• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Any way to find macca converter other than fighting golden shadow?

Don't believe so, but there's a good spot for farming those guys in I. Shibuya. With attracter spray + Fasterine S, I managed to fight six of them in <10 minutes.

Someone posted a link to a GameFAQS thread detailing the location a few pages back. Here it is. Post #13.

Reszo

Lol I waited too long to go talk to
Draug
in
Mamori's
side story quest so she ended up going by herself and texting me the details lol.

Formless

At least starting in Chapter 2 you start to get a healthy mix of enemy types that use Weapon Triangle weapons. Surprised you didn't notice.

Further, you initially stated that it doesn't exist. That's factually incorrect even at the stage of game you are in. You may not have noticed but it's totally present in the game.

It's worth noting that if you're a sword user attacking a lance user but with an elemental skill, it's different.

I'm sorry but the premise for Chapter 4 is just insanely stupid...

Gee it isn't all suspicious that the new, mysterious president of the TV studio that they know is somehow involved in the Mirage incidents has personally selected Tsubasa as lead on a new TV show? Really? Everybody is just going to pretend this is a great opportunity and perfectly normal?

FluxWaveZ

Gee it isn't all suspicious that the new, mysterious president of the TV studio that they know is somehow involved in the Mirage incidents has personally selected Tsubasa as lead on a new TV show? Really? Everybody is just going to pretend this is a great opportunity and perfectly normal?

There's always the chance that
the president actually isn't possessed and that he's just a big fan of Tsubasa's, as they imply during that chapter several times.

They do have to balance their lives as entertainers and Mirage Masters, after all, so being paranoid about chance opportunities for them would be deleterious to their ambitions and to the company itself. They can deal with any problems that occur down the road, anyways.

My game just crashed... right when I was contemplating about class change.

Any reason to do it later like in Fire Emblem?

Don't believe so, but there's a good spot for farming those guys in I. Shibuya. With attracter spray + Fasterine S, I managed to fight six of them in <10 minutes.

Someone posted a link to a GameFAQS thread detailing the location a few pages back. Here it is. Post #13.

Thank you.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I need to raise Stage Rank so I can do side quests in order to unlock the True Ending. I'm at the end of chapter 4. Seems that it's tied to combat, but grinding with the two characters I need doesn't seem to be raising their levels.

Wat do?

FluxWaveZ

I need to raise Stage Rank so I can do side quests in order to unlock the True Ending. I'm at the end of chapter 4. Seems that it's tied to combat, but grinding with the two characters I need doesn't seem to be raising their levels.

Wat do?

Stage Rank is increased mainly via Session involvement, not just being in the active party. Characters who regularly participate in Sessions in the Sub Cast will have pretty much the same Stage Rank growth as Itsuki.

Maybe invest more in the Open Audition Radiant Unities for the Sub Cast members, if you haven't already.

My game just crashed... right when I was contemplating about class change.

Any reason to do it later like in Fire Emblem?

Doesn't seem like it, no. It seems best to do it as soon as possible to benefit from the stat growth and Carnage availability, actually.

There are a fair amount of crash reports. I didn't have it happen to me, but they seem attached to Bloom Palace specifically.

Is there any way to check quests after you've accepted them? I can't seem to find an option for it anywhere.

Nope. For Side Stories, there's the Topic tab on the gamepad, but not aside from that.

TwoDurans

Stage Rank is increased mainly via Session involvement, not just being in the active party. Characters who regularly participate in Sessions in the Sub Cast will have pretty much the same Stage Rank growth as Itsuki.

Maybe invest more in the Open Audition Radiant Unities for the Sub Cast members, if you haven't already.

Thanks! I've never used Mamori and she's at lvl2. Long climb to 9+ where her last Side Story unlocks.

Hobbun

There are a fair amount of crash reports. I didn't have it happen to me, but they seem attached to Bloom Palace specifically.

I haven't actually crashed yet, but I think I almost did once. When I left Fortuna Office and chose Hee Hop (?) general store from the menu, it hung up for almost 10 seconds before asking if it was ok to go there.

