• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Completely random question, but is there a Romanized/English list of the tracks on the soundtrack sampler? I imported it into iTunes, but I want to be able to read the artists and what the skits are about.

FluxWaveZ

Has anyone actually been "surprise attacked" by an enemy at the start of a battle?

(Radiant Skill spoiler)
Itsuki has a Radiant Skill called "Safety Leader"
which is described to give enemies a harder time getting a surprise attack on you at the start of a battle. I've never had this happen (on Normal), even when enemies would hit me from behind.

N° 2048

Got my copy, now we wait for work to end.

giphy.gif

Shun

Completely random question, but is there a Romanized/English list of the tracks on the soundtrack sampler? I imported it into iTunes, but I want to be able to read the artists and what the skits are about.

I don't know but I can transcript it later unless someone else already did it. It's just transitions where they introduce themselves before their singing performance and then thanking their audience before transitioning it to the next artist on the track.

The last two is just Barry Goodman being hella well... Barry and coercing Kiria into singing the theme song to his favorite magical girl anime, and then fanboying and over exaggerating about how amazing it was after she sings the theme song for Dear Witch Iroha.

Shun

Oki do you just get one for finishing 3? Had no idea where it came from...

You got it from
beating the boss for that chapter, Dohga.

You'll get more later.

You can get 16 total from the game story/sidestories, and potentially more at a low chance rate from the in game lottery.

Just finished the prologue. Man, I was not prepared for how much I'm enjoying this game!

I don't know much about Fire Emblem (only played Awakening) but I'm a big SMT fan. I was curious about this game when it was announced but when the first trailer dropped I lost almost all interest, it just didn't look appealing to me. But because of the positive buzz and the fact that my Wii-U was starving, I decided to give it a shot.

While I'm not a fan of the music so far, the setting is actually pretty interesting and as ridiculous as the story is, I'm enjoying it. The visuals are definitely lower budget than what we've seen of Persona 5 but the art style is great and the colors are so vibrant it excuses a lot.

Obviously, the fights have been pretty easy so far but I can already tell that the combat system is going to offer a lot of possibilities. It's a nice evolution of the press turn system. I'm very happy with my purchase, hopefully the rest of the game doesn't disappoint.

And a question for those that have already finished the japanese version : how long is the story? I kinda hope that it's not a 60 hours game as I don't have a lot of free time these days.

Vorpal

So do they always have to repeat the same phrase when switching between targets? I find it kind of silly lol

I'm about an hour and a half in and those switching-target dialogue lines made me lower voice volume to 0. Loving the game otherwise but, yeah, damn.

Peoples are saying main story takes about 25-30 hours. Around 60 hours if you complete every request/sidequests.

That's reassuring, thanks! 30 hours is a perfect length for an rpg for me. Persona 3 is one of my favorite games but it took me about 3 years to finally get through it, I would always lose interest after a while.

I don't know but I can transcript it later unless someone else already did it. It's just transitions where they introduce themselves before their singing performance and then thanking their audience before transitioning it to the next artist on the track.

The last two is just Barry Goodman being hella well... Barry and coercing Kiria into singing the theme song to his favorite magical girl anime, and then fanboying and over exaggerating about how amazing it was after she sings the theme song for Dear Witch Iroha.

Thanks! That would be amazing.

Now I just need to scan the cover to place as the album art. Ha ha.

Jolkien

So far early in the game I feel like the combat system is better than Persona. I didn't pick up the game expecting this. I'm almost sad Star Ocean is coming out so soon, too many jRPG. (Like there's such a thing :p )

N° 2048

So far early in the game I feel like the combat system is better than Persona. I didn't pick up the game expecting this. I'm almost sad Star Ocean is coming out so soon, too many jRPG. (Like there's such a thing :p )

I am Setsuna next month too.

ohlawd

Persona combat isn't even a high bar. AOA is the worst.

Got my copy from best buy. Was getting scared because they took about 10 minutes to find my special edition. Played for about an hour; the game has some very charming dialogue. The battle systems seems really good. The loading screens are going to get annoying real quick.

Does anyone know how to use the DLC from the special edition? I put in the codes and downloaded them, but I don't have any special costumes from the costume DLC, even after having the ability to switch costumes.

KLoWn

Is there a way to get your EP refilled for free? I can't remember how it worked in Persona.

