• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

I heard there is one and you need to talk with everyone in the epilogue to get it

A did a google search and found a Gamefaqs post that says you need to complete all side quests before talking to everyone in the epilogue, I wonder if thats true?

Reszo

So I just figured out a way to quickly grind up carnage weapons.

If you kill all but one enemy and spam buffs (not as effective with debuffs) for like 10 rounds or more then your Carnage weapon will go up like 1-2 levels.

I figured this out because I was trying to get through a few of Tsubasa's weapons.

Probably wont do this anymore unless I fall behind on someone's weapons again but it was a good way to get a few skills fast so I can get to the strongest weapon available.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
How do you get particular enemies to respawn? I need a Samantha material but I'm too high leveled for them to appear.

How do you get particular enemies to respawn? I need a Samantha material but I'm too high leveled for them to appear.

I had trouble finding that as well. On your first go through, the samantha's were the savage enemies, but now they should appear as normal enemies in that area. There are a few different enemies there, so you prob won't get them every time.

Also, a heads up for everyone when the see a gold enemy appear:
They (or at least the one I've tried it on) will always appear in the same spot if you walk a little bit away and walk back to that spot if you aren't able to catch it the first time you see it.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I had trouble finding that as well. On your first go through, the samantha's were the savage enemies, but now they should appear as normal enemies in that area. There are a few different enemies there, so you prob won't get them every time.

Also, a heads up for everyone when the see a gold enemy appear:
They (or at least the one I've tried it on) will always appear in the same spot if you walk a little bit away and walk back to that spot if you aren't able to catch it the first time you see it.
Yup just had to go to the second floor. Thanks!

jasonng

So is there no way to turn on subtitles during battles? Not understanding their banter is severely hurting my enjoyment with this game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is there no way to turn on subtitles during battles? Not understanding their banter is severely hurting my enjoyment with this game.
Sadly, no. Part of me kind of hopes they could patch it in, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that actually happening.

Genuinely surprised by the Persona 5 cynicism on the past couple of pages. Dungeons in P5 look really awesome and a far cry from the dungeons in P4 and P5.

It's been 8 years since P4. Seems silly to assume that they aren't going to try and improve on that game in the interim.

Tirod

Finished Chapter 1 and I really like Kiria.

Is there a good team composition out of the first 4 that includes her? Playing on Hard Tsubasa's EP pool has been great for healing when I need it, but Touma seems integral for my sessions. Itsuki has Dia I suppose for when I truly need it, but his effective healing isn't nearly as good as Tsubasa.

Advice?

Velcro Fly

Is there a good team composition out of the first 4 that includes her? Playing on Hard Tsubasa's EP pool has been great for healing when I need it, but Touma seems integral for my sessions. Itsuki has Dia I suppose for when I truly need it, but his effective healing isn't nearly as good as Tsubasa.

Advice?

You can switch in battle and it is pretty much encouraged since they all have strengths and weaknesses. And if they get a turn in battle they all get XP, so you probably won't have to catch anyone up unless you just flat out refuse to use them.

Tirod

You can switch in battle and it is pretty much encouraged since they all have strengths and weaknesses. And if they get a turn in battle they all get XP, so you probably won't have to catch anyone up unless you just flat out refuse to use them.

Oh so this game has switch ins like FFX basically? I didn't actually go into battle yet, I was just looking at my artist screens once I reached Intermission.

That makes kicking Tsubasa out to bench-warmer all the easier then. :p

Advice?

I did pretty much the entire second dungeon with Itsuki, Touma, and Kiria. Healing isn't needed much in TMS since items/money are plentiful and you are encouraged to frequently leave the dungeon. Further the relative ease of the game, even on hard, meant the team didn't take damage most fights.

Rainy

Banned
Oh so this game has switch ins like FFX basically? I didn't actually go into battle yet, I was just looking at my artist screens once I reached Intermission.

That makes kicking Tsubasa out to bench-warmer all the easier then. :p

It's actually really similar to FFX yeah, you don't lose a turn for switching in either. Just remember that you CANNOT switch out Itsuki.

Doorman

So far the Chapter 2 dungeon has been a lot wonkier to navigate compared to the first few. In Illusory 106 it always felt like it was relatively simple to keep a mental map of where you were and how to chart a course to continue onward, but this next dungeon with all the elevation changes and all the areas looking pretty samey, I suddenly lose track of things as soon as a fork in the road happens. The map's not all that helpful at-a-glance thanks to all the elevation changes, too.

