• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

I love how you can mess with Tsubasa's head with some answers in dialogue.

This combined with Itsuki being dense as a blackhole makes the whole thing funnier.

Do anybody know where I can find
the cat named little devil
from Tsubasa second story ? Thanks.

Sölf

This combined with Itsuki being dense as a blackhole makes the whole thing funnier.

Talk to a few people, they will more or less send you to an alley near Hee-Ho Mart. I had to talk to 3 I think, but I don't really remember where they were. Maybe it's enough to just talk to people near said alley.

Sölf;208698627 said:
Talk to a few people, they will more or less send you to an alley near Hee-Ho Mart. I had to talk to 3 I think, but I don't really remember where they were. Maybe it's enough to just talk to people near said alley.

If I'm remembering right, talk to a student at shibuya station. He should tell you to go to Hee-ho mart. Someone there should tell you to go north, I think, and then you should be told to go to an alley. Something like that iirc.

Bigg_Oggy

I am really loving all the dungeons so far. Varied design and puzzles/objectives are really neat.

My experience with P3/P4 dungeons were 'find the stairs, go up the stairs, find the stairs, go up the stairs, mini-boss, repeat', so TMS is pretty refreshing.

pantsmith

So I got the first(?) sidequest from the Fortune Club girl, but have no idea what to do about it. Am I supposed to revisit the first dungeon?

Sölf

So I got the first(?) sidequest from the Fortune Club girl, but have no idea what to do about it. Am I supposed to revisit the first dungeon?

If you have problems:

Talk to her again, she gives you a tip. Or read below.

Go to the first dungeon. After using the first elevator, a bit down the road something is shining on the floor. That's the item she is referring to.

Shun

Anyone know where to get more (later chapter 3 spoilers)
master seals?
I was expecting to find more of them, but I'm at the end of chapter 4 now, and I haven't seen another one yet.

You get like 3 total from Chapter 4, 2 from bosses and 1 from a treasure chest.

The rest can be found after Chapter 5 when you're able to break the walls with the red seal on them in dungeons.

The rest you get them from end game, certain side stories, a request, and via lottery.

You get 16 total if you look for them, and potentially more if you're lucky with the lottery.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You get like 3 total from Chapter 4, 2 from bosses and 1 from a treasure chest.

The rest can be found after Chapter 5 when you're able to break the walls with the red seal on them in dungeons.

The rest you get them from end game, certain side stories, a request, and via lottery.

You get 16 total if you look for them, and potentially more if you're lucky with the lottery.
I got 6 and I'm before chapter 5...

Shun

I got 6 and I'm before chapter 5...

Yeah you got your first 4 from the story bosses/treasure, and the 5th from Tsubasa's side story.

Not sure if you completed any other ones, but you should only have 4 by chapter 4 if you did not finish any of the side quests or do any lottery.

Oh man, I just barely by the skin of my teeth got through the chapter 3 mini boss on my 3rd try. Lots of switching, items, healing, and no lucky ad-libs. Too bad my 5th character died and didn't get any experience. If I tried to revive her at the end there, I would have lost for sure, since my other characters were at 10hp lol.

Anony

anyone know what the differences between the difficulty is?
i'm so fucking tried of scrolling through the minions only to arrive at the boss under leveled and getting destroyed
then have to grind another hour or so to lvl up
i'm already on easy, do i want to put it on friendly

Is there any consequences when making choices? Or are they just some pick-whatever-for-fun kind of deal?

From previous posts I've read here, people say you can lose something from Tsubasa (maybe it was her side quest?), but that is only if you pick almost every single negative option you come across, and it's pretty hard to do it accidentally.

I feel like I'm missing something, but is there something like a traditional JRPG's inn in this game, where your HP and EP will be replenished?

Makonero

I just had the game lock up on me. SO FRUSTRATING.

Now I have to do that stupid Barry side-quest again.

I feel like I'm missing something, but is there something like a traditional JRPG's inn in this game, where your HP and EP will be replenished?

Eat at a cafe/drink something from a vending machine. It also raises the luck of certain characters!

FluxWaveZ

Dunno if you can tell me but does Mamori do well enough as a healer? I know she started with Media but im wondering if she gets up to the Diarahan level stuff.

She'll never be as good as Tsubasa's healing abilities, but she makes up for it with her Special Performances, buffs and protection.

I just had the game lock up on me. SO FRUSTRATING.

Now I have to do that stupid Barry side-quest again.

Haven't had it happen to me, but I've been hearing a fair amount about #FE locking up on players (particularly in Bloom Palace?). I've been saving while keeping that in mind.

Save often. Those savage enemies are savage.

Chapter 2 miniboss done. Glad I had the buffs/debuffs set up and bought a dekaja stone which made the beginning of that fight so much more managable.

FluxWaveZ

Save often. Those savage enemies are savage.

Chapter 2 miniboss done. Glad I had the buffs/debuffs set up and bought a dekaja stone which made the beginning of that fight so much more managable.

I just smoke machine them if I'm not ready. They never actually get the jump on me and I've never encountered a Surprise Attack in my 48 hours of playing, so I don't actually find them roaming around the field that menacing.

I just smoke machine them if I'm not ready. They never actually get the jump on me and I've never encountered a Surprise Attack in my 48 hours of playing, so I don't actually find them roaming around the field that menacing.

Same here, but I thought i could take them in chapter 2 like I did in 1 and I got fucked in one turn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, seeing how fast this thread is moving reminds me I need to get the time to get back to this. Might try to finish Ch. 2 tonight, then get back to it more on my next days off since I don't have Zero Time Dilemma yet.

