• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

Build 02

Yeah, this is working. I like where this is going, and we could see a bit more of every character. This team works, everyone is both useful and, at least up to now, nobody is boring or annoying. Good to see Ryuga having a dramatic moment so soon. After all of this, Night Rogue won't be the Kamen Rider-turned-hero, huh?

And yeah, there's something more about the café owner and his daughter. Wouldn't doubt both are Martians or he's a scientist and she's an experiment or something like that.

KR had some funny engrish and weird shirts, but "You look better on social media" was a bit distracting.

Slayven

Build 02

Yeah, this is working. I like where this is going, and we could see a bit more of every character. This team works, everyone is both useful and, at least up to now, nobody is boring or annoying. Good to see Ryuga having a dramatic moment so soon. After all of this, Night Rogue won't be the Kamen Rider-turned-hero, huh?

And yeah, there's something more about the café owner and his daughter. Wouldn't doubt both are Martians or he's a scientist and she's an experiment or something like that.

KR had some funny engrish and weird shirts, but "You look better on social media" was a bit distracting.
What if the Owner is a martian scout that came to earth, and went native? His daughter being a hybrid

shaowebb

Ack wrong thread. I guess Nord the Barbarian probably did resemble a sentai or toku monster though...oh well. Post moved to this months wrasslin.

BossRush

Build 02

As silly as it sounds, Sento and Ryuga are really a best match. These two have great chemistry together, or at the very least a lot better than Emu and Hiiro had.

shaowebb

Build 02

As silly as it sounds, Sento and Ryuga are really a best match. These two have great chemistry together, or at the very least a lot better than Emu and Hiiro had.

Im trying to watch it now but its gotta buffer some. God these two play off each other so well. Ryuga is an idiot and Sento is so smart he ends up oblivious to how dumb he is acting all the time because he's always thinking bout stuff lol.

That intro is some straight up Kingdom Hearts Simple and Clean kinda nice. Very smooth.

Build 02

1st episode didn't sell me, but this one did. The episode felt weird, but a good kind of weird. It's also one of those starts where I feel out of the loop, like I jumped in mid series, which is how I felt when the Yggdrasil stuff came up during the first episodes of Gaim.

Tiu Neo

I kinda forgot to watch Geed this week, heh. It's getting kinda late now, so I'll do that tomorrow. Anyone else is watching it?

Anyway,

Kyurangers 29

Cool episode, even if it was Lucky centered. Lots of important things happened.

I was hopeful that the Orion/Lion power wouldn't be just another powerup for Lucky, but a new member, like Orion or his descendant from the future. However, this episode kinda hinted at Lucky being Orion's descendant, so it works. The new suit looks great, I would be ok with Tsurugi being Red and Lucky is now the White Kyuranger. This would be a cool twist, kinda like the first Red becoming the new Big One.

vareon

Build 02

The first time I genuinely liked the jokes in a Kamen Rider show. I didn't expect Sento/Ryuuga to be a tsukkomi/boke pair. Loving the characters as well. Misora's silent smile after she completed the dragon bottle was a great subtle moment, loved it. Battles are still lackluster but I appreciate the bike actions.

Stuart444

Kyuranger - 29

Good episode, that shot through Lucky though, damn. Insert song was good as well :D.

So probably another episode of the past arc before going back to the future? Or two episodes max, depends on how next one goes.

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger - 29

Good episode, that shot through Lucky though, damn. Insert song was good as well :D.

So probably another episode of the past arc before going back to the future? Or two episodes max, depends on how next one goes.

I... don't really know what to expect. They will probably not defeat Don Armage for good there, will they? I mean, that would be too easy, unless another villain shows up in the future with the very same generals.

Stuart444

I... don't really know what to expect. They will probably not defeat Don Armage for good there, will they? I mean, that would be too easy, unless another villain shows up in the future with the very same generals.

I'd be shocked if they defeated him right now. I'm expecting a big fight where Don Armage retreats because he is 'weakened' from the fight with Tsurugi before hand and they either wait for possibly years for him to return or they return to their time and deal with him there.

Not to mention defeating him in the past would have major implications for the future, Naga wouldn't be evil, the ones left in the future would change because they would have no reason to become Kyurangers, etc (on top of the Kyurangers in the past being anomalies in time and/or disappearing because they wouldn't have become Kyurangers in the first place, etc).

So I don't see them defeating Don Armage there, but I see it being a big fight that ends in Don Armage retreating and recovering for some years. That way the future still ends up the same but they know they can beat him now. (or at least have a chance)

(yeah I'm probably overthinking the "What if they defeated him in the past" bit but hey, we'll find out soon what happens)

WarRock

Dude, Build 2 is an A+ episode. I only have good this to say about it! I actually laughed out loud during the first scene, and the narration with both characters is great. So many bike scenes! Build shaking both bottles in one hand looks so much better!

