• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

Koroviev

I am seriously in love with this game even if I'm reluctant to kill certain animals. It's so damn addicting. Still kind of sucking at it, but I think I'm getting better. Haven't really been paying attention to the challenges, but I'm gonna start doing that now. Marking was my priority, but I realized exploring is better.

I don't know, marking is pretty damned helpful, especially if you need to get your toxicity down post-haste.

I don't know, marking is pretty damned helpful, especially if you need to get your toxicity down post-haste.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying I was just remarking places previous generations had been on the way back to other areas. I would think just running through them to new areas would be a better use of that time unless you're dying.

yeah how do you combat the pollution levels? my most common way of dying is that the pollution spikes to 100%, i start to lose health and die no matter how much i eat :(

So, I'm like...

Got the Hyena, let's unlock the Cheetah......

Got the Cheetah, let's unlock the Panther.....

Got the Panther, let's unlock... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! gotta sleep.

Not sure if it's been asked/mentioned in the thread, but this game apparently has remote support. Tried it last night on my Vita and was saying that it's not supported. Is this to be patched in at a later date, has anyone else gotten it working yet?

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
Don't forget to pick up the free DLC items in the store (Toro, Kuro, and the Loco Roco one). They're all indestructible and provide decent stat boosts, especially Loco Roco.

Also, my 87-year goat dynasty sadly came to an end.

ctOn0.jpg

PROTIP: Holding down sneak (L1) lets you eat much faster, at least when playing as grazers. Didn't try it with predators.

Ainaurdur

My pack of Chicks made it to year 38 after a few narrow escapes from wolves, beagles, hyenas...

Went around a corner to find a few retrievers who looked like they were about to attack, but they ran away from me right into the charging swipe of a giant tiger, I was able to dodge them all unscathed!

Joy turned to sorrow as two cheetahs found us a few corners later.

Not sure if it's been asked/mentioned in the thread, but this game apparently has remote support. Tried it last night on my Vita and was saying that it's not supported. Is this to be patched in at a later date, has anyone else gotten it working yet?
It is being patched in (fixed) soon. Was supposed to be there at release.

One thing I found out yesterday was that if you sleep you get full health and hunger, and all your toxicity will be removed. That works even if the area you're in is toxic.

Any tips for playing as the chick? I got killed by a cat after about 2 mins. Obviously trying to sneak but the patches of grass are too far apart :/

Any tips for playing as the chick? I got killed by a cat after about 2 mins. Obviously trying to sneak but the patches of grass are too far apart :/
Turn into a chicken as soon as possible, and nest in areas where the marks are close together (Shibuya Station, Dogenzaka, etc) so you don't have to travel that much as a slow ass chick.

You won't survive too long, but with a chicken you should be able to make it to the burbs to unlock the rabbit.

So, I'm like...

Got the Hyena, let's unlock the Cheetah......

Got the Cheetah, let's unlock the Panther.....

Got the Panther, let's unlock... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! gotta sleep.
I know that feel. Tuesday and Wednesday nights I ended up playing until around 5am. Such an addictive game lol

I honestly didn't think anything could be worse than various angry, hungry, and horny dinosaurs and then BAM
Homo Erectus
fucking dropped into every damn area--hundreds of the hairy bastards.

I mistakenly highlighted that on my phone last night :(

Pretty awesome, though.

I made it 96 years with the wolf last night before getting killed by dinosaurs. I was really tired (it's very easy to stay up all night playing this game) so I was happy to call it a night but if I'd remembered that there was a trophy at 100 years I would've been more conservative. The wolf is pretty badass but he's no match for the shit that populates the city after around year 80 (even though I'd already heard about it I said holy shit when I saw how huge the
Pterodactyl
is).

So, er, how do I get to Yamanote Line West?

Shibuya Woods connects to the East Line at the northwest point of the territory, and then you just keep walking west to hit the West Line.
edit: beaten

Oh, and for those dreading a trip to Yoyoki Park: there's an underground shortcut to the east of Shibuya Woods that leads you right to it, and there's no toxicity down there (well, except for the water - just don't drink it).

web01

The local co op is a ton of fun if you ever get the chance I recommend trying it out.
Also opens up a bit more strategy seeing you can each be a different animal.
The only lame thing is you get a 0.3x multiplier but its still pretty hard with two players as you must share resources and take in turns to mate.

