• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Raysoul

Hi guys, do you know where to find hi res promotional art for this game (specially the sticker included on the Special edition, if that doesn't count as a scan)?

Dee Dee

So I am the only one that can't get over Touma's Gaia outfit. Huh.

Also, what was that Tsubasa second side story dumbness. I don't nyanderstand.
At least I now have Open Audition! Too bad she hardly does damage...

Last point: Fuck the drop rate for Inferno Force and the fact that I need three of them for Carnages. I got 2 so far and 16 of the monster's other drop. Fuuuuuuck!!!

Sölf

Chapter 3 boss was the stuff of nightmares. I think it took me 5 tries or so to beat that one.
And on my second try I nearly won, only to have that stupid healer respawn and heal him back to over half his health and I couldn't recover from that.

Anyway, chapter 3 done. Did a few more sidequests and sidemissions. Aside from Tsubasa's third and Kiria's second sid mission I still have Ayaha's third side quest (those enemies oblitared me before I started C3, I guess that will no longer be the case) and also the second fortune telling quest. Where is that one? "Second floor of green something". I would guess in 106, but I either ran past it or it's not there.

Draxal

Sölf;208681464 said:
Chapter 3 boss was the stuff of nightmares. I think it took me 5 tries or so to beat that one.
And on my second try I nearly won, only to have that stupid healer respawn and heal him back to over half his health and I couldn't recover from that.

Anyway, chapter 3 done. Did a few more sidequests and sidemissions. Aside from Tsubasa's third and Kiria's second sid mission I still have Ayaha's third side quest (those enemies oblitared me before I started C3, I guess that will no longer be the case) and also the second fortune telling quest. Where is that one? "Second floor of green something". I would guess in 106, but I either ran past it or it's not there.

Fortune Quest Spoilers
106 second floor

While I'm loving the game, I'm finding some details...irksome, to say at least :

- Traport. While it is good to have a quick travel option à la Goho-M/Goba-K/whatever I'd rather have me teleported in the Bloom Palace directly instead of the Fortuna Office.
- Estoma skill. While being useful (it prevents weak ennemies from appearing), it would've been nice to ask you if you wanted to use it again when it runs out instead of having to go to the menu and redo it all again.
- Fast travel. I think it would've been better to be able to do it indoors too in the normal world.
- It would've been nice to have more than one standard battle theme, or battle theme with lyrics.
- The battles could be a little more clear, it's difficult to see at times what ennemies you have and/or are targeting. But this is me nitpicking.
- Maybe I'm not that far in the game but it would've been nice to have an auto-battle option that automatically targets ennemies' weakness like SMT IV.

Currently in Chapter 3. I can't wait to unlock more systems and characters to play with.

How long is the game by the way ?

L95

- The battles could be a little more clear, it's difficult to see at times what ennemies you have and/or are targeting. But this is me nitpicking.

I wasn't sure if I was just being blind or not, yeah, I agree. Some battles have some readability issues for me. It's not a huge issue, but it does bother me lol

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Roommate is playing on Friendly difficulty (he told me not to ask), but I'm playing on Hard. I'm not seeing much of a difference between the two. Is it like Safety from the Persona series where if he dies he'll restart the battle or something?

3rd dungeon down, this intermission is going to be focusing on the side stories for the cast, really like them kind of like a lite social link from persona.
Also it took me a few minutes to notice that the regular seller at the hee ho mart is Anna, feel a bit silly not noticing it earlier.

L95

3rd dungeon down, this intermission is going to be focusing on the side stories for the cast, really like them kind of like a lite social link from persona.
Also it took me a few minutes to notice that the regular seller at the hee ho mart is Anna, feel a bit silly not noticing it earlier.

As far as I can tell, the majority of the vendors are FE character look-alikes. Aimee/Larabel, Ilyana, Cath... I'm more excited to see new shops than I should be <.<

Rainy

Banned
While I'm loving the game, I'm finding some details...irksome, to say at least :

- Maybe I'm not that far in the game but it would've been nice to have an auto-battle option that automatically targets ennemies' weakness like SMT IV.

Currently in Chapter 3. I can't wait to unlock more systems and characters to play with.

