• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
There's two types of players in the Dark Zone.

Rogues and Bambis.

Bambis are just unmarked players. It's not derogatory, and the only time when it's used as "hunting some Bambis" is when someone is literally doing that. Going through the Dark Zone and hunting unmarked players. Which is perfectly fine thing to do in the Dark Zone if that tickles your fancy.

Deku Tree

So if I run Lexington CM or any CM enough after Tuesday then I'm gonna have full ilvl 32 HE weapons and gear eventually since the boss is LvL 32 and you get a guaranteed HE at the same lvl as the boss to drop every time you play. Wonder if the after match reward is also going to be ilvl 32 HE gear.

So if the incursion has named LVL 33 or 34 bosses then do you get ilvl 33 or ilvl 34 HE to drop from them too?

Klyka

Banned
"Bambi" is a term from DayZ which was used to describe players who had just spawned fresh on the coast and were therefore at the mercy of geared players.

I hate the use of it and think it's ridiculous, but it does work in Division because someone with lesser gear might as well not even have any gear at all, that's how useless they are against a highly geared player.

That like probably 8/10 of those highly geared players who deem it ok to call people "Bambis" became so geared by running the same boss /mission glitch/exploit for days on end, honestly just makes me chuckle.

Kadin

I've been falling through the world in every hard mode mission I play. Is this a known issue or an I just super lucky?
If it's happening on every hard mode (meaning different locations) then yeah you're just really (un)lucky. If it keeps happening where you get ported out from the bottom below the map and fall through again, yeah that happens a lot. You have to quickly quick travel somewhere when you reach the bottom before it autoloads you back and you fall through again.

I've been falling through the world in every hard mode mission I play. Is this a known issue or an I just super lucky?

It's because your gear sucks, Bambi. Did I do that right guys?

Also Jk.

I experience the falling through the map issue intermittently. Seems to be tied to fast traveling.

Iceman829

Here's my latest setup after a few more runs and had 1 HE drop out of ~15 runs. The rest I used the materials to craft.

The latest Vector I crafted is
Brutal (unlocked) Fierce (locked) Deadly (unlocked)

Seems like I really need to work on the elite armor damage and elite and named damaged.

I'm just going to bullet point things since I'm just taking a break at work, but I'll go through the important things to note and feel free to continue with the questions and feedback.

Congrats on the vector roll!

If you haven't already done so aim to upgrade your scope and magazine via the BoO vendor

CQBSS Blueprint - This scope is great on the vector and you can get get stat boosts from it. It's always great because the scope is half the size of the gun :p

Extended Magazine Blueprint - Also great for the vector because it increases that small clip size.

All those purple mods will be eventually upgraded to yellow mods which will have higher totals than your current purple ones.

All of the above mods are from BoO blueprints you can purchase. I don't want to tell you to buy blueprints mainly because we don't know if the BoO vendor is changing via the 1.1 patch. The DZ vendor gear is changing to gear available at lvl 15 and 40 that can be purchased with DZ $. If they change the older BoO vendor gears to cash it looks like you have plenty to use ~1mil. You may want to wait and see (your decision).

If you have any HE 30 gear and even the purple 30 or 31 gloves will eventually all be HE 31 gear. As your raise your base stats in firearms/stamina/electronics your skills, health and talents will unlock. Nothing you can do about that without either new blueprints or lucky drops.

Your armor mitigation is right at the 50% mark and remember it caps at 65%. As just stated as you replace and upgrade some things you currently use this will see a boost in this as well.

I noticed critical hit chance is at 0% can you verify if this was with your primary or secondary weapon? Either this is an issue. You have 90%+ critical damage, but without critical chance (this caps at 60%) it won't proc and you won't be dealing the maximum damage you can do. Keep a lookout for armor with critical hit chance and sometimes it has damage + with it as well. If you find a nice piece of armor and need to reroll a talent wait until Tuesdays patch. You can save your pcreds and just use cash to reroll.

A nice place to check the damage and how often you critically hit is down in the shooting range. I took all my mods one day and started switching things in and out ignoring the "DPS" number and slapped on what my gun needed. I ended with a slightly lower DPS number that I began with, but my gun handled better and hit harder with more criticals as well. Don't lock yourself into the DPS number if I haven't stated this before. Accuracy can inflate this number without inflating damage output.

I know you mentioned having issues during CMs. Was this a personal iissue or was the team having difficulty with the mission. I would be happy to review how your team attacks the mission and most people here can elaborate on their useful tips on beating these missions.

PS stack that smart cover until they patch it on Tuesday
:)

I'll check back later. Going to finish putting all my time and billing in for the week before HR shits a brick.

Well, no more dark zone for me. Can't get anywhere solo, can't find a team, and when I join people on my friends list, they kick me from the group and kill me immediately. Anywhere else I can get good gear?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Budgie?

SqZlt1I.gif

Iceman829

I wanna be a bad boy

You're in time out. Sit in the corner and think about what you did.

Well, no more dark zone for me. Can't get anywhere solo, can't find a team, and when I join people on my friends list, they kick me from the group and kill me immediately. Anywhere else I can get good gear?

What gear do you have that needs upgrading or what are you chasing after? The Special Gear Vendor in the BoO can do a great job gearing your character up.

Vector or Black Market AK. HE lvl 31 armor pieces for everything except your Vest and Holster. They have sold a lvl HE 31 holster as well.

The CQBSS scope and extended magazine are great.

Tuesday may user in a different way of obtaining gear. It will also introduce 2 different gear levels for the DZ. If you are frustrated in the DZ right now take a break run some missions for pcreds if you want to and take a break if needed. You can also try matchmaking via the DZ checkpoint. My advice here would be to set your privacy to open to avoid be matched with others, but to be the party leader yourself.

What version of the game do you own? Try and find people on the forum here. Lots of people seem to post that are solo often. Perhaps you may play the same version and can team up together.

I know xbox has a pretty healthy group of players and everyone is pretty friendly.

No 80 odd PC from Daily missions today but made over 200 PC from DZ.

If you're on PS4, add me: ruthlesbarbarian, can help you out with some DZ action.

mintyice

Anyone want to do Dark Zone stuff? Maybe DZ01? I just hit 30 so I just need some other stuff to do in this game.

add me on Uplay: mintyice

ChrisW

Just entered a DZ where there was 6/7 people all on manhunt teaming up, sucked lost everything and could never extract. They would just camp on spots that you have to climb to.

Anyone on PC want to add me to play some DZ? Add: Strikerjosh9

mintyice

Just entered a DZ where there was 6/7 people all on manhunt teaming up, sucked lost everything and could never extract. They would just camp on spots that you have to climb to.

Anyone on PC want to add me to play some DZ? Add: Strikerjosh9

Added. I'm a fresh 30 though so gear isn't great.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Holy shit just had best DZ moment in DZ4/5 main road.

4 of us vs like unlimited cannon fodder.

Had like 8 versus us at the same time at one point.

Clusterfuck of chain Ulti and flaking made quick work of them tho!

CLBridges

Just reached level 6 and man, there's so much to do. I see the streets are much more active than when I played the beta, lots of enemies to kill. Gonna take a break/nap and probably get to at least level 15ish later today.

Kept logging in wondering why my dailies and CM wasn't showing, looks like everyone is having an issue. Oh well. I guess I will play something else since it seems like a lot of people aren't logging on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom