• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Semajer

Is disappointing that they didn't bother to keep Sheeda's PAL name, and it's terrible that there are no subtitles during battles.

Totakeke

I have the LE on its way but I still want to know the difference in load times between the physical and digital version. No one made a comparison for the NA release yet right?

-shadow-

So Nintendo apparently hasn't shipped the game anywhere here nearby. I know they're not confident about the game, but this is about as terrible as 2012 where Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter weren't available for a month directly after launch.

Cubas

I guess there is no chance of it getting a patch to support Gamepad audio now that it's out in the West?

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it would make things easier.

Regarding GamePad audio so not to disturb others while playing at night, an alternative is for me to plug in my headphones into my speakers. But then I can't decide how loud the output is.

So my question is this: Does the game have audio volume settings in the options menu?

Any word on how long to finish this? I thought I remembered hearing that if you ignore side quests it takes 25-30 hours, which is perfect for me.

Vhalyar

Bought the digital version. What a fucking mistake. I'd forgotten how utterly shit Nintendo's infrastructure is that results in painfully slow download speeds.

Alastor3

So I stopped following this game when they announced that it was kind of an idol game with weird graphic that doesn't look like Fire Emblem of Shin Megami, why does this game have a huge following? Did I miss something ?

Bought the digital version. What a fucking mistake. I'd forgotten how utterly shit Nintendo's infrastructure is that results in painfully slow download speeds.

Does the European Wii U eShop have preloads yet? Last time I checked it didn't, which is ridiculous given other regions have had them for nearly two years now.

Regarding GamePad audio so not to disturb others while playing at night, an alternative is for me to plug in my headphones into my speakers. But then I can't decide how loud the output is.

So my question is this: Does the game have audio volume settings in the options menu?

Yeah, separate options for BGM, sound effects and voice.

Really liking the gameplay aspect of this so far. Lots of systems in place that feel rewarding. Kind of lukewarm on the story but maybe it will pick up.

Vhalyar

Does the European Wii U eShop have preloads yet? Last time I checked it didn't, which is ridiculous given other regions have had them for nearly two years now.

No idea :(

I'd honestly sort of written off the game, for reasons that I now can't remember. Maybe something about a poor reception in Japan? Either way here I am with the fastest internet connection I've ever had and after 10 minutes I have... 194 MB downloaded.

mike6467

I'm pretty psyched for this. Amazon is delivering sometime today, but historically stuff doesn't show up until 5 or 6PM and I've got the day off. I may just end up booking it to Gamestop this morning and returning the Amazon copy. Too excited!

Edit: I forgot about the eShop. The purchase screen is staring me in the face. I want a physical copy of this...right? Or should I just buy both and say it's my way of supporting Atlus and the Wii U (Ha)

Any word on how long to finish this? I thought I remembered hearing that if you ignore side quests it takes 25-30 hours, which is perfect for me.

IIRC, people have said it's around 30 hours for the main story and roughly double that if you do all the side quests... So yeah, what you said!

Yeah, separate options for BGM, sound effects and voice.

Really liking the gameplay aspect of this so far. Lots of systems in place that feel rewarding. Kind of lukewarm on the story but maybe it will pick up.

Thank you, that's great. Looking forward to starting this tonight then!

I have basically zero experience with Persona and Fire Emblem games. The only Shin Megami Tensei game I've ever played was SMT on the Super Famicom. It was horribly hard, dungeons were a nightmare to navigate and I... freaking... loved it. Amazing game, one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

I love JRPGs, but I'm not particularly good at them. However, the harder ones are my favorites (ah, those Phantasy Star II memories...). I've read some TMS reviews complaining about how you can lose a battle in the blink of an eye and how hard it is to navigate some of the dungeons, and that only makes me want this game even more 0_0

This game has a difficulty selection, right? Is playing it on hard overkill?