Overall I am enjoying this game a ton but I am already wishing for a sequel that adds more areas, game play depth, missions and overall randomness to the game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The local co op is a ton of fun if you ever get the chance I recommend trying it out.
Also opens up a bit more strategy seeing you can each be a different animal.
The only lame thing is you get a 0.3x multiplier but its still pretty hard with two players as you must share resources and take in turns to mate.

Overall I am enjoying this game a ton but I am already wishing for a sequel that adds more areas, game play depth, missions and overall randomness to the game.

The game did extremely well in Japan. I'm hoping this isn't the last of Tokyo Jungle.

Currently on a run with a beagle, I can already tell it's gonna be killer though I'm only 24 years in. I just unlocked the Golden Retriever too, can't wait to give that a go.
Is there a list showing the progression of animal unlocks?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Made it to year 69 as a golden retriever last night, which is the highest I've made it yet. I was killing lions left and right, but then dinosaurs started showing up... everywhere.

I need to find and start using the shortcuts.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
You can sleep instead of mate and get hunger filled while toxicity is removed?

Everything has changed.

Oreoleo

Currently on a run with a beagle, I can already tell it's gonna be killer though I'm only 24 years in. I just unlocked the Golden Retriever too, can't wait to give that a go.
Is there a list showing the progression of animal unlocks?

If you put the cursor on any locked animal, it will show you which animal to use to unlock it (eg. the cat would say "complete pomeranian challenge to unlock"). I'm sure there is a list out there somewhere but if I had to guess, it's in Japanese.

Fuck you, Boss Tosa!

Psh, all you ninnies need to learn how to fight like a real dog!

I totally ran straight for the Boss Tosa, killed him, then got taken out by his cronies ~1.5 seconds later >_>>>

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sony, I know people derisively joke about this game looking like it belongs on PS2, but that doesn't mean I should get circa-2000 download speeds off PSN.

Koroviev

Sprint? I always use the sidestep to close in on prey, or is there something else I'm missing?

What do you mean sprint? Dodging forwards?

Yeah, dodge forward. It saved me from a posse of cows just now.

And my poor little kitty cat can't survive in the food-abundant districts :(

Sony, I know people derisively joke about this game looking like it belongs on PS2, but that doesn't mean I should get circa-2000 download speeds off PSN.

I feel like I'm one of the only people who didn't get terrible download speeds for this game. Then again, my PS3 is situated right next to the router.

And my poor little kitty cat can't survive in the food-abundant districts :(

I feel like I'm one of the only people who didn't get terrible download speeds for this game. Then again, my PS3 is situated right next to the router.
Take the cat underground! Smaller prey.

As for dl speeds, I was playing within 45 mins but I got the game as soon as it went up. Can we assume a lot of ppl are downloading/buying it?

Celegus

There are some manholes and sewer pipes in different areas. I always get lost down there, so I'm not sure how everything connects exactly. But, if you get stuck in a bad zone with no food, it's worth a shot to check down there.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Got ripped to shreds by a group of dinosaurs in like year 5. Damn, this game is cruel, hahaha.

Koroviev

Got ripped to shreds by a group of dinosaurs in like year 5. Damn, this game is cruel, hahaha.

I would steer clear of the food-abundant districts if you're playing as a small animal. All of the big cats hang out over there.

There are some manholes and sewer pipes in different areas. I always get lost down there, so I'm not sure how everything connects exactly. But, if you get stuck in a bad zone with no food, it's worth a shot to check down there.

I see, thanks :)

Cuddler

This game is really good, but trying to unlock every animal makes it a little repetitive. I'm the only one that after playing this game dream about a real Jungle/Ocean simulator with a free 3d open world to explore??? They should use Afrika/Aquanaut's Holidays as base and add the possibility to use animals like in Tokyo Jungle.

Top Bottom