• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think I just bum rushed him, try to put everyone you can to sleep, throw some evade stuffs around and smack him.

vareon

I'm on intermission by the end of Chapter 1. The laptop told me I need to increas Touma and Kiria's stage ranks to get their sidequests, but they seem to rise very slowly. Should I grind or there are better way in Chapter 2?

Edit: Huh, nevermind. It leveled up. I guess I was reading the stars wrong lol/

FluxWaveZ

I don't know who, but I remember someone wondering how the screen would look with a surprise attack:

That'd be me, thank you. Are you playing on Normal or Hard? I never encountered this once throughout the whole game, and that's a bit weird for a mechanic like this. I'd constantly be backstabbed by spawning enemies and even Savage Mirages, and yet it'd never happen.

That'd be me, thank you. Are you playing on Normal or Hard? I never encountered this once throughout the whole game, and that's a bit weird for a mechanic like this. I'd constantly be backstabbed by spawning enemies and even Savage Mirages, and yet it'd never happen.

Really? Happens regularly to me if I get backstabbed (on hard though).

Dimmle

If a Performa required for a Carnage fusion has ??? as its location, does that mean it's a location I haven't yet visited?

FluxWaveZ

Really? Happens regularly to me if I get backstabbed (on hard though).

Interesting. I'm ~30 hours into Hard and haven't experienced any surprise attacks so far.

Huh, I was going to say that it must be a difficulty thing, but now I'm not so sure.

Have people who have gotten Surprise Attacked not acquired the Itsuki Radiant Unity that makes Surprise Attacks less likely to happen? I remember seeing that and thinking "what even is a Surprise Attack?" and then obtaining it; it's how I discovered that it was even a thing.

If a Performa required for a Carnage fusion has ??? as its location, does that mean it's a location I haven't yet visited?

I think someone before said that was the case; never really paid much attention to specific Unity resource requirements like that.

Whizkid7

Yeah, if it's ??? it means you haven't unlocked/visited the area yet. It'll usually tell you which area once you've been in it at least once.

Dee Dee

I get hung up on the dumbest things in this game - I had a shit time navigating chapter 2's dungeon, and now I just can't hand out the fixed scripts quick enough in the dungeon in chapter 3...
Time to buy a gazillion repellants, fuck.

At least by the time I am done with this dungeon, I can challenge Yashiro to a rematch - this 10 level gap closed real quickly.

Thud

I get hung up on the dumbest things in this game - I had a shit time navigating chapter 2's dungeon, and now I just can't hand out the fixed scripts quick enough in the dungeon in chapter 3...
Time to buy a gazillion repellants, fuck.

At least by the time I am done with this dungeon, I can challenge Yashiro to a rematch - this 10 level gap closed real quickly.

Eh, you should be fine using just estoma. Levels out the weaker enemies so you only fight the strong ones.

This game has so many little awesome details. I only noticed last night that when the party members cast magic their signature is written inside the circle it creates.

Also, when you switch Touma into battle for another character girlish squeals rise from the audience :3

Was it like that the entire game and I didn't notice or does that change after his side story?

FluxWaveZ

Also, when you switch Touma into battle for another character girlish squeals rise from the audience :3

Pretty sure the crowds have specific screams for every party member who switches in.

This game has so many little awesome details. I only noticed last night that when the party members cast magic their signature is written inside the circle it creates.

Yep, "signature moves."

Hobbun

Yes. The side stories will also give you more extra skills like the Special Performances and Ad-lib Performances.

Sometimes the characters makes some songs and acts together as you go through the story and side quests. When that happens, that duet appears sometimes on battles when you do sessions and can be some of the best attacks in the game.

For example
Tsubasa and Kiria have a duet with a song called "give me". At battle, it does elemental wing damage on all enemies and restore the hp of everyone in your party.

Also, when that appears, it counts as hits for your session.

Now that ability sounds really nice. Looking forward to picking these up.

I haven't done any side quests of yet. I've picked up one request, but haven't finished it.

Thanks for the info.

I do feel kind of like the game might be bugged at a couple points:

1) The aforementioned surprise encounters. Feels like a programmer screwed up the percentage chance in the code by a couple of exponents. 25 hrs into the game on Hard and it hasn't happened once. That's just crazy.

2) The rare enemies are way too easy to exploit. Once you fine a spawn area just pop an attracter spray and you will be swimming in Macca.

Pretty sure the crowds have specific screams for every party member who switches in.
I need to pay attention to this when I play tonight, that's a really nice touch.
Yep, "signature moves."
... welp, that went completely over my head. I would have probably never noticed and just assumed they were typical RPG grimoire gibberish had Kiria's not stood out so much. Being in English handwriting really threw me off too.

Whizkid7

Was it like that the entire game and I didn't notice or does that change after his side story?

It took me a little bit to notice the signature thing, too. It was Tsubasa's that eventually made me go 'oh, hey!' mostly because she's the one casting magic 99% of the time for me.

