• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Just beat the Chapter one boss.
Wow, I wasn't expecting the main "missing sister" thread to be solved so soon. I also love how the session system works. It really makes you prioritize adds more than you typically would. I feel like the game is perfect difficulty wise on hard so far, and while there may be adequate amounts of Atlus Bullshit later on, so far the game has played like a dream.
I am surprised how long the dungeons are, though. Especially compared to P3-4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
go home, maiko, you're drunk

also, what, I got a Play Record for talking to 100 female NPCs & it's called "City Hunter". Is that a reference to the manga series?

FluxWaveZ

Sometimes I'll select a skill and then the game will wait a bit before deciding to pull it off. I imagine it's calculating in the background whether it wants to give me an ad-lib or not, or use the passive universal ability of
waiving the EP cost
. Bums me out when neither of those happen.

I assume it comes from this: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Beastbane

And they just bracketed all the of "exploit" weapons under "banes".

Ah, okay thanks, that makes sense. They probably could have done a better job explaining that in #FE, but it's nice that they do generally have good descriptions for what everything does. A real difference compared to the Persona 3 FES days, when it was my first Megaten game.

Chase17

Just finished up chapter one. Enjoying the game a good deal so far. Was surprised by how long the dungeon was though (although it's actually kind of preferable to have a long dungeon this early on as they do a good job with the teleporters acting as check points). Looking forward to seeing where the game goes from here.

Question about intermission. I'm in between chapter 1 and 2 and don't yet have access to any of the side stories. I was wondering if I need to grind up two of the party members now so I can start them or if they will still be there after chapter 2?

CSX

Not done with the game yet but i already want another SMT + FE collaboration.

Overall this game felt like a SMT game with FE characters/units. If Atlus and Nintendo decide to team up again, I want them to flip it around. Make it a FE game with SMT characters/units.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just finished up chapter one. Enjoying the game a good deal so far. Was surprised by how long the dungeon was though (although it's actually kind of preferable to have a long dungeon this early on as they do a good job with the teleporters acting as check points). Looking forward to seeing where the game goes from here.

Question about intermission. I'm in between chapter 1 and 2 and don't yet have access to any of the side stories. I was wondering if I need to grind up two of the party members now so I can start them or if they will still be there after chapter 2?
They'll still be there

Shun

go home, maiko, you're drunk

also, what, I got a Play Record for talking to 100 female NPCs & it's called "City Hunter". Is that a reference to the manga series?

Yes, which was later adapted into an over exaggerated Korea Drama which was popular too.

If you think it is a reference to something in entertainment whether it is music, movies, games, cinema, animation, fashion, etc., it likely is in this game. The team was really meticulous about everything.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Think I might be under leveled. I'm 27 for the mid chapter 3 boss..

Wasn't 27 the recommended? If that's the case then you're a bit under. I always try to be 5 levels above the recommended cap when going into boss battles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
27 seems a bit low. My team is 25, 26, & 27 right now, & I'm at the intermission between chapters 2 & 3. Though I'm the type to try & do as many fights as I can to stay "prepared".

....omg, Touma's 2nd side-story.
This is gonna be Persona 3's Operation Babe Hunt & trying to get phone numbers in Persona 4 Golden, isn't it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Great, I need to remember where I saw those NPC mirages now that I found the arena. I know there was one in 106, and I think two in the Shibuya one. I found one in Daitama as well. Am I missing any?

Brakke

Banned
Finished the Shibuya 106 dungeon but there's a wall or two in there I never destroyed? Not like the kind that you have to hit from behind, but a different kind. What gives with that?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finished the Shibuya 106 dungeon but there's a wall or two in there I never destroyed? Not like the kind that you have to hit from behind, but a different kind. What gives with that?
Maybe you'll be able to break them later on.

Just resumed my playthrough, finished Chapter 1 and this game is legit good, the battle system is tons of fun, a lot better than One More for sure. I'm kind of surprised the dungeon had some good level design behind it, it wasn't random.

Now, time to do some side stories! :D

I have a question though, if I skip any side-stories when I'm on Intermission between Chapter 1 and 2, will I be able to tackle them later between Chapter 2 and 3?