Do you get the ability to hold more skills later on? Only 6 feels limiting now that I have to choose which I want to get rid of.

Lilo_D

Chapter 2 down, It feels good I can utilize all buff/debuff, different items, cast switch and sessions stuff together to beat this boss. Feels so GOOOOOD

Luke_Wal

How long would you guys say this game is? I have limited game playing time in July before I leave for all of August, and I would definitely want to finish this before I leave. Are we talking P4G length (~50 hours for me) or FE length (~20-25 depending on grinding)?

Also: would playing this burn me out on the Persona formula before P5?

squadr0n

This game is soo much better than I expected.

Just finished the intro dungeon, met Tiki, and am about to have my first dance lesson lol. When is a good time to do the DLC dungeons that came with the CE?

Couple of skill questions:

1. Is it worth it to keep Dia on Itsuki, or should I just dump it?

2. Are the -slayer skills worthwhile? How about the attacks that also reduce stats? Should I be favoring any of these over the regular attack skills?

Vecks

How long would you guys say this game is? I have limited game playing time in July before I leave for all of August, and I would definitely want to finish this before I leave. Are we talking P4G length (~50 hours for me) or FE length (~20-25 depending on grinding)?

I'm still early in the game, but people have been saying 30-40 hours for a normal run.

Even though the combat is kind of like persona, there's no real "social life" aspect, besides side stories. You don't really have the whole day to day thing like in P3 or P4, so I think it'd be different enough and short enough to avoid getting burned out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
....wait, so why is Tsubasa blushing wearing these clothing in ch. 2? She shouldn't be embarrassed having to wear those kind of clothes.

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF BROKEN, CAN'T TAKE THIS GAME SERIOUS ANYMORE

"I'm not embarrassed!" BUT THEN WHY WERE YOU BLUSHING

Kouriozan

Holy difficulty spike, I'm at Daiba TV end boss and I need some good training.
Well I can survive a bit but the ennemy chain session and instantly kill someone, poor Touma/Eleonora can take more than 1k damages from it :lol
Then I try to keep up with the healing/reviving/dealing a bit of damage >.<

FluxWaveZ

....wait, so why is Tsubasa blushing wearing these clothing in ch. 2? She shouldn't be embarrassed having to wear those kind of clothes.

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF BROKEN, CAN'T TAKE THIS GAME SERIOUS ANYMORE

"I'm not embarrassed!" BUT THEN WHY WERE YOU BLUSHING

Eh, I can buy it because she's still taking on a modeling gig and she has to put herself out, there, regardless of the clothes. Where it doesn't make sense is when they keep talking about how brave Tsubasa is for wearing what she does.

lt519

Actually just finished Chapter 1, thought I did before but guess that was a mid level boss. Really fun battle system and the final fight was awesome. Started skipping some basic encounters though.

What level did everyone finish chapter 1 at? I was at 14 but didn't have any major problems. Get wrecked in a savage encourage where they were 6 levels higher when I was at 10 but that's about it. I did have 3SP points for the final boss so that was helpful clearing out the adds to start to get off on the right foot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf at this Ch. 2 boss & this difficulty spike on Normal

OH SORRY, DID YOU WANT TO REVIVE SOMEONE, NAH GONNA KILL THEM VIA 3 COMBO SESSION OH BTW BOSS GETS TO ATTACK TWICE IN ONE TURN

Kyrios

Actually just finished Chapter 1, thought I did before but guess that was a mid level boss. Really fun battle system and the final fight was awesome. Started skipping some basic encounters though.

What level did everyone finish chapter 1 at? I was at 14 but didn't have any major problems. Get wrecked in a savage encourage where they were 6 levels higher when I was at 10 but that's about it. I did have 3SP points for the final boss so that was helpful clearing out the adds to start to get off on the right foot.

I beat chapter 1 at level 15.

About 14 on hard mode for reference.

From the social side it's very different from persona. No calander system and no social links as well as the cutscenes being much shorter before you find yourself in the next dungeon (not to say there isn't character focused side stuff or a decent amount of custscenes because there is). From a gameplay perspective, there's some similarities in the combat, but the sessions system and how you equip gear and learn new skills makes it feel much different from Persona's combat and demon fusing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, are you kidding, I can't skip cutscenes?

Sure, I can fast-forward, but it's still frustrating when it's a bit of a lengthy cutscene right before a boss.

Lilo_D

wtf at this Ch. 2 boss & this difficulty spike on Normal

OH SORRY, DID YOU WANT TO REVIVE SOMEONE, NAH GONNA KILL THEM VIA 3 COMBO SESSION OH BTW BOSS GETS TO ATTACK TWICE IN ONE TURN

Just give it another try! utilize everything you have

FluxWaveZ

Anyone know what "Bane Skills" are? There's a passive ability called "Martyr Expertise" which "Raises the power of Bane Skills," but I've never heard of the term outside of this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just give it another try! utilize everything you have
Yeah, did MUCH better this time because I used spells to up my defense & lower the boss' hit/evade. Plus I think Tsubasa was more helpful than Touma as I think Touma was weak against the boss.

Also, they changed one of the choices. "I think I might be falling for you" was originally "I think you should've showed more skin" or something among those lines. Though because I figured that was a "bad" choice, I didn't want to risk seeing if they secretly made the new choice "bad" as well.

Top Bottom