Also, similarly, when you go back into the Ch.2 dungeon, all the photos are different. It's all landscape shots and things like that. Nice touch, I thought.

It took me a little bit to notice the signature thing, too. It was Tsubasa's that eventually made me go 'oh, hey!' mostly because she's the one casting magic 99% of the time for me.

Also, similarly, when you go back into the Ch.2 dungeon, all the photos are different. It's all landscape shots and things like that. Nice touch, I thought.

It's also cool that the different posters and advertisements in the real world change as you complete Chapters and side stories.

FluxWaveZ

Wait I've heard from everywhere else is was
prologue + 8 chapters
. Is that actually wrong?

That's definitely wrong unless I somehow missed a whole chapter.

[SPOILERS] Listing titles here:
-------------------
---------------------
-----------------------
1. Prologue
2. Chapter 1: Reincarnation
3. Chapter 2: Head Over Heels for Her
4. Chapter 3: The Next Generation
5. Chapter 4: The Audition
6. Chapter 5: True Colors
7. Chapter 6: Fire Emblem
8. Epilogue
-------------------------
---------------------
-----------------------------

I'm at the intermission after ch. 2. And there is this little girl who asks me to find a coloring book for her. Any idea where it is? It's supposed to be in Shibuya, but I couldn't find it.

Robin64

I'm at the intermission after ch. 2. And there is this little girl who asks me to find a coloring book for her. Any idea where it is? It's supposed to be in Shibuya, but I couldn't find it.

South of the Heeho Mart there is a stand with some magazines. Take the one about mothering or whatever.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if some people can find that cat fast enough to miss out on Tsubasa's text messages during that sequence. My thought when she was messaging me about crepes was "what are you doing, why the hell am I doing all the work?" and thus it was pretty good when she received karmic justice.

-shadow-

I'm playing on normal, happened once to me with a savage encounter (which was a automatic Game Over) and this one was a normal encounter.

That's definitely wrong unless I somehow missed a whole chapter.

[SPOILERS] Listing titles here:
-------------------
---------------------
-----------------------
1. Prologue
2. Chapter 1: Reincarnation
3. Chapter 2: Head Over Heels for Her
4. Chapter 3: The Next Generation
5. Chapter 4: The Audition
6. Chapter 5: True Colors
7. Chapter 6: Fire Emblem
8. Epilogue
-------------------------
---------------------
-----------------------------

I read it from GameFAQs, and I'm assuming others did and assumed it was right? Alright, that's still more than I was expecting since I was expecting
6 chapters, including the epilogue
, but a little sad after getting hyped :p

Brakke

Banned
I think I finished everything in the intermission before Chapter 2. Touma's dream to be a Power Ranger is adorable. This game continues to be lovely.

Weird about Kiria tho. She's so cool in the real world but her eye-patch-and-pigtails costume is so lame in the Idolosphere. I might just equip her street clothes when I use her.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
So how much time for Main Game? And Completionist? Anyone know yet?

I think I finished everything in the intermission before Chapter 2. Touma's dream to be a Power Ranger is adorable. This game continues to be lovely.

Weird about Kiria tho. She's so cool in the real world but her eye-patch-and-pigtails costume is so lame in the Idolosphere. I might just equip her street clothes when I use her.
It's Super Sentai or Kamen Rider not Power Ranger. This game is in Japan.

I wonder if some people can find that cat fast enough to miss out on Tsubasa's text messages during that sequence. My thought when she was messaging me about crepes was "what are you doing, why the hell am I doing all the work?" and thus it was pretty good when she received karmic justice.

Speaking of doing all the work for someone I just did one of those mini sidequests for a random citizen who was looking for a job. Oh, selling ramen isn't glamorous enough for you? I live to serve you, random guy 😁

Frimaire

Does anybody know how to finish the request where you gotta find that guy's missing date?
I went all around the city telling him the different places she was at.
Eventually she was in the Shibuya 106 Idolashere, then she said she was going home or something and I never finished the quest...

Edit: Nevermind, I just found them. Don't know how I missed it...

-Horizon-

That first boss
aversa
was kind of tough D:

And people say it only gets harder >.<

It took me a while to figure out when to defend and even then I had to use a couple of revives to bring tsubasa back. Also darn you respawning mooks in a boss fight

I think the texts are triggered to proximity to the alley as a fail safe i got the last two texts back to back once I was within about 20' of the alley

FluxWaveZ

I think the texts are triggered to proximity to the alley as a fail safe i got the last two texts back to back once I was within about 20' of the alley

That makes sense. Actually, I remember hitting that alley as new texts were coming in, but there was no prompt. After going through them, I headed back north kissing the right wall, and then I got the scene to trigger. Might be a case of what you said and also it actually not letting you progress until all the interim texts have been sent.

It's taken a while but now it's official : I like Itsuki.
That second Tiki quest was amazing, first time I've enjoyed him as the main character.

"Planetary systems !!!
A donut black hole!!!"

Top Bottom