• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Anyone else having trouble with the first part of Touma's side story?

I have to kill 5 blobs, but they just don't seem to spawn. Is there a specific floor in the Daitama idolaspehere I have to go to? I can't remember where I fought these guys.

Vena

I have to kill 5 blobs, but they just don't seem to spawn. Is there a specific floor in the Daitama idolaspehere I have to go to? I can't remember where I fought these guys.

Just fight the Phantoms on the first floor right by the entrance.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I just fought them at the strip next to the entrance.

Sterok

Where's the third lucky spot for the fortune telling girl? The hint is diving board of the photography exhibit. I've searched all over the Shibuya Idolasphere that I can and haven't found it.

Vena

After XCX's handling of the main character being a background character/enabler (well, that and all the mystery surrounding Cross in general) to the real main character of Elma who was the linchpin of the entire narrative arc.

Its a bit funny for this to (obviously entirely unintentionally) continue now with Itsuki effectively fulfilling a similar role as the enabler for Tsubasa and (to a lesser extent) Kiria, with Tsubasa being the main linchpin of the story.

After XCX's handling of the main character being a background character/enabler (well, that and all the mystery surrounding Cross in general) to the real main character of Elma who was the linchpin of the entire narrative arc.

Its a bit funny for this to (obviously entirely unintentionally) continue now with Itsuki effectively fulfilling a similar role as the enabler for Tsubasa and (to a lesser extent) Kiria, with Tsubasa being the main linchpin of the story.

It is indeed odd, I'm not convinced that the approach of playing the bystander to the conflict of the central character of the narrative is compelling in this instance (or XCX for that matter).

Cherry

Banned
Anyone else have a glitch with Itsuki's animations during battle? When standing idle, he just has that standard game model pose, with his arms to his side and his sword stuck to his hand. He should be moving around like all of the other characters. Rebooting or changing costumes doesn't fix it. Unless this is his standard pose and I just never realized it...

It's this pose:

KilaPart06_2_00.jpg

Vena

It is indeed odd, I'm not convinced that the approach of playing the bystander to the conflict of the central character of the narrative is compelling in this instance (or XCX for that matter).

It certainly does afford you to go through very major character arcs, though, since "the player character" is free to do whatever they want while the "main character" is left to the devices of the plot. Itsuki is more defined than Cross, who could go from asshole to saint while running around half naked, but both serve as less restricted characters than, say, Tsubasa would as the main since her arc would be defined even more rigidly.

Its also nice to see that the main characters are strong/aspiring women rather than gruff everymans with a beard and a gun.

Vena

Duh 🦄🐬😍

I don't know how some of you are playing on hard, normal is challenging me enough. That second boss just wiped me out fairly easily..... Guess I'll go grind a bit.

Buffs/debuffs are a must, and good item options. Also pay attention to the weaknesses of weapons you have equipped. Knowing the FE weapon-triangle is also very useful.

L95

Anyone else have a glitch with Itsuki's animations during battle? When standing idle, he just has that standard game model pose, with his arms to his side and his sword stuck to his hand. He should be moving around like all of the other characters. Rebooting or changing costumes doesn't fix it. Unless this is his standard pose and I just never realized it...

It's this pose:

KilaPart06_2_00.jpg

I think it's pretty much his standard pose, his cape movement tends to hide it, from what I noticed?

Sadist

One gripe regarding sidequest with NPC's; no way to view the quests and the items are hard to find at times. Like finding the colouringbook/magazine; where in Shibuya is it?

One gripe regarding sidequest with NPC's; no way to view the quests and the items are hard to find at times. Like finding the colouringbook/magazine; where in Shibuya is it?

just a little south of the convenience store, Mabufu-mart or whatever it's called.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone just asked that last night, barely a few minutes after I finished it.

Go to Central City, head down to the left & then up past the Tokuseido place. Right at the edge, before the HeeHoMart sign, the "check" icon will appear. It'll say "there are a number of free magazines", then choose the 3rd one, the mama one.

Though yes, considering I'm now using the map to tell me where requests/side-location characters are, would've been nice if they marked where I needed to find certain things or a reminder of "hey, this is what you need to do"

FluxWaveZ

I might be misremembering, but I thought the first few actually do give the player a choice in what to write back. I think they should have used more of that over the course of the games, honestly.

That's true, and there are also texting dialogue choices later on in the game (I just got one at
the start of chapter 5
). It's unfortunately inconsistent.

Sadist

Someone just asked that last night, barely a few minutes after I finished it.

Go to Central City, head down to the left & then up past the Tokuseido place. Right at the edge, before the HeeHoMart sign, the "check" icon will appear. It'll say "there are a number of free magazines", then choose the 3rd one, the mama one.

Though yes, considering I'm now using the map to tell me where requests/side-location characters are, would've been nice if they marked where I needed to find certain things or a reminder of "hey, this is what you need to do"
Thanks! Man, I ran past that place a few times hehe. I just imagined the Heeho Market would have the magazine, but I was wrong.

But yeah, I agree. At this point in time my only real "problem" with TMS. Everything else works pretty good.

Triggered Kiria's first ad-lib enhancement for a skill and it is fucking amazing, these special attacks are so damn awesome in this game.
I should hopefully finish the second dungeon tmoz just got past the 1st boss. Its minions got absolutely pasted by Tsubasa's special attack.

knkng

Ok, so maybe I'm a dummy, but aren't there supposed to be commercials and TV programs and stuff that you can watch in this game? Where do you find this stuff? Every time I look at a video monitor it just gives me a dialogue bubble "Tsubasa's commercial is playing on the TV" or something like that.

Draxal

Ok, so maybe I'm a dummy, but aren't there supposed to be commercials and TV programs and stuff that you can watch in this game? Where do you find this stuff? Every time I look at a video monitor it just gives me a dialogue bubble "Tsubasa's commercial is playing on the TV" or something like that.

Unlocked in side quests or the main story.

Reszo

Is Itsuki always apart of the main 3 party? I noticed he is locked in there but does it ever let you use a party that doesn't include him?

Not that I dont like him, but I might want to switch it up later on.

_h8bit

Banned
About 5-6 hours in so far and I'm really enjoying it. Very good spur of the moment purchase. The combat is really fun and so far it doesn't feel really grindy at all.

Sölf

That chapter 2 sub boss is pretty brutal. I am happy I survived long enough to find out all weaknesses on my first try, but I honestly think it's pretty much impossible to recover on that one. I am happy I beat that one on the second try, but holy shit this one is no joke.

Aside from that, I think I am now in front of the chapter 2 boss. Not sure if I should try him or level a few more weapons, since I got quite a few (I think every character except Kiria has 2 weapons to level). Well, will do that tomorrow.

BTA

I pretty much went directly off finishing XCX to this (with a few days in between of playing other stuff) so that's also been on my mind too. I'm fine with Itsuki so far and I do think it makes sense for him to be the kind of character he is, since supporting others/being the director of combat works a little bit better for having the side stories and such, but I do think they could be doing more with his character and I get why people have issues.

knkng

Sölf;208415970 said:
That chapter 2 sub boss is pretty brutal. I am happy I survived long enough to find out all weaknesses on my first try, but I honestly think it's pretty much impossible to recover on that one. I am happy I beat that one on the second try, but holy shit this one is no joke.

Aside from that, I think I am now in front of the chapter 2 boss. Not sure if I should try him or level a few more weapons, since I got quite a few (I think every character except Kiria has 2 weapons to level). Well, will do that tomorrow.

I'm at the same place you are right now (in front of chapter 2 final boss). For the sub boss on my first attempt I killed all the regular enemies and then he would just attack me twice in a row each turn and kill my characters one by one. On my second attempt I decided to keep one of the regular enemies alive and found that the boss would split his focus, usually using his second attack to heal or buff or do something else with the other remaining enemy. Made things much easier for me.

totowhoa

Banned
Anybody know exactly how the armor stat works? How does it fit in with Res and Def stats? Not in the manual and I feel like the game hasn't mentioned it at all.

There's an accessory that greatly raises my speed by +12, lowers def and Res by 3, yet adds 7 armor points. Trying to get a feel for how that'll actually impact things

Rainy

Banned
Question about session skills. So both Tsubasa and Touma have a session skill that should follow sword skill attacks. Tsubasa's is phys/lance and Touma's is phys/fire (not sure if attributes matter). Will Touma's only be activated if the enemy is weak to both physical sword attacks AND fire? Because so far only Tsubasa's is activated every time.

Sölf

Question about session skills. So both Tsubasa and Touma have a session skill that should follow sword skill attacks. Tsubasa's is phys/lance and Touma's is phys/fire (not sure if attributes matter). Will Touma's only be activated if the enemy is weak to both physical sword attacks AND fire? Because so far only Tsubasa's is activated every time.

Sword -> Sword/Lance (Tsubasa) -> Lance/whatever

Sword -> Sword/Fire (Touma) -> Fire/Whatever

It continues the session with the new weapon/element.

Edit: Oh, misread the question. I am actually not sure myself, but after a few more levels you will have sessions with all characters anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Session skills are chains activated in a sequence, not from the origin point. So if they both have Sessions Skills activated from a sword skill, it goes:

1. Itsuki sword skill > Tsubasa Session Skill
2. Itsuki sword skill > Touma Session Skill

But not both. What matters is always the preceding session skill in a chain, not the attack that started it all.

Edit: Oh, I think I misread it as well. Since it seems automatic regarding whose skill is chosen, I figure the game itself decides whose will be most effective in that situation at a given time.

Touma's will activate if the enemy is weak against fire but not Lance attacks.

In general though the session skills will prioritize the longest chain, and then weaknesses/resistances

BTA

My understanding is that the system tries to pick whichever will work the best- I was just in a fight where I noticed that the same initial skill would cause different sessions based on which other weaknesses the enemy I selected had. I'm not sure how it would prioritize the second attack if they're both not effective, but it'll be considering the third attack, so it might be that Itsuki's sword -> Tsubasa's lance -> whatever Touma's is will be more effective than Touma's Fire -> Tsubasa's whatever is in the fight(s) you're seeing this in.

Rainy

Banned
Sölf;208416936 said:
Sword -> Sword/Lance (Tsubasa) -> Lance/whatever

Sword -> Sword/Fire (Touma) -> Fire/Whatever

It continues the session with the new weapon/element.

Edit: Oh, misread the question. I am actually not sure myself, but after a few more levels you will have sessions with all characters anyway.

Session skills are chains activated in a sequence, not from the origin point. So if they both have Sessions Skills activated from a sword skill, it goes:

1. Itsuki sword skill > Tsubasa Session Skill
2. Itsuki sword skill > Touma Session Skill

But not both. What matters is always the preceding session skill in a chain, not the attack that started it all.

Edit: Oh, I think I misread it as well. Since it seems automatic regarding whose skill is chosen, I figure the game itself decides whose will be most effective in that situation at a given time.
Okay yeah the bolded is what I was wondering. That's what I thought too. Thanks for the help!

Vena

Yeah, it seems to be his normal pose.

...of course, now I keep noticing it too.

I think it's pretty much his standard pose, his cape movement tends to hide it, from what I noticed?

I don't think thats his actual pose. I think its very similar because he stands like all Lord-like with one arm outstretched at all times and his other arm is in various positions.

Reszo

Lol has anyone else went shopping in the stores in Shibuya during a mirage attack? The shop clerks are all drained and out of it but they will still sell to you lol.

BTA

Lol has anyone else went shopping in the stores in Shibuya during a mirage attack? The shop clerks are all drained and out of it but they will still sell to you lol.

It even keeps it up if you're doing requests; I had to do one in a cafe and everyone in the background was still drained. It's a really funny touch.

It's this pose:

KilaPart06_2_00.jpg
Maybe the intern got fired.

BTA

I like her regular outfit... :(

I don't know if it's the hair or the eyepatch or both, but something about her default outfit just seems like it's overdoing it and not just over the top in a fun way, if that makes sense? Her first performance's outfit just fits better with the others for me.

Even if it cost 50k yen.

Top Bottom