• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

zulux21

Better mate = more siblings. I'm not sure if the stats improve.

I think stats improve slightly as well, but I was also comparing a dog with a cat for growth so I don't know if they grow at the same rate. I(dog) did a prime for first gen and got +1 to a bunch of stats while my wife (cat) did a desperate and got just plus 1 to one stat.

but yeah reproduction spoilers
desperate = 2 kids, average =4, and the best one is 6... that might not hold true for all animals, but it holds true for dogs and cats :p

Hanmik

ivd35xye4E0pg.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The clothes that you found carry over in several survivals?

Or if you find some fancy clothes, and you die, you lost them?

You unlock them in the store by finding them ingame. Then you buy them with ingame credits, which allows you to always pick that item for your next runs.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I just beat the Beagle Boss and it didn't unlock. But I did get an unlock from the Pormer and got the cat.

So I assume you can only unlock one per character?

Look at each animals challenges and you can see what other animal they can unlock.

Mr. Hyde

Damn this game. I survive 18 years and then think it's smart to stealth attack a water buffalo. I crit hit it and barely do damage so I run off right into the hungry jaws of a Tiger. I love this game.

Celegus

Damn this game. I survive 18 years and then think it's smart to stealth attack a water buffalo. I crit hit it and barely do damage so I run off right into the hungry jaws of a Tiger. I love this game.

Between this, Binding of Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmor, and FTL... I'm really starting to see the appeal of the rogue-like genre. Or roguelikelikelike whatever you call it. Pop in for half an hour, get killed horribly after you thought everything was dandy, and then think it was awesome. Who knew!

Mr. Hyde

Between this, Binding of Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmor, and FTL... I'm really starting to see the appeal of the rogue-like genre. Or roguelikelikelike whatever you call it. Pop in for half an hour, get killed horribly after you thought everything was dandy, and then think it was awesome. Who knew!

Shiren on DS was my first foray into this genre, but I adore Binding of Isaac. I need to put more time into DoD one day. It is a very fun genre and I just got my girlfriend hooked on Tokyo Jungle. She is obsessed with playing as the deer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Yeah, I know what you mean. I love it. Knowing your character is gone for good if you mess up adds a lot of tension to the experience.

The clothes that you found carry over in several survivals?

Or if you find some fancy clothes, and you die, you lost them?

It seems like most clothes have its own durability/hp bar. The more you use an item (at least this is true with items that increase your attack power like guard dog shoes) or get hit with it on (e.g. glasses and backpacks) , the more it deteriorates. I've had clothes break on me mid fight and it seems like you can buy more at the store prior to starting a level

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Played the chick for a bit more than an hour. Never managed to get to a third zone. Every attack is fatal, lol.

kassatsu

Banned
im pretty sure the generation boosts carry over. When you go to select a deer again it should say something like 3G (assuming you got to 3rd generation) instead of 1G like the animals you haven't played near the bottom stats. Granted the boost isn't much if that is the case, but it's still something.
Also not every gen has a stat boost. You only gain stats from completing challenges. So there may be times where you gen between new challenges.

Anyone have any effective strategy for dealing with Smog (and acid rain?). I get stuck in it and my toxicity goes up and if I don't have pet medicine I end up dead before it stops.

Toma

Anyone have any effective strategy for dealing with Smog (and acid rain?). I get stuck in it and my toxicity goes up and if I don't have pet medicine I end up dead before it stops.

It goes down when eating, doesnt it? So just...hunt!

Played the chick for a bit more than an hour. Never managed to get to a third zone. Every attack is fatal, lol.

And they're so slow. I'd say they're just meant to beat their boss and move on, but you can sort the leaderboards by animal, and there's plenty of high chick scores.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
Just got home from work and started the download - estimated time to completion is 9 hours :S does anyone have any decent tips for speeding up PSN downloads? Our Internet connection has a good speed and XBOX stuff downloads really quickly, but for seem reason PSN stuff is really slow!

Can't wait to play it! :D

hswbaz

Neo Member
After playing a bit last night, couple of key things I found by trial/error as they were not covered by the tutorial.

If you hold down L1 you crawl around stealthily.

If you hold down the eat button instead of tapping it, you can pickup a corpse and carry it with you (tapping eat will drop it).

I saved/quit at around 30 some years for my pom, will resume tonight!

Mesoian

Got home from the bar after drinking far too much vodka and played for an hour last night. Got to 40 years on the pom before being killed by a pack of wolves. The game's not that hard.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got home from the bar after drinking far too much vodka and played for an hour last night. Got to 40 years on the pom before being killed by a pack of wolves. The game's not that hard.

It's not hard at all to get to ~40 years. But try getting to 100 years while completing all the challenges and such. It gets pretty tough.

Top Bottom