• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Also, I was watching some combat videos and it kind of bugs me that they didn't translate the dialogue during battles, but I assume they have a reason for it. Everything else looks pretty great though.

It's disappointing but I guess they didn't want subs over the UI. That or they were hard to read by all the stuff going on. Hopefully we aren't missing much/

ohlawd

What's the best SMT game to play to get some of those references as small as they be?

Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner
Soul Hackers
SMT: Strange Journey
SMT III: Nocturne
SMT IV

Suggest more than one if need be.
you can play any of those and be caught already with getting references

ranking all of those but Devil Summoner since I haven't played them yet
Digital Devil Saga > Strange Journey > IV > Nocturne > Soul Hackers

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The reason I held on to my Wii U

Too bad I had to preorder a CE from GameStop. No telling when I'll get it.

Oh, well, my avatar is ready.

Mediking

Can someone spoil me what the actual SMT cameos/references mentioned in the OT are in this game besides the battle system?

Ummmm.... whoever tells this person the SMT stuff.... can you please put it in spoiler quotes??? Because I don't wanna get spoiled. Thanks!

Mashing

Some avvys for those who requested them!

8TLtxjU.png
fF0R0tf.png
0FBUjgB.png
60qKBPL.png
khQglRY.png
Bg7dM8L.png
wkWXEqK.png
mpoYvrK.png
OVdem1M.png

Can you go ahead and work mine up? Thanks in advance.

hughesta

Banned
Anyone else get it from Amazon and it still says "Shipping soon" yet it says it will be delivered tomorrow?
Same here. I can only play in the morning on Friday, otherwise I won't be able to touch it for a week. Really want it to get here early in the AM, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

hughesta

Banned
oh my god no I preordered the game back when I had my old card and my payment was declined (even tho I updated my card on amazon months ago)

fixed it now but it won't ship until Friday and won't get here until the 28th when I'm out of the country for a week

k i l l m e

there must be an amazon warehouse near my home since it still says "arriving tomorrow, shipping today"

Not the first time it takes less than 24 hours for an order to arrive thou/..

oh my god no I preordered the game back when I had my old card and my payment was declined (even tho I updated my card on amazon months ago)

fixed it now but it won't ship until Friday and won't get here until the 28th when I'm out of the country for a week

k i l l m e

Damn... that's horrible, i'm sorry u.u

Mediking

k i l l m e

Cry-sad-gif.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! D: That's freaking horrible!!! :(

Shun

Sölf;208104087 said:
Guys, I have a question for you. How does the difficulty work here? I know there are 3, which would you recommend? For reference, I played through P3 and P4 on normal (but in retrospect, would have bumped it up to at least hard), play Persona Q on Risky (mainly because of me playing Etrian Odyssey, even if PQ is much harder on risky) and FE on old normal or new hard mode (just beat Birthright and Conquest on Hard/Classic).

Basically, should I play this on hard?

If you've played a MegaTen game before I would recommend hard and going from there.

You have the option of lowering the difficulty later and after clearing the game and if you really want a challenge, you can go ahead and play the game on the Lunatic difficulty.

Sölf

If you've played a MegaTen game before I would recommend hard and going from there.

You have the option of lowering the difficulty later and after clearing the game and if you really want a challenge, you can go ahead and play the game on the Lunatic difficulty.

Thanks. Then I just start on hard and either get utterly trashed or somehow get through it. xD
Can't be worse than some of the Conquest chapters. God.

Played through the first dungeon. I'm not going to be able to resist mastering every weapon I think. Getting FFIX flashbacks. Always thought it was a really cool thing.

Mediking

Hey Mediking! Looks like you're pretty excited for this as well, haha.

Also, I was watching some combat videos and it kind of bugs me that they didn't translate the dialogue during battles, but I assume they have a reason for it. Everything else looks pretty great though.

Hahah yeah! I'm super excited for this game! The only real sad thing is no off-tv play...

Thank you for such an informative thread! I hadn't been sold on the game primarily due to the fact that I didn't understand what kind of game it would be, but the information provided in the OT has given me all of the answers I was looking for and then some. It looks like an interesting crossover, and is seemingly one of the best things going for the Wii U. Being a fan of Atlus RPGs, I won't miss out on this nor the Devil Survivor 2 costume DLC!

audio_delay

Neo Member
Got my copy from nintendo.co.uk. I was surprised that it arrived today, because thehut used standard second class delivery(not recorded or anything!).

N° 2048

Can I just say, that Shun has put together one of the most impressive OTs I've seen in a while.

It literally is what convinced me to buy this. Thanks so much.

ohlawd

Amazon US charged me for my SE. can't wait to get that thing in July >_>

I'm gonna end up with three copies of the game. no ragrets on my neck

Kuni

Can anyone confirm if full audio can be played through the gamepad? I'm looking to play this with headphones.

Pouh

I'd like an avatar edit too !

Just got the game, pretty pumped for it, but have to wait next payday to buy the console...

EDIT : Thanks Robin64 !

Jiraiza

In light of the English release, I might just play NG+ with my imported copy (which I never got around to).

Curse you, region-locked Wii U.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some avvys for those who requested them!
0FBUjgB.png
Thanks again for making that!

I'm really glad we have the rule about not complaining about the censorship, but based on what I've seen/heard, I might have to go on a rant about how they handled one of the dungeons, which is the one change that really gets to me, but I'll actually wait & see it for myself before commenting on it.

Top Bottom