Jolkien

I have basically zero experience with Persona and Fire Emblem games. The only Shin Megami Tensei game I've ever played was SMT on the Super Famicom. It was horribly hard, dungeons were a nightmare to navigate and I... freaking... loved it. Amazing game, one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

I love JRPGs, but I'm not particularly good at them. However, the harder ones are my favorites (ah, those Phantasy Star II memories...). I've read some TMS reviews complaining about how you can lose a battle in the blink of an eye and how hard it is to navigate some of the dungeons, and that only makes me want this game even more 0_0

Probably not recommended. The game doesn't say but if it's like persona on hard mode it's the same game they just severely reduce the money and XP you get so you just grind more. Boss and regular enemy AI is the exact same.

I was pleased to hear that TMS is one of, if not the, easiest SMT game. Also it is supposedly shorter and requires almost no grinding. For me, the SMT games are too difficult and abstruse to enjoy and the Persona games are ruthlessly bloated and long. I'm sure my opinions are like nails on a chalkboard to the SMT elites, but it is what it is. I'm glad that there is what appears to be a more approachable entry.

But I'm glad they included higher difficulties so masochists like yourself can still have a good old time. :0

Soul Lab

more than 10 hours in. I play on normal mode and it's perfect imo. I didn't have to grind a single time to defeat a boss. but they are challenging without grinding. I tried hard mode on some bosses. but I feel like it's just a grind fest then xD no thanks!

Another WiiU gem right here folks. Would love to see more of this franchise in the future

muteki

Out for delivery, might play some tonight.

Watching Ben play it on EZA...it will take a while before I start questioning every little thing art wise.

NeonZ

It's so nice to have the Japanese voice acting after missing it in Fates (and Devil Survivor Overclocked/Record Breaker). Still, not having subs for the battle lines seems rather unprofessional.

I can understand them, but most people won't...

Mediking

more than 10 hours in. I play on normal mode and it's perfect imo. I didn't have to grind a single time to defeat a boss. but they are challenging without grinding. I tried hard mode on some bosses. but I feel like it's just a grind fest then xD no thanks!

Another WiiU gem right here folks. Would love to see more of this franchise in the future

Positive impressions keep coming from open minded people... :)

tolkir

It's so nice to have the Japanese voice acting after missing it in Fates (and Devil Survivor Overclocked/Record Breaker). Still, not having subs for the battle lines seems rather unprofessional.

I can understand them, but most people won't...

Yep, it watching anime subbed for 15 years is useful to understand something, but I don't know why they skipped those subtitles. Only bad thing until now about the game.

AHindD

Any word on loading times? I'm hearing reports that loading times are quite bad on the physical version, whereas its apparently much faster on the digital one.

eh... hard isn't exactly grindfest tho. as long as you don't run 90% of normal battle it is doable
with rng on your side of course
lunatic on the other hand, might need to weapon grind in order not get wiped easily in normal battles, and even that depends on the situation

Jolkien

So I just did my first request. Quick question when you revisit the first dungeon
I went back in the first dungeon and I encountered an NPC Mirage saying there's supposed to be a fun place around, I assume it's later ?

Aiustis

Question: I lost interest in this game...not interested in the who idol thing tbh,

BUT I wouldn't be completely opposed to trying it. For megaten veterans, how would this compare to my favorites: devil survivor, nocturne and strange journey?

Draikin 2

I picked up my EU copy of the Fortissimo Edition today, about to play the game now. Looking forward to it, it's good to see the reviews have been very positive. I'd certainly like to see this game on the NX, but like Mediking said, a lot will depend on the sales. I hope it does better in the West than in Japan.

Soul Lab

eh... hard isn't exactly grindfest tho. as long as you don't run 90% of normal battle it is doable
with rng on your side of course
lunatic on the other hand, might need to weapon grind in order not get wiped easily in normal battles, and even that depends on the situation

well. then you are just way better than me ^^

to all nx port beggers: support the game now!

Top Bottom