• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Kiria's 3rd sidequest was awesome. Very unique encounter and the fight music was amazing. First time I've encountered it in the game but I hope it pops up again.

Think I might have been underleveled for it though. Enemies were Level 44 and obliterated my Level 33 party. However I got through it using Attack Mirrors. Netted 7 4-Star Performas as well which was a godsend because I needed them to craft a new carnage for Itsuki.

Question about intermission. I'm in between chapter 1 and 2 and don't yet have access to any of the side stories. I was wondering if I need to grind up two of the party members now so I can start them or if they will still be there after chapter 2?

BTW you are not limited to doing side content during intermissions. Side quests will still pop like normal during the Chapters themselves.

GuySloth

Neo Member
Can someone help me WITH chapter 4 boss?
Excellus keeps changing weaknesses and resistances. And yashiro is a trouble too

The color changes will indicate what spells the boss will be casting and what spells it will be weak to. When it turns brown and starts double-casting you'll find that he's weak to everything. It might be a good idea to use items such as the ones that aoe heal or reflect abilities when that happens to keep up with heals or deal massive damage. I went into the fight with 3 special filled up as well in order to nuke the other guy so he would leave the fight asap before his counter spam.

GuySloth

Neo Member
Anyone know what "Bane Skills" are? There's a passive ability called "Martyr Expertise" which "Raises the power of Bane Skills," but I've never heard of the term outside of this.
It's referencing abilities that are specific to wyverns, horse riders, armored units, etc. If you're wondering if they are worth it I made Chrom a conqueror and went hard into sword and physical abilities. The bane abilities opened up a lot more options for sessions and they do a ton of damage for me; I also don't know how people set up their Itsuki's but I have a few extra master seals lying around if I ever want to balance him out and explore other builds.

FluxWaveZ

It's referencing abilities that are specific to wyverns, horse riders, armored units, etc. If you're wondering if they are worth it I made Chrom a conqueror and went hard into sword and physical abilities. The bane abilities opened up a lot more options for sessions and they do a ton of damage for me; I also don't know how people set up their Itsuki's but I have a few extra master seals lying around if I ever want to balance him out and explore other builds.

I didn't find much use for them so I'd usually get rid of them as my first picks. (Not really spoilers, but to be safe):
There was one that was useful against the final boss, though.

Kevinroc

I've finally finished the first chapter and am currently at the first intermission. I don't have to do the sidequests for my party right away, do I? They'll be there later, right?

(Or is there a good place to grind so I can unlock their sidequests?)

Frimaire

Kiria's 3rd sidequest was awesome. Very unique encounter and the fight music was amazing. First time I've encountered it in the game but I hope it pops up again.

Think I might have been underleveled for it though. Enemies were Level 44 and obliterated my Level 33 party. However I got through it using Attack Mirrors. Netted 7 4-Star Performas as well which was a godsend because I needed them to craft a new carnage for Itsuki.

Haha, I just did this exact same thing as well.
Nice way to get those 4-star performas.

Edit: Oh my fucking god
Duo arts
are so good!

Rainy

Banned
Just beat Chapter 3's mini-boss

Beat it on the first try but goddamn it's annoying how a lot of the bosses have multiple turns in a row. Honestly the hardest part of this one was killing off the Red Mages before they casted mediarama and undid all the work you just did.

Tsubasa's special skill "Happy Smile" (or whatever it's called) came in handy a lot during this battle; costs only 1 SP and fully heals your party and increases your defense/hit/evasion. Saved my ass during some tough spots.

Also what's Yashiro's problem?! Wonder if he joins your party later...I actually haven't been spoiled on that yet.

So am I just bad or is it really hard/impossible to fully explore the chapter 1 dungeon?
There's a bunch of areas I couldn't figure out how to reach.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So am I just bad or is it really hard/impossible to fully explore the chapter 1 dungeon?
A bunch? Hmmm there are I think 2 that you can't.

lol Chap 5 boss was ridiculously long (probably because I had a link that would kill my sessions), but easy and loooooooooooooooong.
Got 450k yen, all carnages on-hand 0 to maxed and 14/22 Star Prestiges.

EDarkness

There are quite a few areas you won't be able to access yet. Just do what you can and come back to those spots at a later date.

Frimaire

(Mid-game mechanics spoilers I guess)
Does anyone know if you can switch freely between classes once you've unlocked both of them?
Do I need to max out everything to do in one before moving on to the next?
Should I pick the one I like least visually/stats wise first so that I eventually end up with the other?

-shadow-

I wouldn't mind this kind of RNG happening more often!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yzsxo.jpg

Hobbun

Ok, in the Shibuya 106 dungeon now. All characters are level 8, Star Rank 1. Haven’t finished the dungeon yet, but have run into two savage encounters. One I was able to run from, the other I got wiped.

I left off in Fortuna office, needed to go back for some much needed carnaging for Tsubasa and did Unity Radiances for all three characters.

I wish there was a way to monitor your Star Rank progress. I hate not knowing where I am before gaining rank or what exactly I need to do to raise it. All I know is you ‘participate in battle’. But what ‘exactly’ do you need to do in battle to put progress in raising star rank?

Also, what gives you Star Prestiges? Is it for every session you complete?

And is there only one dungeon per chapter? I keep hearing everyone referring to “Chapter 1/2/3/etc” dungeon.

Ok, in the Shibuya 106 dungeon now. All characters are level 8, Star Rank 1. Haven’t finished the dungeon yet, but have run into two savage encounters. One I was able to run from, the other I got wiped.

I left off in Fortuna office, needed to go back for some much needed carnaging for Tsubasa and did Unity Radiances for all three characters.

