• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

delSai

DJR3FuCV4AAOX63.jpg:large

The lobby system for Climax Fighters. I feel like this might turn out to be pretty cool.

shaowebb

It's an arena fighter, but it looks pretty good to be honest. Here's the trailer.

-2 versions. Regular and Premium Sound that includes all Heisei Openings "and more", it also comes with some prints of Riders? Only Build has been shown.

-All the Heisei Main Riders have been confirmed to be playable so far. So everyone from Kuuga to Build. No Amazons yet.

-More news, probably a trailer, in 2 days.

-Has 1v1 fighting, but up to 4 in online play it seems like.

-The officiall site

Edit: Made a thread
Okay this is pretty nice now. Its not a Chou Climax Heroes style game but neither is it a J Stars Victory Vs scenario of just 4 dudes running around. I'm seeing some legit combo stuff, an emphasis on using unique skills to power up your rider as you play and those skills include rapid form change combos, Pokken like movement of boxing people in with zoning and area effect attacks in arenas and not just arenas filled with boxes and walls to run around or dive off of, and a LOT of variety of modes to fight in from 1v1, 2v2, and 4 player mode.

Its back on my radar. This is different but it doesn't sound bad. I wanna see more of the variety of how you form combos. Is it at strict as just a musou mash through the sequence or can I use unique skills to cancel and connect various strings as a sorta "rider art" or "rider cancel" replacement from the Climax Heroes games? If it has cancels to create my own stuff with it'll be pretty open and let me get creative which is what I enjoy the most. Fingers crossed. Sounds fun!

Beardy

Is Garo a lot more popular then i give it credit for? Seems like it has something new going on every month

It's fairly popular in Japan. They even had a promotional event in FF14 where you could get the Makai Priest outfit and a Makai Knight armor.

WillyFive

I always thought Rider should have aired first, didn't it at one point?

Not sure about Showa shows; but Metal Hero aired on Sunday mornings and Sentai aired on Friday evenings; when Sentai was brought over to Sundays it took the spot right after Metal Heroes, and then Kuuga replaced Metal Heroes, so Kamen Rider has been airing before Sentai since then.

NeonZ

Not sure about Showa shows; but Metal Hero aired on Sunday mornings and Sentai aired on Friday evenings; when Sentai was brought over to Sundays it took the spot right after Metal Heroes, and then Kuuga replaced Metal Heroes, so Kamen Rider has been airing before Sentai since then.

It's the other way around. Sentai airs at 7:30am since Megaranger, while Heisei Rider always started at 8:00am.

During the Showa era, they didn't even air in the same channel. Sentai took over Rider's timeslot when it started, while Rider was moved to a different channel starting with Stronger, only returning to Tv-Asahi with Kuuga.

Sou Da

Build has the same problem that W does.

If his identity is supposed to be even slightly secret then why does ride the exact same bike as a civilian.

Also I enjoy the idea behind the Rider Kick but they really should have done the formulas and such as a 2d aftereffect instead of going for 3d cg.

shaowebb

Just saw ep 1 of Kamen Rider Build. This Rider is really fun. He has a pretty entertaining personality. I like the foil character they setup for him in the first episode 2. Boy was he giving the ladies fan service.

NeonZ

They should bring back the idea of a normal bike turning into the Rider bike that was used by most early Showa series. The one time they didn't use it (Stronger) was exactly to highlight how Shigeru just didn't care to hide anything.

Edit: Just remembered, Amazon also didn't do it for the same reason.

Sou Da

They should bring back the idea of a normal bike turning into the Rider bike that was used by most early Showa series. The one time they didn't use it (Stronger) was exactly to highlight how Shigeru just didn't care to hide anything.

Or at the very least acknowledge it any way at all. I'll take literally any asspull they have.

Tiu Neo

I think Ghost did that. But Ghost used the bike something like twice, so...

Watching Kuuga right now, and it's really weird how Godai just goes everywhere with this unique police prototype.

NeonZ

I'm happily surprised by the second episode, since it removes the impression from the first one that Smashs would just be Dopants/Zodiarts all over again, which kind of clashed with their human experimentation background.

Tiu Neo

Build opening... While I don't dislike the song as much as Excite, it feels weird, kinda like it doesn't fit. The opening video by itself was pretty cool. I like the narration at the start.

Secondary riders aren't allowed to love

Some are, but it's becoming rare, I guess. Gou had his romance, kinda, but it wasn't easy. Makoto... well, he had some siscon problems. Ex-Aid...
if you are a fujoshi you can count Hiiro and Taiga, I guess.

Edit: Just remembered, Amazon also didn't do it for the same reason.

Kuuga's bike when through a inexplicable paint job when he transforms. Does that count?

vareon

Kuuga's bike when through a inexplicable paint job when he transforms. Does that count?

TryChaser was given by the police anyway so there's no need to hide it. Last we see such thing was Ghost, which wasn't very long ago.

Drive had the biggest problem because Tomari's identity was a secret for a time lol

Slayven

Yeah Build's theme feels like some random anime theme. I don't think it will ahve that feel when it is inserted into shit going down

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah Build's theme feels like some random anime theme. I don't think it will ahve that feel when it is inserted into shit going down

I hope they bring back regular insert songs. I miss them. :(

Fuck you Ghost.

Top Bottom