Reszo

So is Itsuki's radiant skill Carnage Trainer good or bad?
Am I understanding it right? Will he lose 20% and share it with sub cast orrr is it not really noticeable

CSX

A minor complaint...wished all side quests involving defeating enemies had a Level Recommendation. Only ones that are part of character side quests do. Just tried to complete a side quest mid chapter just to find out it's 10 lvls higher than me and one shotted me lol

Rappy

I think I might be done with Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
I'm tired of running into the same story over and over again.
I'm in the middle of the 4th chapter.

It's incredibly clear what's going on and who is behind it by the end of the third chapter but the characters never try and investigate anything. W- what am I fighting for?

I'm wondering if both of you are talking about the same person, because
prepare to be wrong
. Not that it changes the rest of the story so much, but the story is more about the Japanese entertainment industry rather than some deep and sinister plot. You really have to enjoy it for what it is.

Don't worry. The premise for Chapter 5 is several times more stupid. I literally went "fucking really?" out loud. Still fun but fuck Chapter 5.

Any tips on how to tackle chapter 4's final boss?

Always get him to about half health, but then completely wrecks me with it's strong AOE attacks :-\. Mayby I'm underleveled? Characters are 37 - 41 range.

And where can I get master seals? Treasure chests?

TwoDurans

Always get him to about half health, but then completely wrecks me with it's strong AOE attacks :-\. Mayby I'm underleveled? Characters are 37 - 41 range.

Get to 45 and he'll be easy. Focus on the monster, not the man.

Shun

That's around the recommended level, there's no need to really grind it out unless you're missing radiant skills. Note that this is for hard/lunatic. You should ignore
Yashiro
and equip carnages that resist or even null/drain sword and elemental types.

Then you switch as you go while attacking the boss's weakness and doing session combos.

Once you get him to a certain amount where s/he starts using -Dyne level skills, bring in your element resistant party members and make use of magic mirror to reflect the first set of spells and tank the second one. You should be able to survive at least one -dyne spell and finish the rest off with a Special Performance Session Combo with Kiria or someone else.

Dimmle

What's the recommended level for the Chapter 1 boss? My party was around 13 and I could not do it without liberal revival beads/curries. Boss would one-shot Tsubasa occasionally.

What's the recommended level for the Chapter 1 boss? My party was around 13 and I could not do it without liberal revival beads/curries. Boss would one-shot Tsubasa occasionally.

I was level 14 when I beat that boss. If you haven't already, I would recommend going to the jewelry store and getting some accessories for your characters, especially Itsuki and Tsubasa. Having a higher armor stat will do wonders for survivability.

Razmos

What the absolute fuck at Ellie's second side mission.

You need to hunt down 6 of an annoyingly rare enemy, you have to kill them with Ellie (who has no skills that can trigger a session on them, other than using a special performance) and once you kill the 6th one it triggers a boss fight immediately with no warning and no chance to heal or save, 3 bosses spamming Medigo on my party for nearly 500 damage a hit wiped me out within a turn (ignoring the fact the mission has a recommended level of 40 which I am past)

Plus it doesn't let you switch out Ellie for a character that would be actually useful.

So I just got wiped and lost progress because the fucking game gave me no warning about a boss fight and the mechanics of the game at actively used against you to make it as annoying an experience as possible.

I love this game and this is the first time I've been actively annoyed at it

Anyone got advice for Tsubasa's lvl 47 side story? I keep getting the boss down to a sliver and then she wipes my team with that physical ultimate attack. Can it be reflected?

Get to 45 and he'll be easy. Focus on the monster, not the man.

That's around the recommended level, there's no need to really grind it out unless you're missing radiant skills. Note that this is for hard/lunatic. You should ignore
Yashiro
and equip carnages that resist or even null/drain sword and elemental types.

Then you switch as you go while attacking the boss's weakness and doing session combos.

Once you get him to a certain amount where s/he starts using -Dyne level skills, bring in your element resistant party members and make use of magic mirror to reflect the first set of spells and tank the second one. You should be able to survive at least one -dyne spell and finish the rest off with a Special Performance Session Combo with Kiria or someone else.

Thanks for the tips! Got him :)

Dimmle

I was level 14 when I beat that boss. If you haven't already, I would recommend going to the jewelry store and getting some accessories for your characters, especially Itsuki and Tsubasa. Having a higher armor stat will do wonders for survivability.