I wish there was a way to monitor your Star Rank progress. I hate not knowing where I am before gaining rank or what exactly I need to do to raise it. All I know is you ‘participate in battle’. But what ‘exactly’ do you need to do in battle to put progress in raising star rank?

Also, what gives you Star Prestiges? Is it for every session you complete?

And is there only one dungeon per chapter? I keep hearing everyone referring to “Chapter 1/2/3/etc” dungeon.

Participation is battle is the big thing. Some say sessions, but I'm not sure and don't remember it being said. At the same time, sessions come so easily that they'll probably be in sessions regardless.

Stsr prestiges can be gotten as a regular drop from beating an enemy, i believe. Easiest way is through sessions though, especially later.

Only one dungeon per chapter. At least that's how it's been for me(finished chapter 4)

Hobbun

Participation is battle is the big thing. Some say sessions, but I'm not sure and don't remember it being said. At the same time, sessions come so easily that they'll probably be in sessions regardless.

Stsr prestiges can be gotten as a regular drop from beating an enemy, i believe. Easiest way is through sessions though, especially later.

Only one dungeon per chapter. At least that's how it's been for me(finished chapter 4)

Right, I know you get Star Prestiges via drops, but what triggers them. Like with a lot of the Performa, it actually has part of their name on the performa so you know who it drops from and they drop consistently when you kill that enemy. With Star Prestiges, they seem more random.

I’ve only had three characters so far, so I haven’t had to worry about getting participation from more than that. But it sounds a lot like FF X where you need to make sure you rotate everyone in to do something in battle to gain XP (and star rank progress).

Also, waiting for my extended Gamepad battery to get in from Nintendo, the basic one drains quickly! I could keep it plugged in while I play, but it would be a bit more awkward on the distance to the outlet from where I sit.

FluxWaveZ

The first time I heard the #FE battle track during some event, it was pretty striking because of how hard it goes right from the start, but I don't think it's that great, unfortunately. For how much you hear them throughout the game, the battle music as a whole is pretty unremarkable.

I really like this one, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLzJVmw43vg. Wish it had been used more.

Frimaire

The first time I heard the #FE battle track during some event, it was pretty striking because of how hard it goes right from the start, but I don't think it's that great, unfortunately. For how much you hear them throughout the game, the battle music as a whole is pretty unremarkable.

I really like this one, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLzJVmw43vg. Wish it had been used more.

Damn, that's pretty good, I don't even remember hearing that once.
Maybe I'm just not far enough yet...

Kid Ying

Just beat Chapter 3's mini-boss

Beat it on the first try but goddamn it's annoying how a lot of the bosses have multiple turns in a row. Honestly the hardest part of this one was killing off the Red Mages before they casted mediarama and undid all the work you just did.

Tsubasa's special skill "Happy Smile" (or whatever it's called) came in handy a lot during this battle; costs only 1 SP and fully heals your party and increases your defense/hit/evasion. Saved my ass during some tough spots.

Also what's Yashiro's problem?! Wonder if he joins your party later...I actually haven't been spoiled on that yet.
It only gets harder on the multiple turns. The bosses in this game are quite tough.

Doing the side quests open more skills and duets, so i recommend everyone to do it. Makes some fights easier. I only finished the game thanks to it.
It's impossible for quite some time. Come back when you get the hability to get there.

Hobbun

It only gets harder on the multiple turns. The bosses in this game are quite tough.

Doing the side quests open more skills and duets, so i recommend everyone to do it. Makes some fights easier. I only finished the game thanks to it.

What are duets? Only in Chapter 1 dungeon right now, is that something that I will open up later?

Kid Ying

What are duets? Only in Chapter 1 dungeon right now, is that something that I will open up later?
Sometimes the characters makes some songs and acts together as you go through the story and side quests. When that happens, that duet appears sometimes on battles when you do sessions and can be some of the best attacks in the game.

For example
Tsubasa and Kiria have a duet with a song called "give me". At battle, it does elemental wing damage on all enemies and restore the hp of everyone in your party.

Also, when that appears, it counts as hits for your session.

Normally don't buy games on or near Day 1 (there's always way more games to play than I have time for, so I wait), but I made an exception for this. Super excited for it, even more so after seeing all the positive feedback. Playing this at home + Persona Q on the train to/from work should help scratch my Atlus itch while I wait for Persona 5.

Right, I know you get Star Prestiges via drops, but what triggers them. Like with a lot of the Performa, it actually has part of their name on the performa so you know who it drops from and they drop consistently when you kill that enemy. With Star Prestiges, they seem more random.

As far as I know anything can drop them.The rank they drop is limited to the dungeon they're in, but I've gotten them from pretty much anything I think.

Check the Wardrobe.
I'm assuming they mean see their different costume outside of battle. I'm not sure if there's a way to do that.

muteki

As far as I know anything can drop them.The rank they drop is limited to the dungeon they're in, but I've gotten them from pretty much anything I think.

I'm assuming they mean see their different costume outside of battle. I'm not sure if there's a way to do that.
Yeah I mean walking around dungeons/town. I didn't really dig into the wardrobe menu much as there isn't much there early on, just curious.

Any tips for the chapter 3 boss
Cursed Draug
?
I'm doing some damage to him but I have trouble managing the summons.

Also, the theme song for this battle reminds me of the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack, it's pretty awesome.

Any tips for the chapter 3 boss
Cursed Draug
?
I'm doing some damage to him but I have trouble managing the summons.

Also, the theme song for this battle reminds me of the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack, it's pretty awesome.

Do you have attack mirrors or the "cute" kiria attack? Both are very handy.

Top Bottom