• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
FIFA 13 and WoW (CE x2) meant Tokyo Jungle was going to get put on the back burner.

Meant.

Downloading now. Terribly excited.

Yeah, thought so too. Played TJ for about 3 hours, now I am terribly excited for Fifa.

Terribly

I accidently bit a
saber tooth
in the ass with my wolf thinking it was a regular tiger, he lost about 10% health. I'm so lucky he ran away for some reason.

Takuan

I guess it's time to pick up that new hd. Between this, other psn purchases and install requirements for disc based games, the ol' 40 is no longer holding its weight.

geebee

Banned
This game needs Gon as a DLC character! Instead of having Gon reproduce, he could recruit other animals into his pack and have them reproduce. It would totally change the game.. but it would this game would be even more amazing while playing as Gon.
8BS7R.jpg
He would automatically start the game as Boss rank :D

I took out two hyenas with a pomeranian and then I got cocky and tried to take on a racehorse. Didn't realize there was a tiger just offscreen. Got away though.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Tokyo Jungle to add Remote Play support in patch

Madcap animal survival sim Tokyo Jungle is slated to get Remote Play support in Europe and North America in an impending patch.

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida tweeted the announcement where he stated, "We are preparing for PS Vita Remote Play patch for Tokyo Jungle NA and EU versions, please wait a bit for the release timing info."

Remote Play support would allow users to stream the game running on PS3 to their Vita, so long as it's within range. This way one household member can watch something on TV while another plays Tokyo Jungle on their Vita via the PS3 running in the background.

Having more options of ways to play Tokyo Jungle is something we can get behind. Our Ellie Gibson has been raving about the game for ages and recently gave it a shining 9/10 in her review where she stated, "Tokyo Jungle is a celebration of classic games, with their ridiculous plots, repetitive tasks, excessive violence and all. It pulls off the impressive and nigh-on impossible trick of being an original homage."

"Also it lets you set a giraffe on a bear."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-26-tokyo-jungle-to-add-remote-play-support-in-patch

This game needs Gon as a DLC character! Instead of having Gon reproduce, he could recruit other animals into his pack and have them reproduce. It would totally change the game.. but it would this game would be even more amazing while playing as Gon.

Fuck yes. Greatest oversight.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Great, after 5 odd hours and 10% my download just changed to pending, while my other pending DLs are finished with the usual (good) speed. Something's definitely fucked. Seems like I'm going to bed without Tokyo Jungle :(

Hit year 103, 12th generation wolf. I was underground for about 10 years. When I finally came to see the light shit got weird fast.
Saw a pterodactyl and got absolutely murdered by 15 homo erectus. It was like planet of the apes or something. lmao.
Is there a list for every species?

Haunted

Only the elements populating them, which is a bit of a downer. Its still a fun game and I sure am glad it has loads of unlockables, but it doesnt have the same pull that FTL had for me.

Which gets me to think, are there any more "weird" Roguelikes out there? Like FTL or Tokyo Jungle, both not being "traditional" roguelikes but they feel so fresh.
Well, it's not that huge of a deal if the elements populating the environment switch it up enough so traversal doesn't get boring once you've memorised the layout.

As for other non-traditional roguelike recommendations, Binding of Isaac, Spelunky and Towerclimb are all using elements of roguelikes (randomised levels, permadeath etc) and combine them with a different genre (BoI twinstick shooter, Spelunky/Towerclimb platformer). All excellent games.

Get 35 kills?
Yeah sure no problem.
Too bad every area is filled with freaking god-tier animals.

So close to getting all missions completed...and so far.

Toxicity is a bitch. Especially when you think the coast is clear and a carcass is a normal color, but it turns purple as soon as you start eating.

Also, I'm glad EU got the game now!

Toxicity is a bitch. Especially when you think the coast is clear and a carcass is a normal color, but it turns purple as soon as you start eating.

I haven't had many issues with it but I've only gone about 25 years. Every time I die it feels like the same thing. I'm just running over all of the animals and turf and then I accidentally fuck with a large animal and it 2 shot kills me. I almost got that dumb zebra but then he was all "DRAW ME BITCH" and just ended my run. I'm having trouble with me dear not dying. I feel like the clean kill propt just sin't showing up and maybe that's by design.

Salmon

God! This game is addicting as hell. Can't stop playing!!!

Listening to Muse new song "Animals" and hit the suburban jungle of Tokyo!

It is random sorry. I fought the Cat Boss in a different location.

Oh, yeah you're right, I totally forgot I first fought the Beagle Boss in the Shopping District first time. Since then I seem to be constantly running into it at the Suburbs, but it must just be coinky-dink. Never mind!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh, yeah you're right, I totally forgot I first fought the Beagle Boss in the Shopping District first time. Since then I seem to be constantly running into it at the Suburbs, but it must just be coinky-dink. Never mind!
So will he be wherever the beagles are?

Man... I do good but keep fucking up beating the boss on the golden retriever stage >_<

Try to clear up the map where the golden retriever is and get to boss Level before fighting it. It helps to put on guard dog shoes just for the fight too :) I only put on expensive gear when fighting bosses now lol

Mesoian

Just did a personal best of 70 years as the Sika Deer. At 1 point, I was kiting a pack of wolves, a pack of hyenas, 2 raptors, 3 gators and a boor. I finally got sniped by a random hyena as I was turning a corner.

This game is amazing.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well, if you see there's beagles in whatever area you're in, there's a chance he'll be around. I guess? I'm still early days yet, grappling with the various systems in this.
Gotcha. I kinda forgot this game just came out. I'm just tired of playing as a cat, haha.

calder

Played as that little dog. Lasted three generations, had fun despite grappling with the concepts a little bit. It's sure different lol

Top Bottom