• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Mupod

Damn, my T.V doesn't have a headphone jack (I know...).

Wonder why they couldn't output audio via gamepad.

As someone in the same situation that's been dealing with this crap for a very long time I can probably come up with some suggestions for your situation. Ideally you'd have an HDMI receiver but if you had one of those you wouldn't be asking this question.

If you use headphones a lot a headphone amp of some kind might be a good investment in general, if your TV has optical out then that could be your output.

When I had an older TV I used to use a poverty mode solution where I'd use only the video part of composite/component outputs and run the audio parts into an RCA to 3.5mm adapter, which I could then run through an amp. I have Wii component cables so I could do this on my Wii U if I wanted to.

Even before all this I used to have a REALLY struggle setup where I used an old set of Logitech PC speakers as my amp. I ran the audio from my console into those and plugged my headphones into them.

and yeah I agree that it makes no sense to me why every game can't have gamepad audio. Even stuff like tropical freeze doesn't have it.

Despite my WiiU having a HUGE backlog I still can't wait to get it in the post (hopefully) tomorrow!
My Fortissimo edition was dispatched yesterday from the Nintendo UK store to boot.
(Super Metroid and Xenoblade X till then!)

audio_delay

Neo Member
I always forget that the WiiU doesn't support full RGB. It makes a huge difference having your TV/monitor set properly. Game looks really good, after i switch it to liimted rgb.

The art book that comes with the Fortissimo edition is really cool. Lot's of character designs with explanations from the artists.

It also has some small messages in it from the creators, stating that the game pretty much wouldn't have existed without Iwata...

Small tears were shed.

Ponn

Banned
Nice OT

Man I want to play this game but I don't know if I'll have the time to... plus backlog.. sigh

I'm in the same boat. I've been agonizing about getting a Wii U to play this and a handful of other games i'm interested and I was impressed with the new Zelda. My huge backlog and other issues have stayed my hand. I was still going to get it just to have a physical version but since Nintendo is still silent on the NX and hence also BC i'm so uncertain about anything at this point. If it is cartridge based then physical Wii U games would be impossible but they could go the digital BC route instead.

I'm really glad this is getting great reviews so those with Wii U's can enjoy it. I know the feeling being a day one Vita owner of getting those occasional wins so cherish it you all.

aett

I'm one of the people who had no interest in this game (despite enjoying both SMT/Atlus stuff and FE) until all these positive reviews. I'm looking forward to taking a break from Witcher 3 to play this (I've been slowly working my way through the latter half of W3's main story, then all of HoS, and now part of B&W over the last couple months).

I wanted to get the physical version just in case I found that I didn't like the game and wanted to sell it, but then I remembered that my firstborn broke the Wii U's disc drive last year. Gonna stop by Best Buy on my lunch break to do that "buy one points card, get 20% off the second" deal so I can buy the game digitally.

Shun

How does TMS' OST compare to Persona 3 and 4?

Not as good as Meguro because it's not Meguro. But that's because this is Yoshiaki Fujisawa's first time ever doing a video game OST so Atlus didn't hire someone from their own staff. He's pretty young, 34 years old. His works has mainly been for TV anime and TV dramas so your enjoyment will vary on the person.

I personally think he did a pretty good job for his first time and I do enjoy the music since a lot of it is fitting, but there are some misses. You can check youtube for the background music and themes outside of the vocal songs sing by the voice actors.

"The first thing he felt was “it was very difficult!”

Fujisawa explains that he struggled a lot in the completely different mindset that is required for making video game music, as he’s more familiar with how things are done for TV shows. Everything from the timing, flow, and feelings of a song, were all different from the way he usually works on music; however, the sound team from Atlus gave him all kinds of advice that came in handy for his work.

Fujisawa notes that working with the team in an incredibly creative environment, where ideas shapes themselves up, was really fun. He recalls how excited he felt when they first checked out a demonstration of one of his songs, although he says that he was always nervous whenever it came to presenting the songs, nonetheless.

Memory

The art book that comes with the Fortissimo edition is really cool. Lot's of character designs with explanations from the artists.

It also has some small messages in it from the creators, stating that the game pretty much wouldn't have existed without Iwata...

Small tears were shed.

Really? I've been avoiding it because i don't want any spoilers. I looked at the first couple pages and i love the quality of the images and pages.

