll do it on release order. Or maybe I'll start with OOO and then do that, that's the one I'm most curious about.

Will probably do that this alone, the friend that watched those shows with me is pretty busy right now.

Couldn't a hypothetical crossover just be dubbed in Japanese/English? Get JYB and Yuri Lowenthal to do all the male voices lol.

And just for the lulz, make Adam show up at the crossover.

NeonZ

Ghost also had several unused sounds (although technically all eyecons appear in the summer movie, but many still don't get used). Most collectibles are released in the 1st quarter, and we're getting 10 best matches there, so we won't go beyond 15 or so overall in the tv show itself.

A few could be tied to Claws or a 3rd Rider rather than Build himself. Bat x Engine could be for a Rider form of that bat villain for example. Then, there's the obligatory HBV form and possible movie forms for the summer movie and post-series Movie Wars (there likely won't be a crossover spring movie this year since Ex-Aid Trilogy is taking that spot and being shown on theaters around that time).

WarRock

Due to the nature of the Build Driver, it's that time of the year someone hacks the sounds from it (minus legend riders).

Holy crap, these forms.

F1 Dino, UnicornEraser, BearTV, DogMic, GiraffeCyclone...

"Alright, this is it. Kamen Rider can't get any weirder."

-Me for the past 5 years or so
AROO U READY?

for F1SAURUS

Honestly, Build already is a 8/10 at least thanks to the BEST MATCH. It's so amusing to hear it after those randomass combinations. "Oh yeah, of course, the best match for a Panda is a Rocket, as are UFOs to Tigers, how could there be any doubt?"

Tiu Neo

So, decided to go by the order, and started Kuuga.

After the first couple of episodes, I like the main character, he's a cool guy. The effects are baaad, but they have it's charm. It feels more like a drama than a toku, most times, kinda like Hibiki.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Full list of the Build Best Matches...

Rabbit x Tank
Hagane no Moonsault (The Steel Moonsault) RabbitTank!

Gorilla x Diamond
Kagayaki no Destroyer (The Shining Destroyer) GorillaMond!

Ninja x Comic
Shinobi no Entertainer (The Stealthy Entertainer) NinninComic!

Taka (Hawk) x Gatling
Tenkuu no Abarenbou (The Sky Hooligan) HawkGatling!

Panda x Rocket
Buttobi Monotone (The Blasting Monotone) RocketPanda!

Octopus x Light
Inazuma Technician (The Flashing Technician) OctopusLight!

Kyoryu (Dinosaur) x F1
Onsoku no Teiou (The Speed-of-Sound Emperor) F1Saurus!

Same (Shark) x Bike
Dokusou Hunter (The Runaway Hunter) SameBike!

Kaizoku (Pirate) x Densha (Electric Train)
Keikoku no Hangyakusha (The Rebel of the Valley) KaizokuRessha!

Spider x Reisouko (Fridge)
Reikyaku no Trapmaster (The Chilling Trapmaster) SpiderCooler!

Turtle x Watch
Toki wo Kakeru Kachuu (The Time-Leaping Armor) TurtleWatch!

Kabutomushi (Rhinoceros Beetle) x Camera
Mitsurin no Scoop King (The Jungle's Scoop King) BeetleCamera!

Tora x UFO
Mikakunin Jungle Hunter (Unidentified Jungle Hunter) ToraUFO!

Phoenix x Robot
Fujimi no Seishi (The Immortal Soldier) PhoenixRobot!

Dragon x Lock
Fuin no Fantasista (The Sealed Fantasista) KeyDragon!

Kujira (Whale) x Jet
Amagakeru Big Wave (The Soaring Big Wave) KujiraJet!

Unicorn x Keshigomu (Eraser)
Ikkaku Shoukyo (The Extinct Horn) UniRaser!

Obake (Ghost) x Magnet
Samayoeru Chouinryoku (The Wandering Magentism) MagGhost!

Shika (Deer) x Pyramid
Ouke no Mamorigami (The Royal Guardian Deity) ShikaMid!

Rose x Helicopter
Jounetsu no Senpuuki (The Passionate Fan) RoseCopter!

Bat x Engine
Ankoku no Kidou Ou (The Dark Startup King) BatEngine!

Hachi (Bee) x Sensuikan (Submarine)
Shinkai no Shigotonin (The Deep-sea Professional) HachiMarine!

Sai (Rhino) x Dryer
Jounetsu Tairiku (The Passionate Continent) SaiDryer!

Scorpion x Gold
Koukinaru Dokushin (The Noble Stinger) GoldScorpion!

Wolf x Smartphone
Tsunagaru Ippiki Ookami (The Connected Lone Wolf) SmartphoneWolf!

Kuma (Bear) x TV
Hachimitsu High-Vision (The Honey High-Vision) KumaTV!

Dog x Mic
Yakki no Daibakuon (The Eager Roar) DogMic!

Kirin x Senpuuki (Electric Fan)
Arashi wo Yobu Kyotou (The Storm-Summoning Tower) KirinCyclone!

Crocodile x Remote Control
Mizugiwa no Denpa Yarou (The Coast's Radiowave Guy) CrocodiCon!

Penguin x Skateboard
Koori no Suberigei (The Icy Sliding Technique) PenguinSkater!

Lion x Soujiki (Vacuum Cleaner)
Tategami Cyclone (The Maned Cyclone) LionCleaner!

Harinezumi (Hedgehog) x Shoubousha (Fire Truck)
Rescue Kenzan (Rescue Needle Holder) FireHedgehog!

Buttobasoul x Ganbarizing
Kikaijikake no Tougijou (The Mechanical Arena) ButtoGanba!