Tanis

Chapter 2 complete on Hard. I'm really glad I went with Hard, it feels like the intended difficulty for the game. No grinding and no bullshit deaths so far. Items are really useful for boss fights.

One question, can you get +1 versions of the buff/debuff spells? I was planning on replacing buff/debuff spells on my party since you can get them all through items.

Can someone help me WITH chapter 4 boss?
Excellus keeps changing weaknesses and resistances. And yashiro is a trouble too

You can also figure out the resistances by paying attention to what it looks like. Burnt might mean that ice is strong against it. Really green = weak to lightning, etc.

"Give me" duo art is soooo awesome. Easily my favorite of the three I have so far.

daemonic

Banned
Just finished Chapter 2 hard mode. I was at level 25 and the boss did tons of damage. Had to use a lot of items to survive. Currently exploring during the intermission,
Maiko's drunk
. Some of the side quests are poor, pointless events that send you to random places just for a checkpoint, and then you're asked to return. Perhaps if the loading wasn't so frequent it wouldn't be a chore.

This game really feels like Persona 4.5.

dark_haze

Neo Member
Can someone help me WITH chapter 4 boss?
Excellus keeps changing weaknesses and resistances. And yashiro is a trouble too

I'm having trouble with this too. I down half of
excellus's
HP before he uses whatever spells he wants to curb stomp the cast.... I'm Lv. 42 btw.

...Chloe the Cat wasn't enough >_<

FluxWaveZ

Finished the game. 50 hours and 45 minutes; did most of the side quests (except for a bunch of all but 1 of those store clerk ones) and did all of the side stories.

The whole #FE saga (including everything from the SMTxFE teaser, its re-reveal, its localization, etc.) sure was an interesting one.

Will that just happen tho? Is it someone's Radiant Unity or whatever? I'm not super psyched at the prospect of going back into dungeons I'm over leveled for... is there something there to make that interesting?

I think I've heard that there are master seals there in some of them. That's worth it by itself imo.

Reszo

Couple of skill questions:

1. Is it worth it to keep Dia on Itsuki, or should I just dump it?

2. Are the -slayer skills worthwhile? How about the attacks that also reduce stats? Should I be favoring any of these over the regular attack skills?

I would just dump Dia, he doesnt really need it.

I also find slayer skills a waste of space, finding the enemy's weakness is prob better.
Attacks that reduce stats are pretty good so far but I'm only on Ch. 4 not sure if I will dump em for stronger skills or not. But I have space for em and I use em regularly

Kyrios

Chapter 1 Intermission as of right now.

I went into a savage mirage fight for shits and giggles...suffice to say I'll be avoiding those guys like the plague lol

Think I might be under leveled. I'm 27 for the mid chapter 3 boss..

A bit late, but I was able to do it on hard mode with Itsuki 28 and everyone else 26-27. It was pretty hard, and I scraped by with one guy dead, and the other in the red lol. You just have to play it really well.

I was hoping that somehow a ska song would make it into this game. After playing Tsubasa's first side-mission, I'm happy to hear one made it in. Hope there are a few more later on.

I'm really enjoying this game. After trying Persona 3 & 4 and not really able to get into them, I wasn't sure if I'd like this one. I've never been into the whole idol thing, but I really enjoy the entertainment industry setting. I would definitely like to see this become a series.

Just got the first request in the chapter 1 dungeon, are they listed in the UI anywhere or do you just have to remember them yourself? I assume the game isn't going to overload me with them at all if that's the case.

Socivol

This game is so fun I haven't played a game this obsessively in a long time. I do wish you could use the shoulder buttons to change characters though.

OuterLimits

Really enjoying the music in Chapter 1. Game is great with headphones. Just ran across those super tough enemies that you can't stun with your sword. Next time I will follow the advice of running away.

Razmos

The chapter 4 idolasphere was not fun lol

Also if you are a completionist, be aware that Master Seals to change classes can be found in chests

Oddish1

I just beat chapter 4 and after hearing how tough the boss was I was surprised I breezed through it fairly easily. Maybe I was overleveled? I did it with Itsuki at 44 and everyone else at 42.

Top Bottom