I pretty much love every character so far. Shame Claws totally is Neo-Gills.

Tiu Neo

I'd be shocked if they defeated him right now. I'm expecting a big fight where Don Armage retreats because he is 'weakened' from the fight with Tsurugi before hand and they either wait for possibly years for him to return or they return to their time and deal with him there.

Not to mention defeating him in the past would have major implications for the future, Naga wouldn't be evil, the ones left in the future would change because they would have no reason to become Kyurangers, etc (on top of the Kyurangers in the past being anomalies in time and/or disappearing because they wouldn't have become Kyurangers in the first place, etc).

So I don't see them defeating Don Armage there, but I see it being a big fight that ends in Don Armage retreating and recovering for some years. That way the future still ends up the same but they know they can beat him now. (or at least have a chance)

(yeah I'm probably overthinking the "What if they defeated him in the past" bit but hey, we'll find out soon what happens)

Well, the possibilities if he's defeated in the past are:

1) He is still alive in the future, making the objective of this arc worthless (but the rewards were good, so it's ok)
2) Somebody else takes his place.
3) Armage and the Shoguns in the future are, actually, descendants of past Armage and Shoguns, and that's why they have different colors and detais.

Or, I dunno, maybe we're overthinking, heh.

Tiu Neo

Geed 10

Hehe, that was a funny episode. Great way to develop Moa, and a cool way to make Riku find out about her true work, and for her to find out that Riku is Geed (she didn't know, after all, huh?).

The "fight" was pretty fun too. I like how Zero
just made things worse
, and how Moa
saved the day
. That battle end was really beautiful, heh.

To be honest, I figured that the Don Armage reveal would end up with him being a past Ranger (likely a Red or White), but they pretty much rocked that plot with Houou Soldier, so I have nowhere to go now.

Tiu Neo

To be honest, I figured that the Don Armage reveal would end up with him being a past Ranger (likely a Red or White), but they pretty much rocked that plot with Houou Soldier, so I have nowhere to go now.

Hm, there is a way this could be true. If he regenerated by taking another ranger's body - one from the ones that defeated him.

It would be new for sentai, but a certain famous game used something like that.
Would be cool if they ripped FFX like that, but yeah, weird plot for Sentai.

NeonZ

The fact that we're getting a big battle against him next episode, alongside a power up's debut makes me think that Don Armage, at least as he's showing up now, won't be the final enemy.

I guess considering what we've seen, like the present generals not remembering Ho-oh soldier, it's possible he's just a creation of someone else, which is why he can "return" after being seemingly defeated, and that creator will be the actual final villain.

shaowebb

I'm not paying money for this.

I think I will. The potential to have online battle royales with Tokugaf sounds great. If those Rider Traits function like cancels it should be really free form and fun like Chou Climax Heroes was in its own way. It already looks like I can dash up, dive kick, or box folks in so the movement and combat chases shouldn't be too dull. I aint expecting stellar stuff here but it honestly does look fun.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kyuranger - 29,

This was a pretty good episode with the episode hinting that Orion is Lucky's father?

Though if they defeat Don Armage in the past then that means that they are either going to do another cop out where he survived or someone took his place.

My guess is that he will be near death but flee and the team have to get back the present because plot reason.

Build 2

Man this plot was heavy, poor Ryuga. ;_;

But yeah slowly but surely the crew is coming together with the show diving deep into the plot next week.

Also not sure why but I feel that Ryuga will become a Kamen Rider and I would be okay with that.

Toku Gaffers going to get copies? I would love to take MHW down a peg or three

I might get the Asian version but I haven't decided since importing is kinda expensive.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm low on money, but I can't resist an English Kamen Rider---you guys in the know let me know when the Asian version of the Sound Edition goes up.

So, uh, I feel like we've all overlooked the big elephant in the room here---there's a good chance online might end up being like what happens when the Roidmudes show up.

Started watching Kamen Rider W... for some reason when I really wanted to catch up and watch Ghost. It's ok so far but man these fashion trends did not age well for the ladies. Seems like it's moving fast and furious though after 6 episodes. Revealed the main badguys (at the moment) hinted at a big plan and what not. Like the look of W too.

Not to mention having an actual motorcycle.

The female friend lead in this one is pretty annoying though. I get that shes supposed to be the "what is going on, please explain it verbally" character but also her mannerisms and "ohhhhhhh" all the time was a pretty big turn off instantly. Seems more in the way than the other Kamen Rider support characters in the shows ive watched.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was thinking descendant. Unless Lucky is 300+ years old?

I was thinking descendent too, but since there's all this time travel and stasis chambers and such he could very well be his father too. Not sure if they've even hinted anything about Lucky's family or not before, but in the first episode he was weirdly unaware of Jark Matter's dominance which may have to do with something?

Top Bottom