• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The stats that are passed down through breeding are permanent. Even after dying on a specific run, those boosted stats will be available every time you play that animal again.

Where did you find this? Do stat increases really continue to apply across playthroughs of the same character?

hswbaz

Neo Member
Is there a cite for this? The wiki just says that stat increases are transferred across generations in a single playthrough, not across multiple playthroughs.

http://tokyojungle.wikia.com/wiki/Stats

As multiple people already stated in this thread, after you have passed on enough stats through generations, your little graph on the animal selection screen will have a red outline of the white stats. The new combined stats are what you play with the next time you load that animal.

Edit: Also I have personally tracked stats and verified this in-game on multiple animals, in case you still doubt. Example below:

G1 Animal

HP - 50
Hung - 50
Sta - 50

G4 Animal (stats upon breeding not when dying)

HP - 55
Hung - 53
Sta - 60

If this was say your first playthrough with some animal, the next time you load up a New Game with that animal, you will start with the G4 stats listed above, not the G1. Also, this is why it's extra beneficial to find Prime mates whenever possible as they will pass on the most amount of stats earned from challenges.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
As multiple people already stated in this thread, after you have passed on enough stats through generations, your little graph on the animal selection screen will have a red outline of the white stats. The new combined stats are what you play with the next time you load that animal.

Edit: Also I have personally tracked stats and verified this in-game on multiple animals, in case you still doubt. Example below:

G1 Animal

HP - 50
Hung - 50
Sta - 50

G4 Animal (stats upon breeding not when dying)

HP - 55
Hung - 53
Sta - 60

If this was say your first playthrough with some animal, the next time you load up a New Game with that animal, you will start with the G4 stats listed above, not the G1. Also, this is why it's extra beneficial to find Prime mates whenever possible as they will pass on the most amount of stats earned from challenges.

Thanks for all the data! I guess if you play a pom often enough, you could end up with Super-Pom. Playing through the story makes me wish my Hyena was as powerful as the one in the story missions.

Deefuzz

I kind of wish this got a retail release in the US so I can have that awesome boxart to look at. A game this fun deserves to have a permanent place on my shelf in physical form!

zulux21

I kind of wish this got a retail release in the US so I can have that awesome boxart to look at. A game this fun deserves to have a permanent place on my shelf in physical form!

You could always be special, obtain an extra ps3 case, and print off a cover and make a case for the game and pretend it has a physical release ^^

You win, Gaf. I'll be downloading this tonight. I'll even buy that Fat Cat DLC, because... because a fat cat.

Any kind soul wants to offer some noob-friendly tips? Other than "don't die".

You win, Gaf. I'll be downloading this tonight. I'll even buy that Fat Cat DLC, because... because a fat cat.

Part of the fun is seeing what's what on your own, though. Once you start playing and die once (or a few times) is when you should have your mind a bit blown.

My tips are:

- Do the turtorial

- Know that in order to unlock the story, you need to do survival -> find the three data disks -> beat the unlocked story chapter -> step one again

Part of the fun is seeing what's what on your own, though. Once you start playing and die once (or a few times) is when you should have your mind a bit blown.

My tips are:

- Do the turtorial

- Know that in order to unlock the story, you need to do survival -> find the three data disks -> beat the unlocked story chapter -> step one again

Thanks, I will do exactly that!

You're right about experiencing the game for myself, I don't want spoilers, I just want the kind of tips i've read in the thread like "YOU CAN DRINK WATER OMG"; "YOU CAN'T BE POISONED IN TUNNELS?!", "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN CARRY PREY IN YOUR MOUTH", that sort of things that apparently are "hidden" but necessary to play it the right way.

Dizzy

Banned
This game owns. Sleeper hit of the year for me. The further I'm getting in survival the more awesome the game becomes. There's really a different story every time. My best so far is a Beagle I've saved on year 81 or so. My co-op partner died and now somehow I'm surviving when theres nothing in the streets but dinosaurs, bears and lions. All the shit I've been through, all the horror I've seen ;_; , me and my brother starving to death and far too old to carry on much longer......being forced to either go back through the sewers in which we almost starved to death, or run through the park and train yard back through an army of Lions to get back to a safe area like the woods/forest. We went through the Lions and I don't think I've ever seen that many enemies on screen. There was like a billion lions chasing us and we're using the stamina items and mashing on the right stick to blast through. Then managing to mate with a few seconds left after reaching age 20 and having our hunger and life reduced to 0. Tense as hell.

Here's a few I've picked up....

1) Do NOT get greedy. It's tempting to come across a big sleeping enemy and wonder if you can take it down....if it doubt, don't. This is how I usually die. When you get bigger animals and better stats you can but don't go on a power trip like me.

2) Use the right stick, it helps you dash forward much faster to evade larger animals when they chase you.

3) Try to mate in an area that has flags close together. The suburbs is a bit too big. Also try to keep in a safe area in the later years of survival unless food is absolutely scarce. The far edges of the map always seem to have an insane amount of large enemies like lions and bears.

4) Pollution......just run. It's not worth hanging around.

zulux21

Here's a few I've picked up....
1) Do NOT get greedy. It's tempting to come across a big sleeping enemy and wonder if you can take it down....if it doubt, don't. This is how I usually die. When you get bigger animals and better stats you can but don't go on a power trip like me.