So glad i decided to get this version, loving the game so far also, its sooooooo refreshing to someone who has been playing JRPGs for decades.

JCX

Not as good as Meguro because it's not Meguro. But that's because this is Yoshiaki Fujisawa's first time ever doing a video game OST so Atlus didn't hire someone from their own staff. He's pretty young, 34 years old. His works has mainly been for TV anime and TV dramas so your enjoyment will vary on the person.

I personally think he did a pretty good job for his first time and I do enjoy the music since a lot of it is fitting, but there are some misses. You can check youtube for the background music and themes outside of the vocal songs sing by the voice actors.

Ah, thanks! I try not to listen to music before the game so I can experience it in context, but given the game's subject matter, I'm really hoping they nail the pop music.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If it is truly an issue we can just remove the emojis. But I added it for STYLE. It fit the theme

It can cause issues for desktop as well as mobile:

huKNH75.png

Really? I've been avoiding it because i don't want any spoilers. I looked at the first couple pages and i love the quality of the images and pages.

So glad i decided to get this version, loving the game so far also, its sooooooo refreshing to someone who has been playing JRPGs for decades.

Haven't found any story related spoilers.

There are enemy designs in it though, and bosses so those could count as spoilers.

Any word on length?

Also, I am looking for a good jrpg, since it has been a while since I have played one. Will this game satisfy that itch?

Shun

Any word on length?

Also, I am looking for a good jrpg, since it has been a while since I have played one. Will this game satisfy that itch?

30+ hours main scenario, 50+ hours with all the side quests built in, + however else much time you want to spend if you want to play the game at its highest difficulty Lunatic.

Yes if the game and battle system interests you then it will satisfy your itch since it's an evolution of the Press Turn battle system and is a great RPG on its own.

It can cause issues for desktop as well as mobile:

huKNH75.png

I like the emojis and I would like them to stay since it's still seen as a music note, microphone, and hand in plain text just with extra box.

The title is fine without emojis if we have to get rid of them (இдஇ)

Any word on missables?

Is this a guide heavy type game, or can I just start it up asap and not have to worry about talking to x person at y time or else miss out on 1/3 of the game

Robin64

Any word on missables?

Is this a guide heavy type game, or can I just start it up asap and not have to worry about talking to x person at y time or else miss out on 1/3 of the game

I found an answer to this on a certain forum about FAQs, but I'm going to spoiler tag the whole lot just in case because I don't know what's spoiler and what isn't. :)

"You can miss the obtaining of Itsuki's and Tsubasa's Dual Art if you make the wrong dialogue choices. And, you can miss the true ending if you do not talk to all of the main characters in the epilogue before ending the game in the Bloom Palace. Also, the Idolaspheres are inaccessible in the epilogue.

Also note that you cannot 100% the game on the first playthrough. This is because some weapons (including all of the weapons that unlock the highest-power single-target skills such as Thoron) and requests are exclusive to New Game+. You will need to complete the game three times, with at least one of these times on Lunatic (which is unlocked after the first playthrough).

Of course, you might also miss out on unlocking Friendly difficulty, because that requires you to game over while on Easy."

N° 2048

Got a local GAF member selling me his copy ( he ordered two by accident).
I am shoving all the games that I am playing/wanted to play aside for this.

So stoked!

ohlawd

11 gigs left for download fuck man will I make it in 7 hours. there's the Wii U's shit install times too oh my fuuuuuck

Any word on missables?

don't think there's a missable, not in my memory anyway
and no it's not guide heavy. most sidequests are straightforward

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on the DLC size & any day one patches? Most likely, I'll get the DLC downloading while I quick head into town so then it's ready for when I get back.

TheGrue

Alright, folks...I'm in. Just bought on the web version of the eShop so that it will be downloaded when I get back in town tomorrow evening.

imae

Thanks for the great OT!, I am ready now.

I'm not sure how much I'll appreciate the themes in this game but I'm certainly intrigued by them. I think the game looks fantastic and I haven't played one like this for a long time.

Nintendo UK store shipped mine Tuesday, so hopefully it turns up tomorrow.

Also, this game's art got me looking up more of toi8's work... love his/her style, great stuff.

Playing the prologue now. This game looks pretty awesome and the gamepad features are really great. I thought it was my phone vibrating for a sec.

Top Bottom