Santa Claus x Cake
Seinaru Shisha (The Holy Messenger) MerryChristmas!

CupMen x Energy Drink
Sokkou Genki (The Instant Vitality) CupEnergy!

Tiu Neo

I like how, with this, we'll finally have forms with
Ninja, Pirate, Dinossaur
and other themes that were sentai-only before. And even
a Bug
themed form, how surprising!

Watch Da Birdie

Only one of them seems to possibly be a Legend Rider as far as I can tell...

Cell Phone + Wolf sounds like Faiz

Though I noticed one of them almost seems like a shout-out to Gekiranger,
Penguin Snowboarder.

NeonZ

I don't think any of those are Legend Rider forms.
The Wolf + smartphone one doesn't use any Faiz sound effect or catchphrase.

It's kind of odd though, since we have leaked sounds for USB and Detective bottles for example, but not for a best match using them. At this point it seems like in spite of being advertised as Best Matches too, the Legend Rider ones won't actually get acknowledged as Best Matches by the Driver, even when there are two unique bottles for the Rider, like in W and Ex-Aid's cases. There are others too like Den-O(Momotaros), Gaim(Orange) and likely Fourze(Friendship) which are only getting one bottle and then reuse a bottle from another best match. A toyguide advertised like Orange + Lock as a best match, but it doesn't sound like those will be actually acknowledged as Best Matches by the Driver at this point.

NeonZ

So you can't mix and match the Bottles? Lame...

Huh? No, you can, both in the toys and show. The actual suit also likely can be mixed and matched too, considering how many variations they've shown in a magazine image. The only issue is that only "Best Matches" have their own finishers, while the mixed forms either have no finishers at all or can only use the weapon finisher - that's not clear at this point.

Edit: Toyguide image just confirmed that the OOO Full Bottle is "Medal", best match with "Taka/Hawk" (reused from the Hawk/Gatling Best Match).

Huh? No, you can, both in the toys and show. The actual suit also likely can be mixed and matched too, considering how many variations they've shown in a magazine image. The only issue is that only "Best Matches" have their own finishers, while the mixed forms either have no finishers at all or can only use the weapon finisher - that's not clear at this point.

Edit: Toyguide image just confirmed that the OOO Full Bottle is "Medal", best match with "Taka/Hawk" (reused from the Hawk/Gatling Best Match).

Weren't all the mix and matches shown on the magazine just illustrations? I doubt they would show anything other than best matches in the show. Love to be proven wrong but it looks like we won't have the complexity of something like W/OOOs/Fourze.

NeonZ

Weren't all the mix and matches shown on the magazine just illustrations? I doubt they would show anything other than best matches in the show. Love to be proven wrong but it looks like we won't have the complexity of something like W/OOOs/Fourze.

No, they were actual pictures of real suits. You're probably mixing it up with the toyguides which only had toy pictures and illustrations for the mixed forms.

jwk94

Green Dino Charge ranger just announced he's retiring from acting. Really would've liked to see Riley come back in the future =/

Watch Da Birdie

What time does Build air EST tonight? I'd like to catch it the premiere if I can, haven't done that since Ghost---

Also that's kind of fun how we'll get to guess what the "Best Matches" are for the Legendary Riders till they reveal them. I've seen a list of the Best Matches I've posted, but is there a list of all the individual bottles?

Slayven

DIvoY-bUEAAf1Fh.jpg:large

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd post "How Wizard tells a story", but I don't have a GIF of a super slow train.

Watch Da Birdie

So, uh, NEW KAMEN RIDER GAME FOR PS4 ANNOUNCED!

Was shown on a commercial during Build, I think it's called "Climax Fighters"? From what little actual footage they showed it looked like an Arena Fighter re-using assets from Battride War? I saw like the harbor stage from those games.

So that was a good first episode!

Highlights:
-Riotroopers are back and are entirely inorganic
-Ryuga is a badass
-So is Sento
-RabbitTank's finisher materializes a giant linear function which he uses as a slide to deliver a Rider Kick
-Ryuga gets two shirtless scenes and a zoom-in on his open fly, wtf

Watch Da Birdie

Also seems the Bottles have an additional function...

Sento can use them untransformed, as he uses Rabbit's speed.

ash321

I don't get why they don't sell extra big belt for their DX belt line. Make it a Premium bandai exclusive or something, getting tired of having to use the shitty extension part.

shaowebb

So, uh, NEW KAMEN RIDER GAME FOR PS4 ANNOUNCED!

Was shown on a commercial during Build, I think it's called "Climax Fighters"? From what little actual footage they showed it looked like an Arena Fighter re-using assets from Battride War? I saw like the harbor stage from those games.

I was so excited for a bit. I thought it was gonna FINALLY be a new updated sequel to the giant game Chou Climax Heroes. I was absolutely thrilled...then the last bits of the trailer played and it was an arena brawler like J Stars Victory Vs.

How long till we get a proper sequel to that fighting game? So much to do in it...leveling characters for story mode and customizing their stats, unlocking trophies, playing all the scenarios, customizing every character's theme and climax tracks...just so much fun. You could play them tag style, or assault style or then their were cast with transformations, or clockup, or cards and other character unique tools.

Just so many things to explore and enjoy! Plus once you turned the damage back down to a human level and got rid of climax time it became a real game you and another fighting game player could have fun with. Yeah it had a ton of busted stuff but with combo breakers in it infinites and loops didn't mean shit so it was like the sorta hilarious fun you could have in a Jojo or Hokuto no Ken match but without having to deal with the 10 minute infinites. Just amazing fun for a fan with sooooooo much care in how much it remembered to include for the fans.

Someday...someday I'll get my Chou Climax Heroes 2 ;_;

Top Bottom