• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Rappy

I have a feeling Ch. 2 (mainly its dungeon) is gonna be the place with the most changes & the one thing that's not gonna sit well with me, but I'll wait & see it in person before giving my judgement.

At this rate, I wouldn't mind a complete list/comparison of everything that was changed in order that you'd see them.

Well a likely very decent restoration patch was just released a half hour ago, so you always have that option.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well a likely very decent restoration patch was just released a half hour ago, so you always have that option.
I'll see, not sure if I want to go through all the trouble, & it's honestly just this dungeon/part of the game because it actually plays into the story. Everything else, I can tolerate since I just look up online & be content knowing what it was that got changed.

Plasma

Banned
So I've just started playing and I've realised there is no option to turn on subtitles during battles which seems like a massive oversight.

Pre-ordered the game on Thursday (lol) due to the EZA stream selling me on it. I've never been a FE fan so it simply wasn't on my radar. But yeah, I'm really enjoying it so far - got up to the first Intermission last night before knocking out.

My only complaint so far is that there are no subtitles for battle. Oh and the censorship so far seems completely nonsensical, IMO. You see one boss' censored boobs and then immediately after are talking to a woman with like 70% of her breasts showing. But whatever, I guess.

Spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile NeoGAF. :(
Weird, it does for me on iOS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I've just started playing and I've realised there is no option to turn on subtitles during battles which seems like a massive oversight.
Yeah, this is pretty much the only real negative of the game. A shame, because that's really the only complaint I've heard from the otherwise positive reactions.

How much longer until I can do sessions that're more than just 2 combo?

came to this thread to ask about this. looks like its gonna have to be a youtube vid someone will have to make down the line.

It does suck but the rest of the game seems great so far. My wife is loving it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh and the censorship so far seems completely nonsensical, IMO. You see one boss' censored boobs and then immediately after are talking to a woman with like 70% of her breasts showing. But whatever, I guess.
Yeah, it seems inconsistent, especially when you read just how much was changed.

My only guess is the ESRB had some weird rules on what's allowed & what's not, and Nintendo wanted to keep the game T rated (could've sworn some early trailers had a warning that said they were expecting the game to be rated M) because they don't want their actual characters from E or T games in M-rated games. Cameos in stuff like Bayonetta 2 is fine/different.

Sadist

Yup, thats Tharja allright. Can't lose that part of you I guess.

Btw, about a sidequest;

I accepted a sidequest from a girl in Daitama and I need to look out for a round elevator. I assume it's in the Idolasphere, but where?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, thats Tharja allright. Can't lose that part of you I guess.

Btw, about a sidequest;

I accepted a sidequest from a girl in Daitama and I need to look out for a round elevator. I assume it's in the Idolasphere, but where?
It's the very first elevator you take in the idolasphere in Daitama

Completed the Prologue and I am greatly enjoying myself. It is only the first dungeon and they are already through roadblocks in the dungeon. It is so nice to see a console Atlus game with no random dungeons again.

I see the main character is super oblivious to the feeling of his childhood friend, and his childhood friend is too shy to express her feeling. I feel for Touma having to put up with that. As a Certain Magical Index fan, I can't help but compare Toumas. It doesn't help that TMS #FE Touma calls himself a hero.

Back to the gameplay. The first dungeon was a nice introduction to the basic structure to expect. I am glad to see enemies pop up instead of pure random battles. The battle system is solid so far. It is early in the game, so I have only scratched the surface so far. I like the session system and how you can create a big chain with the right skill. I had a big smile on my face the first time the level up screen showed up.

Performa. I wanted a persona user to yell that out in a future Persona game. I also like how during cutscenes the perspective sometimes zooms in on who is talking to better show their expressions.

I am just so happy this game made it over. The only negative I have so far is that battle dialogue outside of Boss talk is untranslated. It is a small negative.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh thank goodness, you can re-organize skills in the Status screen, was wondering how to do that.

Artists > select character > Y (skills) > you can press A & swap the order of skills, even the stuff like Sessions & Radiant.

Yo I'm just jumping in here but wondering if someone could help with a question. I'm interested in this game but I need to find that special edition.
3max.jpg

This one specifically. I can see it has the German and UK rating on it (USK and PEGI) but can't actually find where this edition is sold. All UK shops have just have the standard edition.
Is it just some obscurely rare edition that is only available from certain places or something?

Ulysses 31

Yo I'm just jumping in here but wondering if someone could help with a question. I'm interested in this game but I need to find that special edition.
3max.jpg

This one specifically. I can see it has the German and UK rating on it (USK and PEGI) but can't actually find where this edition is sold. All UK shops have just have the standard edition.
Is it just some obscurely rare edition that is only available from certain places or something?

It's a limited edition. bol.com still selling it for you Belgium/Dutchies.

Andyliini

They are mostly sold out, UK probably had a store exclusivity on GAME or something again. I have two, though. I could sell the other one, once it arrives.

Hedgey

Finally finding a use for my Wii U, and my pro controller with this game! However, I really wish you could have the option to get the text messages on screen. Whenever I check the LINE messages, my stream viewers are definitely left out.

