• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

artsi

Seriously, the cell phone mechanic in this game is brilliant and I will be upset if Persona 5 doesn't end up having a similar mechanic. I kind of like running around and getting a new message sent to me from my team mates.

This is probably the best feature the gamepad has ever had. It could be done on the tv screen too, and I wish it was so I could go full pro controller, but it's still an amazing feature.

P5 has cell phone messages, but dunno how they exactly work.

I hope they're more like Catherine where you can respond yourself.

Ulysses 31

I haven't had a Wii U in about a year and a half, just ordered a new one to play this. Was waiting to see if NX would be backwards compatable but fuck it, I'll just keep it for all my Wii games as well. Can't wait to jump in, been having a Persona sized hole in my heart since beating Golden a little over 2 years ago. This and Persona 5 within one year is godly timing.

Tokyo MIrage Sessions #FE system seller comformed!

HeeHo

Played for 3 hours last night. At work now though. I was a little skeptical at first and I wasn't quite sure about the game but then it ended up being a lot like Persona which was a relief. I thought it was going to be extremely flamboyant and I wouldn't be ready for it.

I gotta say though, everyone should set the text speed to immediate and the BGM up all the way.

Really enjoying this game just have a question about how session attacks work. I noticed sometimes my team will do a session attack, sometimes they wont. How do you trigger an entire party to use their session attacks?

Really enjoying this game just have a question about how session attacks work. I noticed sometimes my team will do a session attack, sometimes they wont. How do you trigger an entire party to use their session attacks?

Both other party members have to have a session skill that matches the type of attack used.

Ulysses 31

If a monster gets attacked by something it's weak against, exmaple lightning, any teammember with a session attack that's also lightning dmg will join in.

Soul Lab

first you have to use an attack which is effective against an enemy.

Let's say you attack with Itsuki sword attack against an axe wielding enemy. he is weak against swords so you see a "weak" pop up. if a party member does have a session attack which responds to swords attacks it will trigger a session attack

Lusankya

You do an attack the enemy is weak to, then you need at least one party member that can do a follow up attack to the attack type of the initial party member and then you need a party member that can do a follow up attack to the second attack type and so on.

Played through the Prologue this morning and I enjoyed the game immensely! Looking forward to seeing what awaits in chapter 1.

My only complaint is that I have no idea of what's being said by the characters during battle.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finished the prologue and crafted my first weapon. So far it's been really fun. Totally feeling that this will be a solid SMT spinoff game.

I wish the PR went into detail about how sessions work. About how you get limited slots and you have to configure your party and figure out how to get longer session chains.

From the promo videos I saw, sessions just looked like tacked on animations + damage.

Dee Dee

Had to stop playing because it's Saturday and as a reponsible adult, I need to go out and meet people (also, take a shower and eat something...).

I unlocked the first warp point in the second dungeon (chapter 1). The story gets rolling really slow, it feels like I am still in tutorial mode. I just got introduced to Radiant Unity (lol, that brofist animation...). Also, the game clearly expected me to leave the dungeon and create a new Carnage for Tsubasa as soon as I aquired the necessary performa. Kinda angry I was too dumb and too engrossed in the dungeon, now she'll be behind on skills...

The drunk bunny emotes from Maiko are amazing.

Such a fun game, I am already sad now after 3 hours that it will be over eventually...

Cubas

I'm 4 hours in and wow, this is great!

The combat is super fun, the music is great and the characters are so great. I'm already in love with Tsubasa <3

Who needs Persona 5 this year if we have #FE?
:(

Razmos

Tsubasa's DLC costume is so good
latest

zaryn

Another game I just rushed out to buy on GAF hype. Someone mentioned this being like Persona 4.5, which instantly sold me. Playing through the Prologue now a loving it!

matmanx1

I'm living vicariously through your comments because I still don't have my copy. Amazon shipped my copy on Friday and expected arrival is Tuesday at which point I will be on vacation. Oh well, it is something to look forward to once I return!

lt519

Really want to play this, just watched the first hour look on Polygon and would love a good JRPG right now, especially how colorful this is. But, shallow or not, I can't get past the idol stuff. How much less will I enjoy the game if I just kind of mentally tune out of the audio?

NeonZ

Really want to play this, just watched the first hour look on Polygon and would love a good JRPG right now, especially how colorful this is. But, shallow or not, I can't get past the idol stuff. How much less will I enjoy the game if I just kind of mentally tune out of the audio?

The J-pop only really comes up in cutscenes. Most of the battle and assorted bgm doesn't use it unlike Persona 3/4.

Mediking

I'm really loving the simple yet good player choice for dialogue options! Also starting to like Itsuki and the cast way more!

Thud

Already saw a few game overs hah (hard).

There's a lot of atlus in this game not just persona. And sneaking fire emblem stuff inside. Level up theme <3.

Savages doing a session attack is scary af.

Coming off Trails in the Sky where you can restart any battle from the beginning should you be defeated I have to train myself to save.

Sadist

At the boss of the second dungeon... impressions so far;

- Tsubasa is amazing. Her text messages are so hilarious and adorable.
- Toma's VA = Josuke from Jojo? GREAT-O!
- Sessions system is a joy. You can really wreck some stuff.
- Savage Mirages are evil. I defeated a few Samantha's and the next Savage I encounter is a group of lvl 16+ mirages :|
- Designs of the mirages are awesome.

This game is so damn good. Just finished Chapter 1 and if the rest of the game keeps up this level of quality it's going to be hard to stop playing it. I didn't think anything out right now would pull me away from my Overwatch addiction but this is the most I've enjoyed an RPG since Persona 4.

lt519

Alright alright, off to buy it, we'll see if I can get past the anime/idol. My track record with GAF hyped games I know I probably won't like hasn't been too good.

Edit: this is your last chance GAF

Maxinas

One hour in and i'm enjoying it so far, can't wait to play it again after work
I can't stop thinking about it, and it's making it harder to focus at work :'(

I'm completely stuck on a part of chapter one. In particular I can't figure out
Where to go now that I've made it to the 6th floor of the idolosphere.I think part of it is I was stayed up late last night playing, and can't remember what I was doing.

Any tips on progressing would be really really appreciated.

Sadist

I'm just glad they didn't cancel it or skip the localization because of all the hate it got when it was revealed.
As always, people really need to play first before dismissing it. Don't get me wrong, I understand that for everyone interested in SMT x Fire Emblem this certainly isn't what we thought it would be, but man I'm so glad I kept faith in the guys behind the game.

Soul Lab

I'm completely stuck on a part of chapter one. In particular I can't figure out
Where to go now that I've made it to the 6th floor of the idolosphere.I think part of it is I was stayed up late last night playing, and can't remember what I was doing.

Any tips on progressing would be really really appreciated.

I guess you haven't reach the roof top? 6th floor.. hmmm. you have to work with the orange and violet dummy to get even higher. It's a small puzzle. switch to the right poses

EDarkness

These conversation choices are starting to worry me. There aren't any relationship things in this game, right? I'm trying to be nice to Tsubasa, but Kiria is too damn cool. Ugh. Just want to make sure I'm not locking myself out of anything.

Mediking

These conversation choices are starting to worry me. There aren't any relationship things in this game, right? I'm trying to be nice to Tsubasa, but Kiria is too damn cool. Ugh. Just want to make sure I'm not locking myself out of anything.

I wouldn't you pick 'ask me out?" to Kiria so bad but I didn't want to sound like a jerk. Haha.

Top Bottom