• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

casiopao

Worst girl and worst macross up to date =(

U wot m8?O_O"

macross-delta-2-151.jpg

Yes, there is one for TMS. I haven't brought the book yet, so I don't know about the content. Amazon Link

BTW, the content of that Xenoblade Chronicle X book is insanely good. Those artworks are mind blowing.

Tx for the info.^_^ Lets see if i am capable to get that book there.^_^ Going to need to support moar of this project here.^_^

I can't believe I just ordered this game for pick up tomorrow. It's like they took everything I don't like and turned into something too irresistibly weird and silly to deny.

Posting some questions from the first page again:

Postponed my trip to the Best Buy area till Friday. I'm excited but I'm not sure yet if I'll start it Day 1.

I kind of want to play some actual Fire Emblem and SMT to at least get the references.

What are the games with most references from for both series? I know Awakening is one.

Do Atlas RPG's usually have a difficulty selector? I own over 5 but haven't played one yet.

Would appreciate any answers.

casiopao

Postponed my trip to the Best Buy area till Friday. I'm excited but I'm not sure yet if I'll start it Day 1.

I kind of want to play some actual Fire Emblem and SMT to at least get the references.

What are the games with most references from for both series? I know Awakening is one.

Do Atlas RPG's usually have a difficulty selector? I own over 5 but haven't played one yet.

The game had most references from FE with the hero and villain being integral to the story. SMT part is most for cameo, skills/magic and battle system.

They had difficulty selector.

B00TE

Anyone happen to know if you can change the on screen character in dungeons/etc? Minor feature, but I always like to see the option for it.

bomblord1

Banned
Ad-Lib Performance
25fc5741.jpg

Some of these attacks are based off of commercials and jobs that your Mirage Masters do at Fortuna Entertainment. Above is Tsubasa's outfit when she does a gravure CM for the popular soft drink, Amrita Orange. There are different costumes and types of Ad-Lib Performance, not just a swimsuit. Their effects vary so explore all the possibilities you have!

That is uh.. quite the swimsuit has localization gone too far?

Sölf

Some avvys for LambdaTeos, Brainiac 8, Zonic, and casiopao.

Could you also make one for me, pretty please? :0

Also, regarding the difficulty. If this has mutliple ones, which one should I play? I played P3 and P4 on Normal, but would have bumped it up. Playing through Persona Q on Risky and FE Fates on Hard. So, anything to go by that?

I just saw the art for the game in a random game article and it immediately got me interested! I might seriously pick up this game, even though I just learned about it lol.

mrmickfran

I wasn't planning on getting this at launch, since Zero Escape 3 is right around the corner.

But something is telling me that this is going to be a limited print. I just have that feeling.

N° 2048

I don't play or know anything about FE or SMT (minus Persona) but damn this looks good.

I just saw the art for the game in a random game article and it immediately got me interested! I might seriously pick up this game, even though I just learned about it lol.

Same.

-Horizon-

Mine apparently ships today but I won't get it till the end of next week ;~;

oh and if anyone wants to bedazzle my avatar it would be much appreciated

Ikon

I just ordered this but I'm starting to have some second thoughts...

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with Persona but something about it is giving off that kind of vibe anyway. I think I know enough about how the dungeons work but how is the stuff outside of them (which is what interests me more)? Is it more P4 or SMT4?

Hugstable

Banned
Is the digital version gonna release at Midnight EST like they do sometimes for other games. I wanna start playing as soon as possible!

L95

This game, as far as I've understood, only refrences two FE games, Shadow Dragon (FE1, on the NES, or it's remake on the DS) and Awakening on 3DS.

This game, as far as I've understood, only refrences two FE games, Shadow Dragon (FE1, on the NES, or it's remake on the DS) and Awakening on 3DS.

Not the second Marth game?

If that's the case I'll probably play both of those first.

What's the best SMT game to play to get some of those references as small as they be?

Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner
Soul Hackers
SMT: Strange Journey
SMT III: Nocturne
SMT IV

Suggest more than one if need be.

Yep. That and Mario & Sonic, for the eight people that care about that one.

This Wil be probably be the last time two Wii U titles are released on a single day.

I'll definitely pick it up but those games actually drip in price.

I'm honestly really excited how they went big with roster this time and the new events.

Hugstable

Banned
Not the second Marth game?

If that's the case I'll probably play both of those first.

What's the best SMT game to play to get some of those references as small as they be?

Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner
Soul Hackers
SMT: Strange Journey
SMT III: Nocturne
SMT IV

Suggest more than one if need be.

This Wil be probably be the last time two Wii U titles are released on a single day.

I'll definitely pick it up but those games actually drip in price.

I'm honestly really excited how they went big with roster this time and the new events.

Play Nocturne first and then maybe Strange Journey if you are into first person dungeon crawling with some crazy dungeons. Don't play them for references though (is there much SMT references in the game?), play them cause they're damn good games

N° 2048

I won't be completely lost if I've never played SMT or FE, right? Only played Persona series.

I might miss small references but nothing big? I want to jump into this. Art looks amazing.

I really don't have time to go back and play SMT or FE.

I won't be completely lost if I've never played SMT or FE, right? Only played Persona series.

I might miss small references but nothing big? I want to jump into this. Art looks amazing.

I think you are better off having played Persona from the looks of it. Like the OP said, this is much more like Atlus x FE.

Beartruck

Great OT. Why didn't anyone tell me the redheaded guy wants to be in tokusatsu? That made him go from "standard male friend" to must have in my party.

BARA!!! :D You're here!!! *fist bump*

Hey Mediking! Looks like you're pretty excited for this as well, haha.

Also, I was watching some combat videos and it kind of bugs me that they didn't translate the dialogue during battles, but I assume they have a reason for it. Everything else looks pretty great though.

Top Bottom