• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Hugstable

Banned
Time to finally dig into this some more. Stopped right after I got savaged by the savage encounter. Gonna keep it on hard hoping these Savage encounters don't show up to often, if they do though might just bump it down to normal. My first savage encounter the enemy straight up 1 shotted both Itsuki and Touma, while Tsubasa was able to withstand 3 of them.

Thanks for the input. I sold my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles, but have actually been considering getting it on the Wii U VC to play it on the gamepad. I think the ability to play it while watching TV may motivate me to play it more.

Might bite on TMS though. I have a feeling this game may disappear and be hard to find.

You can play the Wii U VC version of Xenoblade on the Gamepad? Like just as the screen and I need to used Wiimote or Classic Controller Pro?

Ulysses 31

You can play the Wii U VC version of Xenoblade on the Gamepad? Like just as the screen and I need to used Wiimote or Classic Controller Pro?

There was an firmware update where the Wii U gamepad would act as a Wii Pro Controller if the Wii game supports it and XC does. This is for Wii VC only.

Chris R

Anyone know if Giant Bomb plan a quick look of this? Or if they aren't planning one, if there is a video that closely emulates the style of a quick look without delving too deep into a let's play type video>

How is this game so colorful and stylish?

Are we sure this was made by the same company who brought Persona 3 and Nocturne into the world?

Like goddamn, Persona 5 is getting a run for its money.

PQ was really stylish and colorful as well. Only time I've ever been able to appreciate chibi designs. Based Atlus.

I have to admit though, I'm sometimes a little shocked by the limits in this game compared to something like Xenoblade though. Tiny areas, tons of invisible walls. Really enjoying it all the same though, except for savage encounters.

Jolkien

Time to finally dig into this some more. Stopped right after I got savaged by the savage encounter. Gonna keep it on hard hoping these Savage encounters don't show up to often, if they do though might just bump it down to normal. My first savage encounter the enemy straight up 1 shotted both Itsuki and Touma, while Tsubasa was able to withstand 3 of them.

They seemed to show up randomly I got three on the same dungeon floor. Even on normal if they get you in a session the targeted character will most likely get exploded. I can't even imagine how strong they are on hard.

I really wished they'd patch in headset sound in the game.. sucks playing the game close to the AC blasting, but playing in swamp ass humidity is worse. Really wished I could use my headset in the controller.. it's baffling to me that in 2016 Nintendo still don't get that.

This game is great so far with first impressions. Hope it stays this way. Also noticed the box shows the controller support. So if you use that, do the emails pop on screen?

suikoden352

Neo Member
Went and checked my local Walmart and Gamestop to see if I could find a stray special edition, but was unsuccessful. Went ahead and bought it digital and bought the dlc that was being sold also. got an hour and a half till the download is done. Not carrying high expectations for the game so to not get bummed or disappointed if it's not the world burner. Gonna try and just enjoy it for what it is and see where it leads.

Tranquilo

Banned
Has anyone attempted to livestream this game using an Elgato Game Capture HD? For some reason, even though game audio was coming through loud and clear in the preview window of Elgato's software, I got zero audio in the stream. I tried on Twitch and YouTube. No audio. Couldn't figure it out... I'd love to stream some gameplay but I ended up just recording. It'll take forever to render and forever to upload... -_-

• Enemy runs into me
  • The enemies go first and kill 2 of my 3 party members
  • I try to run and it fails... 3 times
  • I eventually run with 30 health left

Yeah this is Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem all right. This gave me the same hilarious frustration and heart attack Nocturne gave me. Still a really fun time but holy hell did I not expect the game to go in like that.

dark_haze

Neo Member
Almost done with Chapter 1, absolutely loving the game so far. The style, presentation and (especially) the battle system are all top notch. I'm personally loving the story as it's very lighthearted and doesn't take itself seriously. It's very anime but in a way that's self-aware (like a parody imo).

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth was a personal favorite game for the year, but Sharp FE could(and hoping it will) trump it.

dragn

im just running away from savage even on normal, regular mobs are lvl 7 in chapter 1 and then savage comes with lvl 20+

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WELP, guess I shouldn't have tried the DLC dungeons right after unlocking them....I have a feeling the EXP one will result in more one-hit KOs on my party.

N° 2048

Welp, I love this game.
The freaking gamepad is used so well.

This game oozes style.

