• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

It's not hard at all to get to ~40 years. But try getting to 100 years while completing all the challenges and such. It gets pretty tough.

Yeah, the challenges are what make this game difficult. Not only that, but fighting the bosses. Yeesh.

I just fought a Silky (?) Terrier wearing a lion mask. I almost died laughing.

Edit: I might spam this topic with some custom images or something. I gotta cobble together a review in the next few days and I believe this game deserves a lot of my time.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was slaughtering and eating lion cubs like nobody's business.
Of course, then mama showed up. :(

I want to unlock a bigger animal already!
I got the gazelle, but why are the bunnies trying to kill me?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And they're so slow. I'd say they're just meant to beat their boss and move on, but you can sort the leaderboards by animal, and there's plenty of high chick scores.

Yeah, because the chick has the highest difficulty multiplier. Doesnt help me much though if I cant survive at all.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I don't think it worked. Also I feel like the maybe-acid-rain killed plants, which wasn't helpful for my deer.

Hm, I was under the impression that eating meat with my Pomeranian decreased toxicity levels, weird that doesnt go for herbivores.

Hm, I was under the impression that eating meat with my Pomeranian decreased toxicity levels, weird that doesnt go for herbivores.

It does while the rain/smog is happening, but they basically get poisoned after a while. You'll kill enemies in an area that's had smog for a while and they turn purple as soon as they hit the ground. All the plants get ruined. You just need to get the fug up outta there.

Almost broke 50 years, but heavy toxicity, a pack of jackals, looking for clean food, and a tiger were just too much to bear.

My favorite part so far was spectating an alligator (crocodile?) vs a pack of hyenas.

Celegus

B-b-but the pun! The pun!

I can't believe I'm spending more time on this game's review than any other, both in making neat little pictures and mock-ups and little sidebars of info. Is this what obsession feels like?

Considering we finally got a game that's brand new on almost every level, I don't see the issue. A lot of gaming has felt really stagnant lately, just trying to perfect set formulas that it's so nice to see something so different and good like this. I say go for it!

coldfoot

Banned
I find tons of items like medicine and jerky. How do I use them?
And since the random bullshit pollution is so unfair, they should at least show which areas have pollution on the map, similar to food level. Do they do that?

I can't wait till I get a bigger animal like a lion...I'm going to get my revenge on every animal that has ever killed me.

I have a list of all those who've wronged me. Chimps, those fucking silky terriers, and lions to name a few.

Here's the first concept piece. It's really bad, and I have a lot of work to do on it, but I wanted it to stay simple.

uvoq3.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Just beat my record, 79 years with the Jackal. Was running around trying to find a mate when I was blindsided by some dinos. Argh! So close to 100 yet so far.
Anyway, i find it a good idea to make the trip up north (there may be other, closer entrances; they're kinda hard to spot) to gain access to the sewer and open up shortcuts. The sewer/underground areas really help with annoying toxicity events.

geebee

Banned
What is that orange bar at the top of the Main Menu? Is that a news ticker that will notify players when DLC becomes available?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
What the ffffff... I started the download about 45 minutes ago, and for the first % it said 59 minutes remaining. Had dinner, was happy, now I'm at 3% lol
I hope I can play it today :<

I purchased the Gazelle, but then it appears there's a variation of the Gazelle I could also purchase, but it's like 17,000 points. How do I tell what the difference is between my standard Gazelle and that one?

.... I'm having some trouble with the Pomeranian. It seems like good spawns in the area right of Shibuya will sometimes not spawn any food at all and I keep going hungry before I can get to the third generation (This is where you'd usually find pigs). Tips?

Does the world keep getting more poisonous as the years go on? I had alot of trouble on my third gen of Poms. It seemed like i couldnt find anywhere that was safe. I was slowly dieing even though the poison counter wasnt even on screen.

.... I'm having some trouble with the Pomeranian. It seems like good spawns in the area right of Shibuya will sometimes not spawn any food at all and I keep going hungry before I can get to the third generation (This is where you'd usually find pigs). Tips?

Here's the general rub:

Say you conquered an area. That place generally loses its food (sometimes they give you a few bits here and there, but the food you ate doesn't come back, and I'm quite sure they lessen it). It's a way of pushing you to the next spot, since you can't use that nest anyway.

Now, when you've found another place, you may still come back to that one. I'm not sure if the game gives that area less even when you haven't came back in a while or not. I do know that the game does give you food in the starting area after the 4th generations.

Maybe they give you a ton of food to start out with and then the amount decreases to a normal level as you play?

My adventure as a silka deer where all nice and good until I found a pack of wolves and nearly kill me. Luckily i went on hide and while hiding there was a Boar who got angry and started fighting whit them.. I died of hunger :(

Coxy

Scary adventures in the sewers, I tried exiting at a few ends of it and
park full of dozens of bears oh god, and another one had panthers in some sort of lab or cell or something

I say the easiest way to last 50+ years is too look at all your challenges and plan a route. You get all those stat bonuses and items from doing challenges. Also if you're full on food and are planning to run through a neighborhood with nothing grab a dead body by holding O over it and take it with you for later.

Just bought this, unfortunately downloading big files cuts out Internet for the rest of the house so I'll have to download it when everyone's asleep.

Can't wait though, game seems right up my alley.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I picked a beagle beacuse I have one myself. It was...odd...to launch him from the grass to kill and eat a kitty cat. :(

So is there no way to skip the Tutorial? I did most of the stuff, but exited at one point thinking I could just skip the rest. Now it's having me going through it all again.

Anyway, this game is pretty crazy, in a good way.

geebee

Banned
So is there no way to skip the Tutorial? I did most of the stuff, but exited at one point thinking I could just skip the rest. Now it's having me going through it all again.

Anyway, this game is pretty crazy, in a good way.
Collect story archives in Survival mode.

"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!"

:lol :lol :lol

I have mad swag as a Pomeranian. On my third generation. Got the PRIME FEMALE. Now I have a pack of 5. Can't wait for them all to die at the hands of a racehorse

My fav quotes of the last handful of pages on the thread NeoGaf Content Round-Up Impressions:

I got fleas from an inferior female.

Fought a cow. Lost.

Yep. STDs. Your dick will fall off.
I don't know ;)

Is there an ass in the game?

Can't wait for them all to die at the hands of a racehorse

"As a dog, I can attack other dogs and eat them, but as a cat I can attack other cats but can't eat them. Dog eat dog world?"

"Cats follow a code of honor that prevents them from committing such atrocities. Dogs? Well, anything goes with Dogs..."

1327298787345.gif

Top Bottom