• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Only just got to the Bloom Palace, but loving this game so far. Lack of battle dialogue being translated is kind of a bummer., but I'll just have to deal.

Im interested in picking this up but Im kinda confused on the premise.

I see a lot of reference to the idol thing and entertainment industry, but there is also combat?

I generally like JRPG's, have enjoyed the Persona series before and love the FE series as well. However it seems that this is a JRPG that deals with the entertainment industry? Is it also partially a rhythm game with dancing?

What does the combat consist of? What is the basic storyline? Is this okay for a fan of JRPG's in general or is it for an even more niche crowd?

Its basically a traditional JRPG with story/theme based on entertainment industry.

cand

Im interested in picking this up but Im kinda confused on the premise.

I see a lot of reference to the idol thing and entertainment industry, but there is also combat?

I generally like JRPG's, have enjoyed the Persona series before and love the FE series as well. However it seems that this is a JRPG that deals with the entertainment industry? Is it also partially a rhythm game with dancing?

What does the combat consist of? What is the basic storyline? Is this okay for a fan of JRPG's in general or is it for an even more niche crowd?

Think Persona where the personas are based in fire emblem characteres with a very similar battle system, dungeons and the history
follows an entertainment agency which actually exists to fight some unexplained dimensional abnormalaties

Because of the feedback you have all been giving and the good impressions from Japan...I bit the bullet and bought this game at full price digitally to support Nintendo and Atlus' venture into this game. I don't even know when I can play this game due to work and a giant backlog.

I hope you're all happy.

Mashing

It's so nice to have the Japanese voice acting after missing it in Fates (and Devil Survivor Overclocked/Record Breaker). Still, not having subs for the battle lines seems rather unprofessional.

I can understand them, but most people won't...

I'm sure someone on Gamefaqs will translate the battle lines eventually.

Liking the game a lot. Savage encounters are a bitch though. Almost always a guaranteed error if one just shows up on the field. I jump into other encounters or run through whatever doors i can but way too many any wipes to these so far.

Mashing

Liking the game a lot. Savage encounters are a bitch though. Almost always a guaranteed error if one just shows up on the field. I jump into other encounters or run through whatever doors i can but way too many any wipes to these so far.

Are those like crimson shadows in Persona?

Ulysses 31

Such a colorful game and this thread is missing something...

62798024.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Oh, they were random in this game? That was explain why my Itsuki stat growths only affected 2-3 at most, while Tsubasa was getting it across the board...

The same is happening for me, Itsuki gets crap for level ups while Tsubasa seems to be getting blessed by RNG each time

Soul Lab

this game is soooo goooood! <3
I wasn't hyped for that game until release, but damn I'm really into this now

Except actually intimidating. And can't be back attacked. It's basically either find a way to escape the field before it reaches you or probably get a game over.

escape in battle worked everytime for me, so I don't know what the problem is?

Copy's out for delivery, hopefully it gets here before 8.

I was wondering, can you change difficulty in game? I was thinking of trying hard since I've played other SMT games but if it requires crazy amounts of grinding and I can't switch I'll just play on normal.

Copy's out for delivery, hopefully it gets here before 8.

I was wondering, can you change difficulty in game? I was thinking of trying hard since I've played other SMT games but if it requires crazy amounts of grinding and I can't switch I'll just play on normal.

You can switch at will from the menu. There are little achievements in the game, not sure if it will affect those of not.

Constantly checking out my window for the delivery truck. My SE has been "out for delivery" for about 8 hours now and the wait has been killing me lol

i usually avoids them until later part of the game (when you can combo easily) and really need the exp from beating them.
don't think there's a missable, not in my memory anyway
and no it's not guide heavy. most sidequests are straightforward

woops now i remembered that there's 1 duo arts is missable if you couldn't get enough 'hidden point' during story quest/tsubasa side quest dialogue selections woops
apologies. just be nice to her :')

Tranquilo

Banned
Y'all are killing me! I wanna dive in and talk about this game so badly. I have a full day of work to finish up and this box is just going to be staring me in the face... More coffee. Faster typing. No proof-reading.
Clu0vlFWIAAyjtc.jpg

Reszo

It's a helpful audio cue regarding elemental strengths and weaknesses... if one understood Japanese.

There's also the fact that the respective characters are waving to you in the background if they're available for a follow-up.

Ah okay makes sense!

One more question. I just went to the hewelery shop for the first time and wondering if I should drop 7,500 yen on the ring for +1 str? It says the Wardrobe stat: armor goes up by like 12 though what is that good for?

Soul Lab

Maybe thats it. I've been playing on hard and savage enemy fights go basically like: escape fails, one hits for 100+, at least one other chains, likely killing the character. Rinse and repeat until wipe.

sounds like a fun xD I switched to hard mode only for boss battles. but the boss on chapter 2 made me to keep normal lol

Damn, I just received bad news, my trip to the US has been cancelled, I have to stay and work, so I won't be able to go and pick up my Limited Edition until god knows when

I have to say goodbye to this thread for the time being, don't want to spoil the game

Enjoy the game guys!!!! :D i'll play some hatsune miku future tone in the meantime n.n

N° 2048

Y'all are killing me! I wanna dive in and talk about this game so badly. I have a full day of work to finish up and this box is just going to be staring me in the face... More coffee. Faster typing. No proof-reading.
Clu0vlFWIAAyjtc.jpg

The mug and game case look like they are the knee of a giant man :p

Soul Lab

Ah okay makes sense!

One more question. I just went to the hewelery shop for the first time and wondering if I should drop 7,500 yen on the ring for +1 str? It says the Wardrobe stat: armor goes up by like 12 though what is that good for?

I guess armor gives you extra defence for normal attacks?

Tranquilo

Banned
The mug and game case look like they are the knee of a giant man :p

That's my wife, a giantess. I won't tell her what you said about looking like a man.

For those of you playing: I haven't watched any streams of the game. Thinking about streaming today on my channel. Should I start the stream from the beginning or is there a ton of opening cinematics / exposition to work through? I may just play through the beginning on my own, and start streaming once I get into the dungeon crawling / grinding.

Feeroper

I very much on the fence about this one, but the idol-centric focus is what kinda makes me hesitant. That is my main hang up. The reviews have been good and sounds like it is a solid game.

Soul Lab

I very much on the fence about this one, but the idol-centric focus is what kinda makes me hesitant. That is my main hang up. The reviews have been good and sounds like it is a solid game.

I was kinda on the same boat as you. The setting was almost too "anime" for me and I'm really not into Jpop/idol stuff. xD BUT I saw some battle footage in the treehouse stream last year and thought I can get past this setting if the gameplay is great. And guess what? The game is amazing. Even the setting is growing on me. I like it now.

Okay didnt know if there was a diff between that and the actual def stat

I'm not sure though. Would like to know that too

So guys, were the reviews right, is this game fun? I need screenshots, dammit. Thinking on picking this up tomorrow after work.

dark_haze

Neo Member
tumblr_o9ae89iw6T1uybfgko1_540.jpg

Gotta say, these lyric cards/single covers are excellent eye candy. The 2nd artbook is gorgeous too and has more details on the music videos compared to the full book.

Definitely one of my top favorite CEs. Now to play the game!

Top Bottom