How long is the game by the way ?

I'm almost certain I saw an auto-battle option while you are looking through a member's skills in battle. But maybe I was seeing things.

And I heard 8 chapters.

I'm almost certain I saw an auto-battle option while you are looking through a member's skills in battle. But maybe I was seeing things.

And I heard 8 chapters.

There may be a Radiant Unity skill for Itsuki for auto battle that targets weaknesses, but as of where I'm at(end of ch4), it's like P4 where it just spams normal attacks.

And 8!? Wow, that's a bit more than I was expecting. I've already put in 35~40 hours(Granted, I like farming and doing all the sidequest/requests), and I'm still not done with Ch 4, yet. Nice!

And I heard 8 chapters.

There is an auto-battle option (by pressing X) but it's like the basic one in SMT IV or Persona 3/4 : the characters just take turns doing basic attacks.

What I was talking about was the "Pinpoint" function in SMT IV which was basically the same except it automatically used skills based on the known ennemies' weaknesses.

Famassu

Apparently I'll be playing this after all! Just got delivery notice from the store I pre-ordered the Fortissimo Edition from that previously said that there wasn't enough stock to fulfill my order.

Omnicent

And I heard 8 chapters.

There is an auto-battle option (by pressing X) but it's like the basic one in SMT IV or Persona 3/4 : the characters just take turns doing basic attacks.

What I was talking about was the "Pinpoint" function in SMT IV which was basically the same except it automatically used skills based on the known ennemies' weaknesses.

You go to tactics, set up your team/charcter ai tactics, then press the x button to auto-battle.
You have to setup the ai tactics to not have it spam regualr attacks.

Tactics is one of the options you can select in the command wheel.

Bigg_Oggy

Currently in Ch.3

-I don't have a dedicated healer yet, I have an abundance of items that heal fairly well. I don't know if this will change as enemies get tougher (playing on Normal difficulty)

-Tsubasa might be my weakest party member (not level wise, but damage output). Her magic is dwarfed by Kiria and does little physical damage, so...what do I use her for?

Reszo

Currently in Ch.3

-I don't have a dedicated healer yet, I have an abundance of items that heal fairly well. I don't know if this will change as enemies get tougher (playing on Normal difficulty)

-Tsubasa might be my weakest party member (not level wise, but damage output). Her magic is dwarfed by Kiria and does little physical damage, so...what do I use her for?

Same here, I'm on chapter four and noticed I have a abundance of money even after buying everyone jewelery so I always have a lot healing items from the store so I dont really have a dedicated healer

You go to tactics, set up your team/charcter ai tactics, then press the x button to auto-battle.
You have to setup the ai tactics to not have it spam regualr attacks.

Tactics is one of the options you can select in the command wheel.
That still doesn't do what I was talking about : when you select tactics the characters act on their own even if I am not in auto battle.
Currently in Ch.3

Tsubasa as healer/buffer maybe ? :p

Sölf

Slight aside, but probably a decent place to ask: what's the best Fire Emblem game on Wii U/3DS virtual console? I've been meaning to pick one up.

Only 7 and 8 ("Fire Emblem" and "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones") are available on the virtual console, right? If so, it doesn't really matter, both are good games. Sacred Stones is probably the easiest game in the franchise, so if you never have played a Fire Emblem (or tactical RPG in general) this one might be a better first game. Main reason why it is easy: It allows grinding on the world map. Most FE games, like FE 7 (simply "Fire Emblem" in the west) send you from one mission to the next with no option to grind except in a so called "Arena" which only appears every few chapters (and if a character dies there permadeath still kicks in). FE 8 (Sacred Stones) has a traversable world map with random encounters, so you can grind your units if you have problems.

FluxWaveZ

Tsubasa's speed shouldn't be overlooked; it's something that's really come into play late game. Combined with some of her Special Performances, and she's actually pretty good as a healer/buffer.

-Horizon-

Finally got the game. A bit dented in a corner, art book had a bit of a fold crease on the cover but overall better than what happened to my Estival Versus box.

Played for almost 4 hours (game says 5 though because I left it running idle when I had to leave for a bit lol).

