• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Dugna

Loving the game, it came a bit later for me because of some error on amazon's part. Chapter 1's cutscene change makes literally no sense
I mean they show her chest litterally in full unchanged view just moments before that cutscene.
I'm guessing most of the changes were just made only for a marketing standpoint...because the rest seems pretty solid.

"I'll Tiki-Tiki You (For Reals)"

Atlus & Nintendo going all out on the Miku references.

Oh, phew, for some reason, I figured they were optional. Just finished Touma's & now doing Tiki's.

Edit: omg I was just told to look for someone called "TikiIsMyWaifu" or "Tiki=Waifu", this is rather funny knowing this is a Nintendo game.

Should've been Nowi for the giggles and controversy

FluxWaveZ

Again, it's a real bummer battle dialogue isn't subbed. It seems like there are some very unique contextual battle lines, like between two specific characters who are paired up at the same time in a story relevant battle.

Javier

Finished Chapter 1. I'm absolutely loving this game, definitely more than I thought I would. The gameplay is great, and the Skill/Weapon/Carnage system is very good (specially once it "clicks").

Tsubasa is one of my favorite characters ever. She's adorable, she's hilarious, and her text messages are the best. I like the whole cast, too. Everyone has their quirks, and there's nothing about any of them that rubs me the wrong way.

Tsubasa for Atlus rep in Smash.

Jolkien

Is there a progress bar for stage ranks, or is it tied to something else (level)?

It seems to be calculated in the background. I had some rank up with a level up and some just on their own. The more final bnlow you deal the faster you appear to gain them. At least that what happened in my game so far.

"I'll Tiki-Tiki You (For Reals)"

Atlus & Nintendo going all out on the Miku references.

Oh, phew, for some reason, I figured they were optional. Just finished Touma's & now doing Tiki's.

Edit: omg I was just told to look for someone called "TikiIsMyWaifu" or "Tiki=Waifu", this is rather funny knowing this is a Nintendo game.

yup. in the japanese version, her name is tikiwaorenoyome-p. which is tikismywife. did they remove the -p in us version?

Kevtones

Wonder if Nintendo anticipated the good reviews and great wom/buzz..?

Interesting case study if this sells well.

Really love playing this.

Aeana

It seems to be calculated in the background. I had some rank up with a level up and some just on their own. The more final bnlow you deal the faster you appear to gain them. At least that what happened in my game so far.

Having side stories tied to stage rank but apparently no way to see your progress is very annoying, if there isn't.

Dad

Anyone have a suggestion on if I should be constantly swapping out characters or just find a team with good synergy and stick with them? I'm up to five characters now

Damn this game is amazing. Popped it in and was just going to take a quick peek, and now 4 1/2 hours later I am taking a break. And I am still in Chapter 1 haha.

Shun

Also I'm almost through with Chapter 2 of the English version and compared to the Japanese version, it's mostly inconsistent visual edits rather than a complete story change.

The gist of the story and message for the portion of the story is mostly intact, it's just a fashion shoot rather than your typical gravure swimsuit shoot that you see in magazines and serializations.

I haven't noticed any other vocal script changes yet, but the localization is pretty good up until this point. Some terms they use something else for the incident to understand or read better I guess.

I've been looking out for comparisons between the Japanese and English entertainment references, and the Miku and MEGADETH references are still in the game, but I seem to see the Young Animal (Berserk Manga Serialization) parody or reference in English, maybe it got switched with a different magazine?

I'll have to double check later. I don't have any streaming equipment or anything to meticulously go through and find every change.

I just wanted to let everyone in the thread that the changes so far that I notice comparing both regions is mostly "Questionable/inconsistent?" model and visual edits and the story and progression is mostly intact so far.

Tsubasa's character development is still intact between both versions.

They didn't do edits for every advertisement tho, some are in english and some are still in just Japanese. Such as the Iroha logo.

Aeana

Finally got Touma to stage rank 3 to do his side story. After seeing that, it's cute to realize that
all of his in-battle quips are taken from Raiga

CSX

Kinda sad right now that most of these fire Emblem characters are from Awakening. Guessing this game was in development during Awakening's popularity

Are the voice actors the same compared to Awakening?

Shun

Kinda sad right now that most of these fire Emblem characters are from Awakening. Guessing this game was in development during Awakening's popularity

Yes, Gintoki from Gintama still voices Chrom in this game, Kana Akutsu as Sallya.

they hired newer voices for older characters like Saori Hayami for Sheeda.

I need to double check for Anna, the one that works for HeeHo Mart, and Black Frost Anna. That one should be different.

Any Walkthrough yet? Is one even needed? Is stuff easy to miss in this game?

No you don't really need one unless you aim to 100% complete. So long as you look out to do side missions and side stories and pick up all the treasure you can, you won't really miss anything and you will have 90% of the game to get it.

Vena

Character-character interaction spoilers:
They are really laying the Kiria likes Itsuki thing heavy in her interactions with him and the side missions. And I guess Varja spells it out all the same as well.

Put about 14 hrs in and got to start of chapter 3. I'm probably moving too slowly by eating while playing and doing all the requests. I was kinda apprehensive of getting this game with all the fanservice (I'm a girl) but I seriously adore everyone, ESPECIALLY TSUBASA.

This game also doesn't take itself seriously and makes good pokes at some tropes lightheartedly, which is very refreshing. Kinda sad that this game may be the last of its IP, with the low sales in Japan. Hoping it'll do fairly well in NA and EU so we can get a sequel...

Rewind

I'm still confused on how experience is dished out. I thought if the person participated they would get full XP but it feels like it varies for the people not in the fight when it ends even if they did something in the battle.

Aeana

I'm still confused on how experience is dished out. I thought if the person participated they would get full XP but it feels like it varies for the people not in the fight when it ends even if they did something in the battle.

I seem to remember a tutorial message early on that said experience gained is determined by number of actions, so even people who are in the battle the whole time might get a different amount from other members.

Draxal

Majority's from SD, and well Shadow Dragon/Awakening are in the same world as well. Part of Awakening's popularity is that its such a callback to SD.

CSX

Majority's from SD, and well Shadow Dragon/Awakening are in the same world as well. Part of Awakening's popularity is that its such a callback to SD.
Majority huh? Right now where I'm at its about 50/50. Really hoping to see more characters beyond those two games.

Finished the first dungeon.

Game's really fun. Not sure how I feel about the use x amount of actions to get new skills thing. Reminds me a lot of Digital Devil Saga and I wasn't crazy about the devour mechanic there.

Still, I like the battle mechanics a lot.

later on you will gain skills that let sub chars gain xp as well.

Draxal

Majority huh? Right now where I'm at its about 50/50. Really hoping to see more characters beyond those two games.

There's really none, the cafe waitress kinda looks like Ilyana from PoR, and the jewelry store looks like Aimee, but that is it.

There's seven playable characters 4 with mirages from SD + Tiki is in her SD form instead of her Awakening form.

Shun

Girl about to dab on all the competition.

WVW69jVafk8sw8DyNf

Top Bottom