2) Use the right stick, it helps you dash forward much faster to evade larger animals when they chase you.

3) Try to mate in an area that has flags close together. The suburbs is a bit too big. Also try to keep in a safe area in the later years of survival unless food is absolutely scarce. The far edges of the map always seem to have an insane amount of large enemies like lions and bears.

4) Pollution......just run. It's not worth hanging around.

1) I can't resist personally, and most of the time it ends up fine for me :p you would be surprised what you can take down... just uh... don't screw with hippos :/

3) the big areas have the plus of more room to get away from a pack of angry animals... I prefer the smaller ones myself but sometimes the bigger ones are much easier to do late game.

4) I usually just ignore it, if you eat enough pollution doesn't matter :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This game is hard. Tried survival 5 times, and would like to know if these tactics could work:

1) Leaving dead bodies to return to when hungry
2) Foregoing challenges that take me far away from vital objectives

You can pick bodies up in your mouth and carry them with you if you need a little extra meat. Only works for stuff that weighs little enough that your animal type can carry them.

Lucent

Awesome thanks! I always would eat stuff before leaving. Now I know I can take a kill with me. I'm guessing pomeranians can only carry a crow or baby chick huh?

Lucent

Running on 45 years with Deer on my very first run. This jungle is scary.

Yeah I know. I ran to one place with my black pomeranian pups and saw cats fighting rabbits. I joined in so I could eat them both. And all of a sudden a wolf pack showed up. They were fast but we managed to get out of there fast enough to not suffer any serious damage. I tried to hit one a few times but barely hurt it at all so we ran.

Game is intense.

Noi

R.I.P. Deer. 58 years seems like a good first try.

Yeah I know. I ran to one place with my black pomeranian pups and saw cats fighting rabbits. I joined in so I could eat them both. And all of a sudden a wolf pack showed up. They were fast but we managed to get out of there fast enough to not suffer any serious damage. I tried to hit one a few times but barely hurt it at all so we ran.

Game is intense.

At one point I turn the corner to face two alligators, then I run into 3 bears while running away from those. Being Grazers is suffering.

ElFly

The Tosa boss is super though.

Tosas do a dash that hit all my retriever bros and hits super hard. Do you get this kind of move? When playing the Lion story mode, noticed that the AI lions had a charged up attack that I couldn't do.

Zekes!

Just finished up my first play session.

This game is amazing.

My second run I managed to live 42 years with my pomeranians. Looking forward to playing the cat, which I managed to unlock.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I finally got a PSN card to buy this and I keep getting an error when I try to redeem it. Was really hoping to play this tonight too. Does the PS Plus discount stop tomorrow? If so, I really hope I can grab it before the store updates.

zulux21

I really want to get an animal up to 25 years old now... I got one to 23 and it was a measly pig and I didn't have any items to fill my health... if I got something with like 300 base health, and a prime female... and a few health items.. maybe just maybe I could make it to 25 years old (I am talking about age not how many years I survive)

Massa

I finally got a PSN card to buy this and I keep getting an error when I try to redeem it. Was really hoping to play this tonight too. Does the PS Plus discount stop tomorrow? If so, I really hope I can grab it before the store updates.

You have another week, the discount ends on Oct 9.

THIS GAME. Love at first sight... Just starting, unlocked the cat and having a BLAST.

lololol I did exactly this! My poor 35- year old pomeranian crew died to a sleeping crocodile. I saw the red fangs of death on him and I thought... why not?

This game is awesome. I love it. It's addictive, and infuriating, and wonderful. And i've only gotten as far as ~45 years on the pomeranians (let sleeping lions lie, is my advice) and unlocking the cat.

web01

Anyone know what is up with the master of disguise event?
I went to the area and there was tons of rabbits everywhere. Naturally I started to massacre them with my dog. After a while it said that the master of disguise had left "probably" which made me think there is something more to it.

Also a quick tip if you have a portable bed and you are getting chased by animals with no chance of survival you can use it to save yourself and lose agro from the enemies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone know what is up with the master of disguise event?
I went to the area and there was tons of rabbits everywhere. Naturally I started to massacre them with my dog. After a while it said that the master of disguise had left "probably" which made me think there is something more to it.

Also a quick tip if you have a portable bed and you are getting chased by animals with no chance of survival you can use it to save yourself and lose agro from the enemies.

It's
a golden retriever wearing bunny ears
. Damn thing slaughtered me. :lol

zulux21

and the stuff that starts pouring in at around year 80.

i did manage to whittle a croc down to about 60% health until i decided i wanted to live longer :D

I was sad earlier today... I was taking down a tiger with a pig... it was going well I had it down to like 10% of it's health and then I hit it to close to a lion cub... which summoned like 2 male lions and 10 female ones lol.

Got absolutely battered by a lion earlier. I was in year 33, getting killed by toxicity can hunger, and needed a boost to my bars, and a few animal kills for the challenges. It was asleep, and I thought I could do it with my 5 Pomeranians. We were all dead within 30 seconds :(

Anyone got any tips for dealing with toxicity? And what are the ways you can unlock animals?

Top Bottom