Really cool so far. I also really like the characters, Tsubasa is great and Tiki is too pure for this world. Finished up the prologue and am on the next dungeon in the first chapter. My only gripe so far is the lack of subtitles during the battles and the intros to some battles and whatnot.

Also, all praise the messaging system. Best thing ever.
I've heard Catherine did it too but I never played it.

Bigg_Oggy

That still doesn't do what I was talking about : when you select tactics the characters act on their own even if I am not in auto battle.

Tsubasa as healer/buffer maybe ? :p

Tsubasa's speed shouldn't be overlooked; it's something that's really come into play late game. Combined with some of her Special Performances, and she's actually pretty good as a healer/buffer.

Healer/buffer, eh? Okay, I'll try this out.

Thanks guys.

Sölf;208690581 said:
Only 7 and 8 ("Fire Emblem" and "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones") are available on the virtual console, right? If so, it doesn't really matter, both are good games. Sacred Stones is probably the easiest game in the franchise, so if you never have played a Fire Emblem (or tactical RPG in general) this one might be a better first game. Main reason why it is easy: It allows grinding on the world map. Most FE games, like FE 7 (simply "Fire Emblem" in the west) send you from one mission to the next with no option to grind except in a so called "Arena" which only appears every few chapters (and if a character dies there permadeath still kicks in). FE 8 (Sacred Stones) has a traversable world map with random encounters, so you can grind your units if you have problems.

This is perfect, thanks!

Anyone know where to get more (later chapter 3 spoilers)
master seals?
I was expecting to find more of them, but I'm at the end of chapter 4 now, and I haven't seen another one yet.

Brakke

Banned
Put a bit of time into the 106 dungeon this morning. Most of my peoples got up to Stage Rank 2: what's up with Stage Ranks? They seem to advance arbitrarily? Is there something I should be doing to try and make them happen?

Put a bit of time into the 106 dungeon this morning. Most of my peoples got up to Stage Rank 2: what's up with Stage Ranks? They seem to advance arbitrarily? Is there something I should be doing to try and make them happen?

Actively use the character in battle as opposed to leaving them in the subcast.

Anbec7

Amazon just gave me the game... aahh yess!
Sadly I'm at work lol, any tips for a beginner? I'm readying that is something different from the basic formula? Should I start on hard difficulty?

I only have three cast members rn. But there's no meter or indication anywhere of how far along I am? Can I make it grow faster by any means? Or just wait for it to happen?

You can only have three members out at one time, and you'll be getting more than 3. Using them in battle gets them closer to getting a stage rank. As far as I know, there is no way to check, but I may have missed something...

Amazon just gave me the game... aahh yess!
Sadly I'm at work lol, any tips for a beginner? I'm readying that is something different from the basic formula? Should I start on hard difficulty?

I recommend hard. It's not unbearable and makes for a good challenge. Try to get skills from your weapons and don't skip ahead unless you just really, really don't have a need for the skills. It doesn't take a turn to switch out party members, so abuse that and make sure that your party stays about even, so you'll be ready for any encounter. Lastly, just have fun and don't take the story too seriously! I'm really digging the game, and I hope you do too!

IIRC Stage Rank increases from starting or participating in Session Combos. Later on, party members will eventually get the ability to join in on combos even when they're in the sub party so it's much easier to manage. It lets you focus on characters with a lower Stage Rank better.

There's no real progress bar for it from what I can tell and that sucks.

Anbec7

I recommend hard. It's not unbearable and makes for a good challenge. Try to get skills from your weapons and don't skip ahead unless you just really, really don't have a need for the skills. It doesn't take a turn to switch out party members, so abuse that and make sure that your party stays about even, so you'll be ready for any encounter. Lastly, just have fun and don't take the story too seriously! I'm really digging the game, and I hope you do too!

Alright, I will. Also thanks a lot I was actually not that interested in the game but after reading the reviews and Gaffers own opinion I think I'll have a blast with it

Delio

Dunno if you can tell me but does Mamori do well enough as a healer? I know she started with Media but im wondering if she gets up to the Diarahan level stuff.

Top Bottom