• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

aechris

I love this game so much. Just got a new record with Rabbit of 137k. I had two challenges left to do for the tuxedo and got killed by a dinosaur just before finishing. So close! I had 37 more calories to eat and I needed to hit Eien Mode in Shibuya Suburbs... and I was IN Shibuya Suburbs! Closest yet! Next time...

250px-Rabbit_in_montana.jpg

You never had a chance against those dinosaurs. :(

Oreoleo

What are the red outlines in the stats? Does playing as them level up their base stats?

The stats that are passed down through breeding are permanent. Even after dying on a specific run, those boosted stats will be available every time you play that animal again.

Kazzy

Really enjoying it so far, despite a few niggles with the map early on. I seem to average around 70 (or so) years in survival mode, could probably stretch it out a little more if I stay bunkered in the sewers, but I get restless. I'm afraid my pomeranian struggles when the map starts to swarm with the lions and dinosaurs!

I've just unlocked my first new species (cat), so we'll see how that goes. I look forward to when I can actually stand up to the larger predators, though.

I hope the grind to new animals doesn't become too much, because that's the only thing that I can see ruining the momentum.

Do the story missions pick up? They seem really dull so far.

That said, I do find myself having a little smile every once in a while, because its fantastic that its been localized. Kudos to Sony.

When picking up females, is there any way to tell their rank beforehand? I know it says in the upper right after picking them up.

Furthermore, is there any way to lose them once they have started following me? Like if I don't want the low-quality ones with fleas.

This post will come back to haunt me out of context.

Kazzy

When picking up females, is there any way to tell their rank beforehand? I know it says in the upper right after picking them up.

You can usually make the distinction of how many hearts they have above their heads, the desperate ones will always appear black. I seem to recall that the prime mates have a subtle aura around them as well, you can usually pick out the 'glow'.

Beat story mode last night. I really liked the ending.
Kudos to Crispy for an awesome game

The story/archives are pretty cool. This game is begging for a sequel and I hope it sold well enough.

Loudninja

Beat story mode last night. I really liked the ending.
Kudos to Crispy for an awesome game

The story/archives are pretty cool. This game is begging for a sequel and I hope it sold well enough.
We know the game sold over almost 200k in Japan.

I think I going to get this amazing looking game as well.

Septimius

Really liking this game a lot. I find it a bit stressing at times. "Oh shit, I need to get to Yamanote Line East, because there's no food between here, Shibuya Suburbs, and there." And then it's toxic, and low visibility, and tigers and.. luckily, it's still fun!

sophora

I'm on the fence about picking this up, would someone like me who plays stuff like; Binding of Isaac, FTL, and rogue-likes like it? Convince me GAF!

Koroviev

I'm on the fence about picking this up, would someone like me who plays stuff like; Binding of Isaac, FTL, and rogue-likes like it? Convince me GAF!

It's a really novel roguelike and you should play it. It's very compelling, especially during the first several hours.

Deefuzz

Bought it last night and played it for the first time today. So far I REALLY like this game a lot.

Surprisingly I lasted longest as the silka than anything else yet! but I much prefer playing a non-herbivore.

Odd thing was that I had an easier time as a Pom than as a cat even though the cat felt quicker overall

I can see me playing this over and over and trying to unlock everything.

I really hope this gets some continued support with more DLC in the form of new challenges and story mode options. It appears as though they will already be doing DLC animals.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I hope the remote play patch comes soon as I just want to grind unlock the rest of the animals without taking up the TV.

keit4

Banned
This game... i need it... in my veins...

Just happened to me something like this:

My pomeranian died intoxicated while he was running away from a group of lions/wolves/cats/a crocodile,

ElFly

Having a really hard time in this game. Mainly concentrated on getting the memory cards in survival mode.

Just unlocked cats, and man, they are waaaay weaker than my awesome 4G pomeranians :(

I hope the remote play patch comes soon as I just want to grind unlock the rest of the animals without taking up the TV.

Only played one looong session but damn that's lame. Fucking lawyers.

I also put the PS3 on offline mode cause fuck uploading scores to the leaderboards.

This game... i need it... in my veins...

Just happened to me something like this:

My pomeranian died intoxicated while he was running away from a group of lions/wolves/cats/a crocodile,
Did you draw that? I ask because it's fucking adorable and full of truth.

Does this game have a demo on PSN? I'm really interested in it but I want to try it out first.
It does not. If you haven't already, take a look at GiantBomb's quick-look. It gives you a good idea of what the game is like.

Stencil

Welp, only read page 1 of this thread and watched a bit of the Lets Play, and it sold me. Bought it and its downloading at home now (had to go to work.) It's the first game I've ever d/led but I figure if its not getting a physical release I should try and support this kind of innovation in the industry any way possible.

Kaldea

I made it 43 years on my first try in Survival and now I can't get anywhere close to that again. This game is great though. :D

I made it 43 years on my first try in Survival and now I can't get anywhere close to that again. This game is great though. :D
I'm envious of all the people that actually did a good job on their first run. I got eaten in under 20 minutes my first time.

naib

I'll eagerly buy stuff like this, just so they'll give us more stuff like this.
Downloading now.

Didn't peruse this thread, but I take it the remote play is coming later? Sucks 'cause the PS3 is in the bedroom..

At about 90%. Looking forward to it!

sgjackson

I think I knew I was in love with this game when I dodged a cow's one-hit kill and got to watch it fly through the air in slow motion before countering.

Hey guys, who else hates angry elephants? I'm just curious...

because I hate angry
motherfucking
elephants

They're such calm creatures, but trying to unlock them with the ostrich is brutal. Two of my ostrich brothers got mauled by 6-8 angry goddamn elephants. SIX TO EIGHT. I couldn't tell because the elephants were clipping as they surrounded my ostrich brothers.

They never stood a chance. I made it a vow to murder every elephant I saw, once I unlocked something that can kill them.

pantsmith

Pro-tip: If you get stuck mating with a sickly, flea-ridden desperate mate, just pretend you did it for love. At least your offspring will respect you that way.

Pro-tip: If you get stuck mating with a sickly, flea-ridden desperate mate, just pretend you did it for love. At least your offspring will respect you that way.

Its weird, when I was doing my Gold Retriever run, there was an instance where there were two desperate mates in a single area. I had enough time in between challenges, so I decided to go to the neighboring area and recapture all territories just to find a more suitable mate. To my surprise, there were another two desperate mates in the area again.

That second time, after I finally captured the territories, and got to the second mate only to find it was another desperate one...I was liek,, "Sheeeiit. These bitches.".

Then I was like, "Whateva. Hey babe, Lets go roll in the hay".

Then get this, the second after I pick up on this chick, I was all itchy...so I was all like "Did this bitch just give me fleas, son?! If this bitch just gave me fleas, I dun even want to know what she gots going on down there."

2 seconds later I was like, "Whateva. Lets do this shit!". We ended up having two beautiful pups.

True story.

Damnit Sony, hurry up and patch remoteplay so I can play this in my bed

ElFly

Game fucked me pretty hard and put a data drive in an unreachable location.

At least I unlocked Beagles and got to 6G cats.

zulux21

I'm envious of all the people that actually did a good job on their first run. I got eaten in under 20 minutes my first time.

I lasted something like 25 seconds on my first run lol... didn't even make it to year 1 :p
my second run went much better though as I realized pack of beagles > my cat lol

Top Bottom