Oh god, I forgot completely about Accessory shop. That would have helped, I imagine!

Anyone get their camera to really, really zoom in during dungeons? I somehow got it stuck like that, and it's kind of annoying. I dunno how to go about fixing it.

Looked it up a little bit and found "hold ZR and then move the R-Stick up or down to zoom in or out" on GameFAQs, and that seems to work. Wow that was irritating for a bit.

Watching the Chapter 4 boss
shred the last half of his own health bar with Mazandyne
brought a tear to my eye. Magic mirrors are legit.

Also, got my first 10-combo session thanks to
Mamori+Tiki
's duo art. Pretty cool.

Reszo

Watching the Chapter 4 boss
shred the last half of his own health bar with Mazandyne
brought a tear to my eye. Magic mirrors are legit.

Also, got my first 10-combo session thanks to
Mamori+Tiki
's duo art. Pretty cool.

I did the same thing but it was with MaBufudyne. I think this is why they make bosses attack twice in a row lol.

FluxWaveZ

What the absolute fuck at Ellie's second side mission.

You need to hunt down 6 of an annoyingly rare enemy, you have to kill them with Ellie (who has no skills that can trigger a session on them, other than using a special performance)

I think you might be misunderstanding how these types of quests work. The game tells you this: Eleonora doesn't have to be the one who kills the enemy. She just has to participate in a sequence where that enemy was killed. If any other character hits an enemy and starts a Session where Eleonora participated and that enemy died, it will count towards the number.

I definitely wasn't ready for the surprise boss fight during that one, though.

So I just finished the game today with about 40 hours on the clock, I thought it was pretty good. I played on hard for the entire game until the last boss, where I changed to normal so I wouldn't have to grind out more levels to beat it. My highest level character was Itsuki at 60, and my main 2 party members(Ellie, Mamori) were 58. Characters not in my main party were around 50.

As someone who hates Persona's one more system, I surprisingly didn't mind the system in this game too much. Hitting weaknesses isn't as strong for the player as One More/AOA, and enemies being able to use sessions makes groups a lot more intimidating. Seeing the turn order also adds a lot more to it for me, I think. Linking drops to session skills was also pretty nice, since in other games you only get a chance at a drop once, but you can get multiple in #fe as long as you session correctly. Also, the mass availability of elemental items helps a lot when you want to keep a party member in a fight, but they don't cover the right elements.

I think my main complaints about the game were:

-Why does it require 2 loading screens just to get back to Tiki to forge new weapons, then more loading screens to get back to the dungeon? It makes getting new gear pretty unpleasant, so I would always put off getting new gear until I got to a shortcut or something.

-The session skills look neat, but I don't need to see them every time for the entire 40 hours of the game. Also applies to certain boss attacks that can't be skipped either. Cutscene skip is also not as fast as I'd prefer, but at least there's a fast forward button?

-Reducing EXP gain for members not in the party just makes the game grindier for no real gain, IMO. Especially in a game so reliant on hitting weaknesses via party member switching. That being said, I still managed to get through the game pretty well while ignoring most of my cast except in mandatory scenarios, so this was more of an annoyance than a major flaw. Lunatic is probably another story though...

Anyway, I enjoyed the game but I'm not sure if I'd want to sit through another run on Lunatic, especially considering the damage modifiers(Party takes 150% damage, enemies take 50%).

GuySloth

Neo Member
So what skills are worth dropping?

I usually keep lower ranked spells in Persona games to trigger all out attacks, but that doesn't seem necessary here. EP seems plentiful and you need the extra damage.

I assume you can rank up buffs and debuffs? Right now in early game they're a waste of a slot because the consumable items do the same thing, but I'll keep them in reserve if it means I'll get them to +1, +2 etc.

What about stuff like Horseslayer? They seem very situation dependant and ultimately not worth keeping.
It's really play-style dependent on what you go with and the beauty of it is that you can't really go wrong with what you choose.

