• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

That was a fun run. Thanks, Gore, Darknyss, and Jafku.

We stole several guys's HEs. We went on a manhunt and survived for a few minutes against 7-8 folks before the numbers game got to us all.

Overall, it was pretty fun.

Good run, fun too plus decent amount of dtec as a bonus. You got 2 HE off players right??

DZ83.5 now, don't think I'll make DZ90 by Tue.

M44 - Is this worth picking up?

I think so (get blueprint) it can one shot down in PvP and 30s in the DZ. Hits for 450k at 3k firearms, then pulse etc. Need to go for headshots tho. Quick video in action: https://youtu.be/vC6M3qytq-o

Explosive rounds even with bodyshots will 1H down in the DZ too. Here's a video from the other day with explosive rounds: https://youtu.be/HQFnj_TJkN4

M1A you can spam alot more, when I use this I feel it's more of a single fire long range assault rifle. I like both guns tho.

bjaelke

Currently level 23 and so sick of encounters and side missions. They are all copy and paste. If I have to enable one more scanner I'll probably stop playing. There are so few "real" missions, it feels like what I'm doing is 80% mundane side stuff and 20% actual interesting content. Can I repeat the story stuff to level up? Did you do all the side/encounter missions while leveling?

Yes story missions are repeatable. You can even up the difficulty which I'd recommend.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yes story missions are repeatable. You can even up the difficulty which I'd recommend.
You cannot level with replaying missions... they only grant xp once, iirc. You have to do the shitty sidemissions.

bjaelke

You cannot level with replaying missions... they only grant xp once, iirc. You have to do the shitty sidemissions.

You get plenty of experience from killing the enemies + it's less tedious than doing side missions.

I'm not suggesting that he should do it, but he did ask if it was possible.

Mob

To add to this, repeating the story missions will only give you xp for the enemies you kill , you won't get the big chunk you get for first time completion.

You will need to do the majority of the encounters to upgrade all wings to 100% as well as the story missions don't provide enough points to do so.

The encounters do get repetitive so I'd suggest mixing it up with reruns of the story missions you particularly enjoyed.

I did all the encounters and after fully upgrading the base I was left with 260 medical, 260 tech & 500 security.
So I guess you could leave 4 medical, 4 tech & 8 security encounters and still get the base to 100%

Namikaze1

Good run, fun too plus decent amount of dtec as a bonus. You got 2 HE off players right??

DZ83.5 now, don't think I'll make DZ90 by Tue.
Just one, Jafku stole the one that dropped from one of the guys from that group who kept following us. I killed the guy, saw yellow, I tried to pick it up but Jafku beat me to it.

I hit rank 60.5, went up a level and a half.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You get plenty of experience from killing the enemies + it's less tedious than doing side missions.

I'm not suggesting that he should do it, but he did ask if it was possible.

I suggest him doing each area completely.

While it sucks, you will never be under leveled and have 100% BoO when 30.

deadduck

Just one, Jafku stole the one that dropped from one of the guys from that group who kept following us. I killed the guy, saw yellow, I tried to pick it up but Jafku beat me to it.

I hit rank 60.5, went up a level and a half.

The ability to pickup drops quick is a skill in itself!

One guy on my FL beats me every time, he makes sure he's by the body as they fall and you don't even see it!

Jafku

It was a pretty decent firearms mod. +127 to firearms stat. Had to delete it though. Didn't want those groups getting any HE's off of me

oSoLucky

I'm wondering how much DZ xp the weeklies are going to give, or if there's something like a Nightfall buff. 50 to 90 is going to be a pretty significant grind. Only 58 now, going to try for 70 by the patch.

SilentFlyer

I'm wondering how much DZ xp the weeklies are going to give, or if there's something like a Nightfall buff. 50 to 90 is going to be a pretty significant grind. Only 58 now, going to try for 70 by the patch.

Try to kill every NPC you see. Keep yourself to DZ 1-4 if you want to level up fast. Better to find a team. That's how me and my team leveled up. I'm almost 85. I was 61 three days ago.

Iceman829

better to 100% your BoO , you can level up to 30 , but yeah it's tedious

This. You want a maxed out BoO so everything is unlocked. It might suck now, but you'll be happier later.

FYI skip any bounty missions. If you want you do these once you reach 30 and can get HE items off the named enemies once the 1.1 patch is deployed

theWB27

I don't know what was up, but earlier this morning and about an hour ago I felt like I was out of my league chasing some rogues.

That's the first time it's happened too. Wasn't a good feeling at all.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Holyfuck I'm frustrated. I have a full back pack trying to extract and I've been kicked out 5 times in a row now. Fucking pissing me off. Right when I start getting purple drops too.

120v

decided to hold off on DZ until i finished the main story, which was a few days ago... and i'm sooo relieved they're patching the DZ vendors, shit is ridiculous. as of now i need to grind to 50 just to get anything halfway decent. surprised most people didn't call it a day after 30 or so

deadduck

Caught two players boosting, taking turns going rogue and waiting out their timer so I waited until they were off guard:

https://youtu.be/bI3t_HwnzG4

On a seperate note: another bug not fixed yet -/Massive seems to think that some players blocked on PSN are 'friends' and its show them on the map.

Deku Tree

Caught two players boosting, taking turns going rogue and waiting out their timer so I waited until they were off guard:

https://youtu.be/bI3t_HwnzG4

On a seperate note: another bug not fixed yet -/Massive seems to think that some players blocked on PSN are 'friends' and its show them on the map.

That players friend was really no help. Just sat there and let you reck the rogue. Didn't even try to defend, not willing to go rogue for real.

Da Fro

So should I be waiting to buy blueprints from the phoenix credit vendors in the base and the Dark Zone until after the update?

Deku Tree

So should I be waiting to buy blueprints from the phoenix credit vendors in the base and the Dark Zone until after the update?

A lot of people are doing that yes. There are going to be new BP's and there will be ilvl 32 BPs. But we don't know all the details. So there is no best strategy.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Lol just got to lvl 30 and was able to do 1 set of hard mode missions for PCs. Guess not getting any blueprints this week.

Olengie

Did Russian Consulate on CM with my friend and two randoms two days ago. Half way through it, we realized the two randoms were half assing everything and were generally no help at all (Running into enemy fire at the start of the wave, dying at the same place multiple times, acting LIKE the JTF, etc).

We decided to carry them all the way to the Hornet fight and my friend kick them at the last minute. Then we invited one of our friends to finish the rest of it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did Russian Consulate on CM with my friend and two randoms two days ago. Half way through it, we realized the two randoms were half assing everything and were generally no help at all (Running into enemy fire at the start of the wave, dying at the same place multiple times, acting LIKE the JTF, etc).

We decided to carry them all the way to the Hornet fight and my friend kick them at the last minute. Then we invited one of our friends to finish the rest of it.
Dragging them along and kicking them at the end is still a dick move

CLBridges

Used my 30 day trial through gamefly and rented this. I remember when this game was first revealed, it was really high on my "to play" list. The beta just didn't grab me like I thought it would. Gonna dive in after it updates and see if it sticks.

With no dailies looks like I'm just gonna grind the DZ until Thesday and craft all my mats to HE mats.

The grind to 90 is really a slog. Ugh. Even going rogue and such still makes it awful. I really hope the supply drops help make the DZ more dynamic and different. Right now the grind and repetition is strong.

Tawpgun

Got a high end vest I needed. Gonna go extract.

Wes one shots some innocent no loot bambi looking at his watch. We go rogue.

A lvl 90 team comes up and massacres us while Wes is nowhere to be seen because he ran away.

We became the bambis.

And wes is an ass

Mob

So do high ends drop from hard mode missions or just challenge?

Wondering if I should farm scarecrow or Barrett.

High ends can drop from hard mode, I got a HE FW M1A from Hornet in hard mode.

They are iLvl 30 in hard mode and iLvl 31 in challenge mode.

Tecnniqe

Banned

A lvl 90 team comes up and massacres us while Wes is nowhere to be seen because he ran away.

We became the bambis.

And wes is an ass

DZ rule of thumb; There is always someone to Bambi you

We became the bambis.

And wes is an ass

tumblr_mm4sd2QQP81qfahdso1_500.gif

unrealist

Is it a bad time to jump into the game? I stopped for like 3 weeks (Still @ level 20).. seems like the DZ is really bad with tons of overgeared players now?

Neuro

OH MY GOD
I can't wait for patch to come and release me from backpack purgatory
giphy.gif

I got locked out last night and i did not even have a crafted backpack, i dont mean to sound really salty here but is there some form of compensation for people who have been locked out , I mean a month of no game time is certainly annoying

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

We became the bambis.

And wes is an ass

f7FdEdG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom