• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

odin9450

I bought the game, but I have I problem. I plugged my headphones to the TV but some sounds are missing. For example, character voices and other effects. Please help.

Notice: I changed the audio to stereo from the wii u settings but I have the same problem

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone posted a list of Mirage locations in this thread kind of recently. You can probably search for it?
I found a list on GameFAQ & I seem to have all of them at the moment, the rest of them are in Ch. 6, which I'm not at yet (I'm on Ch. 5).

...& is it just me, or does Mamori's "blank-Split" animation bug me on the fact she stops spinning, THEN swings the axe in a weird transition cut? I feel like she loses all the momentum that could've gone into dealing damage to the enemy. It's so weird you see her spinning, but then it cuts to her swinging the axe like she was just standing there.

Edit: Yay, Locktouch ability gained. Now back to that basement area in 106.

Dee Dee

My personal character ranking:

Tsubasa
Kiria
Mamori
Eleonora
Yashiro
Touma

I guess I don't value damage that much. Touma is so limited in his weakness coverage and his utility of altering turn order works as a sub so I never use him.

So, I just beat the final boss with Touma and Yashiro and no swaps...

... I just love dealing damage, what can I say.

Opening that fight with Gaia's Whisper felt just perfect too. I'll never get tired of Touma strutting.

I tried to beat the boss with Tsubasa and Kiria first, but that felt impossible. I died after taking him down to about 50 % health, but
I found out later that that meant I was only 25% through that fight... real talk, that second phase was garbage
. I checked the resistances and fed the male trio all my incense, and got the boss down with a risky last move - it was basically crit/duo art or die - and I got some crits!

Yashiro is amazing, I still laugh loudly every time an enemy suicides into a counter on him. Best use of the taunt passive ever!
And Touma after Life Aid was such a fighter too - at least as long as he didn't get seal cast on him...

Anyway, last thoughts: Super fun game, and I'll gladly power through some dungeons in NG+ again, trying out "hard", getting the new costumes at least.
Please tell me I can buy Itsuki that thing from the true ending that made him look badass.

I enjoyed the throwaway chapter 6 plot points for what it's worth and this being a JRPG and all. Also,
singing the theme song,
haha, definitely "so bad, it's good" territory.
I wouldn't have minded if every fetch quest side story would have been replaced with another cool boss fight (all the boss fights were fun!) or just some random thing where you pick inconsequential dialogue options like the first side story for Yashiro or the second one for Touma.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Except the part where I don't get to put Yashiro into swimming trunks...

Meier

Oh man, this Chaos Pegasus Knight battle is absolutely brutal. 😭

Good lord. I did some grinding and then beat it but that Cursed Draug is absurd as well. The boss fights in this game don't play.

That Tron boss is pretty unbalanced. He can do a medium magic attack to my entire party twice killing at least two and then I get in the rythm of trying to revive one and heal. Had to grind for a bit in the exp dungeon and even after being 10 levels above the recommended I had to drop it down to easy. Not sure if there's a repel spell I should have, but yeah. Worst boss so far.
Don't like how bosses usually have multiple helpers that respawn on top of being able to attack twice either. Biggest complaint so far
Permanent stat boosts.
Thanks!

Beat the game earlier today after grinding for most of the radiant skills. Probably was pretty overlevelled for it since it wasn't too challenging, just long. I like in the epilogue that most of the people from Aya's quests can be found. Also Kiria's blushing was pretty cute.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That Tron boss is pretty unbalanced. He can do a medium magic attack to my entire party twice killing at least two and then I get in the rythm of trying to revive one and heal. Had to grind for a bit in the exp dungeon and even after being 10 levels above the recommended I had to drop it down to easy. Not sure if there's a repel spell I should have, but yeah. Worst boss so far.
Don't like how bosses usually have multiple helpers that respawn on top of being able to attack twice either. Biggest complaint so far

Thanks!
Huh, the biggest issue people have is killing the adds before they do their thang, surving the fire and almighty should have been easy...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I feel like such a monster every time I just drain the random bums EP so nothing but the boss can do a damn thing. Love it.

I was hesitant on playing this game but ironically it's turning out to be the better Fire Emblem then Fates in it's entirety.

Props to Atlus.

Baliis

Finished tonight at right around 46 hours. Had a couple close calls on the last boss but managed to finish him off. Overall I loved the game even if I found the epilogue a bit weak and the cutscene right before the final boss was amazingly cheesy but awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuuuggghhhhh, this fight in Ch. 5 with
Dark Yashiro
is perhaps the most annoying so far, & this is with everyone at level 50 (Itsuki at 53).

For that fight I just put *character spoilers*
yashiro
on counter all the time and used touma and itsuki to do attacks or put up mirrors/heal/debuff.

random25

I just finished chapter 3 and just realized that the accessories are the equivalent to armor. And I haven't replaced them up until now. lmao that's why I'm draining my revival items way too much.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jeez, FINALLY. If anything, the battle just felt soooooo dragged out.

.........least I got a whopping 25 5-star prestige & everyone's weapons were fully skilled out.

casiopao

Hiks. After playing till Chapter 3, now i must leave the game for unknown time.T_T

Sometimes, i wonder if all these jobs worth it.T_T

Anyway guys, all my team reached level 35,36 right now otw to fight Barry. Am i over level or underlevel?

And does anyone had problem facing savage monsters? I have been defeating quite a number of them but now as my level had reached 35/36, it seems they are spamming me with level 40+ monsters which had been wrecking me badly.T_T

Also, does anyone feel this game is actually much hardcore than i thought? I mean, even SMT4 give us Charon to save us from sudden game over or Xeno series which had no game over.

This game just suddenly kill my team and then the title screen pop out.T_T I lost 1 hour progress hiks.T_T On the other hand, Tsubasa and Ellie is soo moeeee.^_^

Sterok

Got all available carnages and radiant skills and beat the game.
The Fire Emblem theme was amazing. Almost justified this crossover by itself. Medeus was tough, especially since I didn't think about a dragon having mostly fire skills. But I triumphed thanks to special skills, lots of items, and a bit of luck. But mostly strategy. Everyone pulled their weight. Itsuki's ending was appropriate for him.

Yashiro was probably my favorite character overall, followed closely by Kiria. Touma and Ellie were cool too. Tsubasa and Mamori was alright. Itsuki has has been established was boring. Maiko and Tiki were fine, but Barry was really annoying. The mirages were a big disappointment. Aside from the usual complaints I think their lack of expressions was my biggest problem with the game. Cain, Tharja, and Virion were the only decent ones. Way too little Awakening presence overall. Not sure why they didn't just pull everyone from Shadow Dragon. Well I know why, but they easily could have all been from SD.

Good game overall. The battle system was great overall, and for the most part there were no useless options. All the characters had their ups and downs, though Itsuki should have been switchable. Dungeon design was great. Presentation was lovely from graphics to the music. Characters were nothing special, but they were likeable enough. Story was meh. After 60 hours I don't know if I want to do new game +, but it was good enough that I'll probably consider it someday. I don't know if this was a good crossover, and it still feels unreal even now. But it's great on its own merits, and that's what matters.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Done
Kiria and Tsubasa's
final sidequests now and I have one question... Why is anime so against characters confessing their feelings?!

casiopao

Done Kiria and Tsubasa's
final sidequests
now and I have one question... Why is anime so against characters confessing their feelings?!

Hmm? Isn't that more or less the thing happen on RL too? People mostly hate disturbing the status quo which they are enjoying right now. I mean, if you are rejected, you sure are going to feel awkward with the person who rejected you right?lolol.

On the topic though lol, devs will never want to destroy the shipping fandom. If the game shipped the MC with one of the girls, the other shippers is going to go berserk like Nisekoi and many other harem shows fanboys lol.

HawthorneKitty

Hiks. After playing till Chapter 3, now i must leave the game for unknown time.T_T

Sometimes, i wonder if all these jobs worth it.T_T

Anyway guys, all my team reached level 35,36 right now otw to fight Barry. Am i over level or underlevel?

And does anyone had problem facing savage monsters? I have been defeating quite a number of them but now as my level had reached 35/36, it seems they are spamming me with level 40+ monsters which had been wrecking me badly.T_T

Also, does anyone feel this game is actually much hardcore than i thought? I mean, even SMT4 give us Charon to save us from sudden game over or Xeno series which had no game over.

This game just suddenly kill my team and then the title screen pop out.T_T I lost 1 hour progress hiks.T_T On the other hand, Tsubasa and Ellie is soo moeeee.^_^
You're a little over leveled and savage enemies grow with you.

Giolon

No matter where you are, Savage Enemies will always be 4-6 levels higher than Itsuki in my experience.

Which reminds me, due to all my grinding of different characters, Itsuki is regularly 3-5 levels higher than my other chars by Chapter 4. I don't suppose there's any way to catch the others up to him other than hoping the XP curve is harsh enough to diminish the gap?

casiopao

You're a little over leveled and savage enemies grow with you.

Good lol. I am currently trying filled up and mastered all my carnage weapon but the 3 star thingy can't really drop.T_TThe funny thing is, i have actually unlocked Kiria new quest here but Bord and Cord raeped me so badly that i end up continuing my story now lol.T_T

Also, any good place to farm Macha Converter? I would need to remember that when i return to play the game.T_T

casiopao

No matter where you are, Savage Enemies will always be 4-6 levels higher than Itsuki in my experience.

Which reminds me, due to all my grinding of different characters, Itsuki is regularly 3-5 levels higher than my other chars by Chapter 4. I don't suppose there's any way to catch the others up to him other than hoping the XP curve is harsh enough to diminish the gap?

Hmmm thats strange, Ele and Tsubasa in my team currently is the same level as Itsuki which 36 while Touma and Kiria is 2 level behind thanks to the mid boss of Chapter 3. I guess you don't waste any skill spot for exp skills?

Edit: Bahhh dopost.T_T

Meier

I tried to fight that boss at lvl 31-32 and did not succeed. He gets reinforcements regularly it seems and blocks all melee attacks against the mages with the bodyguard ability. Very tough fight, feel like I'll have to level up quite a bit. He has a some time one hit kill on most anyone I'd imagine.

Brakke

Banned

That was the first fight I lost. I didn't grind up for it but changed my strategy up. Bring Tsubasa and Touma for their spear advantage over Yashiro. If Yashiro ever doesn't counter, you dump spear attacks on him; if he's hurt, the boss will sacrifice some of its own health to heal him. If counter is up, hit the boss or heal. When boss moves into his final (?) black-colored phase, you gotta put everything you've got into killing him since his spells hit pretty hard. Change out characters if needed for your best SP attacks.

HawthorneKitty

Yay 100%
WVW69jZVMz4sGyIxJ9

Gotta decide if I want my fourth run to be Lunatic or otherwise, probably going otherwise since in the end, Lunatic means nothing.

The Savage Encounters are fixed fights based on ranges of Itsuki's level

Whizkid7

So I finally got to the infamous wedding dress last night. It's not super hideous like it was being made out to be, but it's definitely jarring. Honestly should've left it alone, or at least not just turned her skin white. Sigh, it'd be a really nice costume if not for that. Guess I'll stick to Dreamcatcher.

Vecks

Finished chap 4 at about 30 hours of game time. I was really confused for half an hour when I first started the dungeon. Was just wandering around aimlessly, filling out the map. But when I finally figured out what to do, I was pretty wary that they were going to make me
complete all the screens.
But that wasn't the case. Oddly enough, I was kind of disappointed to find that the actual dungeon was pretty short, and wouldn't have minded a few extra sections. But I did like the
grid puzzle
. Thought that was pretty neat. The boss battle was also much easier than I expected. Had more trouble with the midboss of ch.4.

Dimmle

So far my favorite side stories (in their entirety) have been Ellie's and Touma's. They're such solid pals. Ellie's denouement
had me a little misty
, even.

Sadist

Ugggh

I'm still stuck at the chapter 5 thing, frustrating. The thing with mannequins. Would like tips.

So, I've tried every combination and that stupid Mirage keept telling me I haven't put the mannequins in the right poses yet. Can someone help me out? I'm missing something very obvious, but I just can't see what it is. Annoying.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It'll let you do sidequests mid-chapter, which is a bit weird. Since I had to get the teddy bear fixed for whatsherface and it was in the middle of desolate Shibuya, with dreary music and everything. It was kind of awkward. Your boss is stuck in some bizarro world, and she's asking you to find a stuffed animal.

Anbec7

Question about food and luck, does it help to have high luck when you level up?
What is the food that help most of my "artists"?

Ugggh

I'm still stuck at the chapter 5 thing, frustrating. The thing with mannequins. Would like tips.

So, I've tried every combination and that stupid Mirage keept telling me I haven't put the mannequins in the right poses yet. Can someone help me out? I'm missing something very obvious, but I just can't see what it is. Annoying.

The left mannequin left hand needs to be in the lowest position and right hand highest position while the right mannequin is the opposite with the left being the highest and right being the lowest.

Sadist

The left mannequin left hand needs to be in the lowest position and right hand highest position while the right mannequin is the opposite with the left being the highest and right being the lowest.
Oh I understand that, but do which mannequins do you have to use? Just the ones on the same floor?

Edit; nevermind, got it. I shouldn't play games anymore when I'm tired :')

Top Bottom