First thing I did was go back and read the txts that are already there when you start. I love the little profile statuses.

Vena

That said, the seiyuu work is indeed phenomenal. My friends weren't pulling my leg, this is some nicely done work and Nintendo picked some damn good actors.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"I can't imagine life without games! I always get day-one copies with the first-edition bonuses!"

GUYS. I FOUND A NEOGAF MEMBER IN THE GAME.

Velcro Fly

Just took down my first savage enemy encounter. Group was about level 9. One of Itsuki's special performances one shot it since it was weak to it and then the follow ups did a lot to the second one. They hit hard but I guess I was at the right level to beat them.

Hugstable

Banned
There was an firmware update where the Wii U gamepad would act as a Wii Pro Controller if the Wii game supports it and XC does. This is for Wii VC only.

Based on everything I've read, yes you can. Apparently the text can be a little hard to read though.

Thanks for this! Really need to pick up the Wii VC version now, I'm pretty sure my physical copy doesn't have the ability to play on Gamepad and Gamepad controls would be soooo much better than Wiimote (I can never find any classic controllers anymore :(.)

That said, the seiyuu work is indeed phenomenal. My friends weren't pulling my leg, this is some nicely done work and Nintendo picked some damn good actors.

Yeah the characters are really fun because of it. I love Tsubasa's reactions to things, especially when she turns on Kiria Fangirl Tsubasa mode. Touma is great too, like how he always speaks like a TV show hero. Barry is great too.

sora87

This game is giving me some serious jolly vibes, such a fun, colorful experience so far. Do wish we knew what they were saying during combat though...

Jolkien

Touma hero's spiel reminds me of One Punch Man. Just finished my first character side-story mission, I assume that's the Social Link equivalent and you get to know more about that person while doing them.

-Minsc-

Xenoblade VC at least is playable with just the Wii U pad, yes.

If only the Wii U was capable of doing that with the retail copy. This reminds me I have half the game to finish. Once I post this I'll be off to see if I can comfortably play this in bed.

As for the game of topic, what I've seen makes my JRPG sense tingle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still can't figure out what the girl in odaiba wants for that quest. Circle elevator? Safe to say i need to come back later?
My first thought was going back into that Idolsphere place you were in before. Guessing that's not it?

Edit: Oh, it is. Also, I see some kind of....Miku Mirage? A Mikurage?

So, uh, do Aversa's reinforcements spawn infinitely? Shit is driving me crazy on Hard (whole party is level 11).

I'm considering killing one and leaving the other alive to see if that stops them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reasons I am an idiot:
Reason 1: Accidentally running into a Savage Enemy and thinking I could take them because they looked like normal enemies.
Reason 2: Haven't saved since the beginning of the chapter.

This is a "I need to go ly dow" moment.

aett

I was going through the prologue and at each level I only gained a point in two or three stats - typical for my Fire Emblem experiences - and then Tsubasa got an amazing level:

Bywdqqv.jpg

I've only just finished the prologue but I am really enjoying the game so far. Definitely going to lose some sleep playing this.

knkng

My first thought was going back into that Idolsphere place you were in before. Guessing that's not it?

Dungeon NPC. They will sometimes have quests for you.

Just go into the dungeon in that area. You won't have to go far.

Really? I've run through the whole thing twice since the quest popped up and got nothing. Hmmm....

Edit: I've talked to that thing without completing the quest? I know in the next dungeon i had to talk to her a few times to get a quest off her. Guess I'll try that.

knkng

Really? I've run through the whole thing twice since the quest popped up and got nothing. Hmmm....

Edit: I've talked to that thing without completing the quest? I know in the next dungeon i had to talk to her a few times to get a quest off her. Guess I'll try that.

Get off the first elevator. Look on the floor.

I'm more bothered by the untranslated battle dialogue than I should be. Kinda ruining this for me.

Reaaally like that in-game menu though. Great idea.

Jolkien

Side quest question in the intermission between Chapter 1 and 2

Anybody know on which floor of the second Idolasphere Tiki=Waifu is ?

Nosgotham

Is this true??? I can't find anything online about this. Like, this will work for Wii VC as well?

Edit: Doesn't appear to be the case

No. Wii games you download on Wii U VC from eShop can use the gamepad as a controller and screen if it supported Classic Controller ....except RE4 for some reason

Top Bottom