• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Makonero

Okay, so I'm trying to explore all of Daiba Studio and
there is a bit in the second studio area I can't seem to reach? I see arrows down where you can jump but I can't see how to get up there! Any help?

Frimaire

I just got the same duo art to trigger twice in one session combo resulting in 15 hits.
What are the conditions for them even?
I'm fairly certain the two characters that did the duo art weren't even a part of the second "group" of sessions...

I just got the same duo art to trigger twice in one session combo resulting in 15 hits.
What are the conditions for them even?
I'm fairly certain the two characters that did the duo art weren't even a part of the second "group" of sessions...

As far as i know, it's random with higher chance with longer sessions.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, it seems like Duo Arts are random and they don't necessarily have any specific trigger conditions other than Session length.

I've been looking back at some of the old #FE media, and I was wondering if there's ever a scene in the game where Touma is strutting into battle like he is at 0:27 in this trailer?

YNzlPsI.gif

Frimaire

Yeah, it seems like Duo Arts are random and they don't necessarily have any specific trigger conditions other than Session length.

I've been looking back at some of the old #FE media, and I was wondering if there's ever a scene in the game where Touma is strutting into battle like he is at 0:27 in this trailer?

YNzlPsI.gif

Isn't that in his "Gaia's Whisper" special performance?

Oh yeah, that's probably it. Huh, now I'm wondering if I even went to check each of them; I only ever activated that once because Touma never really had a presence in my team.
Same, I barely use Touma, I just tried out the special performance once to see what it looked like.

Reszo

How many master seals are in Chapter 4 dungeon? I got one but I see two locked treasure chest and dont have any keys. Not sure if I should actively try and get those or not.

Sölf

The chapter 4 dungeon is the stuff of nightmare.
Especially with those Megido mobs. Holy fuck, why do they exist?
Beat the mid boss, which was annoying but doable. Will continue tomorrow with this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

YNzlPsI.gif
There we go, there's the trailer that had the "this is expected to be rated M" warning at the beginning.

....also notice all the stuff that they originally left in before altering stuff...like the swimsuit...

Damn it, just got to Tsubasa's wedding dress. None of the other censoring bothered me, but this is just stupid and lazy. Did they literally just change her skin color to match the dress? Man, it looks terrbile. there were so many other ways to handle it.

One being leave it in, it's not even bad >.>

Kid Ying

Isn't that in his "Gaia's Whisper" special performance?

Same, I barely use Touma, I just tried out the special performance once to see what it looked like.
I didn't used Touma at first, but at the end he was almost a guarantee on my party. There are a couple of bosses that do damage on everyone, except for Touma.

muteki

There we go, there's the trailer that had the "this is expected to be rated M" warning at the beginning.

....also notice all the stuff that they originally left in before altering stuff...like the swimsuit...
Funny that trailer has the extra Aversa smoke.

So I beat Chapter 3. Does Ellie get her own chapter cause so far it seems like she's the "Hey, here's another party member, don't expect her to ever say anything during cutscenes" Everyone else has gotten chapters and better characterization. I like her and wish she got some more development.

So I beat Chapter 3. Does Ellie get her own chapter cause so far it seems like she's the "Hey, here's another party member, don't expect her to ever say anything during cutscenes" Everyone else has gotten chapters and better characterization. I like her and wish she got some more development.

She gets much more screentime in the next chapter.

Delio

Damn it, just got to Tsubasa's wedding dress. None of the other censoring bothered me, but this is just stupid and lazy. Did they literally just change her skin color to match the dress? Man, it looks terrbile. there were so many other ways to handle it.

One being leave it in, it's not even bad >.>

Honestly that was the only thing so far that truely did bother me with it. It just doesnt look good (It sticks out MORE so in the cinematic ) But i guess it came and went so eh.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Honestly that was the only thing so far that truely did bother me with it. It just doesnt look good (It sticks out MORE so in the cinematic ) But i guess it came and went so eh.
Not if you ad lib it!
Or was it a special; only seen it once.

L95

Making a guess, don't care too much about being spoiled: Is
Tsurugi's
performa supposed to be
Joshua from Sacred Stones
?

Sadly no, only Awakening and Shadow Dragon characters are mirages. (though there are some look-alike cameos from other FE games, at least)

Dee Dee

YNzlPsI.gif

Why do you guys all hate Touma - I nearly choked on my drink when I activated that performance, and brought it up here in the thread, but it seems I am the only one with the non-Tsubasa lancer in the team...

Finally cleared chapter 3 with a bunch of repellants to get those scripts to those horses in time.
Beat the boss first try - I thought I might be overleveled but Tsubasa's new side quest is recommended for ... level 47!?
I am level 36.

Didn't expect Mamori to be a tank...

And who thought it would be cool to let you actually game over in the arena? Jeeeez, thank god I saved before trying the intermediate level - which, by the way, went without a hitch until they had the last encounter just randomly have the first strike. Not fair at all.

Also, Lucky Spot quests can go die in a fire. ("Green Park"? I assume it's in the illusory 106 dungeon?)

Edit: The producer guy is shady as fuck, he just keeps popping up and handing out clues and plot points conveniently.

Damn. Got pretty close to taking down the Chapter 4 boss, but the big guy tore my party to shreds once he
started with the back-to-back AOEs each turn.
I couldn't keep up. Yeesh.