*Edit*
Nvm, found it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, so listening to the CD (which wtf at no track listing unless you keep those karaoke cards in the exact order at all times), they actually kept in the tracks (odd numbered) of the characters just talking & being all "THANKS EVERYONE! OKAY, *insert character name here*, IT'S YOUR TURN!" or something.

Narras

Are there any major things I may miss (usually items) when I play this game? Most of the time I play blind, but hate finding out I missed out on something stupidly obscure.

Ulysses 31

Are there any major things I may miss (usually items) when I play this game? Most of the time I play blind, but hate finding out I missed out on something stupidly obscure.

If you do miss things on your first playthrough, take comfort in knowning that you'll need at least 3 playthroughs for 100%.

/s

Sölf

So I am roughly 4 1/2 hours in. Just defeated the second boss who on hard could nearly oneshot my characters. At first I thought hard wasn't going to be that hard, but enemy damage ramps up pretty fast. This is going to be interesting. I really like the game so far, the battle system feels like a somewhat evolution of the P4 one. Not sure which one I prefer, but thise one feels a bit more interesting so far.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Picked this up this morning and got to play about an hour before I had work. Loving it so far! Never played a game with just Japanese VA before, but surprisingly like it. Can't wait to get back home and dig some more time into it.

Sölf

How often do you encounter FOEs Savage enemies? Aside from the introductory one haven't had one so far. And they are "interesting" to say the least.

Sölf;208259958 said:
How often do you encounter FOEs Savage enemies? Aside from the introductory one haven't had one so far. And they are "interesting" to say the least.

I enountered them a few more times in the same dungeon. Don't think they spawn in set places but I could be wrong.

Velcro Fly

Finished the prologue

I just want more! If I didn't have to eat dinner right now I'd still be playing.

Everything just feels so good, even down to your sword swing to hit enemies being so fluid and quick instead of clunky and slow.

There's puzzles right?
It's not you typical empty dungeon roaming rpg stuff?

During the treehouse at E3, they peeked at a couple puzzles. None of them looked really involved; just simple ones, but the dungeons aren't going to be always just a giant hallway that you run straight through.

FluxWaveZ

Sölf;208259958 said:

The frequency at which they appear will increase gradually as you progress through the game.

But can you miss anything major? Like weapons/accessories or especially master seals?

No idea.

aBarreras

i find kinda funny that this game got a special edition easily available (i mean it had various restocks) and for Hyrule Warriors you got to go to freaking nintendo store on NY!, damn it nintendo i wanted that scarf :(

Ulysses 31

I just hate when I get into a game, enjoying the story, but then find out I just missed a really nice item because I didn't find a secret door, or figure out a hidden puzzle and I've already saved past it.

Sounds like you don't want games to have secrets anymore.

That doesn't sound like something to srtife for in game development. ¯\ (º_o) /¯

You'll need multiple playthroughs anyway to 100% the game anyway so just look up stuff after the first completing if that's what you're going for.

Shun

Ok, thanks.

Does anyone know? Will repost the question:

I just hate when I get into a game, enjoying the story, but then find out I just missed a really nice item because I didn't find a secret door, or figure out a hidden puzzle and I've already saved past it.

The game doesn't have a set time limit other than beat the game and forget about it. It's not like Persona where you need to do x quest or mission by x time, or Shin Megami Tensei where you need x thing to get x ending.

You won't be missing anything really key or major so long as you go through the game's story, look for treasure chests, and do side stories.

Those are how you get most of the master seals, you need to be getting materials for more carnage unities, which you can get by beating enemies.

You can't really miss the master seals unless you choose not to get treasure chests or take quests. You're guaranteed some via story bosses.

If you want to know something specific I can answer it, but you don't have to sweat it that much in this game in particular.

wishdom

BestBuy shipped it yesterday but won't arrive until Monday...

The wait is killing me but I guess that's a price to pay considering the pre-order deal (45 cad).

HeeHo

Sounds like you don't want games to have secrets anymore.

That doesn't sound like something to srtife for in game development. ¯\ (º_o) /¯

Well, how about not making things permanently missable then? It really does blow when you're trying to do a blind playthrough and you miss a bunch of stuff that almost no one would've figured out on their own. I'm looking at you, Dark Souls.

Top Bottom