I'm making my way forward in it well enough, but I can't help but feel like there are a bunch of treasures or secrets I'm missing out on because as soon as I pass on an area, remembering how to get back to it is weird.

quick, should I bother with Life Drain on Tsubasa? Or is it not worth it?

Currently have:

Dia +1
Skewer +1
Tarukaja
Zan +1
Media
Sukukaja

Also, is there a list in general anywhere for everyones best skills/optimal skillsets?

BTA

I'm about to fall way behind on this thanks to ZTD but I did
Ellie's
first side story. I'm very pleasantly surprised; they could have easily kept the more serious/friendly aspects of it for the second or third one and made the first one more comedic and played up the tsun, but nope, good from the start.

Also: I feel like I haven't praised the subtle animations in this game nearly enough. Especially all the little facial expressions/moments of eye movement that go a long way to making the VNesque scenes much more expressive and fun. It's a really nice touch. Makes me feel bad when I end lines before the voices are finished, too...

Velcro Fly

Should go without saying but make sure you save before every boss door. Playing the game blind and not knowing what is ahead, it is very easy to just have a party member get killed instantly because they are weak to enemy attacks. Not fun at all. Having one party member weak to the boss and another weak to the regular mobs in the fight sucks. I wish I could deploy just two instead of burning revival items.

Curufinwe

How do you revive a dead party members without using a revival bead?

I thought going back to the Fortuna Office would restore everyone to full HP and EP.

BTA

You can't track how far the leveling for stage ranks is, right? Like a bar or something? Couldn't find it.

Go to the artists screen. On the initial screen with everyone on it, you'll see yellow symbols (twinkling stars?) on the bottom of their cards that show their overall stage rank progression. The blue ones on top show how many side stories you've done.

Frimaire

How do you revive a dead party members without using a revival bead?

I thought going back to the Fortuna Office would restore everyone to full HP and EP.

You need to buy a drink/food.
There's actually a vending machine in the Fortuna office, as well as all over the city.

Go to the artists screen. On the initial screen with everyone on it, you'll see yellow symbols (twinkling stars?) on the bottom of their cards that show their overall stage rank progression. The blue ones on top show how many side stories you've done.

Right but it doesn't show the actual progress between ranks which is the question.

Cubas

I'm stucked at the Chapter 2 dungeon. Can somebody help me out?

After I ~unlocked~ the red bridges and got the treasure chests I have no idea what to do.

Velcro Fly

I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I have two party members that are getting hit and it is saying I'm weak to the attack but the two party members aren't weak to the same thing. Just incredibly frustrating to fail and die and have no idea why half my team is weak to this mystery attack when they don't share a weakness.

Velcro Fly

Finally beat this dumb fight. Anyone happen to know what the chapter 2 dungeon mini boss does that makes Kiria and Tsubasa both weak to his attack? He was basically killing whichever one of them was out on every single turn he got and there was nothing I could do. I even checked their weapons thinking I missed something really obvious but it doesn't seem like they were weak to the same thing. Unless the thing just had two different attacks that looked similar.

Just felt like BS since I couldn't hide them both and they were just getting killed over and over.

Peff

I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I have two party members that are getting hit and it is saying I'm weak to the attack but the two party members aren't weak to the same thing. Just incredibly frustrating to fail and die and have no idea why half my team is weak to this mystery attack when they don't share a weakness.

Weaknesses depend on your currently equiped Carnage Unity. If you're having that much trouble, go back to the Bloom palace and change their weapons so that they're no longer weak to those elements. You may have to use mastered weapons and miss out on the experience, but it's not that big of a deal.

EDIT:Whoops, late!

I can't stand the j-pop idol stuff but this game is legit fun. Only about 6 hours in but I'm really enjoying it. Actually makes the wait for Persona 5 even harder.

Reszo

Chapter 3 dungeon end spoilers

Lol Itsuki is such a MC, why couldn't he just tell Mamori how to use her performa on Draug. I feel like it would've been more special if Mamori or Barry (since it was his former Mirage) did it .

Don't worry about Intermission. If you have stuff available to do, then go ahead and do it, otherwise just continue with the next chapter.

When a character quest becomes available, you will get a notification via text message with a map marker included. This can happen at any time (for example, you will probably get a couple to unlock during chapter 2), and you are free to complete them whenever you want. I think the intermission is just there so you can complete any collected side quests without interrupting your primary objective, but really, you can just drop everything and do it whenever you want with no consequences.

This is good to know, thanks.

Maybesew

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the game audio out of the headphone jack on the game pad? I couldn't get it to work last night.

Top Bottom