• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
I got locked out last night and i did not even have a crafted backpack, i dont mean to sound really salty here but is there some form of compensation for people who have been locked out , I mean a month of no game time is certainly annoying

Yeah they are likely to give you 4 Dark Zone keys at the rewards vendor.

Kidding aside you should be able to get a refund at least.

Kadin

I know I might be in the minority here but I just have to say, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the term 'Bambi' used in this thread. Especially when one poster will call out another poster for being one. I try to see the humor in things but I'm starting to see a divide in our community and I'm not sure I see this going to a good place. I for one would love to see it stop but that's not within my control.

Just my 2 cents and felt I should finally say something.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone up for gerbil hunting tonight? The big cat is ready to prowl the streets.

They wont see u coming.

pL6c3.gif

60b6de3fd322676cdaff32dd7e18900f.gif

Tawpgun

Honestly rolls also depend on PvE or PvP.

I think Brutal can be changed with something else for PvP. You're not gonna be getting consistent headshots.

What will phoenix credits be used for post patch? It's regular credits for re-rolling HE gear, and I think I read that the DZ6 Church stock will now cost DZ credits?

I'm sitting at rank 49, wondering if I should get to 50 and buy the mp5 now or once the change has been made?

Iceman829

What will phoenix credits be used for post patch? It's regular credits for re-rolling HE gear, and I think I read that the DZ6 Church stock will now cost DZ credits?

I'm sitting at rank 49, wondering if I should get to 50 and buy the mp5 now or once the change has been made?

The current stock of BP in the DZ will cost DZ funds. The items items being added will probably cost PCs. New DZ vendor gear available at rank 75 and 90.

TsuWave

friend of mine just got HE socom M1A with brutal, coolheaded and toxic and 166% headshot damage. why does this game hate me so much? :/

D i Z

I know I might be in the minority here but I just have to say, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the term 'Bambi' used in this thread. Especially when one poster will call out another poster for being one. I try to see the humor in things but I'm starting to see a divide in our community and I'm not sure I see this going to a good place. I for one would love to see it stop but that's not within my control.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

The1Ski

Used my 30 day trial through gamefly and rented this. I remember when this game was first revealed, it was really high on my "to play" list. The beta just didn't grab me like I thought it would. Gonna dive in after it updates and see if it sticks.

My personal opinion, it's the best game I've played in a long time. And the changes made by massive seem to be outstanding so far.

ISOM

It should stop because it sounds lame.

KDR_11k

Am I the only one who just cannot get into the whole Rogue system? The way gear differences make "level 30" completely meaningless as a power description and identical looking players can range from complete pushovers to unstoppable terminators makes me not want to ever engage in PVP. When I see a rogue on the map I run away on the assumption that people only go rogue if they already have top tier gear (I don't so I cannot hurt them at all, I only have regular Phoenix/CM tier yellows, no DT/DZ50 grade stuff and no optimized talents). Of course that also means I have no practice in PVP combat so I avoid it even more.

Hell, even the idea of going rogue just for DZ XP makes me cringe because it triggers my sociophobia, I go through life attempting not to garner any attention and getting marked like that in a game makes me want to vomit. And losing to someone I cannot hurt anyway just reminds me of schoolyard bullying...

theWB27

Has there been a divide? I've seen that the ones who use that harmless term Bambi have still been super helpful to others in here.

Not only that...I've seen people team up for the dz.

There's no real reason to create a friction that isn't there.

Kadin

Has there been a divide? I've seen that the ones who use that harmless term Bambi have still been super helpful to others in here.

Not only that...I've seen people team up for the dz.

There's no real reason to create a friction that isn't there.
This post was in reference to this one. I've seen some others similar but I'm not gonna dig any deeper. It's not something I'm just making up, but you can think it is if you'd like.

Am I the only one who just cannot get into the whole Rogue system? The way gear differences make "level 30" completely meaningless as a power description and identical looking players can range from complete pushovers to unstoppable terminators makes me not want to ever engage in PVP. When I see a rogue on the map I run away on the assumption that people only go rogue if they already have top tier gear (I don't so I cannot hurt them at all, I only have regular Phoenix/CM tier yellows, no DT/DZ50 grade stuff and no optimized talents). Of course that also means I have no practice in PVP combat so I avoid it even more.

Hell, even the idea of going rogue just for DZ XP makes me cringe because it triggers my sociophobia, I go through life attempting not to garner any attention and getting marked like that in a game makes me want to vomit. And losing to someone I cannot hurt anyway just reminds me of schoolyard bullying...
Need Light Zone pls Massive

theWB27

This post was in reference to this one. I've seen some others similar but I'm not gonna dig any deeper. It's not something I'm just making up, but you can think it is if you'd like.

Yet the overall theme of the thread hasn't been that way. Players have been super helpful to others in here. Including those who use the term.

There are always going to be things that go the other way, but this thread isn't malicious. There is no real friction here.

Sorry, I can't help in game I'll try my best to assist here though. I'll start off by saying the patch next week should hopefully assist you getting rid of those blues and hopefully some and eventually all of those purples. If you haven't read the patch notes and the additional notes released today I would go give them a quick read. The main take away is named bosses will drop a high end when killed. This means hard missions will reward you with some HE items.

It seems like you are running with an SMG/Marksman combo. I run a similar loadout (Vector/M44). I need to craft more Mp5s, but I've been too lazy to do that. My loadout I went with perks that increase my crit chance %, crit damage %, armor damage, elite damage and anywhere I could pick up additional armor I did. I get about 54% mitigation.

I would assume your DZ rank is on the lower side (under 50) and are currently locked out from crafting a HE chest piece. No worries I ran with a purple for a long time. This also means you should focus on a backpack due to it's trait of being able to roll additional armor.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JC-FU_NowQH-fD7iUJ-avUrIs/edit#gid=1229216697

Check out that spread sheet if you want to see which armor or mods can possibly roll the stats you are searching for.

I was wondering if you could post some of your stats: Firepower/Stamina/Electronics numbers. Stats for critical hit chance and damage, damage to named enemies/elites, damage to armor. The 54% mitigation should be just fine. People should aim to be over 50% mitigation number. There is also a stat for reduction to elite enemies or something along those lines if you were aiming for that.

In CM you can use skills such as smart cover, booster shot, pulse to increase damage output and increase damage reduction.You might want to evaluate your talents as well. I don't have the list in front of me nor do I know the best ones off hand, but feel free to post and we can give feedback.

As far as the CMs themselves. Is there a particular mission you are running that you are having difficulty with or maybe getting hung up in a particular location? I would be happy to give battle strategy advice If I knew where the problem was happening during a mission. Even a non elite team can beat a CM can beat a CM with a sound strategy and using skills/abilities together.

Here's my latest setup after a few more runs and had 1 HE drop out of ~15 runs. The rest I used the materials to craft.

The latest Vector I crafted is
Brutal (unlocked) Fierce (locked) Deadly (unlocked)

Seems like I really need to work on the elite armor damage and elite and named damaged.

Namikaze1

Same here

Kadin

Yet the overall theme of the thread hasn't been that way. Players have been super helpful to others in here. Including those who use the term.

There are always going to be things that go the other way, but this thread isn't malicious. There is no real friction here.
I didn't say the overall theme of the thread was that way, I said I was starting to see something change. And I'm not sure why you're putting words into my mouth, I didn't say anything about this thread being malicious. I simply pointed out something I was noticing. I just don't find the term 'Bambi' to be funny and it's wearing pretty thin. Everyone (including you) can disagree with me, that's fine as we're all welcome to our own opinions.

theWB27

I didn't say the overall theme of the thread was that way, I said I was starting to see something change. And I'm not sure why you're putting words into my mouth, I didn't say anything about this thread being malicious. I simply pointed out something I was noticing. I just don't find the term 'Bambi' to be funny and it's wearing pretty thin. Everyone (including you) can disagree with me, that's fine as we're all welcome to our own opinions.

Ok

The last hour in the dz01... 4 consecutive manhunts survived. Bambis just kept on coming. Got me from low 80 to mid-81 when all was said and done haha.

taylor-swift-disney-bambi-face-swap.gif

Audioboxer

Woohoo got rid of my purple holster with the holster from the advanced weapons guy upstairs. All yellow now.

Just need some more weapon variety. Rolling with the Cad and Vector. Want a HE sniper that isn't the police one (I prefer slower but bigger punch packing snipers).

cakely

I felt that way initially because it describes me ... my gear is unexceptional, and I've been playing in the DZ solo because my regular group of friends are taking a break from The Division.

If two guys see me solo at an extraction point, odds are good they'll go rogue, and then there's a excellent chance I'll be dead before I can down one of them. So, yeah, that's me. I'm rifle-bait for better geared, grouped players. It sucks.

BUT, most of the guys in thread actually using the term seem friendly and also seem to be grouping up with gafffers, so, I'll reserve judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom