• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

FluxWaveZ

Also, small detail for anyone who might have missed it: the "Contacts" profile descriptions of the characters will change as you finish character side stories.

JayEH

Should I (or can I even?) be going back to old dungeons like persona 4 to fight extra bosses or anything like that?

Vena

Should I (or can I even?) be going back to old dungeons like persona 4 to fight extra bosses or anything like that?

You can always go back and fight Savage Encounters, which are harder than some bosses depending on the enemy spread.

There's plenty of requests which will have you going back to old dungeons to do various things.

And there seems to be a few inaccessible areas on a first visit, which I'm sure will open up eventually.

Rainy

Banned
I really like how switching characters doesn't take up a whole turn. Makes it easier to distribute experience around. Reminds me of a bit of FFX in that whole switching aspect.

Dugna

... Please come with me to hit on girls.

��

Whats funny is even that is like only just to push their career forward, I love my Toku bro.

and Spoilers
I got Elenora, love her animations during fights.

Overall this game has stellar presentation for how little the budget probably was, I hope this team makes more games like this probably without having to tie itself to SMT or FE so it doesn't come with baggage.

aBarreras

so it seems everyone is enjoying the game so far, i already got my copy, but a work emergency wont let me play till tomorrow if im lucky :(

So what's the deal with risk in Sessions? Most of the of the time an icon for risk doesn't show up but on rare occasions its there. What risk is there in doing a Session?

Got the Radiant Unity for Kiria so she can join in on Session Combos while in the subparty and it's great. Can't wait to get this for everyone else. I almost don't want to use her in my party now just to take advantage of these 4-person chains.

BTA

I don't have much time to play today but I started chapter 3's dungeon. I'm noticing that I'm not getting much 2-star prestige though; should I switch back to 2's dungeon? I definitely need more ASAP and I guess I could do it through farming both macca items...

zroid

Banned
Dumb question before I start playing, please humour me...

If I use the Pro Controller, do I still have to keep the GamePad handy like in Xenoblade, or does all that shift onto the TV?

So this is a pretty damn good jrpg right? What's your verdict, GAF?
Very good game so far. Feels like a fresh Megaten spin-off kinda like Digital Devil Saga did. Combat system is great and the dungeon design is also good. Story and OST leave a bit to be desired, but the characters are all pretty likable.
Dumb question before I start playing, please humour me...

If I use the Pro Controller, do I still have to keep the GamePad handy like in Xenoblade, or does all that shift onto the TV?

Same as Xenoblade

Man, Chapter 2 boss was a really good fight and I love his design. If you let his adds stay without taking care of them he'll wombo-combo you into oblivion, but you can also just drop his accuracy and raise your evade and he'll never hit you. Lotta ways to do the fight and if you mess up it can get out of hand REALLY fast. Really really enjoyed that fight and as I said the design is super cool.

And yo, Maiko in those overalls, FUCK. I take back what I said, I'm completely okay with all of this. Except her not being a party member. Or dateable.

Come back Chie, why you being such a bitch

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
holy shit guys

this game is great

best old-school, stats & menus JRPG I've played in a while

So I just wrapped up all the side stuff during the intermission of Chapter 1... got a "trophy" that said I completed 10% of of all side stories, and my playtime is 11 hours 20 minutes. Holy shit.

Doorman

Picked this game up somewhat at a whim after my interest in it has wavered up and down over time (also, it was actually available in new condition in an actual store, unlike Odin Sphere). I've been in need of a solid party-based RPG for a long while and this is hitting that really well.

I'm part of the way through Chapter 2 so far, exploring the early parts of that dungeon, and it's been a decently fun ride so far, though not without its hiccups. A lot of the non dungeon-crawling aspects of the game have felt kind of slow so far, with a lot of traveling around from location to location for fairly minimal bits of dialogue. I'm not entirely sure how to go about improving their current formula but I do hope things continue to open up more in that aspect at least. Otherwise the continual progression of gaining new unities, skills, and level-ups while going through dungeons feels satisfying, since there's always some sort of improvement going on or something being unlocked every couple of fights. And, as has been said, the menu screen is pretty great, which is a very strange bit of praise to put onto a game. :p

zroid

Banned
un fucking believable. My 9 year old TV decided tonight would be a great night to die on me and stop turning on.

The RNG goddess is cruel.

un fucking believable. My 9 year old TV decided tonight would be a great night to die on me and stop turning on.

The RNG goddess is cruel.

If you believe in yourself, truly with all your heart, through the power and motivation of your friends, your true performa will reveal itself and make everything better.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Still waiting for the game to get to me :/

Also fully expect it to be a crushed box

GameStop shipped my CE in a damn envelope. Fuckers. Ridiculous tax. No discount. Shipping isn't free. Game cost me like $94. And they put it in an envelope.

That said, it arrived MINT! :) So, don't lose hope!

Rizzi

GameStop shipped my CE in a damn envelope. Fuckers. Ridiculous tax. No discount. Shipping isn't free. Game cost me like $94. And they put it in an envelope.

That said, it arrived MINT! :) So, don't lose hope!

I would be absolutely livid if someone posted a CE in an envelope to me.

CSX

Hopefully this is just a dumb question but do party members gain ranks if they battle in
(slight gameplay spoilers) the
arena
?

Mupod

I feel like all I do is screw around with savage enemies. When they aren't being cheap bastards they are interesting encounters and a good way to level up fast.

Also the chapter 2 boss took me like half an hour and a bazillion items, jesus. Not giving up on hard mode though, he never actually wiped my party...

FluxWaveZ

Pls stop. Pls stop the bullying

I just got an 18 Session, most of it of course being Overkill: http://i.imgur.com/HwG490r.jpg

I'd appreciate it if someone could share a screenshot of how the "entering combat" screen looks like when you get "Surprise Attacked." Someone in the thread previously said that the characters had upset expressions and I'd like to see it; I don't think I'll be getting one before I'm done.

Reszo

I just got an 18 Session, most of it of course being Overkill: http://i.imgur.com/HwG490r.jpg

I'd appreciate it if someone could share a screenshot of how the "entering combat" screen looks like when you get "Surprise Attacked." Someone in the thread previously said that the characters had upset expressions and I'd like to see it; I don't think I'll be getting one before I'm done.

I just got my first surprise encounter. Was with a rare enemy which is weird since i ran into his back.

Delio

Man Mamori is such a GOAT in battle. Tanking everything and jumping infront of everyone AND heals. Tho I guess Tsubasa will outpace her healing wise.

Top Bottom