-Horizon-

Dungeon 2 is not a walk in the park >.>

Anyway:

14 hours in

2 game over screens so far

Everyone around level 20

I think I'm at the second boss' door

//ARCANUM

So just got the game, couple of questions:

1 - I'm guessing there's no way to play without gamepad? I see my pro controller works but it looks like I have to use the gamepad screen for many functions :/

2 - are there really no subtitles for what they're saying in battle?

So just got the game, couple of questions:

1 - I'm guessing there's no way to play without gamepad? I see my pro controller works but it looks like I have to use the gamepad screen for many functions :/

2 - are there really no subtitles for what they're saying in battle?

yes and yes

Why do you guys all hate Touma - I nearly choked on my drink when I activated that performance, and brought it up here in the thread, but it seems I am the only one with the non-Tsubasa lancer in the team...

Finally cleared chapter 3 with a bunch of repellants to get those scripts to those horses in time.
Beat the boss first try - I thought I might be overleveled but Tsubasa's new side quest is recommended for ... level 47!?
I am level 36.

Didn't expect Mamori to be a tank...

And who thought it would be cool to let you actually game over in the arena? Jeeeez, thank god I saved before trying the intermediate level - which, by the way, went without a hitch until they had the last encounter just randomly have the first strike. Not fair at all.

Also, Lucky Spot quests can go die in a fire. ("Green Park"? I assume it's in the illusory 106 dungeon?)

Edit: The producer guy is shady as fuck, he just keeps popping up and handing out clues and plot points conveniently.

Tsubasa just so great!
Haha I love Touma, and use him a decent bit, I think I never found his gaia attack super great for its price though based on the description iirc.

Yeah, you're right about the lucky spot, I think it's close to one of the teleporters.

Tsubasa's last quest definitely needs you to be around that level, but I did it with little problem(on hard) with my team around 43~44. Some of the others are hard even at reccomended level.

Frimaire

So this Kiria 3rd Side Story Boss Fight is literally the worst horseshit. Like, holy fuck this is unfun garbage.

What? you mean
Cord and Bord
?
I don't remember it being that hard, you can actually do it like 10 levels below recommended...
Did you try using attack mirrors?

What? you mean
Cord and Bord
?
I don't remember it being that hard, you can actually do it like 10 levels below recommended...
Did you try using attack mirrors?

I don't have any and the enemy constantly targets and never misses Kiria so reviving her just means that he hits her before she has a chance to go and I'm stuck in a loop.

It's fucking garbage.

FluxWaveZ

I don't have any and the enemy constantly targets and never misses Kiria so reviving her just means that he hits her before she has a chance to go and I'm stuck in a loop.

It's fucking garbage.

This was one of the easiest boss fights in the game for me. Are you using the battle specific skills appropriately?

KarmaCow

I was clearing a few side quests and the game hard locked just as a finished the last of them. Well I guess I'll be playing more Overwatch now because that is a frustrating shitshow.

Frimaire

It's fucking garbage.

You can just buy them at Hee Ho Mart.
Even if Kiria gets killed you can just revive her and then use the attack mirror.
It completely protects from one of their attacks and that's pretty much all you need to get them both in a charmed state.

Blasphemy, he was in my party 24/7 as soon as he got his Rider Raiba outfit! The coolest costume in game.
Oh shit, this may actually convince me to use Touma...

Jiraiza

Oh yeah, that's probably it. Huh, now I'm wondering if I even went to check each of them; I only ever activated that once because Touma never really had a presence in my team.

Blasphemy, he was in my party 24/7 as soon as he got his Rider Raiba outfit! The coolest costume in game.

dark_haze

Neo Member
Finished Kiria and Ellie's final stories - fantastic for both of them. I really dig how relatable the characters are with their insecurities...and the "Give Me" performance was just awesome.

Also when can you get
the Dream Catcher duo art?

Is there any reason to NOT save the special attacks until the bosses? Am I missing out on any experience toward stage rank or whatever by not using them? Because I don't need those attacks to defeat the regular dungeon enemies.

Draxal

This was one of the easiest boss fights in the game for me. Are you using the battle specific skills appropriately?

It is a speed issue, if the one boss acts before Kiria you're kinda screwed, except if you use an attack mirror as the first move by Itsuki.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there any reason to NOT save the special attacks until the bosses? Am I missing out on any experience toward stage rank or whatever by not using them? Because I don't need those attacks to defeat the regular dungeon enemies.
They are useful to manipulate drops and find weaknesses. Some enemies are also annoying later on.

I was kind of unimpressed by the music in this game but I think the chapter 3 end boss theme might be my favorite one in the game so far, so good.

Zomba13

I was kind of unimpressed by the music in this game but I think the chapter 3 end boss theme might be my favorite one in the game so far, so good.

Outside of the actual songs I feel a bit unimpressed too but I guess part of that is coming from Persona 3 and 4 that have fantastic music for locations and the like and great, catchy battle themes. I guess I just hoped we'd get some more Jpop for the stuff outside of the performances. (I'm only in the intermission after Chapter 2 though).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of dig the battle music to the point I have it on my phone to listen to during work.

Can breeze through Basic at the arena, what levels should I be to take on the medium difficulty?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do I get 3 star prestiges? Do I just have to progress further (currently in Ch 2 intermission)? I've got the materials for a nice Carnage but am missing the prestige :(

Top Bottom