...Plus it's really annoying to have to look at the gamepad screen

Ok I'm completely stumped on this side-quest:

I'm on Tsubasa's 2nd Side Quest where I have to find a cat. Or maybe I don't because she says she found it. Either way I can't find either of them and don't know where to find them. Does anyone know where they are at?

EDIT: I eventually found it out:
You have to talk to the people around the Mart. A couple of the NPCs give you tips then eventually if you walk next to a certain area you get the prompt and can complete the mission. I was thrown off because I was looking for either a Cat or Tsubasa rather then asking the NPCs for stuff.

Thud

Oh thank goodness, you can re-organize skills in the Status screen, was wondering how to do that.

Artists > select character > Y (skills) > you can press A & swap the order of skills, even the stuff like Sessions & Radiant.

Ah, I was thinking of tidying up the place.

When I pay 60€ for a game and get immediately hooked by playing 2 hours straight, it's a sign I'll enjoy it a lot.

Just finished the prologue, and it's funny to see the Persona, SMT and FE legacy in this. For now it feels more like Persona with FE as guests stars or cameo.

- I like games that are super colorful. TMS#FE fits right in.
- I also like J-Pop, so that is a plus for me (but really, why would someone who doesn't care about that buy this game ?)
- "Normal" and ambient music is pretty good.
- It oozes with style, be it the UI, the graphics, how the battles are played.
- Original Japanese dub is obviously a plus. It's a shame there aren't any subtitles for the battle banter, but well.
- The combat system is fun. I can see how tactical it can get when I want to chain Sessions.
- I'm probably one of the few but I actually like how the gamepad is used in this game, and being forced to look down the screen for text message like you'd do with your smartphone is clever.

So yeah for now I'm pretty pumped about this game. I can see myself pouring a lot of hours into it.
A shame it's going to be the last Wii U game I'm interested in before Zelda.

So any consensus on the difficulty settings? If you're a experienced at RPGs, and have played Atlus RPGs in general in the past, better to start on hard or normal?
If i understand correctly, best to play on hard or easy? Like exp and yen bonuses increase the further away from normal you go in either direction. Can someone confirm?

At any rate, I would recommend easy I guess? I was playing hard for a while but after the chapter two mini boss the difficulty spikes like a motherfucker.

Figure I'll save the grinding and shit for a later lunatic run.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
- I'm probably one of the few but I actually like how the gamepad is used in this game, and being forced to look down the screen for text message like you'd do with your smartphone is clever.
I like this too, I imagine it'd be close to real life with getting excited by checking friends remarks and reminders if I had any friends in real life.

jariw

I don't think you're one of the few. The Gamepad integration is fantastic in this game! The smartphone idea has been done in other Wii U games as well (such as Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover), but this game enhance it in so many ways.

twelver

Is there a way to change performas? I feel like ive unlocked a bunch from leveling up but dont know much about them. Thanks.

Gala

Just finished chapter 2 and this game is on the way to become my favorite JRPG of the year. I'm totally in that SMT/Persona drive again. I love everything about the game so far.

Also I'm on the hunt for Maca Leafs but can't find them. Any tips?

I got my first ad-lib performance this morning. So cool.

This game is really good, and it bothers me that it's probably going to bomb. I know there was rumblings of a sequel, and I'd love to see one on NX.

I want to play more, but I should go to bed. :(

Robin64

Just finished chapter 2 and this game is on the way to become my favorite JRPG of the year. I'm totally in that SMT/Persona drive again. I love everything about the game so far.

Also I'm on the hunt for Maca Leafs but can't find them. Any tips?

Grind til you go mad in Shibuya Idolasphere. Very rare drops.

Robin64

Oh. Which one? 106 or the other one? And do you know if they drop in the first areas or more likely in the later ones?

The other one. Go to Block 2, South 2F, then jump off the ledge. People have reported good success with this area.

eDN38b2.jpg

Wow, pretty big difficult spike on
chapter 2's boss.
Was thinking about switching to Hard but I think I'll just stick with Normal for this playthrough

Mupod

just heading into chapter 2 now but playing on hard I've made a point of hunting savage enemies to farm them. I ran into some level 21s that spawned consistently when I walked in and out of a door.

it's weird but RPGs only tend to hold my interest as long as they pose a challenge. I've dropped the last few SMT/persona games as soon as I made an unbeatable demon/persona. So I'll be staying on hard - you can save anywhere, so there's nothing to lose really.

Shin-chan

3max.jpg

In the UK it was Nintendo store exclusive and they sold out before launch I think.

Check places like other European Amazon sites that will ship here. I believe Nintendo LEs are the same everywhere (with all languages on the box)?

aravuus

Been a while since I've bought any retail WiiU games, I don't have to install the game or anything like that if I get it on DVD, right? Only got the basic WiiU with like 2 gigs free space, and I'm not currently planning on buying an external HDD for it.

I can't currently even play Smash cause it refuses to start without installing a patch, so I don't want the same to happen here.

Mediking

Well it was mainly the devil survivor team that worked on this so a devil survivor costume fits.

I'm willing to pay money for a Persona 3 costume for Itsuki. Tsubasa has a very similar Persona outfit and I have her wearing it nearly all the time. Haha.

Top Bottom