I made Chrom a Conqueror, invested all of my abilities into physical, and hit for high sword damage. The problem is that a large majority of my fights start with the turn order being Itsuki, the enemies, then the rest of my party. Relying on electric weakness or the FE triangle to start a session was limited until I invested in the bane skills. There's a duo horse/armor slaying skill as well as the wyvern one and I leveled both; I can start a session on most anything with Itsuki now. I focused on starting sessions with Itsuki because my Touma and Ellie both have skills that can push an enemy's turn back and it almost always succeeds which allows me to chain more sessions and win in the first round. I've already beat the game so I'm tinkering with different builds and abilities but I can see why most people don't bother with bane skills.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
So I just finished the game today with about 40 hours on the clock, I thought it was pretty good. I played on hard for the entire game until the last boss, where I changed to normal so I wouldn't have to grind out more levels to beat it. My highest level character was Itsuki at 60, and my main 2 party members(Ellie, Mamori) were 58. Characters not in my main party were around 50.
Only 40? Did you do all the side stuff?

GuySloth

Neo Member
Tsubasa just so great!
Haha I love Touma, and use him a decent bit, I think I never found his gaia attack super great for its price though based on the description iirc.

Yeah, you're right about the lucky spot, I think it's close to one of the teleporters.

Tsubasa's last quest definitely needs you to be around that level, but I did it with little problem(on hard) with my team around 43~44. Some of the others are hard even at reccomended level.
Double charge on your character of choice + whatever else effects it has is amazing! That's fewer turns spent buffing and dealing > 2x damage for 2 turns from your physical character.

pots555

I love the combat and the graphics but this whole idole thing is starting to get to me. I must be too old to enjoy this. Persona 4 was funny and interesting. Not this sadly.

FluxWaveZ

Double charge on your character of choice + whatever else effects it has is amazing! That's fewer turns spent buffing and dealing > 2x damage for 2 back-to-back turns from your physical character.

Tsubasa's 1-bar SP heals and buffs the party with defense and evasion. I think that's way better. Hell, sometimes I would switch a character out to
Mamori, use her 1-bar SP which heals and refreshes her turn, and then switch Mamori back out.

Omnicent

Anyone got advice for Tsubasa's lvl 47 side story? I keep getting the boss down to a sliver and then she wipes my team with that physical ultimate attack. Can it be reflected?

is it almighty physical attack? if not use attack mirror on the round that she uses it (hee ho mart masked clerk)?

Vena

Tsubasa's 1-bar SP heals and buffs the party with defense and evasion. I think that's way better. Hell, sometimes I would switch a character out to
Mamori, use her 1-bar SP which heals and refreshes her turn, and then switch Mamori back out.

The best, I think are:
Kiria's second special performance (Pastel something?). Incapacitates the enemy for at least one turn, can last for longer and even works on bosses.
Touma's second special performance (Gaia's Whisper). Fully buffs the team for offense and gives Touma two charges so any Session he starts is crazy high in damage.

Those two can completely set-up for a sweep of even a boss in a couple of turns.

Why would anybody watch a cooking show where an 11 year old microwaves food?

Why does Mamori wear gloves all the time?

Why did they have to make Barry uncomfortably creepy?

Totakeke

I hope I did not stumble into a bug, the laptop told me that Kiria's side story would be available soon through a topic since middle of chapter 4 and im done with chapter 4 and the topic still doesn't trigger. Did anyone go through the same thing and are there other requirements?

FluxWaveZ

I hope I did not stumble into a bug, the laptop told me that Kiria's side story would be available soon through a topic since middle of chapter 4 and im done with chapter 4 and the topic still doesn't trigger. Did anyone go through the same thing and are there other requirements?

Well, doesn't the laptop say you haven't advanced far enough in the story for it to become available? If so, then that's the case.

I think you might be misunderstanding how these types of quests work. The game tells you this: Eleonora doesn't have to be the one who kills the enemy. She just has to participate in a sequence where that enemy was killed. If any other character hits an enemy and starts a Session where Eleonora participated and that enemy died, it will count towards the number.

I thought Razmos was misunderstanding these quests, too, but now that I'm going through this one, I'm having the same issue. I just fought six of the required monster and *none* of them counted except for the one that I directly initiated an attack on with Eleonora. And she was even involved in all of the sessions that killed the other ones. I wonder why this quest in particular changes up the rules like this...

Top Bottom